Page 1 of 1

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:49 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
I've noticed that the DNS for http://www.planetganja.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hasn't been pointing here for the last few weeks..
Now I see that there's a teaser page :)

"PlanetGanja.com... Coming back for another round."

http://www.planetganja.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone have any info?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 pm
by smokebreaks
I say let him though I think that ship has sailed and he's lost the trust of many in the community

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:08 am
by Munchy
huh.. Nov 1st.. yeh, i wonder what he'll have to say for himself.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 am
by Sun
Gad knows how to use google to bring new traffic unlike this site that went 20 hours today without a single post.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:06 am
by bentech
fuck him!
piece of shit...

'Shocking': 9/11 Warnings More Numerous Than Previously Thought
Unreleased briefings would show Bush warned repeatedly, says journalist
- Common Dreams staff

In an op-ed appearing in Tuesday's New York Times, Kurt Eichenwald, a former staff reporter for the paper and now contributing editor at Vanity Fair, previews revelations from his soon-to-be published book that claims President George W. Bush and his top intelligent advisers were privy to a series of stark warnings about an impending Al Qaeda operation in the months leading up to the attack.

President George W. Bush addressed the nation in a television appearance on September 11, 2001. The warnings, says Eichenwald, go beyond the now famous August 6, 2001 terrorism briefing, revealed during hearings of the 9/11 Commission in 2004, that read: “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US”.

Eichenwald reports that a series of earlier briefings put the August 6th memo in its proper context and, if released, would prove that Bush had a much more substantial warning that a terrorist attack was imminent or likely. "In other words," Eichenwald writes, "the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it."

And continues:

The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.

But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.

In response, the C.I.A. prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real.

“The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden,” the daily brief of June 29 read, using the government’s transliteration of Bin Laden’s first name. Going on for more than a page, the document recited much of the evidence, including an interview that month with a Middle Eastern journalist in which Bin Laden aides warned of a coming attack...

Claiming that Bush's refusal to act created an "apoplectic" response by CIA officials at the Counterterrorism Center, Eichenwald says that some officials contemplated transfers out of the unit so that they would not be blamed for the disaster they foresaw.

Eichenbald's new book, 500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars, which chronicles the "misbegotten policies—torture, military tribunals, and the rush toward the Iraq War" that occurred in the aftermath of 9/11. His revelatory op-ed in the Times makes no ultimate claim that Bush could have foreseen all the details of the impending attack, but does argue that "throughout [the] summer, there were events that might have exposed the plans, had the government been on high alert."

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/09/11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am
by Mud Boy
Can't be any worse than this ghost town.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:30 am
by dill786
is that why every-time i clicked my bookmark for myplanetganja it took me somewhere else lol :)

i wondered what the hell was going on.....

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm
by Gadabout
I'm up to about six one... give or take a millimeter or two

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:59 pm
by Sun
Mud Boy wrote:Can't be any worse than this ghost town.

Just his knowlage of google works will get a few new members every day.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:03 pm
by bentech
'google works'?!?!?!

now your making stuff up...

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 pm
by Gadabout
before people get their knickers in a knot and start trashing the lack of activity here, I want to be clear that the site we're working on will not be a growing site... I did that for enough years to learn a few things. Growers are a very small demographic, and placing a heavy weight on anonymity and privacy makes it impossible to monetize the communities traffic. Overgrow, unarguably the largest pot growing site ever, couldn't manage to cover even half of its hosting costs with advertising and premium memberships. Planetganja bled money from the moment we went to a dedicated server and did so until its end. Success = Failure

Your members here are safe from poaching. The new site will not be called planetganja. However we are going to use the planetganja.com domain to drive hits and generate internet chatter.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:45 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Gadabout wrote:Your members here are safe from poaching.
The whole dozen? :smoke: :innocent:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:02 pm
by bentech
where do we send our thanks at being experimented on!??!?!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:29 am
by smokebreaks
I'm not worried, infact I welcome the return of planet ganja.

Topa wanted to let google and all the other search engines spider this site but considering the circumstances of people getting popped when this first came online I said no.

Well that and the fact that everybody whoever registers gets flamed by dumbass made me leery to do so.

But I really don't care if you want it, take it.

I call it quits tomorrow why wait til November 1?

How long until you take it down or say it's too expensive to keep online?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am
by dill786
i like THIS site. there arnt any other like it were you can chat about weed and politics and see big tits..

whats the problem !!?? :)

we could do with lots more members though...

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm
by roller24
Who is We?
However we are going to use the planetganja.com domain to drive hits and generate internet chatter.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 pm
by Mud Boy
Gadabout wrote:
Your members here are safe from poaching.
Thank you. I prefer to be sauteed in olive oil with some finely chopped onions and garlic. :smoke:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:38 pm
by Gadabout
bentech wrote:where do we send our thanks at being experimented on!??!?!
god I missed you little self entitled narcissists.

Smokes I don't want it... thanks for offering though. Like I said earlier, I'm done entertaining the grower scene. I don't have anything encouraging to say in regards to this site and you sound resigned to your fate. Frankly I'm surprised you kept it going as long as you did. Since the overhead for this site is most likely insignificant and from appearances there's no owner involvement... why not let it continue with the understanding that what it is and will always be? word of mouth is not enough and without SEO membership will remain static.

I hate to be the one to cry hypocrite, but you're questioning my fortitude while your previous sentence claims that you're shuttering the joint? I put my best years into nurturing and growing those communities... and no offense intended, but a lot more time, money, and effort than went into installing phpbb on mypg.

Roller "We" are a collection of three people. Myself and two others you don't know. A graphic artist who I've worked with forever, and a young lady who specializes in social media and promotion who's worked with me since 2010. She will be the face of the ownership and the one who interacts with the community. I'm excited by her plan and enthusiasm.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm
by bentech
Gadabout wrote: anonymity and privacy makes it impossible to monetize the communities traffic.

just curious, how much did you pay the workers who provided the CONTENT which drove ALL interest in the space between the stakes youd drive into a public resource as if to call it your own???

recall folks,
for decades after the civil war. carpetbaggers worked the former slaves. took their money in exchange for the promise that somewhere there was a white person who wasnt going to vote, but now would in direct accord with the wishes of the disenfranchised slaves who was purchasing the service which was standing in as close a proximity as possible for the right they had which wasnt being protected.

these interlopers made a profits off exploiting the tolerance of a social vile at the expense of a minorities basic right.

they though of themselves as beleagured for doing so, as they went

this is essential to comprehending why gad would think it perfectly appropriate to use the ill got knowledge of your your KNOWN interest in privacy and security,

to sell you products unrelated to the fulcrum which tossed YOUR MONEY into his hands without your ever agreeing to relinquish your property, your papers and effects, to him

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm
by smokebreaks
Sorry to disappoint but I use Siri and the speech to text doesn't always get the context correctly

What I meant to say was if you want it, you can have it and I can call it quits tomorrow as I am beyond the smoking growing scene and I obviously have other interests. Being a benefactor paying the bill for this is really a nominal charge so it can stay or it can go either way as it is really not a big deal. I think if it costs me $100.00 a year that's much but it is simply cheap because it's a value added service for additional hosting for some of my other interests.

Let's see, I can put time and energy into a site where antagonism reigns supreme or focus my efforts on other things that are far more lucrative and viable to my future?

I think that's a no brainer, apparently you do as well.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 pm
by Sun
>>> I put my best years into nurturing and growing those communities.

Plural...?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm
by Dick Hertz
Good luck Gad. You are doing it for the best reason of all, a chick.
Jaded as we are, I think we can all understand that.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:38 pm
by Mud Boy
A chick? I don't think so. It's all about $$$$$$$$$.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 am
by smokebreaks
Sun wrote:>>> I put my best years into nurturing and growing those communities.

Plural...?
Yes, he meant what he said, and it is plural.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:58 pm
by Sun
smokebreaks wrote:

Plural...?

You mean as in I was right all along.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm
by smokebreaks
Sun wrote:
smokebreaks wrote:

Plural...?

You mean as in I was right all along.
Actually, Not quite. But you're not all that far off. Seems there was a twist to that one that even you didn't see coming.

Kind of explains a lot but it's a legend of sorts that would even make your head explode.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:21 pm
by Sun
RC....?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm
by Sun
He's not RC, RC didn't have much personality in his post.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 pm
by Sun
To smart to be x3n0

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:26 pm
by Sun
To patient to be PoM
To American to be OP

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:28 pm
by Sun
I don't care if the topic of the new site is "how to be a better gay lover" I'm going to make it my new home.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:29 pm
by bentech
smokebreaks wrote:
Actually, Not quite. But you're not all that far off. Seems there was a twist to that one that even you didn't see coming.

which means,

"yes we lied and you discovered it. but we dont have to admit it until you can also reveal what we lied; not simply that we did"

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm
by smokebreaks
bentech wrote:
smokebreaks wrote:

which means,

"yes we lied and you discovered it. but we dont have to admit it until you can also reveal what we lied; not simply that we did"
Now you're just making stuff up... though that is an interesting defense and I'll hafta remember that for future use.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:22 pm
by bentech
mabe if youd though to get a lawyer you would be playing catch up...

"we are unable to provide a full explaination of the total collapse"
cathrine s feltcher, chief management and organaztional division, NIST
sept 27, 2007

specific objective of the NIST investigation
1. determine how and why wtc 1 and 2 collapsed.

ncstar pg1 xxix

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:34 pm
by smokebreaks
More senseless ramblings.

Just once I wish we could have a conversation where you didn't go all conspiracy theory on us.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:50 pm
by bentech
wow,
the only step left down the ladder would be to tell em I made you do it...

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:19 pm
by bentech
and right after we get hemp all legal,
we will get around to freeing the slaves right???

The Dystopian Digital Sweatshop That Makes the Internet Run
Meet the workers making $1.20 an hour "microtasking" for billion-dollar brands like Microsoft and Amazon--right here in the US.
September 11, 2012

http://www.alternet.org/labor/dystopian ... paging=off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm
by smokebreaks
One fight at a time Ben.

I've been bitching about H1B1 visas for eons.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:35 pm
by bentech
bitching for more or less of them?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm
by smokebreaks
I'm not a fan of worker exploitation but that's a discussion for a different thread.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:34 pm
by bentech
a web interest can change the word 'externality' to that which a traditionally educated economist can live with...

heh

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:38 pm
by Dick Hertz
I can't see any pot site recapturing what we were fortunate enough to be part of and I certainly don't think there is any money to be made from one in the current political climate. But I have been wrong before.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 pm
by MadMoonMan
Good thing I'm not a moderator I'd tank this whole thread.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm
by MadMoonMan
For those in the don't know

the tank is the best

who else has it?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:48 pm
by MadMoonMan
turn on your blinders now.. DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT PUT ON YOUR STUPID BLINDERS TO PROTECT YOU FROM BEING INSULTED BY REALITY

a young 19 or 20 year old thug in skinny blue legged pants swaggers boldly in the street.

a large groupe of children are shown running toward a camera with a little fire smoking in middle of street its all faked for the cameras. its all lies....

on the right side of the mob//// of children running toward the camera is one little 10 or 12 year boy in the lead riding a bicycle. Too bad our kids would be so politically involved?

add uploaded pic here:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:00 pm
by MadMoonMan
ITS ALL FAKED LIES AND PROPAGANDA

Holds nose .. p.U > is that a burning tire.. gag..gag kill us with toxic fumes ? shoot me first. Death before black carbon smoke suffocating my lungs slowly.. 17 or 21 minutes to die or slowly over like 30 years. die an old hag coughing spittle cuff barely .. cuff. sits on side of road munching her doritos.

except in the tank where there is no censorship and maybe truth can be told

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:04 pm
by MadMoonMan
thats some real bad ass al quaida dudes there.. they mobile

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 pm
by MadMoonMan
throws out some frosted cheerios by the handfuls....

Ok don't smile or look at the camera be earnest in you endeavor ... focus.. focus... cut

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm
by MadMoonMan
*** We did not buy any bi cycles for any undernourished and impoverished Palenstinian chilren to make this picture. Thats probably (our dectective is looking into it for marketing and copyright issues whether he can keep it since it may now be an icon.)

Originally, it was his bicycle and he was very proud of it and rightly so but since we bought all rights and he sold them to us for a monetary value we now should own the bi cycle to.

Our lawwers are looking into it.

DISPUTE UNRESOLVED

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
So, the IMPORTANT question:

Is there going to be a Shark Tank?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm
by MadMoonMan
I mean hey man! If you were in charge of a multi million dollar company and you could do any shit you wanted in the world .. even fuck with dumbass and tweek his black monkey ears like flip one just to tease his pussy ass? ok yeah.. my friend did .. \

anyway, point is .

Would you steal a kids bicyle just to be mean and self centered and a cold hearted bastard inside?

And sleep soundly at night look at your self in the mirror in the morning and wonder if and when you will ever get the stopped up toilet problem fixed.

smell of sulphur and burning hell fire permeates the air.

oh wait .. its just the toilet bubbling around...

FIRE! IN! THE HOLE!

nothing happens or blows up after 30 seconds

nvm sorry

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:34 pm
by MadMoonMan
What the fuck? shit Man?

( see you can only say that in tank)

um.. uh .. oh! "There's some motherfuckers there in the background holding people back"
(this is a micro scopic view of quantuam theory regarding mob actions but I see a him saying ... "you pay me 5 us dollars we let you in and you get your picture taken.. 5 US dollah gets you in..!"

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 pm
by MadMoonMan
Just one example of many many many

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:00 pm
by bentech
your not getting very sleepy, are you?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:39 pm
by MadMoonMan
yes yessss yESSS my eyesss are getting sleepy

very very very sleepy.
you will remember nothing I tell you from here
.... to here.

code 4

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:40 pm
by MadMoonMan
What 4 murdered whores are you talking about?

Whoa.. I'm glad I don't have a cement basement recently dug up to have to answer that one.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm
by MadMoonMan
Maybe its time we arm the niggers?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 pm
by MadMoonMan
ok sorry, i forgot we did that already sorry,, my slap head..

smack

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:06 pm
by MadMoonMan
i got this physics kinda thing in my mind where.

cracker + nigger = graham crackers

its not race or classes

its truth being argued

Freedom

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:33 pm
by bentech
you know that
graham crackers were invented by a crazy stupid white preachers
who thinking to to stop boys masturbating
figured a snack with enough salt peter would serve the lord interest

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 pm
by bentech
The Graham cracker was originally conceived of as a health food as part of the Graham Diet, a regimen to suppress what he considered unhealthy carnal urges, the source of many maladies according to Graham. Reverend Graham would often lecture on "self-abuse" as masturbation was commonly called at the time.[1] One of his many theories was that one could curb one's sexual appetite by eating bland foods. Another man who held this belief was Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of the corn flakes cereal.[2]

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13 am
by mpgAdmin
man. do not start fucking with graham crackers some things are sacred man. time to fly lost boy! time to fly.

what would happen if we took all of our collective talents and um....

told "the man" to take a flyin' leap?

how about if we became the high flyin' renegades, overgrowing the government and making shit happen? i mean things beyond google rankings.

how about?

are you fucks up for it?

ps i found your marbles. unfortunately there's a hole in the bag.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:41 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
mpgAdmin wrote:how about if we became the high flyin' renegades, overgrowing the government and making shit happen? i mean things beyond google rankings.
1968 called, but I said you were out to lunch. :smoke:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:53 pm
by bentech
speak for yourself...

