Growing in electric sunshine
Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Post by Mrs Fly »

This is veg...chaotic madness abounds but it's more fun that way....I'm fattening up 2 of them (the 2 in big pots on the left) as replacements for my FAIL seeds :/

K
-x-
Attachments
025.JPG
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

dequelo
good karma
good karma

Post by dequelo »

Looking good as always Mrs.Fly

thanks for the peek into your garden

I hope all is well with you and yours

peace and be safe

Dequelo
Marx Defined The Classes, Kalashnikov Made Them Equal

Better to be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six

"It is easier to rob by setting up a bank, than by holding up a bank clerk."

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

In spite of the bollocks it's looking characteristically sweet in the tent. Hope you are back on a nice even keel there sis :tup:
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hey guys! :) Thanks for stopping by the garden, mind your feet though because I havea bit of a habit of leaving crap lying about and I don't want you to trip over!! :lol:

I don't have a huge amount to say really, I've still got about 10+ days to go on the AK99 and G13, and longer still on the SSHxBB....

Technically I should also have let the skunk go another week, but, fuck this drought crap, and it's my 12th anniversary being with Maggit tomorrow, so I decided there was no way I was going to celebrate that and not have weed!

So we kept our beady eyes on the plants and decided to just pull down whoever looked closest to ready....turns out to have been a lucky save as well!

How the feck did I get mold this time???

Humidity: 51%
Temp range: 23.5c-25.5c
I have double the in/out take needed on the space I'm using.....
And I am not overwatering, I've been keeping a very close eye on this.....

So how did this happen???
noooooooooooo.jpg
noooooooooooo.jpg (122.34 KiB) Viewed 3832 times
It's not like the usual rot, as in, that awful soggy stuff that seems to rot from the core of the bud outwards...what you can see is what I got, the only thing I can think of is that this head was leaning on the wall of the tent, but I've never had white fluffy crap like this before.......and the rest of the plants are unaffected for now....fuck!

Fortunately I didn't lose more than about a gram in total, and it didn't have the usual weird/yuck smell of moldy bud, but still.....argh!!!

This was probably the biggest skunk #1 I've ever grow...(what do you mean it looks puny?? This pheno has always had a pants yield but it's the best plant in my garden)

Oh what the hell another pic is probably in order:
skunk1at6weeks3days.jpg
At least this situation has completely absolved me of any huilt for taking her down at 6 weeks, 3 days, though I think she would probably have been ready between 7-8 weeks, so I think the week won't make a huge difference.......I can't tell you how wrecked I got from the finger hash.....after such a long drought it was amazing to actually get properly decently fucked!!!!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

It's a COTTON WOOL BUD!!!! :lol: Oh wait, you call them q-tips over there...my joke is lost on everyone......it was funny to me!

(easily amused)

K
-x-

mrs.b.mcgee.

Post by mrs.b.mcgee. »

yum...finger hash.....

yep I have had a few small spots of mold like that before on my outdoor plants. Always makes me sad.....

Happy Anniversary....kisses and good wishes to you both!

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

mrs.b.mcgee. wrote:yum...finger hash.....

yep I have had a few small spots of mold like that before on my outdoor plants. Always makes me sad.....

Happy Anniversary....kisses and good wishes to you both!
It should be called FUNger hash......that wasn't funny, I know I know, I can't help myself I'm a compulsive shit-joke teller!!

Many thanks, we had a cozy cuddly sort of anniversary, had a lovely bottle of wine and some pheasant. :grin:

Err, we got a lot more mold, but fortunately it didn't hit the plants, just one wall of the tent which was going a bit mouldy, anyway everything got wiped down and disinfected......

Long story short, I think despite cutting back I'm still slightly overwatering, and I've been told by a mate who's experienced with coco that I don't actually have to water them every day (he only waters his plants twice a week). Anyway, my humidity was at 85% when I got that mold, and it's now down to 50% which I think should do it! Also coco holds water better than soil apparently......so as usual I'm just a slooooooow learner lol!

Despite all that I think I got a good yield all-round (I also really need to replace my lamp it's getting-on for 9 months old so it won't be quite as efficient) I pulled 231.9g. That's 8 and a bit ounces from 4 plants under 400w......still not anywhere near that 1g/1w lark but I was quite happy with it!! :lol:

I've also got springtails!! I'd noticed some dandruffy-looking little beasties float on the surface every time I watered and after some investigation and a little help from the TCC, we had them ID'ed as springtails.....hopefully they'll eat up some of the mold spore for me, but again it points to conditions being too damp.....

I have some pics, not much to say really as these plants have all been harvested ages ago.....I guess journalling perpetual clone grows like this one gets boring, same old same old......keeps me in decent smoke though.
Attachments
ssh.jpg
ssh.jpg (124.22 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
Can you see them??
Can you see them??
beasties2.jpg (79.83 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
beasties1.jpg
beasties1.jpg (118.79 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
ak9914thgen.jpg
ak9914thgen.jpg (94.96 KiB) Viewed 3781 times
ak99arm.jpg

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

Mrs b. apparently was not happy with the way Smokes & Smot where running this site Mrs Fly, direction they are taking it---carbon copy clone of the old PG,w/wat she saw as all the failings of that site being continued here- so she deleted again. Can't say I blame her.
Mrs Fly wrote:
Err, we got a lot more mold, but fortunately it didn't hit the plants, just one wall of the tent which was going a bit mouldy, anyway everything got wiped down and disinfected......

