Page 1 of 1

1 plant under 400 watt HPS ( cupboard grow)

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 pm
by dill786
I am growing 1 plant under a 400 watt HPS, unknown strain, i am 13 days into flowering and have plenty of bud sites and white hairs growing, i have pruned the lower branches and have a oscillating fan on 24/0.

this is my first indoor grow albeit i have grown clones under cfl lights before enough times.

i am wondering what yield can i expect from her, i was thinking 4 OZ or is that fantasy world !!!?

i am growing in dirt in a biggish pot i veged it for 4 weeks on a 24/0 cycle and then switched to flowering mode

i am not using any chemicals apart from seaweed extract and all purpose organic tomato nutrients..

any advice and comments are welcome..

pics tomorow inshallah !!!!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm
by Jesús Malverde
If you can coax a QP from a single plant and a 400, I think you are an ace. But what do I know, I'd just plant it outside.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:58 pm
by Lrus007
mostly depends on strain
but is posable
Lrus007

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:48 pm
by deran
ive seen a nice 1g/w scrog with 1 plant and one 400W plant, also weve been witnesses to 3g/w with a 400W lamp, during old cw days, di wees high density sog

tho without a pic, growth characteristics, time veged and so on .. its all dubious :D

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 pm
by Intrinsic
I like to hear a history of transplants, size of container now and veg time ..

bigger the root
bigger the fruit

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:13 am
by dill786
some pics

some cuttings i taken from her

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:17 am
by dill786
i taped some leaves down to help it bush out !!!

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am
by dill786
one of the main stems snapped in half while i was taking pics......

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 am
by dill786
temps in side are 28c

dunno about the humidity i dont have the meter,, gonna have to pop into maplins and pick one up next time i am down town

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:02 pm
by country boy
What size space it that?

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm
by dill786
3 foot wide and 6 foot high!!

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm
by bentech
dill786 wrote:one of the main stems snapped in half while i was taking pics......

oh no!!!

repairable?
i once saw an outdoor plant which was late in flower and one of the lower branches had broken at the trunk and fallen to the ground peeling a ribbon of the trunks outter layer down as it fell

shit you not,
that branch, laying on the ground, attached to the plant by this ribbon
continued to live for the 2 weeks i was there before we pulled it

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:18 am
by dill786
hey ben..
naa it just snapped clean off.. but its cool it has lots of bud sites..

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:43 am
by dill786
day 17

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17 am
by Lrus007
looks good
Lrus007

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:00 am
by dill786
can you put a timer on a extension lead? without any fuckups like fires and such !!!

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 am
by Zool
Yes, try and use a 13amp rated cable (big thick one) and make sure it's only as long as it needs to be, if you use a longer cable make sure it's not coiled up or wrapped around some sort of drum, (i can't think of the right word at the moment) as coils of wire heat up when they have current going through them, is it not possible to stick the timer in a wall socket and run the extension from that?

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 am
by Munchy
it shouldn't be any problem,
but I consider cheap timers to be kinda dodgy...
I like the heavy-duty 15amp digital ones..
and high-quality power strips, with a built-in circuit breaker.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 am
by twilson
400 watts in that small space. You must have a good fan .

Lookin very nice.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 am
by dill786
thanks..

the extension lead i have is rated at 13 AMP so i guess i can use that, :) i am using a mechanical timer and got another 400 watt hps light, but in the small room there are two wall sockets, one is taken by the HPS light and the other one has an extension on it, with two fans plugged into it, so i was thinking of plugging the extra 400 watt light in the extension lead on a mechanical timer for vegging my cuttings...

some of my cuttings under 2x 35 watt T5 light

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm
by Intrinsic
dill786 wrote:can you put a timer on a extension lead? without any fuckups like fires and such !!!
Ditto zool and munchy
Yes i use a timer for 450w of lights and part of the time another one for the fans on the same strip. no probs so far but i keep an eye on things.

i am using a mechanical timer
i would recommend a digital timer, less power use, safer. And mine has a battery to remember the setting after power outages

Also while im at it on about safety ,,, keep everything on one breaker, with nothing else on it. for emergency shut down. and so nothing else is pulling a load on the circuit.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:43 pm
by deran
omnirex from legrand

best timer on earth

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 pm
by dill786
day 24 of flowering

some of the tips of the white hairs are orange i think thats due to being burnt by the light??, so i am going to lower the plant a bit.. found a cobweb inbetween the nodes too, had a good look around and didnt see anything else..