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:15 pm
by mpgAdmin
A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
mpgAdmin wrote:how about if we became the high flyin' renegades, overgrowing the government and making shit happen? i mean things beyond google rankings.
1968 called, but I said you were out to lunch. :smoke:

actually i was at the funeral of my illusions and dreams about underdog hero's. it was a closed casket.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 pm
by Dick Hertz
No! Not sweet Polly Purebread? Say it aint so!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:03 pm
by bentech
molly,
molly purebread

once removed from the mccoys

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:52 pm
by mpgAdmin
i was more a fan of polly pepper myself.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 pm
by bentech
all of which drags us further from the fact that gad,
overwhelmed with what he was doing

threw away more resources than he ever brought to the table

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:46 am
by bentech
oh and lest we forget,

this free shores have attracked some of the most despicable cretin the english language has every had to endure

nate 505
samuraiX
uncle ben

not to mention the shit for brains formerly known as a planes exhaust

you could have paid this sites tab in perpetuity by simply giving up what sites these folks clicked to after talking shit here

you think they didnt?

what are the chances they would even know if they had???

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:10 pm
by dill786
bentech wrote:
this free shores have attracked some of the most despicable cretin the english language has every had to endure

LOL..

thanks ben that made me laugh.. :mrgreen:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:30 pm
by dill786
so what happened to uncle ben !!??

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm
by bentech
his welfare checks dried up

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:18 pm
by bentech
strange fruit indeed

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:49 pm
by Sun
He's just like you Ben, he goes to the extrem to make his points, so set in his ways his bias blinds him.....90% of the things he called rocket fuel was, he just didn't understand horticulture and chemistry enough to express his thoughts over a message board, kind of like how you don't understand economic theory good enough to be political giant...I think both of you have much to offer if you can learn to disciple your ramblings.

I still don't think Ben understands why NPK ratios tell so little about the food your using.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 am
by bentech
lets be clear

the federal government spend billions of dollars over decades of involvement
crafting the works and phrase that piece of shit slathered us with ditos of

me noticing and calling a few stellar examples of this does in no way shape or form constitute an equal and opposing fact

to the billions of dollars an evil government said shape and form have invested in preventing it subject from the fact its compeling documents lay claim for

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 am
by Mothers Penis
I for one am surely glad to see Gad up and kicking ... wasup man ? been a long time .... so do you plan on posting on your new forum or stay in the behind the scene closet ?..

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:25 am
by ~Burnt-Bottom~
the only good Gad is a dead one............... :howyoudoin:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 am
by Intrinsic
smokebreaks wrote: Topa wanted to let google and all the other search engines spider this site but considering the circumstances of people getting popped when this first came online I said no.
I always regard this a great decision. Ironically it is the biggest selling point for this pot site …
To quote UB “ less is more” :mrgreen:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:33 pm
by bentech
give the western worlds stuck it head in the shitter for nearly a decade now
its obvious there is no market for such hallmarks of freedom and justice

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:53 pm
by bentech
doesnt it sickin you to notice that the general state has become a subculture in a few odd decades?

whats been done to us isnt history so mach as
illustrative of what being done
what on the board
what plans are being furthered

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:43 pm
by Intrinsic
“see i always thought that the biggest selling point for this place was the lively, mostly, uncensored discussions, political debates and tom foolery.”
Yeah, besides that. Or I mean because of it that is. Being the "dirtiest little secret on the internet" after all :mrgreen:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm
by Smooty(ADMIN)
There is tom follary here?
Really?
Just cant find her in the members listing. (cause the search members list “feature” is broken per usual)

tom follary? I just don’t see it. :whistle:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm
by bentech
admitting your a tom

is the first step in recovery
from the affliction

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 am
by bentech
asked and answered

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 pm
by jesus
BlinDeye3 wrote:
hey. you have to give him his due dude. he did give a lot. his failing i guess was letting it slip out of his grasp... who was to tell that it was not just his bubble that burst. and then we all have to wonder about back ups... was it just a snafu or what... i guess maybe its a case, with pg of those who do not know history, are doomed to repeat it. countless hours, words, and relevant content suddenly, irretreviably lost... of course the risks were always great considering the sponsers with og, but with pg... iono unless gad was feeling exposed. i know i had been that same period of time when jesus threatened to out my rl name.... i deleted from pg, and next thing i knew pg was gone. it was very weird. oh and btw i deleted because the little cocksucker was threatening to use my idendity to create a crisis about the security of pg. i was going through a hell of a lot right then so i figured if i just deleted from there then it would save a big old hassle. my name has been out there for a while, and u know what? i'm not ashamed of being a pot activist or owning sites that encourage legalization. but i wasn't up for the drama that the motherfucker was trying to conjur, since i was dealing with a sick parent. so fuck you jesus very much.
Ya you can take care of a parent but not your kid. I'm sure everyone believes that.

Fuck you first.

Gad just repeated everything he said about PG re his new site. Another crock of shit.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm
by jesus
Oh and quit playing with my account.

myPlanetGanja topaztic@yahoo.com
1:37 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
Hello jesus,

You have been added as a User to myPlanetGanja by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://myplanetganja.com/salon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Username: jesus
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Good God, you used a REAL e-mail address to register here?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm
by bentech
it came with the false flag aggitator grab bag...

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 pm
by jesus
A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:Good God, you used a REAL e-mail address to register here?
Ya because with the govt turning on webcams, cellphone mic's and cams...even with the phone off, and running all phone and internet traffic through secret rooms at AT&T the only thing missing from their arsenal is your email address.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
jesus wrote:Ya because with the govt turning on webcams, cellphone mic's and cams...even with the phone off, and running all phone and internet traffic through secret rooms at AT&T the only thing missing from their arsenal is your email address.
Not really what I meant.... I just assumed everyone made one up just because they never used a real address for anything that wasn't vitally important.

I know I do.

Anyway, you appear to be paranoid. :smooch:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 am
by jesus
jesus wrote:Ya because with the govt turning on webcams, cellphone mic's and cams...even with the phone off, and running all phone and internet traffic through secret rooms at AT&T the only thing missing from their arsenal is your email address.
Not really what I meant.... I just assumed everyone made one up just because they never used a real address for anything that wasn't vitally important.

I know I do.

Anyway, you appear to be paranoid. :smooch:
Well that's a nice contradiction between me being paranoid and you being too paranoid to use a real email address but...

December 1, 2006 2:20 PM PST
FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool

By Declan McCullagh and Anne Broache
Staff Writers, CNET News
Last modified: December 1, 2006 6:35 PM PST

The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.

Nextel cell phones owned by two alleged mobsters, John Ardito and his attorney Peter Peluso, were used by the FBI to listen in on nearby conversations. The FBI views Ardito as one of the most powerful men in the Genovese family, a major part of the national Mafia.

The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.

Want stories for the at&t room? You appear to be lazy.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 am
by bentech
lets them record thousands and thousands of audio's a day as a subject moves around.
doesnt matter if your on your phone or its in your pocket or backpack
if theyre man passed within 50 feet of your location
your phone was their ears

be sure to smile

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:11 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
jesus wrote:Well that's a nice contradiction between me being paranoid and you being too paranoid to use a real email address but...
Not paranoid, I just hate spam.
You appear to be lazy.
I am. Very.

I don't see any reference there to the phone "not being turned on".

Anyway... back to the main story.
It's November the first....... is planetganja.com up yet?

(I'll give you a clue, the answer is not "yes")

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 am
by deran
welcome to part 2 :

gad vs money !

i dont have the words to express how i feel about this "new plan" ...

but to clear facts first - lets take a look at following premise

inet - a place to make money - seriously gad - if real life aint for your (in terms of making money) - dont expect to make money online on the cost of a community

dont start something new - until youve successfully finsihed your projects (no finishing and no success btw with your previous "adventures")

disgusting - such a hipocricy

to be polite : fuck off gad and your new site !

:)

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 am
by jesus
A Bloke Down The Pub wrote: I don't see any reference there to the phone "not being turned on".

Anyway... back to the main story.
It's November the first....... is planetganja.com up yet?

(I'll give you a clue, the answer is not "yes")
Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.

Yes you are lazy, I didnt paste the whole article. And some phones you cant remove the battery! Sucks to be an iphone user.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm
by mpgAdmin
jesus wrote:Oh and quit playing with my account.

myPlanetGanja topaztic@yahoo.com
1:37 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
Hello jesus,

You have been added as a User to myPlanetGanja by an Administrator.

This email contains your username and password to log in to http://myplanetganja.com/salon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Username: jesus
Password:

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only

if i was really gonna fuck with your account, do you really think that i would send u an email about it? :roflmao:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm
by Maribou Stork
So I take it then that Gad was pulling our leg? What a card. :roflmao:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Well, it's at least a day late.... also a dollar short?

Probably the USB cable?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 am
by Hacks
What kind of hits would driven by an association to a moribund pot growing site? I suppose when it comes to monetizing hits there are no robust qualitative empirical data beyond click throughs. I'll visit the new site I suppose and see. I'm not expecting much that will interest me.

~G, at least one of your big wild ass guesses back at PG was correct and caused some unease. But most were off by miles.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:46 am
by Sun
Guess..?...he proved to me at the vB site that he could edit Shabangs post at the vB forum. So either Gad was working with ~S or they were the same person.

I was at rollers tank when there was just, Salts, PE, KK, Roller, Shabang, Prawn and myself talking in chat every night. I've seen it all play out from the beginning, From Rollers PG to x3n0's MGG, back to Gads PG, and now this dump. Sure I've been fooled a few times and problely a few times I don't know about but one thing is for sure is any guess I've taken wasn't wild ass, it was an educated guess.

The only thing I can't figure out is what handle x3n0 is posting under.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 pm
by Hacks
Total Gad, setting himself a completely unnecessary arbitrary deadline, broadcasting it and then failing to meet it.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 pm
by bentech
like clockwork

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:07 pm
by nobodyknew
Gad is back... :facepalm:
Why?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 am
by mpgAdmin
Sun wrote:Guess..?...he proved to me at the vB site that he could edit Shabangs post at the vB forum. So either Gad was working with ~S or they were the same person.

I was at rollers tank when there was just, Salts, PE, KK, Roller, Shabang, Prawn and myself talking in chat every night. I've seen it all play out from the beginning, From Rollers PG to x3n0's MGG, back to Gads PG, and now this dump. Sure I've been fooled a few times and problely a few times I don't know about but one thing is for sure is any guess I've taken wasn't wild ass, it was an educated guess.

The only thing I can't figure out is what handle x3n0 is posting under.
or he used an admin privilege to edit ~s post. not saying you are right or wrong, but educated guesses are best made by educated people.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 am
by Sun
Than just remember that if you can ever figure out how to get this site active it will be an uneducated man who knocks it right the fuck back down.

Thanks for that info Jesus, I'll make you proud.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm
by Hacks
Coming Nov 1, 2012
:roflmao:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 pm
by bentech
noticed how anyone who thinks they will save the nation
gets extra credit at the bank?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:20 am
by Sun
I take the drain cover off now. Everyone has dropped one in the shower, I'm just honest enough to admit it.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:30 am
by Oldjoints
nobodyknew wrote:Gad is back... :facepalm:
Why?
Whats a Gad?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 am
by Oldjoints
Oldjoints wrote:Whats a Gad?
Never mind i googled it:

gad·a·bout
   [gad-uh-bout]

noun
a person who moves about restlessly or aimlessly, especially from one social activity to another.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 pm
by Sun
BlinDeye3 wrote:
Sun wrote:I take the drain cover off now. Everyone has dropped one in the shower, I'm just honest enough to admit it.
not after the age of 3 they haven't. not surprisingly you seem to have mixed up taking a shit in the shower with masturbation.

For me shitting in the shower is part of my masturbating ritual....don't knock it till you try it.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm
by smokebreaks
^^you seriously need help.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 pm
by Sun
No thanks, your fingers are to big to stimulate my anus just the way I like.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm
by Sun
When's the last time you've even had sex with your wife, smokebreaks...?
Bet it's been years.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:13 pm
by Sun
No different than all the guys that blast their loads all over the shower....trust me you've showered in showers that have been shit in and jizzed all over in.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 am
by Sun
Bloke me and I win.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:30 am
by Sun
Well if I've broke a rule what's stopping you..?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:59 am
by Sun
Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Good thing your power is only over a dead website.

Do it you rusty cunt, life will go on just fine for me.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:37 pm
by Sun
...and I ate peanuts last night, should be crunchy!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm
by bentech
booker t washington was a house negro!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm
by bentech
watch the first installment of the new oliver stone us history series...

jeez...
they praised that fucking tom
forgot to mention we cut off japanese oil NOT because it invaded china and the southeast nation,

nope,
we cut em off because they wouldnt open china to our markets
EVEN THOUGH,
as the japanese repeated infatically

"but but but... WE respected YOUR manifest destiny in the americas!!!"

we didnt give a damn about them raping nankin,
we were pissed we couldnt sell the survivors all the new stuff they would need to rebuild after the war machine we had created in japan went at em

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:38 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Is it November 1st yet? :roll:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:02 am
by twilson
A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:Is it November 1st yet? :roll:
I wish. We are just starting the ugliest weather of the year here in NY.

God I hate summer.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:44 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
twilson wrote:God I hate summer.
Come to Wales, laddie. :)

We have cool sea breezes and some nice empty beaches. ;)

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:57 am
by dill786
hey bloke..

do you have a metal detector.. i am thinking plenty of loose change on the beach....

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 am
by bentech
those are icecubes

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm
by twilson
twilson wrote:God I hate summer.
Come to Wales, laddie. :)

We have cool sea breezes and some nice empty beaches. ;)

Ah the land that gave us the REAL Dylan . Not that phony Bob.

Well I've always believed in raging against the dying of the light.

I hear it's real nice at Christmas too if you're a child.

I wanna move into a tiny trailer on wheels at the very top of Maine right on the border with Canada. One that's small enough for me to push north.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm
by bubbabush
Already Fire season here in Northern California. We only really have 2 seasons, Fire & Water. This year's Water was a bust, so Fire's getting a head start. I'm hoping to spend quite a bit of Fire over on the coast this year; probably a lot like Wales coast weather there: 46 low every night 63 high every day on the beach.

~O~

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:38 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
bubbabush wrote:.... 46 low every night 63 high every day on the beach.
Well, we actually had temperatures over 16C last week! (errrr.. about 64F?)

Sea temperature is still around 10C though... bracing! :arse:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 pm
by bentech
brisk!!!!!!!!!!!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:11 pm
by Jesús Malverde
When the statute of limitations runs out can I lay the whole thing out here, ~Shabang, Gadabout, PoM, the OG server, the PG server, real names and what really happened? That's what, two more years or so since Gad pulled the PG plug?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Jesús Malverde wrote:When the statute of limitations runs out can I lay the whole thing out
I dunno, I might prefer to wait for the movie. :stinkeye:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:32 pm
by Mud Boy
Jesús Malverde wrote:When the statute of limitations runs out can I lay the whole thing out
I dunno, I might prefer to wait for the movie. :stinkeye:
With Tor Johnson as Gypsy Nirvana. :roflmao:
tor johnson.jpeg
tor johnson.jpeg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:02 pm
by bubbabush
bubbabush wrote:.... 46 low every night 63 high every day on the beach.
Well, we actually had temperatures over 16C last week! (errrr.. about 64F?)

