Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Sun »

3 part at 1/3 strength
Pro Tekt at full
Cal-Mag at full
B'cuzz bloom or flower at full
PH up or down...not very important, got to figure that one out on your own, I would start off with no PH for veg and maybe 10-20 drops up for flower

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx Sun , same formula for vegetative and blooming stage or is that only for blooming ??
May the Penis be with you .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

How's things going, Mother?

I can't help with those recipes, sorry....I would have piped in if I could have...

I hope all is well with the ladies and you!

:rollitiup:

:wave:,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx for asking Whab .

Well this crop end up to be the worst I ever done , harvesting only 6 oz ... I did lots of mistakes on it , but I did learn from them .
1st mistake was to start a RDWC in summer with no water chiller ... I did manage to control the pythium a bit with Virkon , but it wasn't enough .
2nd mistake , and that was a real stupid one , was to take my water level measurements in one room , then move the system in another room without rechecking the water level .. So my 30L mark that was leaving a 2 inch air gap in the 1st room wined up to be 40L with no air gap in the 2nd room ...
And my 3rd mistake was trying to experiment with my old ferts. when I should of just go with a proven and tested formula (Lucas) .

So now I got 2 new clones in my small bubbler under fluros waiting to go in the RDWC under the HIDs , got the right ferts. with the right formula , done lots of reading (Ask Lucas) that helped demystify a few question I had , got my water level marks in check at 10L , 15L , 20L , 25L and 30L also the high temps are not a problem anymore , in fact we are suppose to have our 1st snow at Halloween .

Hopefully I will not fuck-up the next one ... The 6oz I've done is still very tasteful and potent , and more then enough to last me until the next harvest since I only smoke about 10-14 grams per month .

Keep it fun and safe .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Mothers Penis wrote:Thx for asking Whab .

Well this crop end up to be the worst I ever done , harvesting only 6 oz ... I did lots of mistakes on it , but I did learn from them .
1st mistake was to start a RDWC in summer with no water chiller ... I did manage to control the pythium a bit with Virkon , but it wasn't enough .
2nd mistake , and that was a real stupid one , was to take my water level measurements in one room , then move the system in another room without rechecking the water level .. So my 30L mark that was leaving a 2 inch air gap in the 1st room wined up to be 40L with no air gap in the 2nd room ...
And my 3rd mistake was trying to experiment with my old ferts. when I should of just go with a proven and tested formula (Lucas) .

So now I got 2 new clones in my small bubbler under fluros waiting to go in the RDWC under the HIDs , got the right ferts. with the right formula , done lots of reading (Ask Lucas) that helped demystify a few question I had , got my water level marks in check at 10L , 15L , 20L , 25L and 30L also the high temps are not a problem anymore , in fact we are suppose to have our 1st snow at Halloween .

Hopefully I will not fuck-up the next one ... The 6oz I've done is still very tasteful and potent , and more then enough to last me until the next harvest since I only smoke about 10-14 grams per month .

Keep it fun and safe .
With the issues you've described 6oz sounds like a success to me :smile: Visible marks for fluid levels is a great idea.

And, yay! Winter....I like Winter :smoke:

I'm sure you'll do better with what you've learned :toker1: I'm very glad you've got something plentiful and tasty to hold you over till your next harvest. I hope you'll let us in on it so maybe others can observe and learn

Would you mind posting your formula (Lucas)? If you feel comfortable with the formula I'd like to put it in the Charts and Schedules thread I made. It might help others.

All the best, Mother! :bonghitter:

Take care :wave:,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Lucas Formula with General Hydroponics Flora Series :

The numbers indicates the amount of milliliters of Grow , Micro and Bloom to add to 1 gallon (US Liquid)
G-M-B
0-5-10 : under low intensity lights (fluros)
0-8-16 : under HIDs lights (HPS/MH)

There is no need for Grow since there's enough Nitrogen in the Micro .

I personally like to add Potassium Silicate to the formula:
DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF SILICON NUTRITION IN YOUR PLANTS!

Potassium Silicate is an easy to use liquid that provides supplemental potassium (3.7%) and silicon (7.8%). The latest research proves that plants benefit in many important ways from supplemental soluble silicon. These benefits include greater tolerance of environmental stresses, such as cold, heat, drought, salinity, mineral toxicity or deficiency, improved growth rates and resistance to insects and fungi. Soluble silicon promotes natural fungal defense mechanisms in plants, significantly reducing and , in many cases eliminating entirely, the need to use fungicides. Silicon deposited in epidermal cell walls makes plants resistant to small sucking insects. The resulting increased mechanical strength in epidermal cell walls enhances leaf presentation a nd stem strength. Soluble silicon enhances metabolic functions and improves pollen fertility, fruit and flower count.

