Home renovation

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Home renovation

Post by Butcher Bob »

roller24 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:41 am
All you really need to do is fuck up the PH of the soil. I dumped some old cooking oil in my garden. nothing grows there.
Yes...vinegar is another good option.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 979 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Home renovation

Post by dill786 »

nice one roller,

looks a lot modern in the 2nd pic, with the new ceiling and the ceiling fan with ambient lighting :tup: :tup:
Kuchisabishii

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1125 times
Received Karma : 1757 times

Home renovation

Post by Lrus007 »

dill786 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:29 am
my 3rd project will be to remove all the bricks from the front driveway because I noticed weeds growing through them, I've been using a wire brush to remove all the weeds but I guess there's no weed fabric underneath or it worn out, so at some point ill have to do this too, not looking forward to it though....
if you don't want to use weed killer. you can get some 40%
vinegar. that will kill the weeds also.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Home renovation

Post by dill786 »

been using this on my driveway with a sprayer it really works well, no need for a pressure washer, which kills Kills Algae and Lichens. i ran out of it but its only £10 for 2.5 litres. gonna pick some up on the weekend
Attachments
patio.jpg
Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Home renovation

Post by dill786 »

Neighbours shed lives in the street opposite but the shed is built right on the edge of my garden, I saw around 5 huge fucking rats eating some cooked rice the missus put out for the birds, they were really big and I saw them scurry back into the hole under the shed, so I got some RAT bait from Screwfix, didn't have the bait stations, I forgot about that, it has 6 sachets inside . so I put some near the holes I saw them coming out, under a brick with a bit of the sachet sticking out, hopefully, will do the job, when I was reading the views it had 90% positive reviews, so hopefully the poison will kill the little cunts. you have put the sachets 10 metres apart so I laid done 2 of them and still have another 4 sachets left, hopefully, it won't rain for a few days...
Attachments
rat.JPG
Kuchisabishii

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

Home renovation

Post by roller24 »

Buy the missus a bird feeder.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Home renovation

Post by rSin »

moved in with a friend in santa monica a more than a decade ago when he got this new place. two bedroom one side of a duplex.
he'd been feeding the birds for years when he lived in topanga canyon and had hung up two bird feeders. just mesh bag full of seeds for them to grab out with their beaks. i got home he was there but the guy who lives in the other side of the duplex was. he was standing in the driveway watching several big rats had ripped one of these bags open and they were feasting. there were more rats waiting to get at it and several were on the power line that came down to the roof right there.

behind us was another single 2 bedroom then an alley. the other side of which was ther jr college campus. all buildings walls no windows or door in that side.
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Home renovation

Post by rSin »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:58 am
dill786 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:29 am
my 3rd project will be to remove all the bricks from the front driveway because I noticed weeds growing through them, I've been using a wire brush to remove all the weeds but I guess there's no weed fabric underneath or it worn out, so at some point ill have to do this too, not looking forward to it though....
That's going to be a lot more involved than you think. The brick section in the pic looks to be in good shape.

i completely agree. that would be a huge job AND it really take skill to take those up to reset them. assume they all mortared into place the first headaches is chiseling off the old mortar that stick to them when you pry them out. god my head hurts even thinking about it. next is the grading it will take to come up with a flat surface at the correct elevation after the instalation of the exterior fabric that you can lay down to down to stop weeds, then mortar them all back it.

god what a job! ive never done a project of that type at this size

like bob said.
avoid this job if you can
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Home renovation

Post by dill786 »

gotta change the bathroom sink taps or faucet as you Americans call them, the copper pipes are flush against the wall 15mm copper pipes, really awkward, and not much give from the copper pipe to the tap fitting, need to put some isolation valves on the copper pipes too. will show pics of the taps and tails I bought tomorrow...

never changed the taps in such an awkward position before, will have to shut off the water from the stop cock outside on the pavement, because there are no isolation valves on the copper pipes as i previously mentioned...
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Home renovation

Post by rSin »

the way done here,
straight out of the wall are valves we refer to as angle stops

from them run flexible 'supply' segments of tubing you buy in various lengths long enough to reach the contertop height where they connect to threaded inlets the faucet yourve purchased leaves hanging down under the counter.

its always valves first as the water comes straight out of the wall.