Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

LED grow

Post by Prawn Connery »

If you have the right LED with lots of far red light, then they kill in flower. Most of the cheap Chinese LEDs have too much blue in them, which can stress plants and slows photosynthesis. The only thing extra blue is good for is keeping plants compact and thickening the epidermis, which is desirable in edible greens but not in flowering plants.
Licensed to Krill

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

most LED's are made for budding. very HPS like light.
i would like a grow LED that is more MH like.

aside from that they budded well. also i won them.
i will use again this summer.
:smoke:
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Prawn Connery »

Most of the Chinese LEDs are made for whatever the Chinese think they're made for because they don't actually grow cannabis and just copy everyone else within a price point.

In reality, they are closer to MH than HPS. Here is your Mars spectrum. It has a lot of blue and green light in it and a CCT of 3700K. HPS usually has a CCT of around 2200K. The Mars has almost no Far Red and has no violet or UV. That blue spike is what's bleaching your buds. And the extra stretch – contrary to what many might at first think – is also due to that blue spike, which is causing heat stress that results in more stretch (not less, as many in the LED world will tell you should be the case with more blue light).
Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 7.16.52 pm.png

I'm not trying to sell you one of mine, but there is a quite a difference in spectrum and results. Note the extra red, far red and UV
Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 8.54.41 pm.png
Again, I'm not trying to shit on you, but you have to understand there is a much bigger variation in LEDs on the market than there is MH or HPS bulbs, which basically use the same technology to produce light.
Licensed to Krill

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

i was going on what finished buds look like.
they look like HPS grown vs MH grown.
then in grow same thing looks HPS.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Prawn Connery »

We're seeing the opposite. LED bud looks more like that grown under CMH than HPS. Again, I'm not trying to discourage, just trying to help. Your lights were too close but I think you already know that now.
Licensed to Krill

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

live and learn

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

well summer is here. so doing a few plants under LED's.
got 2 plants in place 2 weeks apart. 2 more weeks will
add the 3rd plant. then on back side all the extra clones.
i am dropping the lumbo. so it is in bud for the last time.
the 2 plants
DSCN4037.JPG
then back side with the clones.
DSCN4038.JPG
:whistle:

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

added the 3rd plant on sunday.
DSCN4071.JPG
DSCN4076.JPG
then back side with the extra clones.
DSCN4075.JPG
on sunday i turned on other 1/2 of the LED when i
added the 3rd plant. is at 75% i will turn it up in a
week or two.
:whistle:

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LED grow

Post by Lrus007 »

well there going. on sun turned LED to 100%
front
DSCN4115.JPG
back side with the extra clones.
DSCN4121.JPG
:smoke:

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2185 times
Received Karma : 1606 times

LED grow

Post by ripper5 »

Thick forest! :tup: