Page 1 of 1

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 pm
by Antique Hippie
http://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/sh ... 405&page=2

Dman

Lightbulb Heaven's Stairway!
Heya folks!

Over 3 years now (Feb/06) and RC is still dukin' it out with the Canadian Fed's over a legit (read: paid taxes) biz operation.

He took advantage of the quasi-legal cannabis seed market based out of Canada, and now is in the fight of his life over it. Yet, in the here and now (2009) that exact same, quasi-legal biz he was doing...is now thriving in Canada!
Fukin' waste of everyones time, and especially...money!

Best of luck RC...know that some of us are still pullin' for ya my old friend!

------------------------------------------

http://www.cjad.com/news/565/925955

Hardened Internet marijuana dealer or enterprising entrepreneur?

Fri, 2009-05-08 16:54.
Shuyee Lee
The RCMP arrested him for exporting and importing marijuana seeds on the Web.

The Montreal man pleaded guilty.

But during his sentencing hearing, he insists it was all above board.

The RCMP says Montreal-based Heaven's Stairway got 30 orders a day, at 100 dollars per order, buying and selling seeds all over the world. It shut down the operations in 2006, seizing more than 200-thousand seeds, enough to suppy 500 greenhouses with 400 plants.

41-year-old Richard Hratch Bagdadlian had pleaded guilty to importing, exporting and possession of marijuana.

But Bagdadlian testified at his sentencing hearing he believes it was all legit: that he registered the company, hired as many as four workers, shipped his goods in a transparent fashion, filed tax returns, declaring gross revenues as much as 800-thousand dollars in one year alone, with about 150-thousand take home.

Bagdadlian used to fix cars but became disenchanted with the business. He says he got more interested in computers just on the cusp of the Internet craze, a friend suggesting the marijuana seed project.

The sentencing hearing resumes next week.

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:16 am
by Antique Hippie
Munchy wrote:oh you had already posted this on another thread... gee... thanks for the mention/link on your original thread...
before i had to go find it for myself :roll:
Sorry Munchy.:oops:

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:48 pm
by edge
What really sucks is that there was a lot of hard feelings toward RC that Schadenfreude creeps in and we lose sight of the overarching battle in re LEO and the community. Same could be said of many of the high profile cases, e.g. Marc, etc...

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm
by Gruendaum
edge wrote:What really sucks is that there was a lot of hard feelings toward RC that Schadenfreude creeps in and we lose sight of the overarching battle in re LEO and the community. Same could be said of many of the high profile cases, e.g. Marc, etc...
Much has changed in the online canna community but it seems that edge still has his head screwed on straight.

Hi Edge, AH.

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:55 am
by Gruendaum
booboy wrote:alot of those hard feelings came from the lack of information that was uttered or not uttered while OG was spinning out of control...the man provided us with a home and we were a part of it...nothing but good wishes for RC from this camp
Hey there, booboy... good to see you alive and kickin'!

I'm pretty torn here - my hard feelings go back to when RC snatched the server from Vancouver from ~S~, transferred it to Montreal and locked Shabang out. I have a feeling that Overgrow and CW would still be up and running if the server had stayed with shabang.

Oh well... in a sense it may have helped the movement, as OG/CW going down has spawned tons and tons of other cannabis sites. I'm just frustrated that all the work that I personally put in to give advice and share knowledge was lost... and that many contacts were lost... and that such a large knowledge base was lost.

What I am most angry about, however, is that governments are still wasting so much money and time persecuting cannabis-related "offenses" while we all/the world have far more pressing, existential problems that we need to be dealing with.

I recently read a study that came to the conclusion that in excess of 50% of prescription drugs would become unnecessary if cannabis were legal... I guess this pretty much makes it unequivocally clear which deep-pocketed corporations will do anything in their power to prevent the world's best medicine from becoming legal and who is ultimately responsible for the crimes being perpetrated against lovers of the good herb. And it also demonstrates at whom we should ultimately be angry.

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 am
by mindzai
good to see you back around, grun :tup:

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 am
by ben ttech
Gruendaum wrote: I recently read a study that came to the conclusion that in excess of 50% of prescription drugs would become unnecessary if cannabis were legal...

the same interest who have just told american their not allowed to extend health care to all their citizens via informing our represenatives whats not going anywhere...

they aint letting this plant out of the box ever...

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:04 pm
by Hax
Gruendaum wrote: I'm pretty torn here - my hard feelings go back to when RC snatched the server from Vancouver from ~S~, transferred it to Montreal and locked Shabang out. I have a feeling that Overgrow and CW would still be up and running if the server had stayed with shabang.
Knowing what I do now, I doubt either site would have survived long under ~S's continued control as he could neither delegate sufficient control to make his flakiness survivable longer term nor step out from behind the curtain which he would have inevitably had to in order to continue in charge and pay the bills. Which is why in the end ~S had no response to RC's grab, his only option was to retire the persona and let it go. Once RC grasped this, the sites were his for the taking.