Sea temperature is still around 10C though... bracing! :arse:
Heat wave eh? My local trout stream is 40 degree tailwater out of the bottom of a 500ft dam. That shit'll turn your giblets into a blue acorn sized skin-tag.

~O~

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:31 am
by EthicalGrower
Jesús Malverde wrote:When the statute of limitations runs out can I lay the whole thing out here, ~Shabang, Gadabout, PoM, the OG server, the PG server, real names and what really happened? That's what, two more years or so since Gad pulled the PG plug?
narcissism still runs rampant in this community after all these years? You're a fool and your boasting makes you look like a clown. If you had one stitch of the info you claimed, you would have posted it years ago.

You don't know my real name... nobody here does. Do you really think I gave Gypsy, PoM, Hratch, Prawn, or anyone else for that matter my real info?

The OG server and db were wiped. Only the domain was seized. Multiple copies of the site still exist from 2002 prior to hratch's theft.

On the PG server... Only myself, my lawyer, and one other party know what really happened there.

It's pretty lame that you need to artificially inflate your fragile ego by claiming to have imaginary insider information that we both know you don't. The only thing anyone on these pot sites know is what I wanted them to know.

Jackass

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am
by bentech
why do you want us to know anything?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm
by Jesús Malverde
It worked. Good.

Yoink.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 am
by Jesús Malverde
:smoke:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:36 am
by Mrs Fly
Ah Gad, if only you were as perceptive with people as you are with coding....we all know how great the children of absent fathers turn out to be (or mothers, just using guys as my example as Gad allegedly was one)

I don't think you wanted to see the good bits of PG at the end, it was certainly clear to most of us the apathy you held towards PG a few years before you closed it down. In retrospect, you were hoping after OG's demise that PG would rise to fill the void, but it didn't, and petty fighting ensued.

I hold no blame for you shutting the site if it was a security risk, though you elude earlier in this thread that was not the case, and I can only surmise the reasons. I WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED SOME WARNING THOUGH, so I could at least clear my shit of my locker (so to speak)

Prawn had the passion, you had the coding skill, and I now understand the pseudo-coup at the end where Prawn was ousted so you could take full control of the site and thus be able to shut it down. I feel bad and I betrayed Prawn and Smokebreaks to side with you, at the time I thought I was siding with the site as an entity rather than individuals. Oh how wrong I was.

Do you know how many hours I spent working on your Knowledgebase trying to get it up and running? And I have to guess for all the time I sat doing that you had already formulted your plan of termination.

Your methods suck. Your generalisations about the members of this and past PG are entirely wrong, not everyone on the site was ~Guano~ and some of us believed in the site. So thanks for duping me and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Don't bother advertising your future endevours here, it's rather disingenuous at best, otherwise it kinda looks like you weren't any better able to move on that the rest of us, otherwise why are you even here?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:20 pm
by smokebreaks
Oh fuck him and his ego.

Good to see you Mrs Fly

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:28 pm
by Earl
Well, I guess we know what Gad's up to. :arse:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:47 pm
by Mud Boy
So he took his toys and went home. Who fucking cares. I can't believe the bloated and completely fragile egos in this business. :fubird:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:29 am
by Mrs Fly
smokebreaks wrote:Oh fuck him and his ego.

Good to see you Mrs Fly

And you Smokes :fly: It's been a while eh?

K
-x-

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 am
by Prawn Connery
EthicalGrower wrote:narcissism still runs rampant in this community after all these years? You're a fool and your boasting makes you look like a clown. If you had one stitch of the info you claimed, you would have posted it years ago.

You don't know my real name... nobody here does. Do you really think I gave Gypsy, PoM, Hratch, Prawn, or anyone else for that matter my real info?

The OG server and db were wiped. Only the domain was seized. Multiple copies of the site still exist from 2002 prior to hratch's theft.

On the PG server... Only myself, my lawyer, and one other party know what really happened there.

It's pretty lame that you need to artificially inflate your fragile ego by claiming to have imaginary insider information that we both know you don't. The only thing anyone on these pot sites know is what I wanted them to know.

Jackass
Well <insertrealnamehere> you and I both know that's not entirely true. But I'm not a malevolent person, so excuse me if I haven't been stalking you lately . . .

Yes, I got your LinkedIn invite last year - even though I don't have an account with them (they obviously created one from my public profile - it's not as if my real name isn't all over the internet) - but you'll forgive me if I'm in no hurry to join your next little venture.

It's not that I'm dirty on you or anything - we both know why you pulled the plug on PG - but I've simply moved on.

I don't think you're such a bad guy, either. In fact, I know you're quite an altruistic guy deep down (even if that altruism extends to looking after yourself . . .). But you're also human - like the rest of us - and subject to the same failings you often accuse others of. That's not a criticism, just a simple fact.

I think we all got caught up in the moment - probably paid a bit too much attention to our online alter egos ("ego" being the operative word) - but the flip side is real life has been so much more rewarding than playing internet nasties that I haven't missed it that much.

I will admit to being a bit depressed over the whole thing - especially the circumstances of PG's demise - but it was probably a blessing in disguise. I'm sure you feel the same.

As you, yourself, once said: "It's been a slice!" But hey, we all have to grow up sometime and start prioritising our lives. It's good to have a creative outlet, but it shouldn't border on the obsessive. Not unless you can make a living out of it at the same time . . .

I would like to thank smokes and roller for their ongoing support of this little rag-tag internet outpost. Again, I think most of us here are decent people - despite our somewhat bullying online personas - and they've put their money where their collective mouths are. A bit like you, too, <insertrealnamehere>. And me (hey, time's money . . .)

To everyone else, I'm sorry things didn't turn out differently. I know it's an obvious thing to say, but I never forgot it was the members who made the venture, and I still think we had one of the coolest canna sites out there with some of the most intelligent and entertaining members of any board. Like attracts like (there goes my alter ego again . . .) and I'd like think many of us would have been great friends in real life had we all lived a bit closer to one another. In fact, I've made a couple of very good real-life friends out of PG who I still see today.

I'm still growing - probably smoking a little less these days - and have just started re-posting over at rollitup (if anyone's interested), so happy to help out on the cultivation side of things if anyone ever has any queries. I've learned a lot, and think it's shame not to pass on a bit of knowledge.

Other than that, life just goes on . . .

I think this is still my all-time favourite smilie > :emp:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 am
by Prawn Connery
LOL! Double post. I tell you what, <insertrealnamehere>, there was no doubting your coding skills (sorry roller). Bloody internal server errors . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 am
by Earl
I enjoyed and miss PG and OG--I enjoyed and miss my old friends...

Let us pause in life's pleasures and count its many tears,
While we all sup sorrow with the poor;
There's a song that will linger forever in our ears;
Oh hard times come again no more.
Chorus:
Tis the song, the sigh of the weary,
Hard Times, hard times, come again no more
Many days you have lingered around my cabin door;

While we seek mirth and beauty and music light and gay,
There are frail forms fainting at the door;
Though their voices are silent, their pleading looks will say
Chorus

There's a pale drooping maiden who toils her life away,
With a worn heart whose better days are o'er:
Though her voice would be merry, 'tis sighing all the day,
Chorus

Tis a sigh that is wafted across the troubled wave,
Tis a wail that is heard upon the shore
Tis a dirge that is murmured around the lowly grave
Chorus

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:35 pm
by mpgAdmin
Mrs Fly wrote:Ah Gad, if only you were as perceptive with people as you are with coding....we all know how great the children of absent fathers turn out to be (or mothers, just using guys as my example as Gad allegedly was one)

I don't think you wanted to see the good bits of PG at the end, it was certainly clear to most of us the apathy you held towards PG a few years before you closed it down. In retrospect, you were hoping after OG's demise that PG would rise to fill the void, but it didn't, and petty fighting ensued.

I hold no blame for you shutting the site if it was a security risk, though you elude earlier in this thread that was not the case, and I can only surmise the reasons. I WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED SOME WARNING THOUGH, so I could at least clear my shit of my locker (so to speak)

Prawn had the passion, you had the coding skill, and I now understand the pseudo-coup at the end where Prawn was ousted so you could take full control of the site and thus be able to shut it down. I feel bad and I betrayed Prawn and Smokebreaks to side with you, at the time I thought I was siding with the site as an entity rather than individuals. Oh how wrong I was.

Do you know how many hours I spent working on your Knowledgebase trying to get it up and running? And I have to guess for all the time I sat doing that you had already formulted your plan of termination.
i also sided with gad over prawn and smokes. i took our responsibilites to the site pretty seriously, and thought it was best for the site as well. Aside from Gad's talent, i really didn't like the direction prawn was going in at all at the end and i sure as hell didn't like smokebreaks editing people's posts or linking to grandpa porn with jumping screens and andy griffith theme songs. back then gad seemed like the more solid, reasonable, responsible and fair player to me.

there was a rumor at the beginning that the gad posted that his business partner had pulled the plug on pg while he was on vacation. one of the other canna sites, so for a bit i thought maybe what happened was just a sad coincidence. always wondered about the business partner though. if it was someone we know.

truth be told by the end of pg, i was burned out by the petty nature and was dealing with a great deal myself, and while it saddened me, it was a bit of a relief truth be told, to not have to deal with the shit anymore. ,

fast foward here. i don't do much around here truth be told except play with shit and try to keep it running. the only reason i said i'd help in the first place is because aside from smokes and i patching up our differences, i didn't envision most of us would fit in on other pot sites like we would here. That, and now smokes and i have an agreement, he won't edit any posts, and i won't change any avatars :whistle:

anyway fly, its very good to see you :hug:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:09 pm
by Mud Boy
I don't have anywhere else to go. Nobody else will put up with my shit. :facepalm:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:02 pm
by Jesús Malverde
I'm glad you popped in Prawn, and yes I pretty much agree with all the above. Gad's a good and obviously talented guy but with a shall we say mercurial temperment, and as such too tempting not to troll on occasion :whistle: I think I even took his side in the free for all vs. managed craziness schism towards the end. Sorry about that Prawn, I was weak and let the trollers get to me. Remember when I renamed the Mods' lounge "~Shabang's Secret Lair" or something similar and posted the screenshot? :mrgreen: Got quite the PM for that! :roflmao: Yes, Gad we figured out who you were waaaaaaaay back when, but didn't tell or make any fuss about it. And, trolling for laffs aside, won't.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am
by Prawn Connery
mpgAdmin wrote:i also sided with gad over prawn and smokes. i took our responsibilites to the site pretty seriously, and thought it was best for the site as well. Aside from Gad's talent, i really didn't like the direction prawn was going in at all at the end and i sure as hell didn't like smokebreaks editing people's posts or linking to grandpa porn with jumping screens and andy griffith theme songs. back then gad seemed like the more solid, reasonable, responsible and fair player to me.

Aw, now my feelings are hurt :winky:

You guys weren't to know any better, because you weren't privy to all that was going on behind the scenes. Who knows how PG would have turned out if Gad had kept his word to hand over the site so we could try to make something of it and help pay for itself. Maybe I would have fucked it completely - we'll never know.

But without taking anything away from Gad - and I mean that sincerely - you forgot who built this place. I'm not talking about the coding and back-end of the deal (and paying the bills - I gave Gad some money, but it was a fraction of what he put in), but everything you saw: the layout, the forums, the TOU, the day-to-day running of the place, filling the grow forums and helping people out. That's why Gad asked me to join him - because we complimented each other and had a similar vision for what we wanted to create. Not the same vision, mind you, but for the most part - and for a long time - we were on the same page.

I'm not trying to blow my own horn, and as I said, I take nothing away from Gad - PG was his idea and his baby. But then he also knew he had serious trust issues - who would want to join a site built by EthicalGrower? So again, that's where I came in. I fought the fucker as hard as anyone else in the Shark Tank - ironically that's what brought us together - and while I'm no Shirley Temple myself, back then people trusted me to run PG, not Gad. The EthicalGrower persona plagued us all through PG's life - it kept a lot of people away and took a lot of time and effort to win people over. Of course, my laissez faire attitude towards modding also kept people away, but that was one of the principles of PG: free speech and enjoyment - admittedly at other people's expense some times.

I made my fair share of fuck-ups and I didn't handle the POM well at all - that hurt us - but it was part of a (misguided) attempt to build the site and bring in the punters. I got played, but I wasn't the only one . . .

mpgAdmin wrote:there was a rumor at the beginning that the gad posted that his business partner had pulled the plug on pg while he was on vacation. one of the other canna sites, so for a bit i thought maybe what happened was just a sad coincidence. always wondered about the business partner though. if it was someone we know.
It wasn't a rumour - that's what Gad claimed. That his "business partner" had stolen the server to recoup a debt and wasn't aware PG was on it.

Did I believe it? Nah. Did I play along? Yes. Was I in denial? Yes. Knowing what we all know now, I'm sure you can all guess what happened . . . After all, how many times had Gad threatened to take his ball home throughout PG's life? It was a constant threat, and at times wielded like a stick over all of us - especially me.

But like roller, it was all a bit of a relief for both of us (Gad and myself) in the end. Sad, but a lot less stress . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:56 am
by bentech
+1 madmoonman...

you sure got this right!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:02 am
by bentech
gad quit talking to me a year before anyone of you elses issues

i told him that just because he happened to privated own and administer this space
just administration of public resources wouldnt allow him into the space

true
we dont have just administration

but just because youve found a place to squat
is no good reason to abuse those subject to you in the while

and they called me clueless..

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:43 am
by mpgAdmin
Prawn Connery wrote:
mpgAdmin wrote:i also sided with gad over prawn and smokes. i took our responsibilites to the site pretty seriously, and thought it was best for the site as well. Aside from Gad's talent, i really didn't like the direction prawn was going in at all at the end and i sure as hell didn't like smokebreaks editing people's posts or linking to grandpa porn with jumping screens and andy griffith theme songs. back then gad seemed like the more solid, reasonable, responsible and fair player to me.

Aw, now my feelings are hurt :winky:

You guys weren't to know any better, because you weren't privy to all that was going on behind the scenes. Who knows how PG would have turned out if Gad had kept his word to hand over the site so we could try to make something of it and help pay for itself. Maybe I would have fucked it completely - we'll never know.
sorry but i didn't want to be another seed site. i suggested several times that y'all pursue more impartial kinds of backing and advertising but was ignored. and really, commercial ventures are usually just masks for vultures anyway. activism, free speech and politics gets thrown to the wolves because well the emphasis is on selling a product. og tried to mesh the two and look how that turned out. mainly because the people involved are willing to sell each other, and the movement for a quick buck or to make a living soley off the black market.
But without taking anything away from Gad - and I mean that sincerely - you forgot who built this place.
cough. really? i mean really prawn. after your comments about gad's ego. i forget nothing. n.o.t.h.i.n.g.

