What you're really saying is that it is no more dangerous than rat poison. Indeed, it is less dangerous than rat poison because rat poison is freely available – as are any other number of toxic substances freely available.
So what, exactly, is your point about plutonium half-life? It is not that radioactive, and no-one is going around eating the stuff, so how – exactly – is it more dangerous than any other toxic substance used in daily life?
Apparently Queen Elizabeth held a piece of plutonium in her hand in 1957 and it only took her 65 more years to die!
https://www.space.com/what-is-plutoniumPlutonium is radioactive, but it doesn't seem that harmful at first glance. It looks like any other metal, with a silvery sheen that turns dull in contact with the air. Queen Elizabeth II held a piece during a visit to Britain's Atomic Energy Research facility at Harwell in 1957. It was warm to the touch, but it didn't hurt.
According to the World Nuclear Association(opens in new tab), even eating it doesn't really do any harm, although it's definitely not recommended.
Plutonium atoms fall apart through a process called alpha decay. They release particles made from two neutrons and two protons (essentially a helium nucleus). They're so bulky that they can't pass through human skin. Left to its own devices, plutonium decays slowly. The real danger comes when humans interfere.