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 pm
by PGs GossipGrrl™
The vast majority of people in the 'seedy business' are just that, RC & Gypmenot are the bottom of the barrel of the worst. Just common thugs, reprehensible characters. Dman and the rest of you (cept maybe AH) are a bunch of rose colored glasses, blinders on, dumbarses who want to believe in fairy tale goodness. jack herer, the infamous polyhybrid of dutch genetics? Well there you go, another poser, emperor's clothes indeed.

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 pm
by Sportster
And guess what GS, yer still a fukin' douch bag!!! :timeout:

so yeah there ya go, dumbass!!! :tup:

Who left the door open

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:18 pm
by Intrinsic
Saaay … Sprotz, aren’t ya a super mod are secret mod or super secret admin or sumptn' … of a forum fronted from a commercial seed selling operation?

Not saying goddess is Not a major douch bag , he is. Jes rambling you now have a conflict of interest in the seed wars, ya being part of the establishment now.

~peace Image

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:52 am
by Sportster
An honest question deserves an honest answer!! :wink:
Intrinsic wrote:Saaay … Sprotz, aren’t ya a super mod are secret mod or super secret admin or sumptn' … of a forum fronted from a commercial seed selling operation?
Yes and No...not a secret mod, just a "super" mod at a couple seed venue sites, but I have nothing to do with the biz, just the forums, like I've been doing for years....its no secret, never has been either!! :cool:
Intrinsic wrote:Not saying goddess is Not a major douch bag , he is. Jes rambling you now have a conflict of interest in the seed wars, ya being part of the establishment now.

~peace Image
Not sure where the "conflict of interest" lays....??? I think I've always had a pretty open mind about the seed wars, but I am not sure about the "playing" part......wanna fill me in on your thoughts about that??

Hope all is well on yer end my friend... :tup:

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 pm
by Jaybird
booboy wrote:alot of those hard feelings came from the lack of information that was uttered or not uttered while OG was spinning out of control...the man provided us with a home and we were a part of it...nothing but good wishes for RC from this camp

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:17 am
by Jesús Malverde
Hello!

This is LemonadeJoe - new admin of Overgrow.com... You are probably very surprised that I'm writing to you... I've got your email address because you registered on CannabisWorld.com since we have put it back online.

I'm one of original authors of http://www.grower.cz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest czech growers site since 2000 (30K+ members, 800K+ posts). We have started just few months after Overgrow and were strongly inspired by our "bigger brother".

You can verify it by pinging grower.cz, overgrow.com and cannabisworld.com are currently hosted on same machine. Try online ping http://ping.eu/ping/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was really dissapointed when things gone wrong with OG and its bust in 2006. My background is in domaining, programming and networks, so I've tried to monitor destiny of OG domains for long time. After 8 years it finally yielded its fruits (as RCMP released it) and I've bought domains in auction.

CW was not revived by black magic ;), but using archive.org (global internet archive). It was just quick idea to make it public again with original content. Unfortunately, some topics were recovered only in part and many photo attachments were missing. CannabisWorld should serve just as read-only historical archive of grow discussions.

I have more ambitious plans with OG... I'd like to rebuild site from the scratch. I don't have any connections to original OG crew (~shabang~ or ~RC~) so I don't have original forum database or source code. We have to work with what was made public after the bust - FAQs and Strainbase. Everything else has to be started from point zero (archive.org won't help us here). Few original OG members have contacted me since I acquired the domain and I count on them to help.

As you were one of the members registering on CW and shown interest in forums I just wanted to let you know. We are currently working on final customizations and will release OG soon online. It is now running in private-beta and together with friends from Grower.cz we are trying to fill forum with some initial topics.

If you were interested in helping us out with "populating" new Overgrow, please let me know. It is very much appreciated. We don't want to rush the release and we definitelly don't want to put it online empty as I think it would spoil the "surprise" moment.. I hope that with site at least partly filled we have chance to generate some momentum and get the ball rolling ;)..

New OG will be presented on fresh new and modern platform but with old school members in mind (Karma and GrowFAQs are in place and we plan to develop new Strainbase). It is my dream to see OG alive again and back in hands of mj community.

I'd love to know what you think about it...
Keep on growing, stay safe and lets overgrow the world!

- LemonadeJoe
:roll:

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:30 pm
by Butcher Bob
Several folks have gotten that.

"...because you registered on CannabisWorld.com since we have put it back online."

Looks like someone trying to cash in on the OG domain. :dunno:

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:29 am
by Jesús Malverde
Any legacy RC fans can support him by buying coffee from https://myriaderoasting.co/

Free shipping on orders of more than $50 CAD within Canada!

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:37 am
by Prawn Connery

Speaking of RC and OG

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:04 am
by nobodyknew
Coffee huh - and stone floors - how things change with the passage of time..