Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

The ones above aren't mine, but I'm guessing maybe three weeks. I have to slow my own veg cycles down because in a perpetual grow you have 8-9 weeks to clone and veg before the next flowering cycle.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

Growing again

Post by roller24 »

The lower stem development displays some patient love. That's a lot of colas for 6 plants
image.png
image.png

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

A little bit of trimming and a little bit of weaving. He gets 56oz like clockwork from this setup in eight weeks under 960W of LED.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

Growing again

Post by roller24 »

8weeks?
of flower?

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

Yep. His strains go just over 8 weeks. Or at least one of them goes for 8 weeks and the other close to 9 for a staggered harvest (from memory).
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

Couldn't help myself. had to add some side lighting into the new tent. This time I used LED strips with UVA and Far Red. These are waterproof and really, really efficient – like 3.19 umol/j efficient. I've got four in there at the moment and I'm running them at about 22W each.
IMG_1068.jpg
Temporary wiring job to see how they go.
IMG_1034.jpg
The plan is to have 8x 480mm strips in there – two per side mounted to 1m lengths of 50x25mm aluminium U-channel with cabe ties at each end to fix to the tent poles.
IMG_1033.jpg
The cable ties will keep each 1m strip assembly in place but they will still be able to move up and down with the plants.
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg
Five weeks of flower and this Sweetopia is almost done while the Atomical Haze behind it is only just getting started. The Sweetopia is just a place-filler. It doesn't yield much but has a really nice taste with quite a strong high. Once it comes out, the Haze will take over the tent. That's how I stagger these grows, by pulling one or two plants a week and re-weaving the scrog net until they're all done.
IMG_1058.jpg
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2193 times
Received Karma : 1615 times

Growing again

Post by ripper5 »

Prawn, you may already be aware, but I see a fairly big side market for LED lighting, with exotic chili pepper growers on FB. Alot of folks going the whole nine yards with LEDs, tents, hydro, lol. Just a head's up. :volcano:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

ripper5 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 am
Prawn, you may already be aware, but I see a fairly big side market for LED lighting, with exotic chili pepper growers on FB. Alot of folks going the whole nine yards with LEDs, tents, hydro, lol. Just a head's up. :volcano:
Cheers mate. Sometimes it's hard enough convincing people to spend the money on a decent spectrum, so those who do it are mostly those with the most to invest in their plants.

I did actually sell a light to a guy the other day who was using it to grow chillis and he wanted it for the UVA, which brings out the colours. Not sure if it affects the heat scale of the peppers or not, but I'm sure it can't hurt!
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

Got some nice new strains going. These are mostly Kosher Pie by DNA Gentics, which is Kosher Kush x (Cherry Pie x OG 18). I've grown Kosher Kush before, and while it wasn't a great example, it had a really nice euphoric high. I've also grown The OG18 which is very tasty, but also very heavy. I chose this poly-hybrid because it had a good mix of genetics and I expected a bit of diversity to choose from.

I wasn't wrong: there are four seedlings and each one is quite different in its own way.
IMG_1432.jpg
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg
Last edited by Prawn Connery on Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Growing again

Post by Prawn Connery »

The one I'm holding (My god! Prawn is white, not green! And he has HANDS!!!) is my favourite so far. It is a sativa leaning pheno that smells like alcoholic ginger beer. Very sweet and spicy, and looks like it will be a decent yielder, too. It is the most advanced so far. I think it will be a keeper, even at this stage.

They are 3.5 weeks into flower.
IMG_1422.jpg
IMG_1421.jpg
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg
Licensed to Krill