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:21 pm
by dill786
i take it into the bathroom and put in the tub and give it a good drenching every 3 days..

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:30 pm
by dill786
some of the stems of the fan leaves are purple, dunno if thats the genetics of the plant or cold, or coz its rootbound or lack of magnesium but overall plant looks really healthy..

the lower fan leaves the stems are regular greenish colour !??

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:37 am
by Jesús Malverde
Looks healthy, as long as the overall plant appears vigourous you can't be far wrong. This is the stage where the plant begins to really express its own fragrance.

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:44 am
by dill786
Intrinsic wrote:
dill786 wrote:can you put a timer on a extension lead? without any fuckups like fires and such !!!
Ditto zool and munchy
Yes i use a timer for 450w of lights and part of the time another one for the fans on the same strip. no probs so far but i keep an eye on things.

i am using a mechanical timer
i would recommend a digital timer, less power use, safer. And mine has a battery to remember the setting after power outages

Also while im at it on about safety ,,, keep everything on one breaker, with nothing else on it. for emergency shut down. and so nothing else is pulling a load on the circuit.

my fuse box has RCD built in it. so would i still need a circuit breaker !?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 am
by Zool
Unless your house is brand new you probably have a ring main anyway so don't worry about the circuit breaker, if anything goes wrong the fuse in the plug should take care of it, if you are concerned about it put a smaller fuse in the plug for the ballast.

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:43 am
by dill786
LST( low stress training) ive been giving it ago, taping them down, to see if theyll bush out a little, this way i can keep the plants squat and hopefully yield more, they are still under some tube lights 2X 35 watt

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:28 pm
by dill786
do pistils change from white to orange after 30 days into flowering, i am not sure if they are burnt by the light or not?

the lower branches the pistils are orange too. i lowered the plant now, its around 12 inches away from the light, only around 20% of the pistils are orange though.....

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:36 pm
by dill786
or has it hermied?

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm
by dill786
i think i have around another 20 days max untill it finishes,......

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am
by country boy
dill786 wrote:or has it hermied?
Do you think those are nut-sacks?
Is your closet light-tight?

you say you have 2 fans. Does 1 vent to the outside or are they both for circulation?
If you have a hydro store close, get some reflective material to put on the walls/shelves.
It'll make a difference

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:09 pm
by dill786
had a close look last night and i dont think they are nut sacks. :)

both fans are for circulation, i took the back of the wardrobe cover off completely and the ambient temp in the room is 25C, the room is light tight though the windows are taped with black plastic and there is no light that leaves or enters the room......

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:13 pm
by MadMoonMan
Nice plant. Looks a lot like a Skunk. I grew and vegged plants in a space like that and works great with its own problems of heat etc which you have dealt with obviously. I got so over loaded once with plants in my other room I had to pack 12 to 15 plants in there at once. Various sizes but I only used 2 150w lights and a 75w mabe. With 400w Your gonna have some great buds! bud. :)

Love the size of that stem. That is one bushy plant.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:37 am
by dill786
thanks bro ^ rumour is that its a skunk no1.

but i didnt wanna say for sure

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:57 pm
by country boy
cool on the 'no nuts'!

any way you can vent air though that window and still keep it safe and light-tight?