Long story short, I think despite cutting back I'm still slightly overwatering, and I've been told by a mate who's experienced with coco that I don't actually have to water them every day (he only waters his plants twice a week). Anyway, my humidity was at 85% when I got that mold, and it's now down to 50% which I think should do it! Also coco holds water better than soil apparently......so as usual I'm just a slooooooow learner lol!
Uh, instead of being a slow learner and listening to the herd mentality on TCC or here, Mrs Fly; you could do better by getting an inexpensive moisture meter from your local gardening supply store. They are not super accurate, but good enough to tell you when your media is sopping wet, or nearly dry. Will help you determine when to water, better than any 'advise' you can get. You should also be able to get a 'feel' for the moisture from top to bottom of your smaller pots (recall U had been advised to try larger pots when possible), to better determine when to water.

As the HID light might dry off the surface, and unless you want to stick your finger in the pot, you won't know how wet the media is below the surface. You'll also get an idea of whether or not the very bottom of the pot is still wet if you push the probe to the bottom---letting you know how well the media retains moisture at the bottom where you *might* get root rot if kept constantly moist.

Mrs Fly wrote: Despite all that I think I got a good yield all-round (I also really need to replace my lamp it's getting-on for 9 months old so it won't be quite as efficient) I pulled 231.9g. That's 8 and a bit ounces from 4 plants under 400w......still not anywhere near that 1g/1w lark but I was quite happy with it!! :lol:

I guess journalling perpetual clone grows like this one gets boring, same old same old
......keeps me in decent smoke though.
Can get boring, but you could also save enough so that you could try some new genetics when you do get bored.

So you like so many of the herd mentality wish to add to the e-waste problem unnecessarily? 9mo @12/12 would be ~3024hrs. An HPS is not going to lose much in 'efficiency' for another 10k hrs at least. If you want to buy a new bulb, try a Philips 400w Ceramic Metal Halide in your 400w HPS fixture, and do the same for your 250w HPS veg light later...but much later, unless you just want to experiment.

There are plenty of manufacturer spec's for lumen maintenance on HPS's, plenty of charts posted about relative lumen maintenance of various light sources. Jesus posted one up in 2006 on the old PG, you did not see it in the lighting forum I had to beat Gad/Bad/Improbus silly for months to get put up?
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hi GS.....

Err, I'm laughing slightly at the concept of me following the 'herd mentality' if you knew me in real life you'd know that's so not me!! That ones ironically kinda impossible for me to do, kinda lack the brain circuitry to do that!!! :rofl:

Meh, you're idea of the moisture metre is a good one, and one I would certainly be taking up if I wasn't as skint as I am, I think I have this all worked out now, I'm giving them 500ml water every second day, gradually working up to daily as they get bigger in flower and water demands increase, it does seem to have helped I just got a record-breaking yield on the AK99 (this without using PK13/14) so we're getting there as they say! :D

I'm not sure what to say about the grow, I've got 2 orange hill sativas and 2 C99's from Tetrahydrocannabinol (you might know him) I've just put them into flower this evening, I need to take some quick cuts but I'm going to do it tomorrow as I've been so effing busy today I just can't be bothered doing it yet!

So, err, I have 8 plants in flower, and 16 clones in veg, some of these are earmarked to go to my bro's grow, some will be kept as mothers and the rest I may have to kill of as surplus, but nothing's certain yet.

Anyway, enough from me, I'm just going to post a shitload of pics, starting with this SSHxBB which I just pulled down (hence why I can't be bothered with clones my fingers are still a bit tacky).

I let this lady got to 9 weeks, 4 days, and I can't wait till she's dry as I'm curious to see how big the cola will be. Looks good beside this bottle of pinot noir (reduced due to them forgetting to label it, muhahaha!!)
bigoldbud.jpg
These are a couple more shots of the same plant:
sshsidebud.jpg
sshxbbweek9day4.jpg
sshxbbweek9day4.jpg (78.94 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
Okay, back in a minute with some more pics!!

K
-x-

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Now then, what's next (looks in piccies folder)
AK99
This is 15th gen, by that I mean I've been doing succesive cloning on her (I don't keep mothers, I take cuts, flower the plant I took cuts from, then rear those cuts until they are old enough to flower, then take cuts from them, and so on) The seed from which this came was germinated back in August 2006, but this plant is going to be replaced if I find something special in the OH or C99.....
moreak.jpg
moreak.jpg (84.92 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
lovelybudak99.jpg
ak9915thgenplant.jpg
ak9915thgenplant.jpg (84.02 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
akhead.jpg
K
-x-