Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Mothers Penis wrote:
I am, however, aware of a cool DIY that's just the ticket. Get, find, buy, beg, borrow, steal (joking on the stealing bit :winky:) a water cooler....the vertical kind you find in offices that you load the bottle on top of. Make sure it is the cooling type and not just a room-temperature water dispenser--normally the ones that heat water also cool it too. Then you take the cooling mechanism out of it and use that in your system...directly in your reservior. I've seen them for as little as $30usd on craigslist....sometimes free IF you have time and keep an eye out for them long enough.
This is brilliant ! The kind of answer I was hoping for : a do it yourself affordable yet efficient solution for a water chiller !! That is right up my lane , I always build myself the most that I can for my grow rooms , build my own Ebb&Flow table and RDWC system , also a carbon scrubber (that I need to work on , it did cut about 50% of the smell tho) ...

I got a buddy that is a genius in electronics and electricity , he did my humidistat , tempstat and my grow room electrical board where I can plug up to 6000 watts (half on 110 volts and half on 220 volts) that is controlled by a 3.50$ timer ... And he charges me a 3rd at most of what it would cost at the grow shop .

I've always said grow shops where good for ferts and lights , but great for ideas on how to copy there systems with a DIY plan at a fraction of there cost .

So thx a million time for that tip , I've been roaming and lurking the net for a few months now in search of that kind of answer .

Not only you take care Whab , but stay safe , free and healthy and may your familly be bless for 7 generations with love , health , happiness and prosperity .
It wasn't my idea, so I can't take credit. I saw it on another site that I can't remember now :p, but I did remember it.

I only know of it because I was going to go that route IF I needed a chiller as the $350usd and up is definitely a cost I wasn't keen on taking on.

It sounds like your buddy built one of those $800usd environment controllers....you got a great deal.

Others successful ideas is one way to get a great working idea for your own :winky:

Yeah, I just looked for a DIY thread and found one, but I'm not a member so I can't see the pix they're trying to show....but it seems and sounds to be exactly what we're talking about. Are you a member of Breedbay.co.uk?

Here's the link if you are...

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/hydrop ... iller.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you, Mother...for all the kind words....I'm am truly pleased that I could help you.

:rollitiup:

Thanks again, and I reciprocate fully, Mother!,
WHAB

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by roller24 »

The ghetto cooler was my thread.
http://www.planetganja.net/Forums/topic/298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx Roller , those pics will come in handy .
May the Penis be with you .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

roller24 wrote:The ghetto cooler was my thread.
http://www.planetganja.net/Forums/topic/298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey there, roller :wave: I tried to respond Friday morning but my modem took a lightening strike :pullhair:

That's what we're talking about!

It looks like you setting that place (pg.net) to not come up in a search is working, cause I checked out at least two dozen search results and it didn't come up :winky:

The one I had seen they took the system apart and actually dropped the copper tubing that's wrapped around that "cooling chamber" straight into the reservoir though....so a little differently applied, but exactly the same concept.

How is yours working out for you, roller? And, how come you didn't drop the copper tubing wrap into your reservoir like the one I'm trying to explain?

Thanks for the information and the link, brother!

Take care, roller!,
WHAB

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by roller24 »

I didn't see that one. Just did the simplest setup that came to mind, although I like the concept of the coils in the rez. but I do get the double benefit of circulation.

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

So I'm at 12 days into flowering and I still cant get the ferts straight with Optimum Hydroponix A+B , it's either too low or too high ... fuck it , tomorrow I'm buying and switching for GH and Lucas formula ... ... Unless maybe Sun can come out and share his new and improved formula ?? ... I'll hold my breath while waiting ...

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:So I'm at 12 days into flowering and I still cant get the ferts straight with Optimum Hydroponix A+B , it's either too low or too high ... fuck it , tomorrow I'm buying and switching for GH and Lucas formula ... ... Unless maybe Sun can come out and share his new and improved formula ?? ... I'll hold my breath while waiting ...
IF your mix is too high, Mother, you just add more water to it to bring it down to where you want it. I used a one part nutrient and never had any problems like that, luckily.

How's it going with the nutrient temp issue? Were you able to find yourself a "water cooler"?

Take care, Mother!,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Hey Whab !

My nute mix is all fucked up , either they yellow up or they burn ... what is that nutrient you use in (R)DWC) ??

My water temp are now ok since weather gets cold night now ... I did found a "ghetto water chiller" for free but it wont be needed until next June .
I did get pythium and I'm experimenting Virkon to control it , so far so good , I do find Virkon to work better then plain H2o2 ...

Most likely this crop will end into hash making and compost ... cant wait to start up fresh with the Luca Formula . Oh well live and learn eh ?

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:Hey Whab !

My nute mix is all fucked up , either they yellow up or they burn ... what is that nutrient you use in (R)DWC) ??

My water temp are now ok since weather gets cold night now ... I did found a "ghetto water chiller" for free but it wont be needed until next June .
I did get pythium and I'm experimenting Virkon to control it , so far so good , I do find Virkon to work better then plain H2o2 ...

Most likely this crop will end into hash making and compost ... cant wait to start up fresh with the Luca Formula . Oh well live and learn eh ?
I used Supernatural Brand Powder Nutrients.

Here is a description offered at one site...
Supernatural Brand Powder Nutrients are a revolutionary one part nutrient system. They contain pharmaceutical grade vitamin B-1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride), and the highest quality source salts and minerals. These powders are actually more like dust in their consistency as they are turbo milled and chelated to homogenize and blend. They are fast dissolving in room temperature water and are treated with a dye so you know when there is nutrient present. These powders are pH Smart© and will buffer your water to the correct pH for maximum absorption of nutrient. The powders are buffered differently for aeroponics, hydroponic or soilless based growth systems. The soilless mix powders called "Terra" are buffered slightly less and have a higher salt and mineral content than the "Aqua" which are designed specifically for hydroponics. The "Aero" blends are made specifically for use in growing systems where there is no substrate or media as it contains ammonia free nitrogen. Use the correct product for your system.
And, just to be clear, I used it in WaterFarms and Ebb&Flo, but it shouldn't matter just as long as it's hydro.

I'm glad to hear your temps have moderated and am quite pleased you found a "free" "chiller"....that's great news....at least you'll be prepared when you need it next time :tup:

You're just 12 days into flower, so there is plenty of time remaining to save it. Hydro is quite forgiving and you'll notice results from any changes you make much quicker than in non-hydro....but there's nothing wrong with making hash out of it either :toker1:

Live and learn, indeed :winky:

:rollitiup:

Take care, Mother!,
WHAB

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by roller24 »

I use the GH 3 part, always have. I found if you use a slightly weakened formula from the label instructions, the plants do very well.
If I use full strength, then the plants do well, but with a slight tip burn, which is not uncommon in Hydro.

Also, Ive had great success with Super Thrive to help revive the root damaged plants.