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:33 pm
by dill786
^ hmm i dont think i can CB.

but the room is 12ft x 12ft so i think i can push the warm air away from the plant, but now i taken the back of the wardrobe the heat get pushed out into the room, the oscillating fans helps and moves it all about, ambient temp is 25 C in the room but am sure its more warmer under the light, but plant looks ok and no scorching on the leafs, its packing on the weight and i see the calyx getting fatter, still plenty of white hairs and only around 20% of the hairs have gone orange.. i am on day 32 of flowering now.. pics later :)

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:45 pm
by deran
it is skunk genetics, evident by the double serrated leafs ;)

and its ok that some pistils turn color at day 30 with skunk genetics, yuo can find fast phenos finishing within 45 days, tho this will go for 60 imho :)

all in all, albeit early, i say it paid off already , 10 grams dried per "main" stalk in the end , yeah :D

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:17 pm
by dill786
day 36

i lollipoped it too, got rid of all the lower branches, so what remains are all the main stalks

some of the cuttings branching out well...

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:07 am
by dill786
i found some seeds in the lower branches and today i found seeds in the top branches, what shall i do !? hack her down now and clean the room and start again or shall i let this one finish ????

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:19 am
by dill786
i dindt see any male sex the bananas or anything like that, so i am really puzzled !!?

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:52 pm
by Intrinsic
Finish. for sure. If only a few seeds then you'll likely have ONE generation of mostly feminized seeds of likely as good of smoke as the mom.
She looks brilliant! Definitely looks female and sure ain’t hard to look at. That is stronger monoecism.

Got any other canna plants outside, maybe a male in there?

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:10 pm
by dill786
the lower stems i wanted a smoke so i put some immature buds wrapped in some tin foil and in the oven for a few minutes,, when i took them out i could see around half dozen seeds..

does this mean that the cuttings are going to be hermies too !? i only ask because maybe its due to the warms temps awhile ago even though i fixed that issue last week and was getting ambient temps of 25C. if there any chance of the cuttings having both sexes i rather cull them all now and start with fresh clones..??

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm
by dill786
i have another 2 defintley females, they are just bathing from the light reflection from the wall behind the wardrobe, but i checked them out today and both are girls.. two diff strains

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:26 pm
by Intrinsic
I'm purty sure the cuttings will be dioecious/hermie too if that is the case. my attic grow will get 35c a few times in the beginning and end and no hermies.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:37 pm
by country boy
You've got a pollen source close for there to be that many seeds.
Since you aren't moving much air, I'd look close to home....

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm
by deran
the info for herm is in moms dna, so it will be as well in the clones, sooner or later it will pop up

as intrinsic said, finish this run, a few seeds wont hurt, and better to have ripe buds with seeds, than unripe, this is your only plant which wont ruin a whole room ... otherwise id say pull her out

you can test those seeds in your next run, meaning for herms, its not a practise that i personally like bc i did once a de- hermi selection, of more than 80 seeds, only 3 true males and only 12 real females, all others were hermis, and those werent freaky thais, no sir - ghs trainwreck were those, f2 selfpollination .. eeewww

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:50 pm
by dill786
i am embarrassed to say having previously saying the room was light proof, today i went into the room at 6 AM just when it was in darkness and i could clearly see muddy light coming in through the taped up window
now i have doubled up the black plastic and taped everything down,, will go in at 6 AM again this morning just too see if there is more light leaks...

i guess now its hermied this late there is no turning black even with no more light leaks???

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:58 pm
by deran
im a stong believer in dna, not light leaks ;)

if you got a true female plant, no light leaks, no changing of photoperiods, no environmetal stress will bring them to herm, but if its not true (info for banans in the dna) any enviromental stress might bring those up

dont forget most strains today have a history of more than 30 years within (nearly) perfect (indoor) conditions, ockhams razorblade, for some its great (those with perfect conditions) for the others its a pain in the ass, like all those female seed breeders, who dont stress test their genetics, and pass on hidden dna banans with their seeds, especially problematically with indoor strains grown outdoors or sub perfect conditions, a theme for a long winter evening to ponder about lol

but dill, this aint your last indoor grow, sooner or later that light leak has to be fixed ;) better now before you forget it hehe, light leaks also pro long the flowering times, read more energy costs for you

you are doing a great job, no master fell from heaven, a german saying, we see the love you invest in your/our hobby, keep on :)

