Karma Whore
Custom Title: (¯`·.¸¸.xx|xx.¸¸.·´¯)

Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Post by Luushen »

[youtube]AWESOME[/youtube]

bah

ack i have a virus thats making me post

and say that i love MRS FLY

must dump all liquid memory on the floor in front of me and do an anti clock wise dance at a full moon party

its a nasty ooze dribbling from where my navel should be

could be the end of your planet
Attachments
TTRCHODESIX_SCIFI_00001.jpg
i hate you all equally

(¯`·.¸¸.xX|Xx.¸¸.·´¯)

REGlClDE
good karma
good karma

Post by REGlClDE »

fly-fucking.jpg
:roflmao:
some say pessimist...i say realist

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

Post by Mamabudz »

the happy couple

:mrgreen:
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

lol!! Luushen you're supposed to stick a cork in where the ooze comes out, that way it'll have no choice but to all come out of the same orifice in a concentrated blast of smegma! Good to see you even if you have got alienitis of your squelch gland :kiss:

No fly fucking? Well, that's Edinburgh in a nutshell really, they don't mind if you want to fuck bumblebees but when it comes to flys that's a no-no. Weirdos.

Hope the SAGEy saga is growing well PFMJ, will drop by in a bit.....

Lovely to see you Mama!! :grin:

I just wanted to post a quick piccie I took just now, we have actually gotten a new ballast!! Whoopee!! I stuck the camera on a tripod and took some pics of how the light looked under the old ballast, and how it looks now, quite interesting to look at (yes, I know for all the geeks out there I could get a lightmeter and measure this, but fuck wasting money on one of them, this works too...)

Anyhoo, what was really interesting to me was just how much the brightness of the magnetic ballast was varying from picture to picture, I have noticed it does flicker a bit, but it really does have an obvious effect...

This first picture shows you the general difference, the left portion of this picture is illuminated with the new digi ballast, and the right portion is illuminated with my old magnetic ballast:
400wballastcompare1.jpg
There is a difference, mostly visable on the shadow of the reflector at the top of the pic, and also you can see it when you look at the bottle I'm using to prop up those smaller plants in the foreground.

It's even more visible in this picture, every picture I took of the old magnetic ballast was a different colour/hue of light, when I reviewed the 4 pictures I took of the digital ballast I could not make any distinctions at all in the quality of the light.

Anyway, left is new ballast again, and right is the old one:
400wballastcompare2.jpg
Much more obvious here. And I've been noticing for some time now that my yields have been steadily getting worse from grow to grow, and I have bought a new bulb and not changed anything in my technique (apart from the weaker light I now use in veg, which I am also now addressing, I have ordered a proper reflector for that cupboard just waiting on it coming) I'm seeing about 5g or more drop in every successive yield, so I'm assuming either I've become incredibly crap at growing or my ballast was kaput!!

We shall soon find out!!!!!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

PassionForMaryJane
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: ~Eternal Wisdom Seeker~

Post by PassionForMaryJane »

I can see a difference in the light for sure, the left side seems a bit brighter, are both bulbs new, or the same age?

Your ladies are looking good, I cannot wait till I have some budding going on, my lady in flowering just started to put out pistils, so another 65 days or so & I should be harvesting.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

i'm in love
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hiya PFMJ!

The ONLY thing I changed was the ballast: that is the exact same bulb/hood being used in both sides of the pictures....if nothing else it confirms to me the output from the new ballast is brighter and not flickering at all......plus there's a booster switch on the ballast which makes it another 10% brighter yet again...I've played with the switch and I visually do notice it gets even brighter when I flick it on: I really should get my tripod out again and take another 2 comparisson piccies.....hang on......

Okay, I had a go but there is no way I can tell with the naked eye that there is ANY difference [at least visually] when I flick that switch other than it does appear to look brighter for a second:
withandwithoutboost.jpg
Left is WITH the booster, right is without, you'd think it'd be possible to visually see an increase of 10% but perhaps not....

This is what the blurb on the box says about it:
box1.jpg
Well, either way I'm making much more of a concerted effort with the plants now, I'm tending them more, and I'm giving the veg plants 12 hours under the sodium to try and help fatten them up a bit before flower, as I'm getting really spindly growth under the cfl, which to be fair, I could have done more to sort at an earlier date!

It's lovely to see you MadMoonMan! :bannana: :bannana:

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

Hey senora mosca. I'm currently chuckling about "turtles all the way down". The following video will not explain:

See? Ciao :toker1:
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;