I'm not talking about the coding and back-end of the deal (and paying the bills - I gave Gad some money, but it was a fraction of what he put in), but everything you saw: the layout, the forums, the TOU, the day-to-day running of the place, filling the grow forums and helping people out. That's why Gad asked me to join him - because we complimented each other and had a similar vision for what we wanted to create. Not the same vision, mind you, but for the most part - and for a long time - we were on the same page. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, and as I said, I take nothing away from Gad -
funny. i felt the same way for a long time as well. that we all wanted the same thing. right up until the time you decided your input was more valuable than anyone elses and you were opting for what i'd call, becoming another seed site. which frankly, was of no interest to me. actually if you want to know the truth, i was kind of disappointed that you'd even take it there. especially after all the bs we had all been there for. for myself and the others "not in the know" as you so aptly put it, none of us i don't think were in it for anything other than to spread the word about cannabis and promote legalization. the money? the time? the effort? if we could make a difference, help people understand not only growing but the politics of prohibition... A LOT OF PEOPLE grew that site. you were ONE of them. I was one of them, Roller was one of them, Gad was one of them. and many others along the way. several of which still frequent this quaint little site right here. :D and no, you aren't taking away from gad. gad is quite talented in that department on his own. sadly, because as i said its like looking at the ghosts of what you wish people might have been for me.
PG was his idea and his baby. But then he also knew he had serious trust issues - who would want to join a site built by EthicalGrower?
i guess those that didn't believe in the seed auctions to begin with? if i remember thats a whole lot of eg's cred in the first place. exposing that shit. but maybe i'm wrong. maybe somebody else would like to correct my recollections?

So again, that's where I came in. I fought the fucker as hard as anyone else in the Shark Tank - ironically that's what brought us together - and while I'm no Shirley Temple myself, back then people trusted me to run PG, not Gad. The EthicalGrower persona plagued us all through PG's life - it kept a lot of people away and took a lot of time and effort to win people over. Of course, my laissez faire attitude towards modding also kept people away, but that was one of the principles of PG: free speech and enjoyment - admittedly at other people's expense some times.
eg and ~s were the real draw prawn. you were popular and people liked you, i like you but just as many if not more were here because they liked gad. but not to detract from your input, it went to your head - for that period even worse than it did gad's. sorry bud, but it did. the true draw of pg, and even og pre take over was free speech, but also transparency and even handedness. and pg for a while, other than the Den Acitvist cronyism bullshit that y'all pulled, was all for the community and the promotion of cannabis. but towards the end especially, you were wanting to go in a direction a lot of us didn't want to follow. how else do you explain myself, fly, jesus and others who maybe weren't "in the know" but were privy to your plans (remember you posted them?) sided with gad?

what were his trangressions compared to becomming another seed site and losing our independence from the seedy side of life?

I made my fair share of fuck-ups and I didn't handle the POM well at all - that hurt us - but it was part of a (misguided) attempt to build the site and bring in the punters. I got played, but I wasn't the only one . . .

no. you weren't the only one. however you were maybe the only one willing to not only play along, but encourage the bs. i think the rest of us were actually kind of alarmed and upset that so much personal info was being shared.
mpgAdmin wrote:there was a rumor at the beginning that the gad posted that his business partner had pulled the plug on pg while he was on vacation. one of the other canna sites, so for a bit i thought maybe what happened was just a sad coincidence. always wondered about the business partner though. if it was someone we know.
It wasn't a rumour - that's what Gad claimed. That his "business partner" had stolen the server to recoup a debt and wasn't aware PG was on it.
Did I believe it? Nah. Did I play along? Yes. Was I in denial? Yes. Knowing what we all know now, I'm sure you can all guess what happened . . . After all, how many times had Gad threatened to take his ball home throughout PG's life? It was a constant threat, and at times wielded like a stick over all of us - especially me.
actually, no. i guess i never heard gad threaten to take his ball home thoughtout pg's life. i just tried to think of a time when gad was actuall that communicative, and came up blank. but, as you so kindly point out, i was not "in the loop"

But like roller, it was all a bit of a relief for both of us (Gad and myself) in the end. Sad, but a lot less stress . . .
see, i believed it. sad, huh? was i in denial? mabye,
actually, roller has yet to chime in about how he feels about all this. i'm sure not good since he was the one who owned pg.com in the first place. but i have yet to hear him take a side, or even voice an opinon on your differnces. maybe i just haven't asked the right questions. But i still get the feeling that roller as well as the us involved with mpg share the same desire to perserve the free speech and independence that i see as mpg's main goals.

the desire to spark an honest conversation rather than a corporate approved message. if you get my drift. which i don't really expect. after all your perception of me seems to be rather dim...

again, as a comparison to gad, i'm pretty sure you never got where i was coming from in the first place, so it's not really surprising that you
don't get it now.

and really... sadly prawn luv u long time baby, but you don't really get it at all. not even who i am. i guess i am that insignificant. but sometimes i get a real kick out of the good old boys.. and their arrogance.

so i'm not sorry at all over my choice to follow gad. and if it was you and smokes then, how come its me and smokes and roller now??
anyway let us all be clear right now.

the people i trust run this board. we all know pretty much who each other are and don't really feel the need to hide from each other. our goals are to promote the cannabis plant. none of us that i know of are expecting any rewards or compensation. except the glorification of the plant.

me? i don't really care if people know me, like me or even understand me. all i care about is spreading the word and promoting the legalizatinon of cannabis.

and i don't care if i make a dime doing it. and i can honestly say that applies to all of us that share this handle.

oh yeah. shared handles. not, of course that you'd understand that prawn. would you? kinda weird tho that you post at rollitup

you know, considering the japanfreak shit.

:fubird:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am
by Prawn Connery
I'm not even going to pretend to know what the "japanfreak shit" alludes to. You're going to have to spell a few things out (if you want to), because as you know, I haven't been around much these four years and I simply haven't paid this site much attention. I don't even know who half the handles are here any more . . . I'm not saying that to be mean. I just don't. I remember who japanfreak was. I remember the old names. You assume I've been playing spot-the-sock-puppet all these years. Why would I?

There are some things I do remember, though. And it's not revisionist history.

Running PG went to my head - no argument there. But when I say "built this place", I'm talking almost 10 years ago when Gad approached me with a site he had been working on and asking me to partner him. He and I worked on that site before anyone even knew it was coming. It was before the demise of MGG (when I pushed to change the name of roller's site to "Planet Ganja" because I hated "MyGanjaGrow" - which he purchased). I'm talking about the launch and the initial start-up - stuff no-one else here really knows apart from Gad and I. Gad may have shared a few things with others, but I was the one with access to the site before it was live and I as the one who helped him build the front end. I'm not trying to take any more credit than I deserve. I'm just stating how it happened.

You seem to think it was all about money. And you're right. Gad wanted to make money out of PG - he wasn't doing it out of the altruism. You're deluded if you think otherwise. I'm not even going to go there because it's now plain to see that few if any of you truly understood his motives at the time.

As for free speech, I was the one who championed free speech above everything else - almost anarchistically so - and my uncompromising attitude to it brought Gad and I to a head many a time. I work in a free-speech industry in real life: I live by the code and always have.

I didn't give a fuck what anyone said. The one exception I made was to protect the security of growers - something I took seriously. I'm a grower, too. I've been a grower through all of this. Maybe that's why my memory isn't so good these days . . .

I think I'd actually feel a bit better about writing all this if Gad was here to chime in. No doubt he'll challenge what I've said and I'm sure the unvarnished truth will lie somewhere in-between. I do miss sparring with the old bugger . . . (Hell, we're almost the same age - that probably makes me an old bugger, too).

It's funny you say you didn't want PG to "become another seed site". Where the fuck does pot come from? I bought my first indoor seeds from Gypsy pre-2000. Say what you like about him, if people like him weren't selling back then, people like me wouldn't be growing quite as successfully indoors. But I had no desire to become a seed pimp or jump into bed with Gypsy or anyone else to the enrichment of myself and detriment of PG.

My plan was to run this place like any other online publishing venture - with paid and community (activism) sponsorship. (Ask Top about that - she can back me on wanting to boost the activism side of the site.) Fuck it. I'm in the publishing industry - have been 25 years - I know how to provide a paid platform and I've fought for free speech and I've fought for transparency in real life as well as here. You name me another cannaboard admin who was more transparent than I was back in those days.

And mate, don't even talk about jesus - he doesn't know his arsehole from a hole in the ground and still runs around like a headless chook claiming Luc's Swiss Bliss is really C99. Jesus never had a clue about anything - he was a raving conspiracy nutjob. But I still gave him a platform to spout his baseless shit. I never censored him.

Den? Not even going to go defend myself. She posted up real life info. She got away with murder up to that point. I'm unrepentant. You may say that's hypocritical after what PoM did, but what he did wasn't part of what was agreed to, either. And when I say "agreed to", there was a lot of discussion about what he was going to post and we (yes, Gad and I) only agreed to give him our platform because he wasn't to disclose private info. Like I said, I got played. But I only did it in (my misguided notion of) the public interest - that was my only motive.

I don't know why it surprises you that I've started posting at rollitup. All I ever wanted was a canna site I could post freely to, share info and call bullshit where it warranted - like you - without fear or favour.

EDIT: You're right - I don't recognise you anymore. But I'm over playing detective. I'm sorry. Its nothing personal. I do wish you could fix this site, though. Farkinell- it's been four years.

EDIT#2: You know, all this has prompted me to go back through my old email account to jog my memory. I just found my orginal PG agreement with Gad dated October 8, 2004. Gad's (and my) version of PG went live in November 2004.

There's a shitload of emails here also from PoM. Makes for interesting reading. My memory wasn't quite as bad as I thought . . . There are certainly a lot of emails here that back up what I've said.

Then again, there's a lot of shit here that reminds me why I walked away from all this (not MPG, but cannaboards in general).

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 am
by EthicalGrower
Mrs Fly wrote:Prawn had the passion, you had the coding skill, and I now understand the pseudo-coup at the end where Prawn was ousted so you could take full control of the site and thus be able to shut it down. I feel bad and I betrayed Prawn and Smokebreaks to side with you, at the time I thought I was siding with the site as an entity rather than individuals. Oh how wrong I was.
That's an understandable assessment without being given an alternative explanation. You're dead wrong about my passion. If I didn't have passion for the project... if I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't have even attempted to convince anyone to take this any further than stank.com.
Mrs Fly wrote:Do you know how many hours I spent working on your Knowledgebase trying to get it up and running? And I have to guess for all the time I sat doing that you had already formulted your plan of termination.
Actually I have a pretty good grasp on how many hours you spent managing the KB. I know you're speaking from anger and hurt, but you weren't duped. There was no nefarious plan to shutdown the site while you toiled behind the scene implementing my plan for world domination. I appreciated the work you put into the site, even if I didn't always recognize the hours <b>many</b> members and staff put in. I am still grateful for the core group of folks I had working with me.
Mrs Fly wrote:Your methods suck. Your generalisations about the members of this and past PG are entirely wrong, not everyone on the site was ~Guano~ and some of us believed in the site. So thanks for duping me and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Agreed there is almost always collateral damage when painting large swaths people with the same brush. My comments about the quality of the membership weren't designed to be hurtful to those that made operating the site pleasant... and there were a number of you. Unfortunately I would get swept up railing against the noise of those who were there only to disrupt the site and cause havoc... often at the cost of those who opinions mattered.

I'm sorry if I hurt you or your feelings in any way. I'm not going to try to convince you that your feelings are wrong, just know that it was never my intention to hurt anyone.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 am
by Prawn Connery
I love this old PG post I just found. Pretty much sums up what happened. I didn't write it - as you know, I don't use American spelling . . .
The parents are getting divorced, whether the kids like it or not. Dad, who hasn't been around much anyway lately, handed the keys to the house to mom for her to look after the kids and then decided to throw a brick through the window when he discovered mom had invited in a few guests who he didn't like. Now he's decided to let mom keep the house, but not before he takes all the bricks and tiles, plumbing and electircal fixtures. Right now, mom's trying to find a new home for the kids.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am
by Prawn Connery
Anyone going to ban me for posting up old PG stuff?
New Sponsorship & Advertising Rates
To all those who have shown an active interest in supporting PG through sponsorship banners and advertising requests in the past, firstly let me apologise for putting you on hold for so long. Unfortunately we were in the midst of upgrading and redesigning the site (it's a constant evolution) and there have been times when we simply were not ready to host new banners.

Until now that is

PG V3.0 is now up running and soon we will be moving to a new domicile in Holland, where we hope to improve the site even further. For those interested in continuing to support Planet Ganja, here are the details of our new ad rates and sponsorship campaigns, as well as our criteria for reciprocal linking to other sites.

We're always happy to provide Help Desks for seed vendors, breeders and other canna-product manufacturers, so if you're interested in spreading the word, you can talk to us about a custom deal.

Partner Campaign
US$85 per month (US$1,020 a year)

Includes:
Up to two 468 x 60px banners (jpg/gif/png - but no flash banners!)
Displayed in all rotations (forum/homepage/knowledgebase/chat etc)
Guaranteed minimum 50,000 impressions per month (no 50,000 impressions, no charge for that month)
Exclusive forum (Help Desk) and moderating privileges for customer support and product releases

Sponsor Campaign
$65 US per month (US$780 a year)

Includes:
One 468 x 60px banner (jpg/gif/png - again, no flash banners)
Displayed in forum/chat rotations
Guaranteed minimum 30,000 impressions per month

For the most part we will not do reciprocal linking unless:
a) A site has a minimum of 1 million page views per month
b) Is indexed on Alexa, with a minimum traffic rank of 900,000

Last year, we were doing well over 10 million page views per month and had just a few thousands members. We are now approaching 10,000 active members and are officially the largest independent pot site on the net by ranking.

We may restrict the number of Sponsor Campaigns to ensure that all banners get a fair and reasonable rotation, but we have also redesigned the site to accept more ad space, so that will ensure all banners remain prominent in any case.

If anyone has any questions about PG advertising, sponsorship or our Help Desks, please feel free to ask them here, or PM:

smokebreaks
Myself
Gadabout

Thanks again to all those who have supported us over the years and rest assured, your valuable contributions will go straight back into the site so that we can help to maintain and build it into a better place for all to use and enjoy. Stay tuned for lots of new PG features in the year ahead . . .

Prawn Connery is invisible Modify Prawn Connery's Mojo Tribus: Yellow Submarine View Prawn Connery's Gallery Position: Maladministrator

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:49 am
by Prawn Connery
I'm not going to post private shit up, but you get the picture.

Anyway, think what you want of me, I tried my farkin arse off to save PG. Those who know, know - not everyone's memory could have turned to shit . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am
by Prawn Connery
EthicalGrower wrote:Blah, blah, blah
Fuck you pick your times. I'm about to go to bed. Back in the day I would have stayed up all night to dally . . . But I guess the love's not there anymore . . .

See you in the morning, sweetheart.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:07 am
by Prawn Connery
top, you have a short memory - didn't I just PM you at your BlinDeye3 account the other week because I couldn't access this account?

Of course I know who you are! Last time I looked, roller was using the mpgAdmin account.

And of course I'm fucking arrogant! I'm a fucking good writer - why wouldn't I be arrogant about that?

What makes this all the more incredible is that you - of all people - knew I wanted the site to be more active (as in "pot activism"). You and I discussed this many times over the years (is your memory really as bad as mine?)

But how the fuck do you think the kind of site we were planning was going to pay for itself? It's OK when you have a few dozen members sucking up a spoonful of bandwidth, but what happens when the site grows?