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:59 am
by dill786
thanks deran..

i have grown lots of cannabis plants outdoors last 7 years , with great success. but never managed to try to do it indoors even though i had the lights, now some circumstances have changed for me so not viable to grow in the garden , i use to grow 14 females in the garden every season..

the bottom immature stems and the flowers had lots of seeds inside it, some properly formed some still immature seeds, so i am not sure what the mains head will be like once i bring down the grow and dry it out then ill defintley know how bad its hermied

i have some cuttings coming soon too

strawdog illuminati
trainwreck
chemD

so cant wait to grow them

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 am
by dill786
ive been getting into LST ( low stress training) keeping them squat by tieing or in my case taping down stems to help them bush out a little, prefer smaller squat plants with extra yield so thats what i am going for..

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am
by country boy
So did you find the pollen source?

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 am
by dill786
cb

yeah i did, had to look real close and only found one male sack right under the lowest bud on a stem, it looked really immature the nananas very really tiny and hidden under bud, so i removed it, couldn't see anymore but i noticed really ripe seeds with dark brown shell popping out of the sacks.. its day 43 today. so ill take pics in a few days.. the buds have crystallized really well.. funny thing is it doesnt smell at all, only if i rub my fingers on the bud and then smell it tou can tell its smells really skunky, but other than that it doesnt smell...

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:01 pm
by dill786
i have a small plant outdoors, its just begun to flower real slow !!! really bushy and healthy

is it possible i could dig it up and pot it in a container and bring it indoors and put it in a 12x12 cycle !?

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:23 pm
by country boy
If you have that many seeds, there are other pollen sacks you aren't seeing.
Are the clones you mentioned 'proven'?
I love the chem D(except I can't get her to root).
Don't like the way TW tastes, period.

fyi- 'true females' are rare, most will throw nuts for 1 reason or another, if ya stress em right(wrong)

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:26 pm
by dill786
the clones i taken are from the plant in flower now...

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm
by country boy
I misunderstood.
What about the chem, Tw, and strawdog?

The clones off the hermi-mother will 'probably' hermi under the same conditions

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:29 pm
by dill786
oh sorry the strawdog and the TW are from a good source :)

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 pm
by dill786
day 45

80% Of the fan leaves have yellowed and some have fallen off.. most of the hairs on the plant are reddish brown no, id say 90%

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:56 pm
by deran
the only way to judge ripeness is a handheld microscope 30 - 60 times magnification, by observing the trichomes

all clear - too early

half clear / half cloudy - starting point to harvest

cloudy - best bet

cloudy / amber - end point to harvest

amber - too late

i prefer clear / cloudy for a sativa kick

most med users would prefer cloudy / amber for an indica stone

its really just personal preferece when to harvest, but one thing is sure - no excess nitrogen, good flushed -> smooth smoke , less curing needed , nice :)

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Close to, if not already, done. I'd say.

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm
by bentech
not like i had that much experience
but i found those notions highly unhelpful

watched a plant for a month at a friends
go from 6 to 10 weeks

and all those heads looked black the whole time

same as the bubble turned out

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:55 pm
by deran
you witnessed a rare trichome formation, where plant pigments (anthocyan) is in the heads

i watched hundreds or even thousand of plants, not just one ben:)

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:59 am
by ripper5
:volcano: Nice.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:06 pm
by dill786
chopped her down today. great man cant believe it finished in 45 days :)

colas are rock hard and so resinous and sticky.. got around 9 big colas and almost zero popcorn bud, pruned it well and now they are hanging in the dark room with the fan on at low speed.. give it 4 or 5 days before i can have a smoke and see :)

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:16 pm
by dill786
rootball

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:13 pm
by Jesús Malverde
deran wrote:the only way to judge ripeness is a handheld microscope 30 - 60 times magnification, by observing the trichomes

all clear - too early

half clear / half cloudy - starting point to harvest

cloudy - best bet

cloudy / amber - end point to harvest

amber - too late

i prefer clear / cloudy for a sativa kick

most med users would prefer cloudy / amber for an indica stone

its really just personal preferece when to harvest, but one thing is sure - no excess nitrogen, good flushed -> smooth smoke , less curing needed , nice :)
Yeah, good points. It's really a style question. The flavors, aromas and the highs are both significantly different from early to late harvest. I generally prefer earlier harvested flowers but many, probably most, prefer it picked later. Later harvest is probably more commercially valuable because it is "stronger". You can take some of the couchlock out of a serious Affie by cutting early and by the same score you can tame a tame an edgy sativa by waiting.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:15 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Roots look good. If the roots are happy, you will be too.

