Fox News Is The Most-Watched Network, Even By The Left! :-D

The arena for political discussions about current events
Little Kate Chaos
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Fox News: The Most Trusted News Source.

Post by Little Kate Chaos »

Not qualified to answer that without bias....But he took Iraq from the stone ages and modernised it in a very short amount of time...No one had TV's, phones, refrigerators, AC's or paved roads before he came along, by the end of his time those were all very common things.
You are joking right Juicey?? By the end of his time literacy and per capita income fell through the floor whilst infant mortality shot up in the 90's over the sanctions imposed after he took his people from one ill-advised war (Iran) straight in to another (the 1990 invasion of Kuwait).

Not to mention any political or social dissent was brutally repressed. There were no elections. Look what he did to the Shi'a Arabs in displacing 100's of 1000's to Iran, and the forced resettlement of the Marsh Arabs around Basrah and the Iraqi Kurds.

No sane person would want to live under a Saddam regime. The Iraqi's themselves welcomed the US/UK for the summer of 2003, no??

WHAB, you're taking the pee. Bush hid his intelligence extremely well. He remains a laughing stock around the world. A joke. "Playing most fair"....you're a funny chap. I need to do a quick rib check.

The war was sold to the UK public on the 45 minute claim, then Dr David Kelly and all that followed and then they found rusty out of use old shells. You sound like the police might after raiding your house and telling the world they found a cannabis farm when all they found was some yellow, old MJ leaves from a grow you had going years before in your shed.

Good to see admission that the whole WMD debacle was incompetence taken to new levels though. Fair one.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Sun wrote:
You'd prefer to live in the US over Saddam's Iraq any day, no??
Not qualified to answer that without bias....But he took Iraq from the stone ages and modernised it in a very short amount of time...No one had TV's, phones, refrigerators, AC's or paved roads before he came along, by the end of his time those were all very common things.
Everyone knows you're an idiot, but must you prove it at every opportunity? :facepalm:
1979-2003

"Iraqi TV" was the primary TV station in Iraq while Saddam Hussein was in power. Until the 2003 invasion of Iraq, its main coverage was patriotic music, government news and propaganda. It was bombed off the air in the 2003 invasion.

Another TV channel called Youth Channel (Qanaat Al-Shabaab) started broadcasting in 1994 and contained many subtitled movies and Western music before the 2003 invasion. Scenes of mature content were edited out of these movies, as to make them more suitable to the culture, community and age ranges of viewers.
Owning a tv means nothing if you're not free to chose what to view...

:oops:,
WHAB

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Sun »

You are joking right Juicey?? By the end of his time literacy and per capita income fell through the floor whilst infant mortality shot up in the 90's over the sanctions imposed after he took his people from one ill-advised war (Iran) straight in to another (the 1990 invasion of Kuwait).
Sanctions are fucking evil...Every death caused by sanctions are the fault of the people who imposed them...collectively punishing kids because of the actions of a few adults....get fucking real!....Pure imperialism!

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by Sun »

Owning a tv means nothing if you're not free to chose what to view
You ever heard of the FCC.

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by Sun »

Code: Select all

Not to mention any political or social dissent was brutally repressed. There were no elections. Look what he did to the Shi'a Arabs in displacing 100's of 1000's to Iran, and the forced resettlement of the Marsh Arabs around Basrah and the Iraqi Kurds.

And look what America did to Japan on a much larger scale.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Little Kate Chaos wrote:

No sane person would want to live under a Saddam regime. The Iraqi's themselves welcomed the US/UK for the summer of 2003, no??

WHAB, you're taking the pee. Bush hid his intelligence extremely well. He remains a laughing stock around the world. A joke. "Playing most fair"....you're a funny chap. I need to do a quick rib check.

The war was sold to the UK public on the 45 minute claim, then Dr David Kelly and all that followed and then they found rusty out of use old shells. You sound like the police might after raiding your house and telling the world they found a cannabis farm when all they found was some yellow, old MJ leaves from a grow you had going years before in your shed.

Good to see admission that the whole WMD debacle was incompetence taken to new levels though. Fair one.
Kate wrote:Bush hid his intelligence extremely well.
Had he paraded it you'd be berating him for that, Kate :facepalm:
Kate wrote:He remains a laughing stock around the world.
Maybe in your world, but he's actually regained respect here.
New poll shows George W. Bush Tops President Obama In Job Approval Ratings

By Trish LaMonte
December 08, 2010

According to a new Gallup Poll, more Americans think favorably of the job done by former President George W. Bush now than they did when he was in office.

When he left office in 2009, Bush's job approval rating was around 34 percent. The new poll, which asked people to retrospectively rate his performance, put Bush's approval rating at 47 percent. That's one point higher than current President Barack Obama's job approval rating in a Gallup Poll conducted the same week.

Bush's lowest job rating while in office was 25 percent in 2008.

"Obama’s stumbles and dimming public memories of Bush’s shortcomings appear to be helping fuel the more positive reassessment of him," writes Politico's James Hohmann.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... shs_j.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:wave:,
WHAB

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma

Post by Sun »

Then why did a civil war break out....I promise theres millions of Iraqis that wish they never heard of America, thousands and thousand that would still have their young boys and girls if they never heard of America....Shame on you for putting foot on their land.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Sun wrote:
Owning a tv means nothing if you're not free to chose what to view
You ever heard of the FCC.
Why? Do they know and are posting that you're an idiot, too?

:whistle:,
WHAB

Little Kate Chaos
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by Little Kate Chaos »

It's all evil and screwed up Juicey. All of it. On the grand scales nothing that has happened to Iraq is good or anything I would want even remotely or a fraction of to happen anywhere I lived. Saddam, the sanctions, the US-led invasion in 2003, the sectarianism since. All of it.

But to say Saddam was a good thing for the Iraqi people is not something many could agree with.

Paraded what WHAB?? Get real. He might appear stupidity personified and be laughed at and mocked all over the planet, but he's not that stupid. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath, let alone run a superpower. If I was a betting girl, which I'm not, I'd bet that he was not running the show anyway. :mrgreen:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Little Kate Chaos wrote:It's all evil and screwed up Juicey. All of it. On the grand scales nothing that has happened to Iraq is good or anything I would want even remotely or a fraction of to happen anywhere I lived. Saddam, the sanctions, the US-led invasion in 2003, the sectarianism since. All of it.

But to say Saddam was a good thing for the Iraqi people is not something many could agree with.

Paraded what WHAB?? Get real. He might appear stupidity personified and be laughed at and mocked all over the planet, but he's not that stupid. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath, let alone run a superpower. If I was a betting girl, which I'm not, I'd bet that he was not running the show anyway. :mrgreen:
Poll - 46 Percent Say 'Bring Back Bush!'

Mark Whittington
Apr 14, 2010

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... _bush.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good night (morning), Kate.

:wave:,
WHAB