Page 1 of 1

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:21 am
by Sun&Dirt
This will be my grow thread for the summer...I have three different plots with many different strains

First plot has one of each.

Casey Jones
Bubba Cheese
Purple Cheese
Scarlet Fire
Purple Disel
Lake Haze

2nd plot is still being planted but already has in the ground

Cheese
3 Lake Haze
2 Blue Dream
Purple Kush
and 6 more to come

3rd plot isn't started yet but will be 4-6 100 gallon smart pots. Have many different strains to choose from in 3 gallon pots at the first plot.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 am
by roller24
I cant wait for grow report.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:51 pm
by Sun&Dirt
Then wait no longer.

Went outside today and they're bigger then yesterday, crazy I tell you.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:59 pm
by sockme
^^^ FIBBER? Where are the pics?

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:00 pm
by Cric
well, are you gonna post some pics...or just keep talking shit? :p

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm
by Sun&Dirt
You've seen one pic of a 3' tall plant in veg, you've seen them all.

One good thing about this year is I've figured out how to get rid of the thrips that were shitting all over the leafs of the plants in plot #1 for the past two years

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm
by Cric
mine are about 4' :p

i've always had trouble w/thrips. what did you do?

hmmm...they're not as bad this year, yet. wonder why...

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:14 pm
by Sun&Dirt
Do you have the kind that when you water the soil they start jumping around in the soil...?

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:37 pm
by Sun&Dirt
Heres a pic of the Bubba Cheese in plot 1 and some of the babys I have at plot 1 that should all be in holes or bags at different plots in the next 5 days

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm
by Cric
Sun&Dirt wrote:Do you have the kind that when you water the soil they start jumping around in the soil...?
nope, never seen them in the soil.

your plants look nice and healthy!

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 am
by Sun&Dirt
The ones I have start off as babys in the soil and as they turn to adults they move up to the leafs, the only way I can even see them in the soil is when I water, right when the water disappears into the groud they start jumping....The adults don't reallt slow anything down but they do shit on the leafs and that turns me off from making hash or even smoking the buds.

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 am
by Merry
I think lilmom had thrips in her soil... when she watered she would see them jumping.... I'm not sure if she used mosquito dunks to get rid of them.... I know the dunks were talked about but not sure if they were the solution .... I'll try to find out

The plants look great... I wish I could grow outside...

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:23 am
by Dunza Ranks
Sun&Dirt wrote:One good thing about this year is I've figured out how to get rid of the thrips....
how....?
i got the same thing. when watering i got em bouncing all over the place in the coco, then they move up the plant an make it all ugly......... :puke:

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 am
by Butcher Bob
When I had thrips indoors, I used a Pyrethrum fogger one time, and they were gone....so a pyrethrin based spray might work as well. Also, if yer seein 'em in/on yer soil, Diatomateous Earth will work as well.

Lookin forward to seein the garden grow. :)

Don't hate!

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:28 am
by roller24
place aluminum foil around base to cover the soil.
THis confuses the little thrips and they don't know where to lay eggs.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:57 pm
by Sun&Dirt
The thing about Diatomateous Earth is if you put it in a place that gets wet it only works for a few days...What I've been doing is using some stuff called Pest Out by Safer Grow, I use it in my own way, it says to spray it on the plants but I use it more like a drench...I put it in a gallon size sprayer and spray the top layer of the soil real good, no need to really drench the soil...I havn't seen a single thing moving in the soil since I've been doing this.....I also like always neem the plants about once every 2-3 weeks when in veg just to be safe.

Been busting my ass at the second plot today, it's only going to have 10 plants but they're all in the ground...8 in holes and 2 in 100 gallon smart pots...I'll take pics of that spot soon

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm
by Cric
Merry wrote:I think lilmom had thrips in her soil... when she watered she would see them jumping.... I'm not sure if she used mosquito dunks to get rid of them.... I know the dunks were talked about but not sure if they were the solution .... I'll try to find out

The plants look great... I wish I could grow outside...

lilma had springtails. pretty sure she did use the mosquito dunks...

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 pm
by Sun&Dirt
It's been about 120 hours, give or take since I took the last pic of the Bubba Cheese. You can use the cage for reference.
The other pic is plot 1, it has about 30-40 days of veg left before it goes into full bloom.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:16 pm
by roller24
they about 3lbs a bush harvest?

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:36 pm
by Sun&Dirt
I'll be happy if I avg 2 but sure some will go way over 3...what matters more is that 1 or more of the 5 new strains I've never smoked on in this plot will satisfy my unquenchable need for tasty smoke.....I'm bored with my current stash.