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm
by Intrinsic
Jes too cool. makes me "thirsty" .. dense and sticky you say ...

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:48 am
by dill786
^ yep

they still a little bit wet, maybe another 2 days before i can smoke and see :) but it has lots of appeal, really sticky and dense and smells good now..

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 am
by dill786
ive been putting some wet buds in the oven wrapped in some tin foil for a smoke.. i get a hit but i am really wasting bud lol

have to stop doing it..

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:56 am
by dill786
got the strawdog and trainwreck cuttings through the post today pics later

gonna borrow some scales of a mate and weigh the skunk no1 yield later on too :)

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:06 pm
by dill786
i got 62 grammes dry weight. so over 2 ounces.. and it hermied so production slowed.. not smoked any yet, smoke report later

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm
by dill786
strawdog and karmatrain

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:44 pm
by dill786
its good though, it was my first real indoor grow as in plant to harvest...

i learnt about light leaks and unknown genetics, and about low stress training... so my next grow will be better now i have good genetics too with the cuttings i received..

gonna veg strawdog and karmatrain for maybe 25+days and then see how they shape up...

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Good little haul, good luck on the next round.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm
by dill786
thanks bro ^

so my new clones are under a soft light they will take a bit of time before i put them under the hPS on 24/0 for a month or so, maybe less..

in the mean while, i had a plant growing outdoors since mid-may, dint show sex till first week of September really weird, really healthy plant, its a girl so what i did 2 weeks ago was to dig the plant out and pot it in a tub and now its under a 12/12 cycle indoors.. its going really well too be honest it has lots more THC on it than the previous one, albeit the buds are smaller but a lot more frosty...

pics later on :)

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:34 pm
by Intrinsic
dill786 wrote:LST( low stress training) ive been giving it ago, taping them down, to see if theyll bush out a little, this way i can keep the plants squat and hopefully yield more, they are still under some tube lights 2X 35 watt

Yer tape method worked well, good success. Any easier then my rubber band LST method? i'm thinking less sticky to deal with. .

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:49 pm
by dill786
rubberband would be better as the tape keeps getting undone, i guess by the strength of the stem trying to straight itself.. but all the cuttings really bushed out, had to cull 80% of the cuttings as lack of space under the tube lights and besides i have some better strains to work with now...

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:45 pm
by jesus
deran wrote:the only way to judge ripeness is a handheld microscope 30 - 60 times magnification, by observing the trichomes

I just use a camera. Sometimes I even just use my eyes.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:51 pm
by jesus
dill786 wrote:ive been putting some wet buds in the oven wrapped in some tin foil for a smoke.. i get a hit but i am really wasting bud lol

have to stop doing it..
I take a little wet bud the and put it int a glass pipe. Not smashed in, you need the airflow. You can flame all the trichs right off the outside and get a pretty good hit. Turn it over and stuff. Eventually its dries out and you smoke the inside of it.

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:52 pm
by dill786
the plant i pulled out of the ground 3 weeks ago and potted indoors under the light has been hacked down today.. i must say it grew really well and frosted a lot more than the previous plant i had under the light, this one has firmer more rounded buds and plenty of thc underneath the small leafs almost covering the smaller leafs.. so basically the plant was started outdoors but for some bizaare reason it didnt show sex till early September and i yanked it out mid sept and put it under a light for the past 3 weeks or so, and here are the results.. buds are drying right now pics on them later..

