kill god...

Stoner ramblings. Totally made up fictional shit that nobody means at all but is exercising their imaginations.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 427 times
Received Karma : 522 times

kill god...

Post by Prawn Connery »

Shiva's cool. I think Buddhists are on the right path. Their understanding of the world seems to me to be the most enlightened. At least it's closest to my own values. I don't believe in anthropomorphic deities that take the carrot and stick approach. I want my god to be smarter than humans, not to exemplify them.
Licensed to Krill

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 990 times
Received Karma : 775 times

kill god...

Post by dill786 »

ripper5 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:18 am
:toker1:
Shiva seems like at least partly a chill god. I'd like to try some Bhang :rbong:

I was reading about Hinduism and it looks like it all goes back to magic mushrooms and how the mushrooms grew in cow patties and this is why the cow is god etc....
Kuchisabishii

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2221 times
Received Karma : 1644 times

kill god...

Post by ripper5 »

I like Buddhism better than my catholic upbringing and better than my later self imposed "born again" phase. I haven't studied it but just from what i know. Cant help but think of that old tv drama "Kung Fu!" Thank goodness for the internet, one can learn what one seeks. :laugh:

Buddha has some striking similarities to Jesus :volcano:

. The Beatitudes taught by Jesus and the Noble Eightfold Path taught by the Buddha are equivalent in number, form, and content.
https://medium.com/love-god/noble-eight ... f4dcf1ce8a
Attachments
FB_IMG_1680626333241.jpg
Last edited by ripper5 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

kill god...

Post by deran »

dill786 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:00 am
ripper5 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:18 am
:toker1:
Shiva seems like at least partly a chill god. I'd like to try some Bhang :rbong:

I was reading about Hinduism and it looks like it all goes back to magic mushrooms and how the mushrooms grew in cow patties and this is why the cow is god etc....
of course

it was the first obvious thing our ancestors picked up when they left trees, it is the 1st we learned
awoken the right way

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 939 times

kill god...

Post by Butcher Bob »

I was gonna stay out of it, but Prawn struck a chord...
Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:05 am
My God is so powerful, so omnipotent, that mere humans will never evolve to even begin to conceptualise It. It is so vast and all-encompassing that mortal words cannot describe it. It exists beyond any definition, any comprehension. Yet we are all still part of it.
Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:29 am
I'm not saying there isn't a god, only that we can't define it. I dare say we're all part of a collective consciousness that's bigger than anything we can begin to imagine.
I dare say...I tend to agree. :)
Bible states clearly that we do not have the capacity to understand the concept of "God".
But describes God as all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and exists everywhere at once.
The thought that everything, together, is a collective consciousness known as "God"...fits the description.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

kill god...

Post by ripper5 »

^^^ I can agree with that, although I'd leave the bible out of it, personally. And also agree to what Intrinsic said...
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:48 pm
Setting aside the difference between killing God and assuming her role.

All humans are part of nature. Always.

We are not separate from nature, we are very much part of the ecosystems. humans are organisms with their part in the ecology as every other organism and nonliving thing is. It's a dynamic system.

There is literally nothing I can imagine that humans, or or our successors, can do that is not part of nature.

It's intrinsic to our corporeal nature. But then I'm just an old ecologist.

Take abortion for instance, deer will abort during bad years. Reabsorbing the fetus. Some animals will abort from social pressure if a new male moves In.
And then there's cannibalism of newborn, voles are destined to eat some of their young for better milk production. Some tadpoles are born to be algea eaters and some of thier siblings are born to eat thier
Sibling vegetarians. Some organisms change sex depending upon the environment, as our sacred plant, alligators and a few fish.

Is it a natural for a bird to use a stick to hunt for food.
Or sea mammals to use rocks to open shellfish.
Splitting the atoms, genitic manipulation, artificial intelligence are all just tools derived from evolving brains.

IMHO

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

kill god...

Post by ripper5 »

Technology is just an extension of our selves it can serve for good or bad. That includes religion

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 427 times
Received Karma : 522 times

kill god...

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:39 am
I was gonna stay out of it, but Prawn struck a chord...
Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:05 am
My God is so powerful, so omnipotent, that mere humans will never evolve to even begin to conceptualise It. It is so vast and all-encompassing that mortal words cannot describe it. It exists beyond any definition, any comprehension. Yet we are all still part of it.
Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:29 am
I'm not saying there isn't a god, only that we can't define it. I dare say we're all part of a collective consciousness that's bigger than anything we can begin to imagine.
I dare say...I tend to agree. :)
Bible states clearly that we do not have the capacity to understand the concept of "God".
But describes God as all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and exists everywhere at once.
The thought that everything, together, is a collective consciousness known as "God"...fits the description.
That's why I have trouble with any scripture: they are the words of men, not gods. They are not even the words of the so-called prophets, as they were written by other men. They all contain a lot of inconsistencies and out-dated thought, which – if they were truly the word of God – would never date.

No scripture ever mentions Australia or the Aboriginal people who have lived here for something like 80,000 years – oldest continuous civilisation on earth. Surely God would have know about them :winky:

What I like about Buddha is he never claimed to be a god. He was merely a man who had attained enlightenment. He also knew the limitations of said enlightenment.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 495 times

kill god...

Post by roller24 »

I think many religions evolved from the ancient hermetic beliefs.
Their's is an energized fabric shared by all living things, coupled with the notion of this fabric operating as the universal mind.
The power of positive thinking is derived from this concept.
Nothing can exist without first being "thought of" within this mind.
the premise being if you desire something to be, create the thought in your mind, and maintain the thought.
Your thought will guide you to pursue, and attract physical actions that will bring your thought to fruition.
Believers in this process, profess that all things are god, so man is god, or at least a portion thereof.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

kill god...

Post by ripper5 »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:11 am

No scripture ever mentions Australia or the Aboriginal people who have lived here for something like 80,000 years – oldest continuous civilisation on earth. Surely God would have know about them :winky:
The Aboriginal have their own creation story
https://www.worldfootprints.com/singing ... ion-story/

As do the Pigmies whose creation story is likewise way older than the bible story.
https://stellarhousepublishing.com/gard ... ygmy-myth/