SILICON INCREASES RESISTANCE TO PATHOGENS
Silicon deposition in the epidermal cells of plants act as a barrier against penetration of invading fungi such as powdery mildew and Pythium. Following a fungal infection, greater deposits of silicon are found around the affected plant tissue showing th at silicon is selectively accumulated at the site. Silicon is also deposited in the cell walls of roots where it acts as a barrier against invasion of the stele by parasites and pathogens. Test conducted on cucumbers, melons and tomatoes determined that soluble silicon must be available to the plant during the period of infection by fungal spores. The silicon is deposited at the sites of infection to form stronger, harder cell walls to deter the fungus. Silicon also stimulates the production of polyph enolic compounds which form part of a plant’s natural defenses against fungal infection and insect attack. Silicon is rapidly bound in leaf tissue and will be deposited in a non-translocatable form within 24 hours. Therefore, a continuous source of solu ble silicon is very important to combat pathogens. This can be from constant feeding in hydroponics or from retention in the growing medium with soils or soilless mixes.

In some plants, foliar applications appear to lead to even lower rates of disease probably because deposits of silicon compounds on the leaf surface promote physical barriers to the infection process. Foliar sprays of soluble silicon have also been shown to be effective for control of aphids and other sucking insects on many plants. Epidermal cell walls containing silicon deposits act as a mechanical barrier to the styles and mandibles of sucking and biting insects. In addition to the silicate deposits in the leaves, the intracellular content of silicic acid also acts as an effective sap sucking inhibitor for many insects.

SILICON INCREASES METABOLIC RATES AND STRESS RESISTANCE
Research shows that silicon benefits plants in the following ways:

* improved resistance to wilt
* resistance to water stress (heat and drought)
* enhanced leaf presentation resulting in improved light interception
* enhanced reproductive growth
* increased tolerance of excessive phosphorus, manganese, sodium and aluminum concentrations, zinc deficiencies and cold temperatures

Silicon, deposited in the cell walls, forms a protective layer reducing transpiration through the outer cells. Silicon deposits in the cell walls of xylem vessels prevent compression of the vessels under conditions of high transpiration caused by drought or heat stress. Temperatures much above 90 degrees Fahrenheit cause plants to virtually cease their metabolic functions because water is lost through transpiration faster than it can be replaced via the plant’s root system. This results in harmful incr eases in intracellular mineral concentrations that inhibit plant functions. Increased levels of silicon in cell walls reduce transpiration loss caused by higher temperatures thus allowing continued metabolic functions at higher temperatures. Plants wilt less, resist sunburn and are generally more tolerant of heat stresses. Cuttings and plugs are more tolerant of the stresses encountered during root formation and potting up as a result of decreased transpiration.

Silicon has also been shown to result in higher concentrations of chlorophyll per unit area of leaf tissue. This means that a plant is able to tolerate both lower and higher light levels by using more of the available light. Moreover, supplemental level s of soluble silicon have been shown to produce higher concentrations of the enzyme RUBP carboxylase in leaf tissue. This exzyme regulates the metabolism of carbon dioxide and enables the plant to make more efficient use of available levels of CO2.

Silicon deficiencies often are indicated by malformation of young leaves and a failure of pollination and fruit formation in many cases. Plants with silicon added to the nutrient formula also show a decrease in leaf and flower senescence. The shelf life of cut flowers, specialty pot crops and plugs is also extended. Leaves are thicker and darker green compared to those grown without soluble silicon.
http://www.solarhydroponics.com/tips/tips0499.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Sun »

Thats why I use Pro Tekt....What about your Cal-Mag-Iron...?

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

The cal-mag-iron are in the FloraMicro (Cal:5% , Mag:0.050% , Iron:0.100%) , you thing that's not enough ?

The Potassium Silicate I bought is 100% pure , you only need 5ml per 20 L and it only cost 25$ for 1L . The stuff is so thick you need to really pull to fill the syringe . Is the Pro Tekt also pure or do they add something else then Potassium Silicate ? When I read that you needed to add 2ml per 1L of the Advance Nutrients Rhino Skin Potassium Silicate I thought it was a rip off , I dont even know how much AN sells there Rhino Skin for , but like most there product I'm pretty sure it's expensive .

Also have you ever tried Potassium Silicate in foliar spray while in vegetative stage ? What's your take on it ??

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Sun »

I thought for Lucas you added epsom salt for Cal and Mag...?

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Doesn't seem so ... There's lots of misinformation about Lucas Formula on the net . The 1st one that is copied and paste on most site and that got me confused at first is that there's a dosage for veg and another one for bloom , when in fact the dosages are different for weaker lights/HIDs .

That is why I recommend you read the Ask Lucas thread , it's a good read with interesting Q&A from the man himself.

http://www.cannabis-world.org/cw/showthread.php?t=892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out post number 7 :
... ...the TDS of the additives alone is not enough to tell you what the nutrient value of the additives is. For example, both Sweet and Cal Mag contain epsom salts, which provides Magnesium (Mg). Why are you using those? Flora Nova, unlike Bottanicare nutrients like PBP, is rich in Mg without need for adding more epsom salt.

And btw, too much epsom salt will kill your plants.... .... ..
Post number 4 :
... ... I dont have a weaker formula for veg.. The only time I use weaker nutes is under fluorescent lights. ... ...