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm
by dill786
now i am vegging strawdog and karma train

the strawdog is a mix of a few strains one being chem D

karma train is a cross between train wreck and bhuddas sister

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 pm
by deran
keep an eye on the train, its known for nanas

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 am
by dill786
^ i will thanks. i also heard that its prone to mould aswell...

they are just small seedlings right now,

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:37 pm
by dill786
karmatrain....

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:17 pm
by Lrus007
looking good
Lrus007

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:23 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Alternate leaf growth always looks like "OK, flower me anytime now" to me.

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:46 pm
by dill786
ive been tying it down to bush it out.. this is the 3rd time i have re-potted it along with the strawdog and they are not in there final pots yet, but i noticed not much top growth and plenty of growth from the roots, they fill the pot up quickly but still slow growth on top ?

is that normal behavior from cuttings?

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:47 pm
by jesus
Looks hungry for some cal mag and N or something.

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 pm
by dill786
^ thanks

i think root accelerators are unnecessarily expensive ....

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:30 pm
by dill786
latest update on the strawdawg and karmatrain* (on left).. still in veg

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:54 pm
by deran
did you cut off some branches or leafs on the left plant? reminds me of a bonsai mother

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:58 pm
by dill786
no deran, i was taping down individual branches to help the plant bush out a little but i forgot to turn the pots around so that both sides of the plant would get the "sweet spot" of the light, so i think this is why one side looks bushier and bigger than the other side...

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:01 pm
by country boy
dill786 wrote:
i think root accelerators are unnecessary AND expensive ....
fixed that for ya :grin:

It looks a bit light starved to me dil.
How far from the light is the 1 on the left?

edit-you posted before i hit reply...

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:16 pm
by dill786
^ ye..

be honest i had to switch lights off for 7 days on the trot due to unforeseen circumstances when i got home on Saturday while i was driven home i thought they must be all dead after 7 days of total darkness and no water.. when i checked they were still green and healthy and the soil was still damp.

put back on 24/0 since Saturday gave them a NPK FEED..

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:09 pm
by country boy
dill786 wrote: on the trot ....
I saw what ya did there :toker1:

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 pm
by deran
oh those 7 days of total darkness aint so good, considering you are giving em 24 h now, hormonal inbalance, fucked up veg, fucked up flower, hermies .. in the worst case, hope tho not

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 pm
by dill786
^ hmm ya

any suggestions !?

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 pm
by Jesús Malverde
If they look OK in a week or two, they'll probably be fine for vegging on.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:38 pm
by jesus
I dont know if I've done it for quite that long but its usually just a small hiccup then they veg normally.

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 pm
by Intrinsic
2cents ... just put 'em back to to normal 18/6 or whatever you were using. some dark time is good for plant/root development. (6 million years of evolution ,,)

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:46 pm
by Earl
dill786 wrote: any suggestions !?
You can't change time and light so it is done. Ain't nothing you can do but go ahead and see what you get. Good luck. :fubird:

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:53 pm
by Earl
dill786 wrote:latest update on the strawdawg and karmatrain* (on left).. still in veg

If they are all that size, you might just put them in Flower now. Smaller plants than you expected but not all hermied-up and scewed up in it's hormones. Take some cuttings and get those into 24hrs--clones maybe ready to flower when these are ready to harvest.

If the plants are smaller, I would put them in 18/6 and let they veg long (a month or 2)--don't flower until the hormones are very re-set to veg BEFORE trying to flower again.

Good luck! :fubird:

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:01 pm
by dill786
thanks..

well today i repotted them in bigger pots and added perlite which i neglected to do... when i took the plant out the roots separated in half still managed to get most of the rootball intact on both plants.. gave them a good watering.. probably veg for another month and then put in flower, have a few spare cuttings of both strains too for future use..

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 pm
by dill786
strawdog is looking good now,kinda bouncing back after the 7 days in dark situation..

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:27 pm
by dill786
i replanted it in another pot and added perlite.. still gonna veg for another 4 weeks before i switch

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Looks happy--the color actually looks dire, but I know it's really just the lighting. As you were.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:09 pm
by dill786
theres not much info online about the strawdog apart from one thread on ic mag...

