FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Post by FAGjack »

Mrs Fly wrote:Heya FAGjack! It's good to see ya.....

Deej: Here's the Orange Hill (finally!!) you can clearly see the clawed leaves and that the cola's a bit 'bitty' as a result of it, but otherwise I'm in love with this plant, it smells amazing and it's so tall!!

I'm not really impressed with that C99, it hasn't really got a smell, or a taste when you smoke it, it's vaguely earthy and that's about it. also the high is pretty average, not a keeper for me, I'm going to germinate some more Solar Eclipse this time, I still think this cross has got a real potential, s'just so far I've had nothing but males, but I've got like, 250 seeds so go through so there's got to be a few fems in there somewhere!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, no more news for now, I've got 4 plants in flower and I do think this OH has what it takes to replace the SSHxBB :fly:

K
-x-
Interesting points on the C99.
I grew C99 f2s and found some bigish yeilders but was not happy with the aroma etc.
Eventually found a small yeilding but early finishing C99 with the Pineapple aroma and an awesome hit.
RAn it for a while but she did attract spidermites, never had em until Cindy arrived...... :smoke:

Sal 9000
some karma
some karma

Post by Sal 9000 »

Grow karma Mrs. K!
Seems i can't use the karma subroutines.
~Sally

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

Oh cool, the layout's changed!! I quite like this!! :bannana:

I should talk a bit more about this C99 huh?! Well,specifically there's nothing wrong with it, I've had a strange dislike of that plant since it was in veg, just never liked the look of her, I can't say why, she never did anything weird or wrong!! I'm just not keen either, the smoke is sort of earthy in taste, it's actually quite weird just how little taste and smell this plant has.
Having said that the smoke is expansive, and you can tell you're smoking weed, it's just, without the smell/taste it's just so odd. When I had the first test smoke I thought I'd grown a total waste-of-time, wasn't even sure if she was going to have any kind of effect!
Anyway, I'm smoking my way through a 3-skinner so I can try describe the feeling a bit. This is my first smoke of the day.....

It's neither an uppy sativa high or a true indy couchlock, but it's leaning more on the indy side, I've got that slight cottonwool feeling in my head, background noises seem to catch my attention more, I can hear the kitchen tap dripping and the woosh of traffic outside....hahaha, actually it's a bit like ADD in weed-form, I just looked up after typing about the noises, saw some gulls and went off to feed them for a bit before remembering I was typing this, and I've been doing this for quite a while! :mrgreen:

I've got a heavy-feeling head but I want to get up and do stuff, I'm really distractable, but I'm not at all munchied either.....I guess you could say it's quite a creative high.....

Hmm, you know what it's actually not-half bad, I guess after so long with the same clones you forget that there are other types of high out there....

Hax: I'm actually liking C99, just not this particular plant, well, at least I didn't like her as a keeper, but I still think there's potential that in the pile of C99's I have there will be someone who can replace my AK99, the problem is I'm both sentimental and fussy, the thought of letting some of my clones go after 4 years of keeping them in my garden makes me a little sad....I still slightly rue ever dropping my Sensi Star and Romp19xWhite Rhino, you know what, there's a heap of plants I still sit here and lament.
that means I'm fussy about who I do keep/fall in love with, most important is what the high is like, above and beyond anything like yield, the C99 was a good enough yielder, nice to try something different, but I think I want to keep 1 open space in my garden now so I can have 'guest' plants and always have something new to try out amongst the old dependables.....hmm, makes you waffle a lot this weed......

BAMF: Heya!! Thanks, the plants are certainly keeping the smile on my face, that big, cheesy slit-eyed smile I get when I'm this stoned....haha, I'm just lucky to have good plants, they do everything, I just splash in some nutes every day and they do everything, plus they're just so much fun to be around!
I used to use soil (it was Biobizz's Allmix, combined with their nutes Grow/Bloom/Topmax) but on recommendation, and reading other grows online I thought I'd give coco a whirl, and I do get better yields and generally healthier plants, so I haven't switched back, it's allowed me to downsize the grow by 50%, plus it's idiot-proof as long as you don't overwater!!

Deej: I'm sure your girls will be beautiful, I can't say I've ever seen an ugly bud, well, okay, not quite true moldy buds are pretty ugly, but other than that, you can't really go wrong. There's always going to be a bigger and better way of growing weed, for example, I'm never going to be able to grow huge plants outdoors at my latitude, indoor is my only option, and even then I could be using bigger lights, Co2, ozone, lightmovers, an automated feed system, and no doubt with all that my yields would be enormous!! But, for me the benchmark is to produce enough, that's about it. I can't afford any of that high-tech stuff to run or to buy, and it's possible to grow nice plants under weaker wattages like 250w or 400w which is what I'm using these days. My mission lately was to get the biggest yield in the most ecconomic way I can, that's why I switched to coco, ditched the 600w light and second tent which meant being able to run my fans for 6 hours a day less, and I saved about 700w in lighting I don't use, so my electric bill has reduced by £60 a month and I have a little less weed than before but still enough.

