chatGPT welcome to the future

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 977 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Post by dill786 »

Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

here s the site. tried it but its so busy with users,
As you read this message, please take a moment to pause and breathe. Notice the sensations in your body and the rhythm of your breath. Remind yourself that you are not alone in wanting to try out ChatGPT. Many others are interested in it as well. Be patient and know that the website is doing its best to accommodate everyone. Trust that the right time for you to try ChatGPT will come. In the meantime, continue to focus on your breath and stay present in the moment.
https://chat.openai.com/
Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

New AI chatbot 'ChatGPT' interviewed on TV

Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

ive been using it for the past 10 mins....

i asked about the UK lottery numbers for Saturday, it said
I'm sorry, but I cannot generate numbers for the UK lottery or any other lottery. Lottery numbers are determined randomly, and it is not possible to predict the numbers that will be drawn in any given drawing. If you would like to participate in the lottery, you can purchase a ticket and select your own numbers or choose the option for a random selection of numbers to be generated for you.
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

ya,
its not able to search anything; only working from the material that was used to construct it.i wonder what went into its formation in the first place.

did they have to teach it english first before what to do with it or was that just a part of the self organized learning process
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Interesting...did these videos just start showing up on everybody's radar?...I've had a couple dozen different videos on the subject pop up in the last two days. While watching a couple, I got to thinking of the search engine thread...and the AI thread...started wondering what Roller thinks aboot it all. Hope he chimes in with his thoughts on it. Should be a good test of whether Elon's concerns aboot AI are justified...harsh way to learn, but I'm game. :p

My understanding is...
...they had to start somewhere, and that level is the knowledge of the average person.
...that this thing learns by testing it's knowledge in 'real world'.
...it has the capacity to become much 'smarter' than even the smartest people.
...the speed at which it learns will increase exponentially as it learns more.

Am I getting any of that wrong? :dunno:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1815 times
Received Karma : 1589 times

Post by Intrinsic »

What are people saying about it passing the Turing test?
Doesn't sound like it sentient.

Dunno,, but artificial intelligence is still just science fiction
I, Robot is a compilation of science fiction short stories or essays by American writer Isaac Asimov. The stories originally appeared in the American magazines Super Science Stories and Astounding Science Fiction between 1940 and 1950 and were then compiled into a book, they share a theme of the interaction of humans, robots, and morality, and when combined they tell a larger story of Asimov's fictional history of robotics.

Several of the stories feature the character of Dr. Calvin, chief robopsychologist at U.S. Robots and Mechanical Men, Inc., the major manufacturer of robots. Upon their publication in this collection, Asimov wrote a framing sequence presenting the stories as Calvin's reminiscences during an interview with her about her life's work, chiefly concerned with aberrant behaviour of robots and the use of "robopsychology" to sort out what is happening in their positronic brain. The book also contains the short story in which Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics first appear, which had large influence on later science fiction and had impact on thought on ethics of artificial intelligence as well.
(PDF DOWNLOAD) I, ROBOT BY ISAAC ASIMOV FREE DOWNLOAD
https://d-pdf.com/book/863/read

The Three Laws of Robotics:
1) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2) A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

if you need HTML code for this forum, the chatGPT will generate it for you in under a few seconds...
Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

this reminds of the Philadelphia experiment and Al bielek who claimed that he went far in the future and that computers rule everything, especially
the LAW as they are unbiased and don't have emotions like humans, I can see this happening in the near future to especially if IA becomes sentiment,

no more running around with paperwork for your lawyer in your divorce case, the IA will give you a ruling within seconds etc....
IA will run our lives..

i mean they are not that from having sex robots for males and females, you can see a disconnect between human males and females once these sex robots are mainstream and conscious, I can see them lawfully marrying humans and having human rights,,

fascinating but scary at the same time
Kuchisabishii

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by dill786 »

what about transhumanism and the neuro link elon musk has created,
we are the fucking robots or will be in the future so we can live longer