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:17 pm
by dill786
there is a strain called stardawg too lol

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 pm
by dill786
latest pic on the plant that was left in the dark for 7 days straight.. its bouncing back now with lush green leafs, albeit the stems went red that other week most of them, maybe N lock out dunno, but ow its getting better and there are less red stems.. i have to water it every other day, i do the " lift " test..

i got rid of the karmatrain plant , i dindt like the look of it, but i taken some clones of her..

kamatrain clones

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:22 pm
by Intrinsic
I got nothing to add, but jes lush n green.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:00 pm
by dill786
i used miracle grow- moisture control compost lol

i am still watering every other day, when i lift the pot i can tell if it needs watering so i am not sure the moisture control part of the compost auctually works. i added perlite to the compost too maybe over did it a bit.

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:23 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Picking up the pot and judging by weight is really the only reliable means of telling how wet/dry the soil in the pot really is.

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:14 pm
by dill786
some of the small leafs in the middle of the plant were curling up ( cupped) i think its heat related, so i lowered the plant to 18 inches...

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:10 pm
by dill786
ok finally..

its not the strawdog,, this strain is "kyle kushman STARDAWG"

it came second in the california cannabis cup in 2011

http://stuffstonerslike.com/2012/01/mar ... star-dawg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:41 pm
by Butters
jj-nyc of top dawg seeds "bred" star dawg, don't think kk had anything to do with it...should be some good herbs. :smoke:

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:10 pm
by country boy
dill786 wrote:i used miracle grow- moisture control compost lol...
Is 'moisture control' small plastic balls that expand with water?

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:21 pm
by dill786
^ no something called "aqua coir"

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk ... 50l-559513" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Product details

Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Compost - 50L is ideal for planting up pots containers and hanging baskets.
Features: Enriched with Miracle-Gro Plant Food feeds plants for up to 6 months.Exclusive Aquacoir formula stores and releases water when plants need it.
Usage: Ideal for planting up pots containers and hanging baskets or for planting into beds and borders.
Volume: 50L.
Coverage: 1 bag makes sufficient compost to fill 7 hanging baskets.
Contents: Enriched with Miracle-Gro slow release plant food to feed for up to 6 months.

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:32 pm
by country boy
'It has these little balls that fill with water':
http://www.rollitup.org/t/moisture-control-soil.207637/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 pm
by dill786
i never seen the little balls man!!!

looks like the link you pasted the MG compost is getting decent reviews, but i am still watering every other day, doing the lift test. the plant is getting really bushy now and vibrant, sorted out the airflow issue and its packing on weight, i have been cropping and topping too..

i was a bit miffed when i found out it was stardawg and not strawdog but they both have chem D genetics

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:52 pm
by country boy
The link i posted was to confirm the 'little balls'...I know I'm not crazy...I know I'm not crazy....

You seem to be having great success!
Chem D is my favorite strain....makes well/strong stone
Except for being played out and hard to clone

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00 am
by dill786
terrible quality pic, but u can see the growth...

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:41 pm
by Intrinsic
Wow! what are feeding her? how many plants under the 400?

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:50 pm
by dill786
thanks bro..

not been feeding them anything, that miracle grow compost suppose to have 6 months of goodness inside it.. i have 2 plants under the 400 and 12 small clones and 4 passion flowers plants... i have been training the branches kinda, just bending and pulling them down every time i go in the growroom..

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 pm
by Intrinsic
Ahhh old UB's mantra less-is-more. Sweet.

Yeah i do that training as you check. mostly tucking leaves back,and some branches that just need pushing over instead of a another tie down.

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:08 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Whatever it is, it's working eh?

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:29 am
by dill786
gonna flip the lights next week i think.....

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:19 pm
by Intrinsic
I miss Ya Dill. Sorry.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:03 pm
by bentech
agreed, very sad

"_

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:24 pm
by BAMF
We are farmers Bum Buh Dum Duh Dum Bum Bump