fed- interest rates and inflation...

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

These five paths cover every possible way Beijing can reduce official purchases of U.S. government bonds: China can buy other U.S. assets, other developed-country assets, other developing-country assets, or domestic assets. No other option is possible.
hmm like replacing it with land in the US.
replacing it with land from other countries, africa comes to mind..
who wants paper when you can have something physical..
:whistle:
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

China has continued to slash its holdings of US treasury securities amid the growing threat of economic sanctions from Washington, according to data released by the US Treasury on Wednesday, which showed the holdings slid to $859.4 billion in January from $867.1 billion in December.

The decline in January was more than double the $3.1 billion cut in December, though slightly less than the $7.8 billion reduction in November.

China, the second largest foreign holder of US government debt, has reduced its holdings for six consecutive months, with the figure dropping below the symbolic $1 trillion mark in April 2022.

The decrease in investments comes amid Beijing’s efforts to diversify its portfolio and reduce dependence on the US dollar while promoting the broader international use of the Chinese yuan amid the threat of sanctions, the South China Morning Post reports.

https://ticdata.treasury.gov/Publish/mfh.txt

https://www.rt.com/business/573087-chin ... ican-debt/
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

I think aboot 20 years ago China realized they were a bottomless pit of $$ for US...so they changed their strategy.
In addition to slowly weening off US debt, they have also slowed off exports to the US and are focusing more on developing European markets to replace it, as well as investing heavily into infrastructure in Africa to develop another huge market, and are eyeing South America after that.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

sen. james lankford asked:

It has been reported publicly that SVB had a large number of Chinese investors, including some that are directly connected to the Chinese Communist Party. Will those companies, entities, and investors that are Chinese investors be made whole based on assessments in my banks in Oklahoma? So, what I’m asking is, will my banks in Oklahoma pay a special assessment to be able to make Chinese investors whole from Silicon Valley Bank?

Yellen responded, “Uninsured investors will be made whole in that bank and I suppose that could include foreign depositors, but I don’t believe there is any legal basis to discriminate among the uninsured.”

Lankford decried that community banks will have to pay an additional fee to make Chinese investors whole.

The Treasury secretary responded, saying that they are doing what they can to fight off a worsening economic situation.

Yellen said, “If we have a collapse of the banking system and its economic consequences, that will have very severe effects on the banks in Oklahoma.”

:whistle:
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

despise the hype i dont see these incirmental changes to china's portolio amounting to anything
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

when Biden got elected I went to cash.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

WAS PATIENT WAITED TILL S*P HIT 3600 ..... bUY.......

wAITED.... 3999 ALLMOST 4 SELL.....

dON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS ITS DANGEROUS.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

No joking. on economy and world bankruptcy. It's all on purpose. The world "Controllers" .... W.C> . See the period? Don't look at it. You looked at it. Didn't you admit it you wanted to peek at first then you could not help yourself to look where you were told not to.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

I spent my life trying to figure out the world SHITSTEM. Amateur astrophyicist. I was going to type 3 periods there as a tribute to Ben T. Butt I decided asterisks can be funny ... *.*

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

I'm looking for a hugh market crash. This current government is completely incompetent and bent on DEI or CRT or whatever kind of kook theology going on. They are destroying this nation.