are any of our thoughts conscious themselves?

Stoner ramblings. Totally made up fictional shit that nobody means at all but is exercising their imaginations.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Post by rSin »

are any of my thoughts conscious?

decending from the notion that all is one and god is the consciousness of the whole,

that therefore i am just a subroutine expression of a limited set of his whole,

it would seem to me that i oversee lots of subroutines that incorporate into what i call my person and his thoughts

wonder what if some of those subroutines are thinking for themselves???

youll notice they can intrude and you sometimes your forced to deal with the attention they require
accept repress observe ignore

but how about MABE theyre a Person whos limited take on things has left them with only praying to you?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1133 times
Received Karma : 1781 times

Post by Lrus007 »

is everything pre planned for us ?
or do we have free will to do as we choose ?
no one knows :whistle:
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Post by rSin »

i learned long ago that intrusive thoughts are not me.

alot of people dont get that,
they cant step back from a thought they had and say 'oh really???' with an honest skepticism

its a helpful trick to learn,
i found...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 495 times

Post by roller24 »

That is the flaw of being human. We exist in a duality of animal instinct and human intelligence. The intellect and instinct battle within our sub-conscience for control of our willful manifestation of action.
The righteous man will strive to good by allowing the intellect of reason prevail, but rarely without primary thoughts of instinctual desires. Often caught off guard, and giving into that "sin" so to speak.
A man who lacks empathy for others will use intellect to enhance his instinctual desires and will trap himself in a life of self centered narcissism.

Theological philosophy metaphorically uses good and evil , temptation and sin, yada yada.
Makes one wonder, however, if the evolution of man was truly organic.

no man escapes this conflict, which is why the world is so fucked. interesting that the more science replaces conscience and religion becomes archaic, the more narcissistic society becomes. Could explain the rise and fall of civilizations.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 412 times
Received Karma : 262 times

Post by ben ttech »

dont you think its not being human
its that modern humans are constrained by the shackles of written history

which speaks for less than 5% of theyre evolutionary existance?
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 427 times
Received Karma : 523 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

What is good? What is evil? Religion preaches good. I think all religions are evil. It's all a matter of perspective. There is no good or evil – people justify "evil" for the collective (or individual) "good" all the time.

Humans are not the only ones who can curb their instincts, either. In fact, many humans can't even do that, so there really is no separating us from other animals. We think we're smart, but we can all be destroyed by a single-celled organism.
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2224 times
Received Karma : 1646 times

Post by ripper5 »

Maybe during the deepest sleep, maybe then, our dreams are close to a base, uncontrollable, consciousness.

Abrahamic religions suck imo. They don't do anything to curb the disastrous "monkey see, monkey do" aspect of normal everyday behavior that one encounters (especially while driving.)

Seems to me most folks never evolve past that base animalistic urge to lunge and grab and hoard for themselves that which they desire or need.

We've still got a long ways to go to rid ourselves of superstitious nonsense. :innocent:

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 495 times

Post by roller24 »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:17 am
What is good? What is evil? Religion preaches good. I think all religions are evil. It's all a matter of perspective. There is no good or evil – people justify "evil" for the collective (or individual) "good" all the time.

Humans are not the only ones who can curb their instincts, either. In fact, many humans can't even do that, so there really is no separating us from other animals. We think we're smart, but we can all be destroyed by a single-celled organism.
good and evil are just the labels given to man's inability to curb his instincts. What others do you know that consciencely subdue instincts to exercise reason? Religion in my opinion was just crowd control used by the more intellectual men who trained the masses to choose reason over instinct. Render the masses passive through fear of torment post mortem, and they are less likely to reject the "rules" of civility, and destroy their masters.
I don't buy the notion that humans are the same as all other animals, even considering the fact that we are animals as well. The mere fact that humans acknowledge a spiritual realm or supernatural realm is enough distinction for separation. I think your view comes from a denial of these two factors within your own existence.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 427 times
Received Karma : 523 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

roller24 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:14 am
good and evil are just the labels given to man's inability to curb his instincts. What others do you know that consciencely subdue instincts to exercise reason? Religion in my opinion was just crowd control used by the more intellectual men who trained the masses to choose reason over instinct. Render the masses passive through fear of torment post mortem, and they are less likely to reject the "rules" of civility, and destroy their masters.
I don't buy the notion that humans are the same as all other animals, even considering the fact that we are animals as well. The mere fact that humans acknowledge a spiritual realm or supernatural realm is enough distinction for separation. I think your view comes from a denial of these two factors within your own existence.
Lots of animals curb instincts to exercise reason. Some fish will pick up a bait and curb their instincts to swallow it until they think they are safe – spitting out the bait if their feel any slight pressure on it. And that's just fish. I could provide countless examples of animals curbing instincts to ensure their own safety, or to plot for a greater good or reward. If you can't think of any examples, then you're not thinking hard enough.

Your second point is a bit of an oxy-moron: usually it's the dumbest humans who "acknowledge a spiritual realm or supernatural realm" – the smart ones think otherwise. For all you know, roller, dogs consider us gods: we provide everything for them – hold their very lives in our hands – and even provide a reason to live.

If animals didn't consider their own mortality, then where does the will to live come from?

As for "good" and "evil", if I curb my instinct to call someone a fuckwit – when they are clearly a fuckwit, exhibiting fuckwit behaviour – does that make me good or evil?

On the subject of fuckwits . . . is Tucker Carlson "good" or "evil" for using his media power to spread lies? You tell me, roller. I have my own opinion on the matter. Which is exactly what I have been saying: good and evil are a matter of perspective. Nothing more or less. One man's poison is another man's meat.
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2224 times
Received Karma : 1646 times

Post by ripper5 »

Try considering all the separation that "spiritual realm" will get ya if you were stranded in the Serengeti without a weapon. :noway:

Our biggest achievement is our ability to test, store, and build off of experience (knowledge) better than the other creatures, our cousins.

It could also be our biggest threat when used for Maga ambitions & superstitious nonsensical beliefs. :bonghitter: