To boldly go where no man has gone before!

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

waiting for the artimus fueling to begin tomorrow morning..

Two cosmonauts on the ISS just finished a 7+ hour spacewalk working on the european robotic arm. Successfully. The spacewalk was the eighth for Artemyev and the fourth for Matveev.

The Chinese are preparing to Launch a nuclear reactor to power their space station. With enough juice to power 10 international space stations.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

as it blows up and spreads it's nuke crap around the world.
used to be could not send nuclear materiel into space.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

I thought it was just nuclear weapons. Could be wrong. there is an international treaty for nukez but the Chinese aren't on board anyway. I Think everybody assumes there's nukes somewhere in orbit anyway. Strategically it's a no brainer.

Chinese have a very focused mission. To put a man on Mars in 10 years or so. Then a colony. Then the outer planets. Everything they do is geared going to Mars. The Chinese used a reactor in their moon lander already. NASA has their own.
The Chinese have been pretty forthcoming and sharing about space tech but they're pretty tight-lipped about this. The reactor is supposed to produce one megawatt of power. this puts it in possibility of a electric rocket propulsion for an interplanetary spaceship.

Elsewhere
NASA is about to crash a rocket into an asteroid really fast. A test for an asteroid defense.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

looked just weapons.
also space treaty any one can opt out.
well i hope it makes it safely
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Good grief!
NASA called off the second attempt to launch Artemis. Because of a stubborn leak that delayed fueling. 
NASA has a 90-minute launch window on Monday, Sept 5, with liftoff occurring about 5:00 p.m. EDT

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

is fueling done at the vertical assembly building?

if the fix involves draining the fuel system i believe that means a trip down off the platform...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

lesbians on the moon...

the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

lesbians on the moon
Nice clickbait!

Search for a movie called that nope,
Distracted by comedy. remember the book electronics for dogs? Gotta bone up your electronics if you're going to build a spaceship to the moon.
electronics for dogs.jpg

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Not cgi, a time laps, composite of still pics

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

cant find details on the nasa rocket but

The sun-exploring Solar Orbiter spacecraft came face to face with a massive eruption of plasma from the sun, just ahead of a pivotal flyby of Venus.

An enormous coronal mass ejection (CME), a burst of charged particles from the sun's upper atmosphere, the corona, shot out from the sun on Aug. 30 in the direction of Venus. Shortly after that, the bubble of solar material reached Solar Orbiter, which was just preparing for its latest orbital flyby of the second planet of the solar system.

Fortunately, the ESA-NASA observatory is designed to measure the very kind of violent outburst it just encountered and thus could withstand the solar assault with ease.

to bad we cant...

https://www.space.com/solar-orbiter-hit ... s-ejection