arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 78 times

Continuing Adventures in Hempy

Post by arb »

yer so silly,kindly define substrate and medium so I understand the context in which you type.
Vaya con Dios HB

Trees
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: loser without a cause

Post by Trees »

Is my name Noah..?

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by arb »

Do you want it to be?
Vaya con Dios HB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

Post by Mothers Penis »

Omfg ! .. Ok , 1st of all JF I'm sorry for the Hijack , it was not planed .

2nd ...Never mind medium , substrate ; lets call it the stuff that holds your roots and stalk ... Some of that stuff is dense and retain a shit load of water , like soil ... Some of that other stuff is light and dont retain much water like clay pellets , perlite (about 20 % water retaining ) ... So in hydro most of the water falls down in the bucket ... in hempy it seems you should keep a good 2 inches of water a the bottom of the bucket in all time ... in ebb & flow you need to set your pump to water many times a day to keep your root wet ... In Aeroponic root are dangling in air saturated with mist but it's still in tubes isolated from the light and heat ... And in soil you got those open buckets saturated with water just begging to evaporate .

PGGG , no need for a side to side , I grew for about 10 years indoors in ProMixBX with a average humidity of 70% ... since I switch to ebb & flow 10 years ago , using the same amount of HIDs my humidity drop to 30% , shit I even bought a humidifier to raise it to 40% .
May the Penis be with you .

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

Post by Mothers Penis »

Arb , what hold down the roots and stalk dont need to retain water has long has the roots are kept wet/humid ... also nutrients are in the water , not in what is holding down the plants ... And now you know the secret to The Hanging Gardens of Babylon .
May the Penis be with you .

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by arb »

Thanks mp,a simple answer was what I was looking for.
Vaya con Dios HB

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

arb wrote:Thanks mp,a simple answer was what I was looking for.
always looking for the simple answer, rn't u sickpuppy? :p ...how bout juicy's Mex, DDT cantaloupe? ...and he still doesn't know what the best white flesh nectarine is...sad.

Here, lemme me split this from the Hempy thread as it's more properly a digression split (ya know, Hax has problems w/being a wordsmith liberal version of WFBuckley, lol):

Substrates even UB can learn about :)

(back in a 2nd, w/link)
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 48 flower 250
I'm going to take these on Friday. Should take me about 5 hours to trim, clean, sterilize the perlite and get the next round in there. Even though the yield and high has been good there is something I don't feel is right about these chronics and I think it has to do with taking clones during flower a few cycles back. I'm happy to be able to skip a round and make some Chronic mothers and see if I can't get it back to better health.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 12 flower 400 watts
Just so I can remember where I am in the grow. Pretty even canopy this time it looks like. One in the back left is a bit small though.