I don't blame anyone for siding with Gad after I botched the PoM episode. What I'm saying is, those who sided with him did not know his motives as well as I did. And they did not know him like I did. At least, as well as you can know someone from working with them 6+ years online - half a world away from each other - in the cloak-and-dagger world of canna sites (as they were back then), with the occasional phone call and real-time conversation.

I like Gad. He and I are cut from similar moulds. But he's skittish and whimsical - and I'm not. I don't blink at much (ironic, eh, "BlinDeye3"). That doesn't mean I don't get sick of shit and walk away to cut my losses . . .

smokes is an arrogant bastard, too (I mean that in the best possible way), and has proven his mettle by continuing to support this site. In that respect, he's been more reliable than me. But smokes didn't have to put up with 6+ years of dealing with Gad and PG like I did. I'm fucking over it.

And let's not forget who ran this place for the extended periods Gad was missing. Not just me, but all the mods: you, JJJ (I tip my hat to that bloke, even though he and I didn't get along), hax, ain, smokes et al (do I have to list everyone?).

I'm honestly very surprised at some of what you're posting, because I always considered you to be one of the most unflappable people I knew (online). I love your dry sense of humour. I've always been a big fan. Perhaps you feel I abandoned you and everyone else here. I guess I did. But don't ever fucking question my commitment to PG, and don't ever assume you could read my mind. Or Gad's. What you see online - for better or worse - is what you see online. That is all.

As for rollitup, have a look at my join date: April 2013 - two months ago. That's how long I've been back posting grow threads (not even that long if you actually look at some of my posts). It's irrelevant. How do you even know MelloKitty is the same MelloKitty as here? I don't, because I haven't spoken to him/her/whoever over there. I got a hit of rep from MK the other day, but I haven't replied yet, so even I don't know for sure.

Easy to fool, eh? Now, now - you know my shell is much too thick and my ego much too big to even care. Maybe I'm not a fucking prawn after all. Maybe I'm human . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 am
by Prawn Connery
EthicalGrower wrote:I know you're speaking from anger and hurt, but you weren't duped. There was no nefarious plan to shutdown the site while you toiled behind the scene implementing my plan for world domination. I appreciated the work you put into the site, even if I didn't always recognize the hours <b>many</b> members and staff put in. I am still grateful for the core group of folks I had working with me.
Alright, you've had your chance to respond.

You pulled PG from under us and I played along in the vain hope you would somehow "find" the "stolen server" and all would be restored.

But enough's enough, and people deserve the truth: you fucked PG in a hissy fit and you fucked everyone who had contributed to it.

Just why some stupid people still cling to the fantasy that you were ~shabang~ I will never know. You're not. Never were. It suits your ego for people to think so, and that is all.

I know who you are. You know who I am. You're not ~shabang~. You're just a guy who was learning to code when you first joined OG and used to grow before you got busted (and started up again, and stopped again, because your wife wasn't happy about it).

You're a smart bastard - and I really do you like you (always have) - but no more bullshit. You are what you are. Nothing more.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 am
by Jesús Malverde
Hax here in case it isn't obvious. Nice to see some closure re the messy unwinding of PG at long last. I harbor no ill feelings towards any of the principals, I think everyone was doing their best from their own individual perspectives.

I think most of the tensions can be attributed to Gad's pressing ambition to grow the site, running a small vBull-type board can be done very cheaply in terms of capital expenditures--it's far more demanding of effort and time than money and we had a nice crew to do the day to day grunt stuff pro bono. There are obviously dozens of small successful vBull sites running a vanilla version of the software that are clearly not blessed with much funding, you don't even need a coding wizard if you don't require a lot of custom hacks and demon tweaks, the basic software's pretty well sorted and even our very hacked build was at times pretty stable when left unfucked with. All the SEO and social networking site promotion stuff Gad was incorporating in seemed kind of at cross purposes to me with the fundamental mission of the site as a low profile (which for growers is a plus rather than a minus, at least perceptually) place for a community of growers to meet, bullshit, show off, screw around and share some hard won knowledge. Making growing the site a priority from my perspective just grew a lot of unrealistic expectations and set the effort up for a lot of disappointments. PG was a good size community in my opinion--manageable, a little exclusive, small enough to be quirky, independent and subversive but at the same time large enough to consistently generate interesting new user authored content. Larger sites inevitably become more PC, more corporate, less free and more compromised by their funding requirements. Gad never came up with a good way for users to contribute to the running expenses, I had to expose my real life info to Gad to contribute money to the cause, so he--if he bothered--knows exactly who I am. On a growers' site, that's a big ask. Realistically a growers' site probably needs a sugar daddy or daddies to remain both viable and to provide some assurance of anonymity for both the users and to remain independent of the pressures of commercialization. But obviously being dependent on a single philanthropic donor means the viability of the site is only as solid as the philanthropist in question. So probably that all conspires to realistically limit the size and ambition of the site. There's no obvious good way to transition an independent cannaboard requiring significant anonymity from a philanthropic vanity published model to a self funding model. The best one can realistically hope for is to have some user contributions and some banner sponsors to help defray the expenses.

I can understand why Gad became unwilling to underwrite the site, given his increasing distance from the day to day running of it and his apparent antipathy with a significant portion of both the user base and the staff. What I don't understand is his manifest unwillingness to allow others to attempt to carry on the attempt, the need to preemptively erase all the content and the need for the obvious cock and bull story in lieu of being more forthcoming as the plug was being pulled.

And way to go Prawn just coming out and saying Gad wasn't ~S. I've been enjoying trolling Guano with that possibility for years, fueling his obsession :smile:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:29 pm
by Prawn Connery
Sorry, hax. He is a bit obsessed with the whole ~s thing, I know. If it's any consolation, nothing I say will change his mind so you don't need to stop on my account :nutkick:

Having re-read some of my posts, I do sound a little angry. A lot of this has been pent-up.

The SEO and cross-promotion was all part of Gad's effort to make the site marketable - if that all makes sense now - because like I said, it was always his intention to make money out of it. Gad wanted to build the site into something and sell it. The more members and hits we had, the more it was worth to a potential buyer. It was his vision from the start. That's one of the reasons he didn't want us all contributing (apart from the odd small donation here and there) because that would have compromised his rights to full ownership. (It was supposedly a partnership when we first started, but I never deluded myself there was anything guaranteed in it for me. There was no legally binding contract between us . . . and we all know how fond of lawyers Gad is.)

Why do you think at the end of the day he was reluctant to hand over the keys? And then when finally he did agree, he decided to strip PG of everything and build his own rival site. And even then, he couldn't bring himself to hand it over so took it offline and left us destitute.

I don't really blame him for wanting to protect all the work he put into PG - to just hand it over to someone else like that (especially someone he was having a few "ideological issues" with at the time). But what I do resent is the way in which he did it.

Yes, Gad, it was your intellectual property. It was your idea. You did all the hard yards to make it happen and you kept things going through thick and thin. Not always, but I completely understand why you left the site to its own devices at times - why it sapped your motivation and energy so that you couldn't even bare to log on when you felt depressed about it. (Things weren't really going to plan, were they?)

But we all put our fucking hearts and souls into PG and you reamed us - didn't even give us time to save some of our years and years of contributions.

Well, actually, I did save a few things because I saw it coming. It was like a gun being pointed at a loved one. And what do you do in those circumstances? You go along with it, hoping like hell the guy doesn't pull the trigger, trying to sweet-talk him into letting go of the weapon so you can all walk away and continue your lives. And all the time you are formulating in your mind what you will do as soon as you see an opening, a weakness, a way out. You don't do anything rash and you hope.

But you pulled the trigger on all of us, didn't you? And it didn't matter how many good things you did in the past - that's what people will remember. That's what I'll remember. Even after all these years.

Yummybud was here

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:00 pm
by Sconeofark
Hey there,

Lots of long time no see going on here.

Personally I enjoyed the *&% outa the place.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 pm
by EthicalGrower
This is rich...

You haven't lost your flare for being a drama queen Prawn.

I'll be back later tonight.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:01 pm
by Prawn Connery
On ya bike, Gad - the truth is out there . . . Sorry. I'm not supposed to know who you are, am I? Don't worry, I've never told a soul. And never will. Isn't it time you did the decent thing as well and come clean about PG?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 pm
by smokebreaks
Fuck the both of you.

Topa I'll send the message after watching the brewers game with my Dad.

You know how to get ahold of me if a need anything. We'll get the server straightened out soon as I can get a few minutes away from my Dad's bedside.

But seriously you two Gad and Prawn both can piss off.

Neither of you gave a shit about the people who made your site

That being the members

Who are the only ones who matter.

Cannabis forums are a dime a fucking dozen these days, you want bells and whistles where you get pretty little feely bars of karma or whatever the fuck you call it you go find a place that strokes your ego cause fellas this sure the fuck ain't it

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:30 pm
by smokebreaks
And for the people who still post here and what not thanks for being here. It might not be anything more than a place for you to speak your mind about whatever the hell you want* (some minor exceptions) (puns not intended) all I ever wanted was a ace to talk politics and whatnot, but most importantly keep in touch, that's all I signed up for, learned a lot over the 15 years or so.

Life gets complicated and is way too short, so if you'll excuse me I got other priorities but your bills are paid for another year and they will be as long as I am alive.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:58 pm
by bentech
the tank was always the place for those who didnt know how to drink enough to not wake up before dawn

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Don't think your efforts aren't appreciated Smokes and admin. It ain't much maybe, but it's ours. It'd actually be pretty content rich and people would've been more invested as members if Gad had allowed a migration of the data to here. Another forum I have been an admin at since pre-OG did a successful migration from vBull to IPB, so it would have been feasible even across software platforms.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:57 am
by Prawn Connery
smokebreaks wrote:Neither of you gave a shit about the people who made your site

That being the members

Who are the only ones who matter.
That's a bit of a throw-away line, don't you think?

Easy to say. Our actions proved otherwise. At least, until it got messy towards the end.

And this coming from Mr Censorship who was the first to abuse his position as a PG mod by deleting and editting other people's posts.

You stepped up in the end, and now you've got what you always wanted. Maybe Gad and I simply got what we deserved . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:01 am
by mpgAdmin
Prawn Connery wrote:top, you have a short memory - didn't I just PM you at your BlinDeye3 account the other week because I couldn't access this account?

Of course I know who you are! Last time I looked, roller was using the mpgAdmin account.

And of course I'm fucking arrogant! I'm a fucking good writer - why wouldn't I be arrogant about that?

What makes this all the more incredible is that you - of all people - knew I wanted the site to be more active (as in "pot activism"). You and I discussed this many times over the years (is your memory really as bad as mine?)

But how the fuck do you think the kind of site we were planning was going to pay for itself? It's OK when you have a few dozen members sucking up a spoonful of bandwidth, but what happens when the site grows?
no prawn, my memory is fine. and no one here is challenging your talent with words. nor am i denying that you support activism. however i do not think that you ever fully understood how the shady shit detracts from those efforts and weakens the legitimacy of the movement.

i also do not think that you understand bandwidth is um... whats the words i could use to explain it, a joke? a con? exaggerated? no. a red herring. a misdirection, or an excuse. i believe i've touched upon the fact there are many ways for a site to pay those bills before. look at weedmaps. hightimes. . there are many legitimate advertisers out there had we ever gotten beyond included "unlimited" bandwidth included in most modern webhost packages
I don't blame anyone for siding with Gad after I botched the PoM episode. What I'm saying is, those who sided with him did not know his motives as well as I did. And they did not know him like I did. At least, as well as you can know someone from working with them 6+ years online - half a world away from each other - in the cloak-and-dagger world of canna sites (as they were back then), with the occasional phone call and real-time conversation.

I like Gad. He and I are cut from similar moulds. But he's skittish and whimsical - and I'm not. I don't blink at much (ironic, eh, "BlinDeye3"). That doesn't mean I don't get sick of shit and walk away to cut my losses . . .
the BE3 thing is actually sarcasm. :bong4:
ah yes. the cloak and dagger. smoke and mirrors. alley's in the mist.

and then the smoke clears, and you figure out your standing in a pile of shit up to your knees.

however if it had just been the PoM shit i don't think it would have bothered me as much. and to be honest i kinda felt that gad was equally responsible for letting it get as far as it did. something i think he regretted sooner than later, but never the less played along when y'all should have known better.
but we could have gotten past that. i think. maybe. but i was way burned out by the games, the subterfuge and the um... undermining of any fairness to staff and members who were often pushed aside or disregarded - or overruled by napoleonic decree in ever increasing doses? while gad just stolidly ignored it till the end.

smokes is an arrogant bastard, too (I mean that in the best possible way), and has proven his mettle by continuing to support this site. In that respect, he's been more reliable than me. But smokes didn't have to put up with 6+ years of dealing with Gad and PG like I did. I'm fucking over it.
ah yes. smokes. totally unfit for admin. :roflmao: but - after you get to know him, he's not that bad.
you don't sound like you're over it.
And let's not forget who ran this place for the extended periods Gad was missing. Not just me, but all the mods: you, JJJ (I tip my hat to that bloke, even though he and I didn't get along), hax, ain, smokes et al (do I have to list everyone?).
JJJ's loss was probably the end for me. i do not think tho that he understands why i started working with smokes, and it took me several years to stop being surprised at the outcome myself, and even now i question my sanity, but not because of smokes any longer.
I'm honestly very surprised at some of what you're posting, because I always considered you to be one of the most unflappable people I knew (online). I love your dry sense of humour. I've always been a big fan. Perhaps you feel I abandoned you and everyone else here. I guess I did. But don't ever fucking question my commitment to PG, and don't ever assume you could read my mind. Or Gad's. What you see online - for better or worse - is what you see online. That is all.
i did not question your commitment to pg, just noted the irony of your statement in context. i do not presume to read your mind, just your text - your text says alot about who you are, and how you act in text often overlaps with real life, especially with good writers. with you its a bit easier than gad, mainly because you are pretty prolific and he's pretty cagey, more guarded than you. but i had a few years of reading both of your text and putting up with shit from all sides myself, so to assume i, or anyone else was completely "clueless" about what was going on, is to assume we were all blind..
i am not sure why you are surprised. or think that i'm unflappable. i am human after all. and i have never pretended to be anything other than what i am. and i certainly have never been shy about voicing my opinion.
As for rollitup, have a look at my join date: April 2013 - two months ago. That's how long I've been back posting grow threads (not even that long if you actually look at some of my posts). It's irrelevant. How do you even know MelloKitty is the same MelloKitty as here? I don't, because I haven't spoken to him/her/whoever over there. I got a hit of rep from MK the other day, but I haven't replied yet, so even I don't know for sure.

Easy to fool, eh? Now, now - you know my shell is much too thick and my ego much too big to even care. Maybe I'm not a fucking prawn after all. Maybe I'm human . . .
no, i don't know. i just found the irony to delicious to go unremarked.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:08 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
mpgAdmin wrote:JJJ's loss was probably the end for me
I think that was the point when it hit the rest of us plebs that all was not well in the state of Denmark. :smoke:

BTW, didn't we used to have a : popcorn : smiley?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 am
by Munchy
Image Image

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:51 am
by Prawn Connery
Funny you mention JJJ, top - he was initially one of the ones who sided with me against Gad. That was a bit of a surprise to me, too, as I was under the impression he didn't really like me, but put up with me for the greater good of the community. But he's a smart guy - a very smart guy - and maybe he just figured better to side with a free-speech megalomaniac than an "Ethical Grower". Dunno - I can't speak for him. In this world, even if you don't like someone, it doesn't mean you can't respect them . . .

