Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

G13 anyone?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Ah, I'm not buying into the G13 hype, but I am interested in knowing what to look out for in a G13 pheno, just to see what it's like.

But I think I've found what I need on the Mr Nice site here: http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The two distinctive features that the G13 plant brings with it are a serrated edged leaf trait and an unusually healthy (almost glossy) green in the growing plant. If you are looking to find a plant that is used to the limelight, then this is your girl!
^ That's what I've just found. Out of about 12 seeds I have one male that looks completely different to the others. The leaves have large serrated edges, lots of fingers and the overall plant is a bright lime-green colour, whereas all the others have dark green/red/blue leaves that are spear-shaped with small serrations. I'll probably use the "G13" male to pollinate the females to see what comes out.

On a related note, I've discovered the male G13 Haze clone that was used in my cross is the same as Soma's and comes from some of Neville's old G13 Haze stock from the late 80s/early 90s. Apparently Soma was given 10 x G13 Haze seeds by Ed Rosenthal that were over 10 years old and only one of them hatched and it was a male. It was used to make all of Soma's G13 collection.
Licensed to Krill

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

G13 anyone?

Post by nobodyknew »

Never could get any of Soma's stuff to grow worth a damn...........
Hope you have better luck.... :bong4:
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

sockme

G13 anyone?

Post by sockme »

AROUND HERE SOMEONE COME BEAT YO BRAINS IN WITH A HAMMER WHILE YOU SLEEP FOR A JOINT
I WEAR A FUCKING HELMET ALMOST 24/7 LATELY SHITS HEAVY LOVE THE g IN ALL ITS OFFSPRING...ACTUALLY SHORT SORTA LEAFY OF GREEN,GREY,BLUE IS THE GOOD LEANING "G13" PHENOS YA LOOK FOR ITS NOT THE YEILD BUT THE POWER N TASTE!.... BLAM....DAH DUH....

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

G13 anyone?

Post by Prawn Connery »

nobodyknew wrote:Never could get any of Soma's stuff to grow worth a damn...........
They're not Soma seeds, but test seeds given to me by Luc at Paradise Seeds. He crossed the G13 Haze male (which is apparently a clone of the G13 Haze Soma used in his G13 Collection) with a couple of "mystery plants" labelled "15" and "16".

So I had two different crosses to work with. The 15 crosses look most promising, as half the 16s went hermy. It is a 15 male that appears to be the G13 pheno, with jagged leaves and lime-green appearance. It also has a very sticky/oily stem compared to the others, with a distinct funk about it.

I've never tried any of Soma's stuff - which ones didn't you have luck with?
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

G13 anyone?

Post by rSin »

did g13 get named after its leaf structure???
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

G13 anyone?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Nah, apparently it was bred by the Gub'ment - hence the "G" (Government weed) moniker. If you believe the fairtale, that is.
Licensed to Krill

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

G13 anyone?

Post by BAMF »

Low yeald but the head smashing brain ripping very affi-ish leavin me with heavy munchies... well I would say a 8.7 for the G cross I stumbled upon...

Thanks Man,,, Your Beautiful in every single way...

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

G13 anyone?

Post by nobodyknew »

Prawn Connery wrote:
nobodyknew wrote:Never could get any of Soma's stuff to grow worth a damn...........
They're not Soma seeds, but test seeds given to me by Luc at Paradise Seeds. He crossed the G13 Haze male (which is apparently a clone of the G13 Haze Soma used in his G13 Collection) with a couple of "mystery plants" labelled "15" and "16".

So I had two different crosses to work with. The 15 crosses look most promising, as half the 16s went hermy. It is a 15 male that appears to be the G13 pheno, with jagged leaves and lime-green appearance. It also has a very sticky/oily stem compared to the others, with a distinct funk about it.

I've never tried any of Soma's stuff - which ones didn't you have luck with?
I didn't have any luck at all with his NYCD - out of 10 seeds only 3 popped and they were all boys - everything else I popped at the time came up no problems....
Then I tried the Soma A I think it was called - nada........
Then I tried the Lavender - out of 5 seeds I got 5 plants - 3 of them girls...... :shock:
Which - in spite of supposed to being mainly indica - grew like Jack's fucking beanstalk all the way past the lights up to the ceiling where it curved and grew most of the way back down again...........
I let it go just to see what would happen...... :whistle:
The smoke wasn't half bad tho - real nice taste and an acceptable high - wispy kind of buds - didn't look anything like the photo's he was showing - no colour to them to speak of but it gets very fucking hot here as you know....
Still got 5 Lavender seeds left..........
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

G13 anyone?

Post by MadMoonMan »

I grew pure sativas for about 4 years

Tested them everyway I could to see what they would do

I had something that looked like G13. Those broad leafs were unique.

I like all strains and enjoy taste testing and the thorough going. through testing them one by one.

Or all a t t once.

so
Lets begin.

Wednesday

um crap.. I turned on PBS by accident

um.. Wednesday

works for .. um... yes the idea of ..

"click"
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

G13 anyone?

Post by BAMF »

:roll: But how do you really feel MMM?