PI IS EQUAL TO THREE YOU HOMOPROMOTING DEVIL EVOLUTIONIST

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Sally
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 58 times
Received Karma : 54 times

Post by Sally »

No. Only mathematically if you have only four dimensions. once you include another dimension orthogonally time doesn't work as a dimension that is you can't describe things in a five Vector with t being a component. we never talk about A Spacetime location we talk about we talk about phenomenon with respect to time. In an orthogonal dimension I have struggled incorporating time between all that because time is proportional to Mass which has the two components SpaceTime. Just as light has the two components Electric magnetic
“a mathematician who is not also something of a poet will never be a perfect mathematician.” ~ Karl Weierstrass

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 418 times
Received Karma : 513 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

We can measure the speed of light, so we know that the photon travels through our 4D space-time. We can also measure the length of each wave, so we know the peaks and troughs have a "beginning" and an "end". We can measure the energy to an electron equivalent, so we know it has something akin to mass (E/C2) – even though we assume it is massless.

But to the photon, the "beginning" and "end" (or peaks and troughs) of its wave function are in many places at once: where it starts, where it ends, and everything in-between.

At least, that's how I've been interpreting it.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:03 pm
No. Only mathematically if you have only four dimensions. once you include another dimension orthogonally time doesn't work as a dimension that is you can't describe things in a five Vector with t being a component. we never talk about A Spacetime location we talk about we talk about phenomenon with respect to time. In an orthogonal dimension I have struggled incorporating time between all that because time is proportional to Mass which has the two components SpaceTime. Just as light has the two components Electric magnetic
Time is also proportional to speed . . . which is proportional to mass. Time is still a position, no? That's what speed is – positional.
Licensed to Krill

Sally
good karma
good karma

Post by Sally »

I think the beginning and end is when we observe it. With respect to time. answering the previous post
“a mathematician who is not also something of a poet will never be a perfect mathematician.” ~ Karl Weierstrass

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

I'm going to have to stop here because I'm in a hotel with a tired wife who can hear my keyboard . . . The speed of sound is proportional to the speed of divorce in this case :innocent:
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:12 pm
I think the beginning and end is when we observe it. With respect to time. answering the previous post
Ah, and if we don't observe it . . . Buddhism and all that. G'night.
Licensed to Krill

Sally
good karma
good karma

Post by Sally »

Time is proportional to speed? no time is proportional to The Observer, no matter how fast you go relative to you time is constant, ,,

later gator thanks

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1593 times

Post by ripper5 »

:lurk:
Star Talk
Exploring the Edge of the Universe with Janna Levin

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Sally wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:14 pm
Time is proportional to speed? no time is proportional to The Observer, no matter how fast you go relative to you time is constant, ,,

later gator thanks
I should have said velocity. And it is proportional to time in the same inertial frame of reference. After all velocity is distance (displacement) over time.

Ah, these discussions require a bit of thought, which is why it's easier to post in the Ukraine War thread whenever I get a spare moment in my travels. But I do want to keep exploring.
Licensed to Krill

Sally
good karma
good karma

Post by Sally »

You were right, speed and velocity are same thing. Acceleration would be a different animal.
Right, Speed is proportional to time to an inertia observer in the same inertial frame of reference.

Time, and all properties of physics, are measured the same in all frame of references. Otherwise the speeding Observer and the Observer at rest would measure the speed of light different.

Kind of side note to think about: as one is closer to Mass, even if two observers are at rest respect to each other, the one closer to the Mass is experiencing time different relative to the Observer further away from the same mass.

mass has two components space and time.
let's explore that for fun.
Light, its Mass is equal to zero.
Its passage of time is also zero.
But an inertia observer has mass (thus space) so she has to measures light over time.
Conjecture:
mass = K(space × Time)? Where K is some proportional constant.
Similar to E = m(c^2). Where c^2 is the proportional constant.
Therefore Time = (K×m)/space? That is Time is Inversely proportional to space for the same mass?

Implies if you have time then space can't be zero, division by zero