Maybe the real question is, would those who sided with Gad still have done so if they knew he was going to pull the plug a month later?

And I didn't say you or anyone else were "clueless" - let's not get into semantics - but merely that you had no idea of his real agenda.

I also know enough that its not just about "bandwidth" - please give me a bit more credit - because you need a server that can handle ever-increasing needs, software, expansion and updating as you go along. You forget that even "bandwidth" was a lot more expensive back in the day than it is now. Things have come along way over the past 10 years - I shouldn't need to spell that out. It might be chicken-feed to someone like smokes, but it wasn't to us.

So you see the bottom line was really the bottom line. Gad and I are both professionals in real life: spare time was often at a premium and certainly I liked to think that after all the bills were paid there might be something left over to compensate us for our time. Gad was thinking a bit bigger than I was, but then he was the one with the skills who had put more of his own time and money into PG to begin with.

I'm not angry at you, top. I'm not angry at anyone . . . except Gad. I didn't think I was angry at him, either. But four years later . . . well here I am.

Maybe it was just seeing "Ethical Grower" posting again - after all, EG and PC (like Dr No and 007-to-the-pound) have always been mortal enemies - but something stirred in me and it just all came out. You can all start with scatological jokes now . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:48 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Nobody would have sided with Gad had we known the truth. Obviously, Prawn. The reason I sided with him was that I didn't see the self funding model you were promoting as likely being a viable one and figured the only long term hope for the site was as Gad's little naughty indulgence.

JJJ, as well as being sweet and seemingly wise, had an uncanny moral sense. He may not have made a brilliant admin or site bureaucrat but he had a gut feel that seemed nearly unerring. He'd have been the perfect guy to give blanket veto power to any proposed site changes. He could detect BS better than the rest of us. Not that he would have likely assented to such a role.

This is actually stirring up some recollections I'd buried. I'd quite forgot how fucked up shit was prior to the plug being pulled! Anyone got a good recollection of the whole EG episode and, Prawn, what's this about Smokes censoring shit? I'm drawing a blank. I think I even deleted or limbo'd some--maybe quite a few in fact-- posts I thought crossed the line myself though I don't really remember terribly clearly, I let some of the trollers get the best of me there so I wasn't always at my best I'll admit. I might've even been "worse" than Smokes, I don't know. When people's personal stuff began being used, as it sometimes was, I thought censorship was duly warranted--and still do. The stakes could be life changing. In retrospect it's obvious we all could have probably done a better job of it. We were up against some pretty relentless and malicious actors though with limited resources, I wouldn't be too hard on anyone who was trying their best to deal with it even if we don't agree with their methods.

I'd still love to see the site data online again in some form. I'm sure whatever story Gad tells he has backups in some form of most everything, even if they are perhaps not proper incremental ones current right to the end. Remember his sig, "Jesus saves, god does incremental backups" or something similar? Nobody as tech geeky as Gad wouldn't have made some site copies along the way and stored them on separate hardware. The entire site could have been backed up on a dirt cheap external HDD for almost nothing. At this remove, I doubt it'd get the trolls it once did or need the kind of labor intensive real time moderation PG did when it was a hot target. It might even work more or less as it should have then, who knows? It'd never be a cash cow though, so I reckon Gad would have no use for it.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 pm
by Prawn Connery
He still has the original as far as I'm aware. The server was never stolen.

As for smokes editting people's posts, top also makes reference to it above. I took away his mod privileges for awhile because of it. I admit some of his edits were funny, but it was wrong.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:03 pm
by smokebreaks
The only post I ever edited was dreamdancer's rant about Gad and Prawn screwing him over on the political forums.

I did change an avatar for JJscorpio and pinned a post when Laughing Jim posted a link to a story about Osama Bin Laden's death as reported by foxnews in 2001.

But I never was interested in much more than exposing government and personal hypocrisy

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 pm
by Mud Boy
A Bloke Down The Pub wrote: BTW, didn't we used to have a : popcorn : smiley?
Reading this thread is like watching a Victor Mature movie. The popcorn doesn't help. :facepalm:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:59 pm
by mpgAdmin
popcorn.gif

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 pm
by Prawn Connery
smokebreaks wrote:The only post I ever edited was dreamdancer's rant about Gad and Prawn screwing him over on the political forums.

I did change an avatar for JJscorpio and pinned a post when Laughing Jim posted a link to a story about Osama Bin Laden's death as reported by foxnews in 2001.

But I never was interested in much more than exposing government and personal hypocrisy
I know. Just saying. We all have our moments.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:07 am
by Munchy
that shit was pretty funny tho... Image
shortbus avy.jpg
shortbus avy.jpg (3.99 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:17 am
by Prawn Connery
Dude, you should have ALL of PG backed up. You seem to have everything else on your bloody computer!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am
by Munchy
lol, but actually i didn't even find that on my bloody computer... Image

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:34 am
by EthicalGrower
Prawn Connery wrote:Well <insertrealnamehere> you and I both know that's not entirely true. But I'm not a malevolent person, so excuse me if I haven't been stalking you lately . . .

Yes, I got your LinkedIn invite last year - even though I don't have an account with them (they obviously created one from my public profile - it's not as if my real name isn't all over the internet) - but you'll forgive me if I'm in no hurry to join your next little venture.
Touche. Damn me for allowing linkedin to go through my gmail contact list. I'm not going to indulge in your childish <insertnamehere> game or go on for paragraphs insinuating I've got the dime to drop on you as well. You've got no concerns with what I know about your real identity, unfortunately I cannot say the same. This is a prime example of why I never operated under my real identity.
Prawn Connery wrote:On ya bike, Gad - the truth is out there . . . Sorry. I'm not supposed to know who you are, am I?
Why Prawn are you stalking me? I see you've found my twitter account. I'm not concerned and frankly am quite proud of what I've accomplished in the last few years. I haven't grown dope in over twelve years, been about four years since I last smoked dope. I have nothing against dope, but it has no place in my life anymore. I'm healthier and more fit at 40 than I was at 20. I started racing Master 3 in 2010 and upgraded to Master 1 Elite and the close of last season. This year I have three wins and seven podium finishes. Not too bad for an old guy racing guys five years my junior.

I was looking at a picture of you on a site this morning. Proudly standing in front of a shiny object... you know the one. (see I can google your name too) and it got me to thinking... You should come and hang with me for a month. I can help you lose the second chin and the 25 extra pounds hanging around the midriff. ;)

You want to reminisce about the past? It's too hot today to play outside so hang around I'll spin ya a yarn, but lets start at the beginning stank.com. My memory is not clouded or selective.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:49 am
by Prawn Connery
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? OK, you got me - it's a plane. And it was four years, 10kg (that's about 25lb, no?) and some anguished months of having given up cigarettes ago. You see, two can play at mild-life crisis . . .

Twitter? Nah. But that doesn't really matter. What we do on the boards stays on the boards - I'm not about to break the code. And hey, I've cut down on the choof, too - can't you tell? - but I still love growing. What's a green-thumb (or prawn) to do?

Congratulations on your achievements. No, really. My old man was a state champion. There are still a few things you don't now about me. But I know and love the sport (at least I used to, a long time ago . . .) so kudos where it's due. And you've been doing it for a good cause, too.

I don't really want to reminisce about the past, Gad. I want you to give these guys back their site.

How about it? Hax says it's possible. What's stopping you? Just give it back, wipe your hands, and let bygones be bygones. I'm not about to interfere or ask for my old job back.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am
by Intrinsic
Or at least help fix MPG's gallery, not the whole old PG board. How about it EG? ( yeah i know VB a and phpBB are different animals ...)

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:09 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Prawn Connery wrote:I want you to give these guys back their site.
That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

It would be nice to get back all that data, but finding server space for it to run on, and finding folks willing & able to cope with the volume of work required to set it up, run it and moderate it might be difficult?

As Ella Winter said: "Don't you know you can't go home again?"

I suspect the fantasy is much more appealing than anything that could become reality. :smoke:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:36 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Server space is so close to free today as to be almost indistinguishable. Migrating the data could be anywhere from pretty fucking easy to essentially impossible depending on the tools available and the software platform you want to migrate to. Anyone who has worked with SQL/PHP should be able to handle the easier cases. People have done migrations from vB to this platform before. merging might be more problematic than a straightforward migration but migrations of active boards always require some degree of that. Gad might prefer not to include the private fora in the migration, but really I think all the staff here have seen the PG private fora already and its hardly hugely salacious or titillating stuff or stuff that would expose people as far as I can recall.

Gad, how's about ringing up Smokes and at least talking to him about it?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:17 pm
by mpgAdmin
Intrinsic wrote:Or at least help fix MPG's gallery, not the whole old PG board. How about it EG? ( yeah i know VB a and phpBB are different animals ...)

actually at the moment, i'd rather prawn just uploaded another picture to see if he can break the site again. because i just am having oodles of fun over here, yanno

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 pm
by Prawn Connery
top, darling, I didn't come here to spam riu. I opened an account there a couple of months ago, started posting some info about vertical growing, and was simply letting people here know what I was up to - pre-empting the question: what have you been doing, lately? Have a look in bloke's hydro thread, I've been posting a little there, too. But I have to be honest - and I'm not shitting on you, smokes or anyone else - it's not so easy to post large pictures and detailed grow logs here when things keep crashing all the time.

Like I said, not a criticism - it's just the way it is.

What got my goat was Gad posting as Ethical Grower again. Red rag to a bull. If he'd just come here to find out what was happening with his vB account, fine. But no, he had to get on his soapbox and start bragging about how no-one knew who he really was, that he knew where OG was and - most critically - that he also had PG and was going to rub all our faces in it.

Why not just give it back? That is, if you guys want it? There was so much great growing info on PG - so much history - that even if he wiped out the sTank, removed the mod lounge and dissolved any reference to PoM or any other drama, there'd still be plenty left to be proud of.

Maybe Bloke's right- maybe you can't go home. But what a waste . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm
by Prawn Connery
And Gad, all bullshit aside, I'm not gunning for you - I would never compromise you in real life (as I would hope you would return the favour), but why not do the right thing after all these years? I've already made clear I don't want PG - this has nothing to do with me.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 am
by Jesús Malverde
Wipe the tank? At the risk of praising with faint damnation, that and the drama were a significant part of the raison d'être of the site, its crazy pointless tailfins, its precancerous beauty mark, the little hot peppers in its kung pao, the oaks atop its Torre Guinigi, the Jabberwocky of its Through the Looking-Glass, the hint of mold in its trockenbeerenauslese, the...

Jesus fuck, where was I?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:40 pm
by EthicalGrower
My post was lost to the abyss. :roll: This account is suspended!?!?!?! Pay your bills damnit!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm
by mpgAdmin
sorry about that, the site was moved off of the server. they lost more than your post, but lets see if we keep having issues...

:pullhair:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
EthicalGrower wrote:My post was lost to the abyss. :roll: This account is suspended!?!?!?!
Weird, eh?

It was happening for an hour or so, then bingo here it is back again. :D

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:48 pm
by Jesús Malverde
mpgAdmin wrote:sorry about that, the site was moved off of the server. they lost more than your post, but lets see if we keep having issues...

You know these php boards can actually be pretty stable if you just quit fucking with them when they are working :winky:

Just ask Gad.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 pm
by Jesús Malverde
EthicalGrower wrote:My post was lost to the abyss. :roll: This account is suspended!?!?!?! Pay your bills damnit!
Save yer work dude :toker1:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:01 pm
by smokebreaks
Site has been moved to a different box. Should speed things up and solve the issues for awhile.

But at least it wasn't stolen and lost to the abyss!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 pm
by Prawn Connery
^ Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:20 pm
by mpgAdmin
Jesús Malverde wrote:
mpgAdmin wrote:sorry about that, the site was moved off of the server. they lost more than your post, but lets see if we keep having issues...

You know these php boards can actually be pretty stable if you just quit fucking with them when they are working :winky:

Just ask Gad.
it was the host that moved it because of the problems we've been having. i didn't get the memo that they were going to do it, till after i spent all night fixing it. now i got re-fix what i fixed. :pullhair: if i'd known they were gonna do that i would have slept last night.

fuckers.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 pm
by smokebreaks
Hey Topa, I told you I'd get it straightened out when I had time. This new box is pretty speedy too isn't it?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:29 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
smokebreaks wrote:This new box is pretty speedy too isn't it?
Certainly seems a bit nippier than the old one. :tup:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 am
by smokebreaks
smokebreaks wrote:This new box is pretty speedy too isn't it?
Certainly seems a bit nippier than the old one. :tup:
Since you're not on the extreme porn server any more should maybe make this experience be a bit more user friendly.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am
by ninjacloakd
POM violated a Court order and was arrested for theft involving GNLTD. The court order was sent to original PG and ignored, the stolen seeds continued to be sold and embarrassing PM's were about to come out before Gad pulled the plug.

If PG was ever to be resurrected, wouldn't these ETHICAL considerations still be hanging around in the background causing problems? :facepalm:

Wouldn't it scare away possible investors?

Would GN take any legal action after all these years? :whistle:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am
by bentech
i thought that the suitcase full of seeds was shipped to the states?!?!?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:48 am
by Prawn Connery
ninjacloakd wrote:POM violated a Court order and was arrested for theft involving GNLTD. The court order was sent to original PG and ignored, the stolen seeds continued to be sold and embarrassing PM's were about to come out before Gad pulled the plug.
EDIT: Right, now I've gotten to the bottom of this. Please read the link below. This is not an official court order - it is a letter purportedly from a solicitor. It is not stamped by any government agency, nor written on a High Court letterhead.

Gypsy sent this to me and my reply was: "Please send me a copy of the original court order, stamped and sealed by the High Court. Alternatively, please point to the official court order as posted online by the UK High Court."

He never did. As I said - read carefully - this is not an official court document. Anyone with any legal training (which I have) knows this. As far as I'm concerned, there never was a High Court order.

If you have a copy, by all means - please post it up. Otherwise, you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

http://www.rollitup.org/legal-edge/8875 ... a-ltd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ninjacloakd wrote:If PG was ever to be resurrected, wouldn't these ETHICAL considerations still be hanging around in the background causing problems? :facepalm:

Wouldn't it scare away possible investors?

I'm not interested in modding, adminning or owning PG ever again. I'm finished. I'm only asking Gad to give it back to the community if that's what they want. They at least deserve to have the choice.

And if that were to happen, then I should imagine smokes would remain as benefactor and "possible investors" would have nothing to do with it.

If GN had legal recourse to take action on anyone for anything, don't you think he would have done it by now?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 am
by Prawn Connery
Why don't you search online for that claim number: HCD7C01410 - and tell us all what you find . . .

BTW, the document posted above on rollitup originally came from PG - we posted it up for all to see, so I'm not sure what you man by we "ignored it".

