Another spider mite question...

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

spray the area with water and alcohol (hic)

liberally

before setting your area up

hic...

and remember...

ummm spring is a long way off from here but they being bugs
don't know that.

Take advantage of your enemies weakness. They being stupid brainless bugs.

We need to find ways to outsmart them.

REMEMBER! They are sneaky and will lie.

or since bugs can't talk they will camo flage hide they asses and or shellls

remember your a humand being and their is a way to outsmart these creeping bastard hordes!
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

They will come in. When I see them on my plants I pulls them off. Key is controlling them when they do show up for your indoor show.

My biggest problems with spider mites are in the clone vegging area.

They like the dieing leaves which I'm neglectant to clip away.
lazy me.

ho hum

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

uh oh h.. thats shits sticckkin to my fin.jjers

smithsutton
needs karma
Custom Title: tree growa

Post by smithsutton »

humm .. heres my 2 cents .. long time frind and growa tried everything there was out there .. the only way 2 truly get rid of mites is to tear down and nuke then clean and mop and so on then get the bug man to nuke all of the area surrounding .. those buggers will not die untill u stop growing and drop a bomb or twenty .. i personally never had such a prob because i nuke before every grow and in between .. hell ive see peeps have to move because of mites ..

peez ..

ss ..

Legion
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: eDude

Post by Legion »

my .02 is that you need to adopt an regime of treatment. Best I heard was 4 sprays of pyrethrin 4 days apart. Spray, wait for eggs to hatch then spray before they breed, wait for more eggs, spray, wait then spray again. If it takes a mite egg 3-5 days to hatch and they reaching breeding age in 3-5 days you have to break that cycle and never let them get old enough to breed. Also, if they are small and or not in flower I get floramite and be done with it.

Someone said they get them from outside.. Well my advice would be to spray outside too if you can. Good pest control starts at your property line if you ask me.

If you got it from outside then you're lucky those guys are soft. In some circles people have gotten what's know as the mendo super mite. It laughs are most everything to try. The garden variety are not fun but you have a fighting chance with those.

It's like cancer if you got it you're more likely to get it again unless you make some changes.

BTW HEY EVERYONE!!! :crazy:

Jolly Roger
good karma
good karma

Post by Jolly Roger »

with your miticide, i.e Floramite, Avid, Forbid, I'd recommend adding not too expensive Stirrup M which is a very effective sex attractant which will help cover any missed leaf areas. See Rosemania for example.
Thank God for Beer, Football, and Women :pirate:

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

I used neem oil when I got a re-infestation, and it seems to have done the trick.
Three sprayings, three days apart and they all appear to be gone.

5 teaspoons of pure neem oil with a teaspoon of detergent in a gallon of warm water is the mix I used.

It says on the information sheet that came with it that the solution can be used as a root-drench, too, and acts systemically.
I'm a bit skeptical about that, but after trying it on a "tester" plant, I gave all the coco pots a good soaking, and it hasn't done them any harm, so......

Earl
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: 3/5th Old White Man
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by Earl »

LabRat wrote:My last 2 grows had the Borg which I had used some spray from WalMart. The spray was supposed to be "veggie safe" after a few days (and it didn't seem to kill me) but it didn't seem to really eradicate the little bastards much in my small closet grow (4' x 4'). I know all the proper poisons to kill them but I have this question: my closet and room have not had any kind of plants close to it since December--will that time, with nothing for them to eat, kill them? I'm getting low and need to set up and new grow--do I really absolutely need to get some STUFF (I forget the stuff that will eradicate them from eBay), or will time allow the little bastards to die off?
Also-they caught my babies when I sat my plants out in my outside veggie garden so I don't think they have any way to eat inside my house without a pot grow. Just wonder if they will die off if I let them die naturally.
Thanks! :rollitiup:
That amount of time did not stop them. They still showed up. I got weak/sick and did not grow for 2 years--no pot, NO plants at all in my house. Now, after 2 years, my second grow cycle has dots all over the leaves! I got my lens to take a look and it is the little red bastards! They seem to be able to live long--must be the eggs. I've ordered Avid on eBay--should be here Weds or Thurs. :pullhair:
My name is Earl.

Hey, Crabman!

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

soil?
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Earl
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: 3/5th Old White Man
Received Karma : 2 times

Post by Earl »

It was a new bag of Miracle Gro from WallyWorld.
My name is Earl.

Hey, Crabman!