Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: stoogebuster
Received Karma : 1 time

Marc Emery Gets Five Years in Prison

Post by edge »

by Joseph Klare [contact]
Mon, Sep 13, 2010 4:39 pm

The "Prince of Pot," Marc Emery, has been sentenced to five years in United States prison under the terms of his plea agreement.

Marc was given his sentence in a federal courthouse in Seattle, WA on Friday. Arrested by Vancouver police in 2005 at the behest of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Marc was accused by U.S. authorities of being one of the foremost drug dealers in the world because of his pot seed-selling business.

After years of fighting extradition from his home country of Canada, Marc relented last year so that his co-defendants would not be charged in the United States. Marc's supporters are now trying to get him moved to Canada so that he may serve his sentence closer to home.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 185 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Yeah I still wonder how Emery can land his ass in prison, yet RC walks for essentially the same thing? I recognize the RC wasn't as outspoken as Emery but it doesn't make sense at all!
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

edge
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by edge »

^ Agreed. But it had to be that Emery was a lying piece of shit about the hows and whys of his persecution.

Prince of Pot/Robin Hoood/ Martyr....Or just a dumbass.

http://www.edgetown.org/Cannabis-Capitalists.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

smokebreaks wrote:Yeah I still wonder how Emery can land his ass in prison,
that'll be all those packs of bunk seeds I guess..................... :smoke:

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

Marc was just too political,he was embarrassing the wrong people. RC lawyered up.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edge
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by edge »

Hax wrote:Marc was just too political,he was embarrassing the wrong people. RC lawyered up.
He went beyond political when he was conducting PR campaigns in the US that said:

"I paid $350,000 in taxes [1995] last year! The government is serious about money, not prohibition. I'm just supplying a demand, like any other businessman." Wall Street Journal

"Once you buy my seeds, you're in business. A person could make $100,000 a year by buying my seeds, and growing and distributing the plants." - Wall Street Journal & National Enquirer.

They beat him down ever since those first several raids on HempBC and he never really succeeded politically since.

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

Marc's carny barker hucksterism was taken by the DEA and DOJ as political theater even if its intent was always primarily self promotional.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

messy slob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by messy slob »

RC had more $$$$

U$ Ju$tice

and

Canadian Ju$tice probably work the same way
Despite their superficial differences, both parties fervently agree on the crucial importance of making life easier for apex predators.

ninjacloakd
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: ~Trolling for Truth~

Post by ninjacloakd »

edge wrote:Prince of Pot/Robin Hoood/ Martyr....Or just a dumbass.
.... just a dumbass tryin' to make the movement work for him. :smoke:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Post by rSin »

funny,
he didnt try to invade overgrow, back when it would have been so easy for him IF he was so out for himself as you suggest...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.