NameTaken's Second Grow.

Growing in electric sunshine
NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

Yes, you can Japan Freak, its just that all the dicks all over the place kinda freak me out. :scared:

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

Ok, so the three biggest plants are still definitely going downhill. They are light light green, and since I have been taking off all the leaves which are turning yellow and brown, they are looking kinda sparse, and they keep losing more and more leaves. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I have let the soil get bone dry, and just watered them again today, so there's no way its still the overwatering. For comparison is a blueberry (Indica) clone in the foreground of a few of the pictures, that has none of the problems of the other three. WHATS GOING ON?
Attachments
DSC00442.JPG
DSC00441.JPG
DSC00443.JPG

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

My best guess at this stage is a pH imbalance.
It looks as if you're having multiple problems with nutrient uptake on those plants. The purple stems often indicate a problem with phosphorous uptake (can be caused by cold temperatures or bad pH) and the leaf problems... well, to be honest I don't know, but I'd suspect magnesium and potassium uptake problems as well as the phosphorous.
It may be that the soil is just too rich.

Do you have any way of measuring the pH, either of the soil or of the runoff water?
A colour-changing soil test kit is a cheap & reasonably accurate way of checking.

(and was the soil bone dry all the way through?)

Unless your soil mix was different on the BB, or it's been treated differently in any other way, I can only conclude that it's less sensitive to the problem.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 335 times
Received Karma : 498 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by roller24 »

the tips of the BB are showing a slight downward curl.
You really need to test your moisture and ph.
for less than 10$, you should be able to get a cheap test kit.
the recovery process will take a bit longer under flouros.
the brown leaves should be left on as the plant may be using them as food, until your nutrient uptake is healed
watch the new growth for signs of health
To fix the PH, you need to let the entire pot get BONE DRY.
then PH your water to a level of around 5.5 - 6.0,
water ONCE with this and allow the pots to get BONE DRY
repeat. until a somewhat moist soil gives a proper ph reading of 5.8 - 6.5
I have trouble keeping my soil PH down and it likes to creep up to 7+, so I have to PH my water constantly.

although you can probe finger deep and feel dry, the bottom of the pots could still be soaking wet.
Plants will wilt when they want water, and curl down when too much water is present.
The roots are suffocating from inability to take in air.
If you must water, just put a 1/2 in in the drain pan and let the plants absorb from the pan.

Nobody here will be able to give you completely accurate help, if you cant measure your PH, so get the method of determining the ph, whether it be a soil test kit, or probe meter.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by Butcher Bob »

Dark red stems?...those sallies are stressed as fuk.

My first look would be temperature range. Is it too low?
Next I would evaluate air delivery. Are both ventilation & circulation adequate?
Then there's the whole usin fluros on sallies thing...not really enough fer them.

...just thoughts on things to look at.

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

HOLY SHIT!

I got a pH tester,a nd tested the soil: above 8.0!!!!!

Added one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per pot mixed in with about a liter of water. No wonder they were so stressed!!

How fast will the recovery be now that i have added vinegar? Should I keep testing and adding as needed?

Thanks for all your help guys!

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by Hax »

Use a good major brand prepackaged soil mix with time release non-organic ferts. DIY soil blending (if that's what's going on here) or organics are seldom a good idea until one has general gardening skills mastered. Only water container plants when they feel really, really, really light when picked up. Don't even bother feeling the soil, doing so is more likely to lead you wrong than to help. Watering more or too frequently even just a couple of times can irreversibly fuck up your soil. Underwatering is almost unheard of, and particularly so among people with little indoor growing experience. Almost all indoor growing errors can be traced to trying too hard.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 335 times
Received Karma : 498 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by roller24 »

^^^good advice^^^

JapanFreak

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by JapanFreak »

I still don't get the perlite on top.

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

JapanFreak wrote:I still don't get the perlite on top.
There is soil mixed with perlite underneath. The perlite layer on the top is to reflect light back up at the plants. White (perlite) reflects more light than black. (soil) It may not do much, but with a CFL, I'll take any extra light I can get.