FAGjack: I've only had this one C99 so far so I'm not at all basing my opinion of the entire strain on her!! It's just a start, but I bet there are some lovely phenos, I mean, pineapple that would be so very delicious, was it quite an intense and sugary pineapple? The smaller yielders always seem to have the best aromas and flavours huh?
I hope I never EVER see a spidermite in my garden, but this plant did get that white moldy stuff right inside the dense part of the cola, near the tip, I had to chuck about 5 grams of it in the bin....dense plants seem to be way more likely to do this....weird white mold tho, not budroot in the normal sense.....

Sal 9000: Nice to meet you!! lol, what's with the exclusion-karma feature? That's a bit weird?! :rollitiup:

Okay, I feel like I have been writing forever......have fun!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

pineapple that would be so very delicious, was it quite an intense and sugary pineapple?
That Cindy smelt so good you'd grow her just for the aroma. :mrgreen:
I crossed her with a bunch of Sour Queen males and she's now known as McFly in the US. :howyoudoin:

http://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/sh ... ight=McFly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

FAGjack wrote:
pineapple that would be so very delicious, was it quite an intense and sugary pineapple?
That Cindy smelt so good you'd grow her just for the aroma. :mrgreen:
I crossed her with a bunch of Sour Queen males and she's now known as McFly in the US. :howyoudoin:

http://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/sh ... ight=McFly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow! I read the thread, I saw those pics, my god!! I see that they have a pineapple pheno as well...very nice, but what's with the name? Please don't say it's after that boy band McFly lol!!

I might have to try another Cindy!

I've got a list here of everything I have in bean-form, what should I grow?
  • White Widow x AK47 X Lowryder X Oregon rocket dog X Super
    Cali Orange X Superbud
    Romp 19 X AK47
    R19 X White Rhino X Eclipse (Eclipse is HGF's version of bubblegum)
    Solar Eclipse (Sensi star x Eclipse)
    Orange Hill sativa (I've just pulled one, have another in flower so I'm not going to germ any just now)
    Mandala #1 fem (the last one hermied, so I'm not keen!)
    Afghan Maroc
    Eclipse
    AK99
    AKxC99 (I'm guessing its the same cross as above?)
    Very Berry
    Afghan Maroc X AK99
    White Rhino
    Citral
    C99
    R19 X WR
    Legend's ultimate Indica
    Frostbite X SAGE X Oregon
    Indica #1 X Masterlow X Oregon x Super
Any ideas?

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 335 times
Received Karma : 496 times

Post by roller24 »

I'd like to see some AK99...........

in my mailbox.

no but seriously, that would be an interesting thread for C99 fans like myself.

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: Have a great day!

Post by Deej »

^^^Me too! :winky:
@M.Fly...I hear ya...my aim is to grow enough for my med needs & I do fine.
I could go all the way w/ bigger better lights etc.But that just ain't me.
I am an old fashioned dirt farmer....& now an apartment dweller..it can really
put a crimp in one's style :lol: I am glad I have an understanding landlord. :mrgreen:

BTW..I finally got a back shot of my son's dreads to show ya....I figured
this was a good place to put it.Yesterday he got out of his car & one of
the older dreads was sitting on the seat :roflmao: He loses them occasionally
& I kept it. :lol:

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Wahaha, you show me yours (well, his but you get the idea) and I'll show you mine!! He's got long dreads, mine used to be as long as that but I got pissed off with them (when they get long the roots tend to thin out because they weigh so much) I plaited a whole load of them together and I'm growing them out much thicker this time around. I don't expect they'll touch my bum for another 3 years yet! :grin:
dreads10.jpg
dreads10.jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 3439 times
Heya Roller! :mrgreen: Okay, I'll log that as one vote for C99, I should do a poll let me see if I'm not too drunk/stoned to figure this out...but I can never decide what to pick so I'm kinda excited about turning the floor over to you guys!!

K
-x-

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: Have a great day!

Post by Deej »

:lol: It could be the same person ...he has more but they are in front over his shoulders.
He usually wears it up in one fat ponytail thingy...looks like some African jungle hairdo :lol:
I see you have beads etc woven in...Nice :tup:...he has some stuff too,I think :???:
Shells/beads/a ring or 2.....Have not looked lately :lol: