MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 405 times
Received Karma : 257 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by ben ttech »

there is a manufacture who sells a red mulch to put on top of your soil to reflect a very specific wavelength of light back at the flowers...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by roller24 »

my next door neighbor uses red mulch in his yard
:evil:

Virginbudgrower
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Grower of Virgins

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by Virginbudgrower »

Lots of dicks waving around here. I would suggest some pics of them since l really like big ones:) If you gents don't mind I will add my two BOOBS worth;)

My opinion is pH. I'm hesitant to agree that you correctly performed the pH test. In order to get a good reading you need to leach the soil with water and test the water. However, I see that you have overwatered them so you would be scared to do that. Don't be. Just pour about 500 mils thru the soil and collect it and THEN test the water pH. If it is low the add lime, if it is high, add more water and flush those puppies out and then repot them, and use drier soil to soak up the excess water. It's important to get the pH right, or nothing else works right. The mangnesium will be leached out and then there will be no nitrogen uptake, causing the yellowing of the leaves. I have had this problem many times and it was only when I used common sense and flushed the buggers with water ( and tested for pH) did I regain some confidance. Hax is right, your trying too hard, but you learn that these girls like it a little rough, you can pinch the stems, and crush them and they come back stronger. You break (fim)the tops and they bush out. They thrive on neglect. Just remember, when in doubt, flush them out;) In another year from now, you'll be laughing:)

Spread the love. :toker1:
Last edited by Virginbudgrower on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Virginbudgrower
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Grower of Virgins

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by Virginbudgrower »

Well I editted that post above before anybody called me on the manganese instead of magnesium LOL Whew! Big difference. Let me tell you why I feel flushing and repotting perhaps the easiest method to salvation. (If in fact the pH is too low, which is generally the case with overwatering peat based soil especially.) Once the magnesium and other nutrients are locked out, they will precipitate back to their respective molecular form in a hydroxide form once the pH is is corrected. This is like having a snowstorm in a cup. All the crystals will form and conjeal and fill the intersticial spaces in the soil making for an inpenetrable clay like soil. Tiny particles that have been floc'd out will fill the gaps and the soil is relatively useless as a mediium after that. I have tried this technique of raising pH in cups of soil and the result is always the same, for any plant. It's the soil thats the problem. If you start with the wrong soil, it will compound your problem and peat is known for going acidic once overwatered. Most people think that if you get that far gone from overwatering then more water will be detrimental when in fact this is not true if you flush them back to neutral and repot to soak up the excess water.it is best that if you have treid to correct the pH in a cup/pot that you get rid of that soil now, it will just hold the water (and the ph problem with continue) and won't be flushable since the soil is now too compacted ( due to in situ -"cup" flocculation/precipitation) Hope that helps .

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

!!

Post by NameTaken »

Hey Guys!

Well I replanted them into bigger pots, got a bunch of pH testers, and added coffee grounds from the local coffee shop to lower the pH. I haven't posted any pics since the girls were looking pretty sorry, but they've definitely perked up with the replanting. Here are a couple of pics, it definitely was a pH problem, probably stemming from over watering. One of the big ones is basically dead, but the two other big ones are slowly recovering, and the two smaller ones are catching up, as they got hurt the least, since I didn't over water them as much. The pH is now stabilized around 6.5 ish.

Unfortunately, I only have until around May 20th to finish these plants, as I am moving out of state end of May. I hope this setback didn't ruin my chances of getting any smoke from these babies before I've gotta go.

Well here are the pictures!!!!

Oh and one more question. Will an Infrared light in the grow room cause them to try to flower even if I'm keeping the Fluorescent on 24/7? Will it help at all once I switch to 12/12 for flowering?

Thanks y'all!!
Attachments
DSC00451.JPG
DSC00453.JPG
DSC00452.JPG
DSC00442.JPG
DSC00450.JPG

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

Hey guys, I'm back!

No questions now, I'm starting to get the hang of this indoor stuff i think.

Here are some shots, they've have been in 12/12 for 1.5 weeks now.
Attachments
DSC00626.JPG
DSC00613.JPG
DSC00609.JPG
DSC00621.JPG

NameTaken
some karma
some karma

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by NameTaken »

5 weeks of flowering. This past week the hairs started browning up. That is separate from the trichomes turning amber, right? Should the hairs start getting brown so early?
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00751.JPG

Hal 9000
some karma
some karma
Has bestowed Karma : 126 times
Received Karma : 25 times

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by Hal 9000 »

That is separate from the trichomes turning amber, right?
Yes.

Should the hairs start getting brown so early?
yes, in that it is not usual for how nice the buds are filling out already. More flowers will come in.

jesus

NameTaken's Second Grow.

Post by jesus »

Thats a phosphorous deficiency caused by cold wet soil. Water less and give them some P. (first page)