Post by rSin »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:49 am
Hollywood = science?

Umm . . . .
satire, and the QUITE biting YOUR ass type,

"ray-dee-aaa-shun...
yes indeed

you hear the most outrageous lies about it!
half-baked gogglebox do gooders telling everyone its bad for you ..

pernicious nonesense!!!
everyone could stand a hundred chest x-rays a year,"

then he slows down, lowers his voice and, in first rate sinister evil continues

they aught to have them too..."

the moral of the story that follows is his need for a lombotomy to survive his work
think about it people...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeaVq6fUpw
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Renewable energy?....not so renewable.

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 9:53 pm
I know it's your MO to constantly change the goal posts, but I'm not playing.

I advocate for the right of countries to defend themselves. You advocate for Ukraine to roll over and be fucked up the arse by Russia. We've already seen the atrocities committed by Russia in occupied Ukraine. You're OK with that. i'm not.

As for the rest of your dross, you've just created an entire thread complaining about shit for which you offer no solution. What a useless, pointless rant.
Umm, I'm the OP...I set the goalposts...and they haven't moved. I'm guessing you're starting to realize you misunderstood what that point is.

Once again, facts elude you...Ukraine is not defending itself...it is fighting a proxy war started by the west. You know, that action you support.

I gave the solution...pay for your shit, or don't use it. Just because you don't like that solution, doesn't mean I didn't give one. :wink:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Everyone pays for their shit one way or another, Bob.

Yeah, sorry, I missed the memo about the West invading Russia and trying to storm Moscow – got a link?

Oh, silly me! That's not what happened at all, is it? Perhaps it was Russia invading Ukraine and trying to storm Kyiv I'm thinking of . . . :roll: (obligatory smilie)
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am
Everyone pays for their shit one way or another, Bob.
:facepalm:
Doesn't even understand simple concepts like debt and theft.
:roflmao:
I know you're not dumb....so your willful ignorance is astounding. :p

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

rSin wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:58 am
satire, and the QUITE biting YOUR ass type,

"ray-dee-aaa-shun...
yes indeed

you hear the most outrageous lies about it!
half-baked gogglebox do gooders telling everyone its bad for you ..

pernicious nonesense!!!
everyone could stand a hundred chest x-rays a year,"

then he slows down, lowers his voice and, in first rate sinister evil continues

they aught to have them too..."

the moral of the story that follows is his need for a lombotomy to survive his work
think about it people...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeaVq6fUpw
Yes, radiation bad. But things to consider: you have to breath or ingest plutonium – simple contact or exposure doesn't kill you. There are plenty of other things out there that CAN kill you if exposed – X-rays penetrate the body, Alpha-rays don't. There are plenty of things out there you can breath in or ingest that will kill you. I'm sure I don't need to list them all. Just putting things into perspective. If managed properly, nuclear power has minimal waste and less impact on the environment throughout its life-cycle than any other form of energy except wind – ironically one of the things @Bob ranted against in his first post.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

OK, I Iie. It is nuclear. But I guess it depends on the source. This is from Oxford University:

Geothermal is comparatively expensive. Maybe because there is a lot of digging, drilling and infrastructure, and lots of exploration to find the right spot underground. I'm just guessing.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:06 pm
Yes, radiation bad. But things to consider: you have to breath or ingest plutonium

the manufacture of fuel for reactors ARESOLIZES tons of uranium which the men doing the job AND all the downwind neighbors breath in.
detonating plutonium core bombs does the same...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Facts as posted mate. Nuclear energy has 0.03 deaths per terawatt/hour of energy production, including Chernobyl and Fukushima disasters. That makes it safer than all other forms of energy except solar.

We can all say "Coulda, shoulda, woulda" but the REALITY – not the hypothetical – is that nuclear energy has not been nearly as damaging to the planet or its inhabitants as you appear to claim.

I'm not saying there's not the potential for disaster, but nuclear energy has been in use for over 70 years now, and countries such as the UK and France have not had a single harmful incident in all that time. Properly managed, it can be very safe.

Again, you re arguing what COULD happen, whilst I'm arguing what HAS happened. Wishful think vs reality – simple as that.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

your death rate numbers are bogus AS army's of lawyers stack how the system does the counting.

your arguing for a money losing institutions which has never broken even, which has to shut down for weeks out of every year. a system so fraught with catastrophes lurking even THEY cant afford liability insurance.

if you dont build the dam, it can NEVER wipe the down downstream out...

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Scientist #1:" Hey! Guys and Girls. I have a great idea.. Let's recycle aluminum and plastic! and and and make everything run on batteries... yeah batteries is the thing...... "

Scientist #2: "Oookk.. um..." Pulls out calculator does some quick simple basic minimum calculations. Says, "UM.. Yeah we are going to need a lot... a lot .. lots.... lots.. of batteries.."

Scientist #2: *-(Some noob doesn't know what he is talking about) Chimes in. " Ive done my one calculations and just like in New York before the invention of the automobile horse shit was overwhelming. Therefore... battery lifetime is avg if lucky? 5 year give advantage so cost of disposal is battery waste pileup like comparing the atomic bomb to Hiroshema. How are you going to get rid of something that will last the life of the planet? Short of accidentally falling into a volcono?
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.