Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Open carry = open season for cops

Post by Prawn Connery »

Solid Gold Butt Plug wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:30 pm
Revolvers are simple and reliable.

I understand where Jesus is coming from, something needs to change in the States, but revolvers are not the problem.
I'd argue loaded revolvers in the hands of young kids are more dangerous than semis. But it depends how they're stored. Assuming they both have safeties that have been left off, then a single or double action is just a trigger pull away from killing someone whereas a semi has to have the slide cocked (if it isn't already cocked), which is a bit more complicated for a toddler to work out how to shoot. I'm not talking about a mass shooting situation, only loaded guns left lying around the house for kids to get their hands on.

Other than that, the old "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" mantra seems to omit the fact it's a lot easier to kill a lot of people from a distance in a short amount of time with a semi. There have been a few mass stabbings around the world in recent years, most notably London Bridge. Five stabbed, two dead – would have been a lot worse with any firearm. You can outrun a knife, not a bullet. Obvious really.
Licensed to Krill

Solid Gold Butt Plug
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: SLIP IT IN
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 126 times

Post by Solid Gold Butt Plug »

Most revolvers don’t have safeties when loaded, but you can put a pad lock in the chamber that makes the gun inoperable.

I’m not saying you are wrong but revolvers have a very long and hard pull on the trigger a young kid might not even be able to pull, semis are very easy to pull the trigger on.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Yeah, I know. A cocked handgun only has to drop the sear when the trigger is pulled. I know the trigger locks you mean. I guess it also depends on the gun. A double action semi can be left with a round in the chamber and the hammer down while a revolver can be left with or without a round in the chamber as long as the next chamber has one.

I guess what I was saying is you can leave most semis with a loaded mag and no chambered round, which is safer than leaving a DA revolver with a loaded chamber when all you have to do is keep pulling the trigger. With the semi you need to cock the slide first to chamber a round. Slower than leaving a round in the chamber, but safer with the advantage you still don't have to load the mag. Cock the slide and pull the trigger vs just pulling the trigger.

Ultimately, you can teach kids how to handle firearms but they still may or may not have the maturity to be responsible. When I was a kid, every time I was told not to do something, I went ahead and did it anyway just to see what would happen. Some kids just have to burn their hand on the stove to learn it's hot.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

On top of the spate of shootings of people accidentally driving or walking on to other people's properties this week, now children are being shot for accidentally rolling balls into their neighbour's yards!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... tball-yard

I was also going to add this on to the list, but I suddenly realised it happened last month, so is old news now.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dead-texas

I think children who play with balls should be given guns to defend themselves against neighbours. I mean, you know what they say, right?

"The only way to defeat a bad neighbour with a gun, is to give your child a gun, too!"
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Guns for everyone! That will make them all think twice about shooting each other!
Licensed to Krill

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1820 times
Received Karma : 1594 times

Post by Intrinsic »