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 am
by smokebreaks
The site can stay here at my expense for as long as the people want it. It really doesn't cost me anything of significance and I doubt that it really would. Gotta love the new box we're on now, and it does come with unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk space. ;)

So if Gad's amenable to migration, we can easily put the two together. Your call dude.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
Never can tell.... leaving aside the seeds issue, he might not want that police statement where he fingered PoM as a "coke dealer" to come back to light. :innocent:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 pm
by Prawn Connery
His concerns are unfounded because the so-called "court order" was a fake. Let's hope the dumb fucks who believed it never defend themselves in court if they ever get into trouble . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 am
by Jesús Malverde
:facepalm:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 am
by Prawn Connery
That is fucking gold! How the fuck did I forget that one. Whatever happened to PE/KK?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 am
by bentech
hahhahh
never saw that diagram before...

and common!
i cant be the only one who passed on gn's business propositions back them can i?!??!?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am
by roller24
and the wheels on the bus go round and round....PG's biggest problem is the wheels are going backwards... let's move ahead, shall we.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 am
by bentech
trains going backwards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_CirOBI38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:33 am
by A Bloke Down The Pub
So, I expect there are lots of negotiations and discussions going on, "behind the scenes", eh? :roll:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:55 am
by dill786
the most important thing to do is just get more people posting especially the ones that have already registered ages ago but have never posted,

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:21 pm
by smokebreaks
That's the ticket Brother Dill.

Been crickets over here, I sent a message from personal email to Ethical Grower, no response.

Not that I'd expected one but like I said its his call.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 pm
by Mud Boy
I wish he would just go away. Too many people don't trust him, including me. Why is he back sniffing around? What does he want? Is he going to be handed the keys so he can pull the plug again when he gets tired of doing it? Fuck that. :fubird:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:43 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Gad's still looking to cash in on that dot com bubble. Yeah, that big fat dot com bubble. You know the one.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:01 pm
by bubbabush
The .com bubble's still going strong in the government contracting sector. Look @ Snowden making $192k a year for datasnooping. That's like 8th grade hacker stuff.

~O~

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Crooked sysadmin willing to reliably do evil when so ordered can't come cheaply.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 am
by Prawn Connery
dill786 wrote:the most important thing to do is just get more people posting especially the ones that have already registered ages ago but have never posted,
Oh, that guy's still posting. I believe his current name is "sun".

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:12 pm
by Prawn Connery
Bump. Surprise, surprise . . . he never did come back with that story of his, did he?

Hell, I almost didn't come back myself: fucked if I could find a way back in here after I lost the link!

You guys need to do something about "myplanetganja.com" - you can't get here from there; linkl's broken. I had to find an old link in my Yahoo account for a back door . . . er, back. You know what I mean.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Ha! The homepage doesn't have a working link to the actual site. Oy vey. That fact alone could pretty easily explain the tumbleweeds.

Nice of you to pop in and say hello Senor pr0n.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 am
by Prawn Connery
Yeah, didn't realise myself until I'd lost my "http://www.myplanetganja.com/index.php" bookmark and typed in "myplanetganja.com" instead.

Where it says "Enter site", the link is dead. I honestly thought MPG had closed and was gone for good . . .

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 pm
by smokebreaks
Link worked fine for me!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 pm
by Mud Boy
Works for me with IE but not with Firefox.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:38 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Wasn't working yesterday though and as I implored Tops privately from a user perspective having a splash page as domain default rather than the forum index php page is a wholly unnecessary hoop to force people through. Especially when the splash page isn't working or is a graphic pink nightmare with no thematic integration with the rest of the site.

OK, I see the splash page is broken again today (see attached screenshot):
mpg-fail.JPG
mpg-fail.JPG (22.44 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
It's just one more moving piece to break that not only doesn't add any value to the user experience but actually detracts from it.

Please reset the domain default page to /index.php and solve the problem (and all associated potential problems) forever.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:34 am
by Prawn Connery
I agree. Even moreso now that "www.planetganja.com" is no longer linked to this site. If the landing page link is broken, it's almost impossible to find your way in here. Trust me - I tried!
Mud Boy wrote:Works for me with IE but not with Firefox.
Try flushing your cache. That worked for me after the page was fixed but Firefox kept taking me to the cached (broken) page with no hyperlink.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:59 am
by mpgAdmin
Jesús Malverde wrote:Wasn't working yesterday though and as I implored Tops privately from a user perspective having a splash page as domain default rather than the forum index php page is a wholly unnecessary hoop to force people through. Especially when the splash page isn't working or is a graphic pink nightmare with no thematic integration with the rest of the site.

OK, I see the splash page is broken again today (see attached screenshot):
mpg-fail.JPG
It's just one more moving piece to break that not only doesn't add any value to the user experience but actually detracts from it.

Please reset the domain default page to /index.php and solve the problem (and all associated potential problems) forever.
not sure i know what you mean by that image showing that the "splash page is broken" it looks just like i intended it to. and since you did not bother to answer the questions that i asked you in my reply to that imploring pm about your set up, browser and exactly what error you were getting, i gotta say i'm a bit put out about you bitching after i made it "more accessible" by making the text larger and spelling out the link to the site as well, you know for the ones with special needs. that page also has nothing to do with the server going down btw, there is no way that a simple html5 page is causing a database and server errors that were happening, we've had an index.html way before her, in part -as i told you in the reply as well in that pm that you have thus far ignored, that because when the fucking database goes down as it so fucking often has that HTML page will still load and people at least know we are still on this server...

and as i told you as well, i do not know why the link would not work for you but that i read that touch screens can be touchy and links mite fail on them, and that chrome has had some link related issues as well do a safari ios update. but if you had told me the red text error you were getting, i would have a better idea of the issue at hand.

And... sooooorry if you don't like it but u know she caused a spike in visitors? or that her stats are better than any single page, other than index.php, and way better than any of the previous index.htmls? or do you even get why a splash page is used? And as far as her having nothing to do with this site, i would beg to differ. she has EVERYTHING to do with this site. i don't know what site you've been on the last four years, but the site i've been on has been a humorous adult political pot site with intermittent boobies that makes fun of itself and others, a lot. i too questioned the pink. I wanted to go with an lighted door in an alleyway with black and amber tones. Smokes made that graphic himself though and well, what could i do? he owns the place. and if you don't like the picture i used, you should have seen the picture i didn't use. i did insist on keeping the amber around the edges and the manure footer and added the little touches like dig yourself (lazerus), kingtut and we never mention... but all the credit for the name is intrisic's of course. :roflmao:

i also am rather hurt that you don't get the playlist especially even the first version of the playlist that started with lana del reys song where the back ground music they are chanting "shark, shark" geesh. the whole playlist is inspired by this place how come we are here, and the people along the way, little snippets of song that represent characters or um exchanges here actually. haha see if you can find yourself. you know a bit of ... drama back story maybe. iono. but its fun and i refuse to stop.

bite me.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:19 am
by Jesús Malverde
Good reply. Still hate this (and all) splash pages that contain no more useful navigational tools than an "Enter Site" link. I understand why site admin make them, but also why users derive no benefit. On the plus side it isn't a flash animation.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:19 am
by Prawn Connery
Just as long as I can find my way back in here after I've gone walkabout for six months and purged all my bookmarks and history.

You know when Gyper got busted in the Philippines? That's how long that link was broken for me :(

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 pm
by Prawn Connery
Link's broken again. :emp:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm
by Jesús Malverde
The page coding is a mess. There are div tags nested within div tags, all riding on this CSS: http://www.myplanetganja.com/slut-style.css" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. All the scripting that is breaking the page's only apparent purpose is either to make the splash page as x-browser/device compliant as /index.php already is or to push to: http://www.facebook.com/DirtiestLittleS ... heInternet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which only two FB accounts have ever posted to.

The problems are: A- baked into the badly written code and B- completely unnecessary to the user. The default page should be set to /index.php at least until the coding is sorted out. A broken splash page is far worse than no splash page at all isn't it? All it takes to fix this forever is a few keystrokes in the ACP.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 m, Win7 64, cache cleared. Pretty vanilla.
OOPS

Looks like we are experiencing technical discombubulations.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:21 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Tried to give you some + karma for effort but:
The page at http://www.myplanetganja.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; says:

503 | Service Unavailable
:facepalm:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:57 am
by smokebreaks
Bump

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:18 am
by Gadabout
I said I'd be back to this topic... I didn't say what year.

The last thing I was while running PG was hurting for cash. And Prawn couldn't be more wrong with the assertion that my ambition was to eventually sell PG. I'm a very goal oriented person and success is measured by achieving goals. The main obstacles to achieving my vision for PG was people getting in the way of my goals.

That team had a tremendous resource who made web marketing and SEO his livelihood. And people without a fraction of those skills saw fit to challenge me at every angle without an alternate plan. If you're going to run a site with 200 concurrent users, and you don't want to pay for it yourself... you're either going subscription based or you need lots of traffic.

Those of you saying that you could host a website the size of PG on a $200 per year shared unlimited plan are out of your mind. Clearly they haven't hosted anything even remotely that size. Read any of their "Fair Use" policies and you'll understand it's a scam. If 200 people simultaneously loaded the forumhome the host's self healing software would shut down your db. It's unlimited provided you have no major impact on any of the server resources. A site that size has to go VPS or dedicated which will run you $250+ USD montly in 2015.

I've discussed what we were paying in the PG mod forums a few times, but this appears to be a case of selective memory. In 2006 PG was on a server that was shared with another project which was also database heavy. I had a jammed full 16U cabinet, 100mbit fiber, and 2TB data combined. I was paying $7,000 monthly and that was a steal at the time. Then overgrow went down and our usage bloomed suddenly from 100gb per month to 700gb and the server couldn't keep up. We consolidated a bunch of servers into a VM box and financed two ibm servers for PG which took 4U in the cabinet. More than we needed, which meant room to grow. The monthly on the servers was $450 and that doesn't take into account the $$$ spent on a vmware server and nas that I didn't really need. I will admit that I did write off everything I could as a business expense. The math is there, if it isn't $1,000 it's damn near close.

Over the years PG brought in less than $1,000 through donors and sponsors... a long way from being in the black.

I made a mistake when I partnered with Prawn. I think he would have been great a Grow Mod, but was too much of an anarchist to be an objective decision maker. If you remember history as I do, you'll recall I had to hit the pause button in order to pull Prawn into line during the POM fiasco. If I fully had my way POM would have been banned his second day on PG. Rules tossed because he was more worried it playing out on PG than peoples privacy and security. Don't get me wrong, I'm a card carrying Prawn fan, I just have a hard time viewing things from his perspective at times.

Prawn never misses an opportunity to point out that he was brought on to make people comfortable with EG. I'm sure he brought up the fact more than any of the members he was there to comfort. Seeing the EG avatar made him see red? Seriously? I think that's just the color of envy. That's the only thing I can come up with. :confused:

What was the terrible thing I did as EG? Worst thing I recall was deleting a few accounts on OG that I knew would be restored. The victims of my dastardly deeds have gotten over it, maybe it's time Prawn did too.

How about the positives for this small community? Remember the sharkstank.com? Roller, Juice, PE, and Hardcase telling each other to kill themselves and telling fart jokes. If it wasn't for EG, nobody would have ever heard of that domain. EG was the unarguable star of the stank, brought all the traffic and is the only reason we are all at this site today. That fact eats Prawn so bad that it's a scorched earth policy in an attempt to make us seem on par. Locutus the munchausen syndrome sufferin', mushroom dealing, murderer still uses the Munchy handle to pay homage to EG more than a decade later... and I'm sure Maki would be rocking the southpark wookie avatar if he was still with us. A lot of us Prawn included, had a lot of harmless fun... EG just did it with a little style and panache and people loved it!

I challenge anyone to find one person that was harmed by me or my actions.

Love me or love to hate me, it's all love :D

I never felt compelled to pat my own back, but sometimes people need a history refresher.

You're welcome

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 am
by bentech
great are the the charlatans of their day

it obvious
there are slave under the threat of whips
carving busts of gad

to be displayed

in a future public sphere

where truth is the vilest of commodity

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 am
by Prawn Connery
It must be that time of the decade again . . . :innocent:

I can't believe this is all still going. You got the anarchist bit right. But I think we both know it was all just one big, long online game. All of it. Everything. And yet we took ourselves oh, so seriously.

Whether I was the right or wrong partner, you came to me, mate. The rest is history. It was your money. I just played the part. I did devote a shit-load of my life to it, though. I wouldn't say that time was wasted. It was a real . . . slice . . . And frankly, I could afford to play a few fun and games because pot-growing subsidised my life and allowed me to do what I'm doing today.

Sometimes I wonder if I had devoted that time and energy into doing something else I could have done the same in a different field. But I loved growing, I loved smoking and I owed the cannabis community - those I learned my trade from - at least something, even if it was just a form of entertainment.

I'll try to leave the ego thing aside, but to those who said we were all anarchy and no grow, well there are an awful lot of people vertical growing these days, and pg really did have some of the best growers and advice out there - years ahead of their time. I know that from a practical point of view. I killed the pig in my area - no-one ever outyielded me and I helped a shit-load of other commerical growers in the process - but most of what I learned and refined was on these boards.

So maybe you were right about me being a grow mod. It was one of the things in life I really enjoyed and rewarded me in turn. But so was pg. But then, like anything in life, we all grow out of things . . .

If and when medical marijuana makes its way to Australia, then I admit I've entertained the thought of returning to the industry. But it was the illegality of it that made it so profitable - so if I can afford to be out of it now, I can probably afford not to get back into it when its legal. I'll still grow a few plants for the fun of it, though.

You still haven't come clean on what happened to the server, "Gad". But I guess I'm really past caring - and was many years ago. You know I'm always up for a bit of argy bargy and a good (mass)debate, but it's not me you owe the truth to. It's everyone who's still here.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:05 am
by Butters
Gadabout wrote:I said I'd be back to this topic... I didn't say what year.

The last thing I was while running PG was hurting for cash. And Prawn couldn't be more wrong with the assertion that my ambition was to eventually sell PG. I'm a very goal oriented person and success is measured by achieving goals. The main obstacles to achieving my vision for PG was people getting in the way of my goals.

I challenge anyone to find one person that was harmed by me or my actions.

Love me or love to hate me, it's all love :D

I never felt compelled to pat my own back, but sometimes people need a history refresher.

You're welcome.
So why start accepting donations near the end only to shut it down soon afterwards?
Yes, embarrassed to say I fell for it...just wanted to help save the site, too stupid to know better.
Thanks Gad, much "love"

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:32 pm
by Roots
It was all in fun, just trying to push buttons and walk lines.

Didn't know the old PG cost that much, I wouldn't have put up that kind of money.

Anyways...Thanks!

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:25 am
by MadMoonMan
If he was me I'd say I just want to smoke a big fucking good resin gooey joint.

Call me wasteful or just pine ing for the Panama red days.

"yeah try and light that Ceegar."

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:29 am
by MadMoonMan
coughs and almost gags.

lol been a while I t r ied ceegaring

calm down

relax

do not e xale

if you can hold it in you will b e ok!

if not then you will live stop crying

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:37 am
by MadMoonMan
here is my theory.... gad was going; to become a female or hormone thing but then he saw what
Bruce Jenner was turining into and then has a car wreck and changed his mind and called his doctor and asked for a delay on the surgery.

Panicks when doc says sorry, bud we can't put your cut off penis back on.

You asked for a pussy pretend fucking sack an d we folded you one?