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:47 pm
by Sun
Monday two weeks ago, then Monday today...same two plants

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:10 pm
by randude
Nice Garden.

What do you do there when you get the fall rains?

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:24 pm
by Sun
Hope for no fall rains......if it rains it rains, as long as theres no period of time were it goes 2-3 days with no sun theres little worry of bud rot....the cages are my first line of defense from the plant hitting the dirt when they get heavy from rain, I'll spend hours tying branches up.

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm
by randude
Sun, I think I know a bit about where you are, but you may be protected. I have never spent a winter in that part of the country.

My friends in Mt Shasta/Dunsmuir had a lot of rain in November last year and had to build a plastic cover to protect them.

Outdoor is SO frustrating. If you live in an arid climate you have to water all the time and the only thing that is green to the flybys is the weed that is watered and the stuff in places that is not arid you have fall rains. The really big crops cannot be covered and have to be harvested way too early. It is so frustrating. I love the sun.

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:00 pm
by Hax
Much less likely to see extended periods of Fall rain there than Shasta.

Still doin' the SSH?

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:02 pm
by Sun
Still have the SSH....on the right hand bottom corner

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:07 pm
by randude
Looks great.

My poor garden is nothing but some cuttings in a bubble cloner.

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 pm
by Cric
very nice, as usual. i can't imagine being able to grow trees like you do!

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:18 pm
by PassionForMaryJane
Your plants are beautiful Sun, I cannot wait till the day I can grow monster trees outdoors!!!!

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm
by Sun
To me a monster tree would be 10+ pounds, these are just baby trees.....I should have had some monsters over at plot#2 but my buddy is very lazy and thinks if a plant is looking green he's doing his job, I've took over all work at the second plot and am starting to bush things out over there, pushing them to the max in these last few weeks of veg...I'll bring the camera over there in a day or two.

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 pm
by Cric
so what are you doing to max them out?

Don't hate!

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:34 pm
by Sun
Lots of water, rocket fuels and getting rid of sucker growth....I had 3 big haze plants, one stayed here and the other two bigger ones went to plot 2, I now have the biggest of the 3 here.....I'm hoping my Blue Dreams over there turn into monsters, next few weeks will tell.

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm
by Sun
Plot 2......Just got it's heaviest feeding of the year.

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 pm
by randude
I see you guys use straw. It seems regional.

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:26 pm
by Sun
No we don't, thats just us being lazy on clean up...should have seen it before I took full control.

Don't hate!

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:35 pm
by Cric
Sun wrote:Lots of water, rocket fuels and getting rid of sucker growth....I had 3 big haze plants, one stayed here and the other two bigger ones went to plot 2, I now have the biggest of the 3 here.....I'm hoping my Blue Dreams over there turn into monsters, next few weeks will tell.

yeah, i've been doing the same. what kind of rocket fuel do you use? blue dream sounds very interesting...

Don't hate!

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:40 am
by ~Burnt-Bottom~
with all that space and great climate you dont have much to show for yourself juice... :facepalm:

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:26 pm
by Roots
This year I’ve moved away from liquid fertilizers.

I’ll go take some pictures of the other plot in a few hours.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:59 pm
by Roots
The other spot.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 pm
by Lrus007
looks great nice job.
glad i am not trimming that much whew.
Lrus007

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:52 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Typical high-end California grow, looks nice.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 pm
by Oldjoints
Looks well planned and executed... kudo’s!

Don't hate!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm
by bentech
must be quite a bardini hill of spent soil somewhere...

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:25 am
by Roots
bentech wrote:must be quite a bardini hill of spent soil somewhere...

The past few years I’ve been working on recipes to recondition soil, I actually had to dip into my neighbors old soil this year.....Startup was a 1/4 of the price this year....feeding 1/2 the price.

I’m thinking about buying a gallon or two of rocket fuel liquid nutrients to do side by sides on a few of the strains I know will be head stash such as the two Diamond OGs I’m growing.

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to liquid fertilizers for veg...flowering is to be determined.

Don't hate!

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:14 pm
by bentech
you should do a side by side of mycelium added to whatever you close in on...

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:05 pm
by Roots
I add mycorrhizal fungi and have mushrooms growing all over.

Just scored some THC-A diamonds to smoke on.

Don't hate!

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:50 pm
by Roots
Think I’ll add a bit of distillate to the diamonds.