MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 405 times
Received Karma : 257 times

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by ben ttech »

search bible and abortions and you get the trial of bitter water...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of ... tter_water
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by Butcher Bob »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:07 am
Sorry guys, I've been through that book in entirety three times...ain't nothing aboot abortion.
I would have remembered if there was, because it would have made for great Thanksgiving dinner conversation fodder in my family. :p
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:57 am
^^Sorry Bob but you don't know what you're talking about. Have you actually read the Bible?
It's repleat with examples of "god's" mass murder of all, including children, and fetuses too.
How could any honest person come to any other conclusion, which also explains why it's not singled out as important, anywhere, not by Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus,....
<absolutely nothing aboot abortion>
https://new.exchristian.net/2011/02/god ... r.html?m=1
:facepalm: Evidently you are not listening...and then grasp at straws aboot "god's mass murder" of adults, babies, and assumed unborns equating that with abortion. So if the killing affected those already born as well, then how is that an abortion?...how do you perform an abortion of an adult?

ben ttech wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:24 pm
search bible and abortions and you get the trial of bitter water...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of ... tter_water
If that is an abortion practice for women carrying another man's child, then why does a woman who confesses to the adultery not get put through the ordeal? It would seem like especially women who confess would be subjected to an abortion process...if that were what it was.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by ben ttech »

that would constitute a matter of the idio synrcracy of the practice outlined in the scripture.
how else was it used

obvious the common folk would have know of this plant and used it as need be

to my knowledge the bible goes no further than that single illustration,
but again it does illustrate that Judaism administered drugs causing abortions in some circumstances...

Ancient medicine
Many medical uses were ascribed to the plant.[19] It was said that it could be used to treat cough, sore throat, fever, indigestion, aches and pains, warts, and all kinds of maladies. Hippocrates wrote:[20]

When the gut protrudes and will not remain in its place, scrape the finest and most compact silphium into small pieces and apply as a cataplasm.

The plant may also have functioned as a contraceptive and abortifacient.[7][21] Many species in the parsley family have estrogenic properties, and some, such as wild carrot, are known to act as abortifacients.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by ben ttech »

The Intriguing Disappearance of Silphium

https://ipm.missouri.edu/meg/2022/9/silphium-DT/

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by Butcher Bob »

I'm fully aware of historical aspects...what I'm disputing is it's being addressed in the bible.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by ben ttech »

guess im short on what you mean by addressed

the practice is illistrated in the bible.
are you refuting that?

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by roller24 »

ripper5 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:59 pm

She simply claimed that maga thinks our laws are given by their biblical God, and that's wrong.
The ones I know, friends & family, personally believe along those lines. That stands in contrast to "By the people, for the people."
That concept is a matter of ideals on which the laws were to be written. The law is a human endeavor. Common Law which is based on the ideas of endowed rights, has no standing in most of today's laws which are written under the laws of commerce. Many of these laws are in contradiction of the Common Law ie. prohibition, etc.. I think the two jurisdictions are conflated among those who don't differentiate.
Civil law is usually in a Court of Common Law, but Criminal Law in many instances is not. Ever been to tax court?

I didn't hear any of that. Where did she say that? Not in the vid.
I was said dismissed, but perhaps should have said omitted. Women's rights along with minority rights weren't recognized for the first portion of the republic's existence. The court battles which recognized them as being entitled to the same rights as white men, were argued under the premise that endowed rights applied to all humans, not just the men who exercised an exclusive claim. This opened the door to the debate as to a women having autonomy over their bodies when pregnant. I myself am not advocating either side of the argument, but won't dismiss either sides right to exist within their own beliefs.

Actually, an egg or fetus doesn't enjoy citizenship until they're born.

Not at all. We celebrate and record a life beginning with a birth certificate, and end it with a death certificate. In between we celebrate birthdays...not conception day or half developed fetus day...
Very debatable. Expectant parents start caring for the baby as soon as pregnancy is evident. Ever see an expectant mom showing off her sonogram? Have you ever heard anyone claim they can see the fetus? No, they see a baby.

That's because they are endangered fellow earthling life forms that need a helping hand to help counter all the harm we've done them. Nobody is trying to claim that those turtle eggs are in fact as alive as when they finally wake up and head for the surf though.
Yet only in some countries, other countries eat turtle soup on the reg.
Also, many pro life advocates think that unborns are endangered fellow life forms that need a helping hand to counter all the harm but nice try.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by ben ttech »

^^^
You’ll note the politicians who claim to support such ‘children’ abandon their support of them the second they breath their first breath…

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

MSNBC Monstrosity

Post by Butcher Bob »

"the practice is illistrated in the bible.
are you refuting that?"

Yes. The wiki for the Ordeal of the bitter water predominately attributes it as a process of determining guilt or innocence...and only secondarily suggests that it is an abortion process. To which I posed this question...

If that is an abortion practice for women carrying another man's child, then why does a woman who confesses to the adultery not get put through the ordeal? It would seem like especially women who confess would be subjected to an abortion process...if that were what it was.

Because it also says that if guilty, the woman and the man she was infidel with, would die...which does not sound like an abortion process.