Changing minds is to late.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:43 am
by MadMoonMan
so gad is probably pretty fucking confused so feel sorry for him... He was born that way and can't help himself.

poor bastard can't help hiself.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:45 am
by MadMoonMan
I think we need some kind of retard tests.

If your retarded then

1. let the retards in?

2. keep all the retards out?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:48 am
by MadMoonMan
Determining a retard test is the difficult part. We need a retard comittee.

Ok i'm elected. Since i'm obviously retarded I can elect myself.

Since.. cut to the chase> im the retarded chaiorman i can do wan I want and government vggrows grows gr o ws... grows..

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:50 am
by MadMoonMan
ok uh .. today is some kind of holiday pay me.

I'm going home I have a head ache

and my vagina is acidic.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:52 am
by MadMoonMan
that was not me picking my nose at walmart. My husband photoshoped me while I was on the toilet taking a shit.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 pm
by Gadabout
how's the bust coming ben?

Prawn I didn't email you to come here and fight with me. It was a fortunate and fun side effect no doubt, but not my purpose.

If you're up for going on a few rounds on why I reneged on giving up PG, I'm all up for it. But it's time to get past the idea of bringing PG back or looking for an explanation. It's none of your business. I was out of the country and made the call to have the site shutdown, drives swapped between servers, and the raids rebuilt. The decision had nothing to do with you, the membership, or spite. No data was ever compromised and I would do the same if facing the same circumstances.

You always acknowledged the physical work I put into PG, but I also made a lot of good friends on that site. I've had a few come to my home and spend time with me and my family. All of that went fucked for me, every last one of them when PG died.

I remember it fondly and miss it as well.

After all these years, please realize that you're not getting a mea culpa from me.

Butters PG had a PO box and accepted donations/advertiser payments after our second year in operation. I'm trying not insult your intelligence here. Despite the suspicious timing... the plan to run a ruse for several years at great time and expense in order to swindle you out of $20 is just dumb plan... seriously dumb plan. My plans aren't all genius, but they are all better than that! Even the dumb ones. If I were looking to cash out, I'd like to think that I would have planned a better exit strategy.

Always up for a ribbing Roots.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 pm
by Jesús Malverde
If Gad hadn't stepped in and helped give us castoffs a place to land we wouldn't be bitching at him right? Headaches, expenses. That was pretty cool to do. <thanks Gad!> You can question his judgement but not his generosity with us. Smokes deserves our respect and gratitude for similar reasons.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 pm
by bentech
rubs you
dont it?

the men with enough coin in their pockett
to rub together

sure get it up their snuff

they get the idea that
just because the afford these spaces
they own them

spaces which in all honesty are public commons

agreed
we thank you for standing in place where
civil society was late it taking up its reponsibility

but your go run with that

as youve seemingly always

your heels need clipping

and at this point
id clip em short

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:29 am
by Prawn Connery
Prawn Connery wrote:. . . but it's not me you owe the truth to. It's everyone who's still here.
I don't care whether it's my business or not: our contribution to PG was a fraction of everyone else's combined.

Without members, there was no PG.

You still haven't figured that out, have you? It's still all about you and your largesse. I'm not taking anything away from you, Gad - no-one is - but all that bullshit about the server being stolen? All that false hope? You could have locked me out of PG in a heartbeat if you were that unhappy with my performance. That is, if it really was all about me - which it wasn't.

You might be surprised what my take is on the result of that recent email. That doesn't change the fact you owe people here an explanation. I'll even cover my ears and go "La! La! La!" if you don't want me to hear it. But at least give it to those who deserve it. It was their work, after all.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:57 am
by Prawn Connery
BTW, I have zero interest in owning, adminning or otherwise PG if you were to ever give it back to the community. I have other interests and hardly ever post here, as everyone knows. Recently, I was asked for an opinion. I gave it, and that's all anything has to do with me. Because - like it or not, "mate" - I used to be one of those guys who came into your home, even if it was just on the phone. I'd hope you're still savvy enough to realise that whatever has happened between us on the boards will always stay on the boards. I think you do. You've certainly had the benefit of many years to confirm it.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:58 am
by Jesús Malverde
<butting in> Prawn, do you consider it possible that the site was shut down for valid reasons unrelated to the controversy over the direction of the site at the time and that Gad for related valid reasons cannot lay out the story publicly? I don't know, I really have no special knowledge, but couldn't that in fact be possible, even if you harbor significant doubts?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:29 am
by Prawn Connery
What I know is that the server was never stolen and that Gad still has a back-up of PG - something Gad seems to have finally admitted after all these years.

Beyond that is really for Gad to explain. Suffice it to say, he can go into as little or much detail as he wishes. You can take with a pinch of salt some of what I've said in the past - it was all part of the ongoing saga of these boards - but I will address a point of logic: if it were a security issue, Gad would never have admitted to the server being stolen, because that's an admission of having owned it in the first place :wink:

Really, no-one would have begrudged him for prioritising his (and anyone else's) safety. But don't you think it was all rather a coincidence that it happened right when we were all negotiating for Gad to hand PG over to us? And when I say "us", you, Smokes and others know it was not just me he was planning to give the keys to. In fact, at one point (actually, probably all along!) he didn't want me to have the keys and suggested we both (Gad and I) step down and let someone else run it - to which I agreed. You guys were all there in the mod room to witness that.

There was a lot of really good grow info on that site. A lot of entertaining threads. Perhaps we all turn to dust. But that's the beauty of knowledge: it can be passed down. It doesn't have to be lost.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:13 pm
by Roots
....and there's pics of my balls there before they started getting grey hairs.....I miss those young balls.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:35 pm
by A Bloke Down The Pub
It's the lies that hurt so much. <sob> :(

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm
by Gadabout
Prawn Connery wrote:Gad still has a back-up of PG - something Gad seems to have finally admitted after all these years.
huh? "Seems" as in saying no such thing! Frankly your working "theory" is as well thought out as Butters speculating that PG was a clandestine donation heist. According to you I'm a selfish ego maniac bent on destruction. We all know I'd be a fucking hero if PG was somehow revived... more ego soup than any man could eat! I would throw away everything... years of friendships and everyone's work, just to keep it out of your grubby little mitts. All the members were deemed acceptable collateral damage. I had access to simple yet effective tools to keep PG out of your hands, but inexplicably chose the nuclear option. Maniacally laughing while holding my backup close to my chest like Gollum caressing his precious. I'll chalk it up as another nonsense theory, but you're welcome to it.
Prawn Connery wrote:BTW, I have zero interest in owning, adminning or otherwise PG if you were to ever give it back to the community. I have other interests and hardly ever post here, as everyone knows. Recently, I was asked for an opinion. I gave it, and that's all anything has to do with me. Because - like it or not, "mate" - I used to be one of those guys who came into your home, even if it was just on the phone. I'd hope you're still savvy enough to realise that whatever has happened between us on the boards will always stay on the boards. I think you do. You've certainly had the benefit of many years to confirm it.
Ditto. I think these guys have done the best they can with the cards they were dealt. They deserve ownership of the PG domain which is something that can be revived.

No question you played a part in my life for a period of time. I said I made a mistake partnering with you. I would love to get together for a beer, but you have to admit we made a terrible team. You've never made attempts to rekindle what once was. Neither have I. PG is not the first failed partnership in this community and it certainly won't be the last. I had a great deal of fun trolling with you on the stank. "Ethical Grower's ass bought and sold to Overgrow" was the greatest thread in discussion forum history and sealed our fate. I figured two diametrically opposed nemeses working together.... it has to work right?

Your last two sentences carry a pretty heavy connotation. No kidding I'm stunned that you suddenly feel the need to remind me about being loose with your privacy. I'm not sure what that's about, but you know better.
Prawn Connery wrote: You might be surprised what my take is on the result of that recent email. That doesn't change the fact you owe people here an explanation. I'll even cover my ears and go "La! La! La!" if you don't want me to hear it. But at least give it to those who deserve it. It was their work, after all.
Probably not, the contact was on my recommendation. :whistle: It would have been easy to say that your known hushmail account is no longer valid and I couldn't get in touch with you. I tried that address first and it did bounce back. I usually take the path that has a predictably favorable outcome.

I've said all I'm saying on the topic. Accept charity or don't, either way it was fun to chat and see all the old bums. Let's do this again in 2017

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:10 am
by Prawn Connery
Gadabout wrote:I was out of the country and made the call to have the site shutdown, drives swapped between servers, and the raids rebuilt. The decision had nothing to do with you, the membership, or spite. No data was ever compromised and I would do the same if facing the same circumstances.
"Seems" pretty clear to me. I mentioned the security issue only to affirm how seriously we all take it, and how all would have been instantly forgiven if the demise of PG was, indeed, a security issue.

It's not for me to explain why you did it. It's for you.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 am
by Jesús Malverde
Protip for Gad- tell Prawn what happened in strictest confidence and he is thereafter pretty much forever constrained from discussing the topic publicly or even privately. Being trusted with a secret you wanted to know the answer to is, it turns out, a real buzzkill.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:01 am
by Prawn Connery
Gadabout wrote:Accept charity or don't
This is what I mean. Seriously. It was the reason why we all pushed for you to take money from us (the membership) in the form of donations. (Sorry Butters, it wasn't a conspiracy.)

Many of us were a little tired of hearing about how you were always paying the bills, how it was your site, and how you could pick up your bat and ball and go home at any time.

People wanted to contribute because they felt it was their site and they wanted to be responsible - at least in some part - for their own fate.

That is not taking anything away from you. But you have to get this "charity" thing out of your head. You do something because it is the right thing to do. Or you don't do it at all.

If you want to talk about our partnership and all that other water under the bridge, then that's a completely different topic.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:07 am
by Prawn Connery
Hax, it's not me he's answerable to.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 am
by Lrus007
hi gadabout and prawn connery is good to see you both.
drop in anytime. were a fucked up lot but have our moments.
thanks for pg it was a breath of fresh air to pot forums. i joined
early and you both welcomed me. i miss cecil c salt's and me chatting.
sad it takes drama to get people here.
Lrus007

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:43 pm
by Gadabout
Jesús Malverde wrote:Protip for Gad- tell Prawn what happened in strictest confidence and he is thereafter pretty much forever constrained from discussing the topic publicly or even privately. Being trusted with a secret you wanted to know the answer to is, it turns out, a real buzzkill.
Sorry Hax it's not ever gonna happen. Prawn's opinion is ultimately inconsequential in the grand scheme of my life. It's all too easy to be an armchair quarterback when you're not the one taking the risks or facing potential consequences. Perception changes significantly if you're the one in the drivers seat. Prawn asked earlier that what happens on the boards stays on the boards and lets keep real life out of it. I request the same courtesy.

My time is much too valuable to be wasted arguing on the internet over irrelevant issues from close to a decade ago that will result in nothing. I figured this would be an easily overcome obstacle, but I think I have greatly underestimated how frozen in time some of us still are.

Good to see you as well Lrus007

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:17 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Fair enough as far as I'm concerned. If all the parties are or were acting in good faith, which is what I see, then there's no point really in questioning motives and going down that road. It then just becomes unpleasant in a completely unnecessary and very probably unfair way. By the way, cheers and thanks for the reply.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:38 pm
by Prawn Connery
For someone who's "opinion is ultimately inconsequential", you sure seem to be wanting to make this all about me . . .

Instead of what it's really about.

You did what you did to every single member of PG. Why don't you make it about them instead of us for a change?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:19 pm
by Gadabout
Prawn Connery wrote:For someone who's "opinion is ultimately inconsequential", you sure seem to be wanting to make this all about me
We're playing different sides of the same coin.
Prawn Connery wrote:Why don't you make it about them instead of us for a change?
That's kinda why I'm here.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 pm
by Prawn Connery
Then tell them why you did what you did. If it's all some super-secret spy affair that turned your life upside down and threatened your entire family (and you'll forgive us all for being just a little bit cynical about the timing) then just tell them it was some personal shit. Or whatever.

But this whole crap about your business partner running off with the server? How do you think people are ever going to take you at face value again when you can't even look them in the eye?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:55 pm
by Butters
Gadabout wrote:
Butters PG had a PO box and accepted donations/advertiser payments after our second year in operation. I'm trying not insult your intelligence here. Despite the suspicious timing... the plan to run a ruse for several years at great time and expense in order to swindle you out of $20 is just dumb plan... seriously dumb plan. My plans aren't all genius, but they are all better than that! Even the dumb ones. If I were looking to cash out, I'd like to think that I would have planned a better exit strategy.
Okay, fair enough, I was wrong. That's not how I recalled it, but it's not the first time my bad memory and my aforementioned stupidity/lack of intelligence has bit me.
I really didn't mean to imply you were running a scam, just questioning the timing, about which I was wrong.

My sincere apologies Gad, sorry about that.

Btw, it was $40...hope you didn't blow it all in one place.:toker1:

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 pm
by Gadabout
it's all good Butters. No hard feelings.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 pm
by Lrus007
i gave money to OG and month later was gone.
same thing with PG a month later was gone.
i do not have good luck sending donations it seems.
Lrus007

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 am
by Jesús Malverde
Whatever you fucking do don't donate here! M'kay?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 am
by Lrus007
nope never again bad ju ju

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:58 pm
by BrosGrimmGrower
This stuff is still going? Heehee
The drama was nuts. But we all grew up.

Miss you guys and gals. It was fun.

Best,

J

Thanks for the kind words, prawn, top.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:13 pm
by bentech
last couple months
im catching a smoke a week
so recently, im freaked out
for a couple days
went by a friend who had dab for the vape pen
got to stoned to drive
so i walked home

feels about even

thanks for the tolerance
ben

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:54 pm
by Freakalicious
Roots wrote:....and there's pics of my balls there before they started getting grey hairs.....I miss those young balls.
pic of my penis with ketchup and mustard as well

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:31 pm
by MadMoonMan
Rule #6: Never give that you expect to get back or loan your power tools to your neighbor.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:58 pm
by MadMoonMan
oh and Rule #2 Don't stab and shoot anyone in the back of the head and leave them laying in an alley unless you are sure they are dead.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:00 am
by MadMoonMan
As in reason why screw ups like Ryan "de Salsa" Bob and Screwy "Chattering Teeth" Ferguson are no longer amongst us.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm
by Peace Pipe
Gad sighting: https://overgrow.com/users/gadabout/activity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:38 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Admit it, that's your troll account there.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:08 pm
by Peace Pipe
Nah it ain't, but I wish I would'a thought of it first.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 pm
by MadMoonMan
If you spell Gad backwards you get daG.

therefore

As I heard a preacher say. that live spelled backwards was evil

so GOD is a dog?

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 pm
by MadMoonMan
Whoa man. i just .. wait let me toke a moment on this ..

... whisps... burmese kush... in small w ater pipe with no water.

hang on let me take another hit.

ok it just hit me that

GAD AND DAG ARE SYNONYMOUS AS IN LIKE

ADG AND ADG OR DGA AND DGA YOU CAN ORGANIZE THEM IN ANY ORDER YOU WANT ITS CIRCULAR!!!

GET IT .. CIRCULAR IS ETERNAL!

THE LETTERS OF HIS NAME CAN BE ARRANGED IN ANY ORDER AND THEY ALWAYS MATCH.

oops sorry.. turns caps off.. anyway that means.

Gad and Dag are the same person using false names.

So, what is Gad up to?

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:20 am
by Freakalicious
If that was true than my dog would be god