Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

WHAB Grow Residence & Still Forming Woodworking Shop I

Post by MadMoonMan »

Your pillow sucks.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

WHAB Grow Residence & Still Forming Woodworking Shop I

Post by MadMoonMan »

You need to buy a gnu one.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Thank You For The Discussion, And Especially For The Gear, My Friend! :tup:

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Roots wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:46 pm
Not much I can find wrong with these……I wouldn’t get too aggressive with pruning healthy fan leafs, people do it to let light get down further but I personally think it hurts yield and quality….You should do a side by side with the same strain one pruned the other not…..I grew the same strain for about 10 years in DWC buckets and did all kinds of side by sides.
Hey Roots! :wave:

I am of the same mind, brother...I think it hurts yield, at least.

However, the amount of the dead, dying the last go round led me to trimming this go round.

Maybe 1000W is not enough light to penetrate the 6 Girls sufficiently. Maybe "Vertical Growing" is the cause.

Whatever the reason is. I decided it was worth a try trimming them ahead of trimming them off when they're dead.

I will do as you suggest the next go round. Leave at least one untrimmed through the cycle.

The results of this grow should give an indication as compared to the last grow.

Remember, I 'thought' a whole plant had died in the last grow....it wasn't fully dead...it was only half dead...but, under those conditions it was half dead :winky:

Thank you for the discussion, and especially for the gear, my friend! :tup:

:rockon:,
WHAN

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Hey There Old Friend! :wave:

Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:40 pm
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:02 pm
No, no vibration anywhere in the system. I have the Air Pump suspended from the ceiling using large rubber Bungee Cords that isolate that vibration. IF allowed, it can be a VERY noisy and vibrating machine!
You ain't kidding there. Mine was just a little 4 outlet pump...set on the floor, it's vibration could be heard throughout the whole house.:p
I too had to suspend it with a bungee cord, which eliminated aboot 99% of the noise. But then I could hear the stones rattling around in the bottom of the bucket...so I set the bucket on 1" styro with a piece of carpet on top of it. Almost sound free at that point. Probably didn't help that I was only using two of the outlets on the pump. A concrete basement floor would be better...but alas I have no basement.
Yes, surprising how noisy and vibratory that little machine is!

When I had it up in the Loft I discovered by happenstance that kicking it over and only using 2 of its 4 feet silenced it. One time I was up there I accidentally set it down on a round piece of wood (old tool handle of some sort) I had up there and the wood acted like a kickstand leaving 2 of its feet on the floor and the other 2 feet raised off the floor.

I have no idea why that worked, but it did. :crazy: In fact, it's why I bought the supplies to suspend it...but, I never used it in the loft because the kickstand work perfectly! I even tested it after that, on and off the kickstand. On the kickstand incredibly quiet, off the kickstand it vibrates everything here that can vibrate or that can transfer vibration! :roflmao:

I, too, am only using 1/2 of its 12 outlets. At the time, I wanted the room to expand IF needed. It's not been needed as 6 is my legal "Flower" number and I don't think I could fit more than six in a space this size anyway. And, I thought I would run the 2 air stones I have in the Reservoir for aeration off of it but that air pump is on the Control Bucket timer and those stones wouldn't be working when the cycle is "Off".

Good to see you around these parts, my old friend! Thank you for the discussion, too! :tup:

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Hello There My Favorite MoonMan! :wave:

MadMoonMan wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:39 pm
Your pillow sucks.
Hello there my favorite MoonMan! :wave:

No, My Pillow sucks!

:roflmao:

Good to see you, old friend!

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Grow Residence Electrical Upgrade/Expansion.

Electrician just left about 2 hours ago.

2 dedicated 20amp circuits in this grow space and 1 240V circuit in the loft. All in the same EMT. On the outlet I was messing with he ran a new circuit there and the Romex you do you see is capped off and will be pulled up to the loft for an outlet up there in that corner.

Garden II Rebuild 0519 05252022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0520 05252022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0521 05252022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0522 05252022.jpg

I've rerun the 120V cords on that North wall already. I'll switch over to the 240V power during Lights Out later today!

I'm still putting a 4 gang box in the attic for the AC Infinity T6 up there now (and another booster fan (even IF I have to buy another fan) that's compatible with the Controller 67 monitor) and we still have to move the light switch.

Then we're putting a dedicated 20amp circuit above that North-West window (down from the attic) by the Modified Ship's Ladder for the 2 stage dust collector.

I expect to have the A/C units swapped out later today, too. Having to work out the ducting in my overripe melon first! :roflmao:

Good morning! :tup:

Make it a great day! :rockon:

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A/C Swap Completed!

That went better than I thought it might...

New A/C Drain Base in place (I tried to clean up the stapled edges with tape. It didn't work. Tape only adhered to the Panda Film and not to frame (painted wood). Not worth putting any more effort in it right now - maybe at some point in the future, maybe not.).

Garden II Rebuild 0525 05262022.jpg

5 inch A/C Exhaust duct slipped right into the existing 6 inch HVAC ducting. It looks like the A/C 5 inch Intake hose (nearest the wall now) will sneak in just below and in between the 2 ducts exiting the space now, potentially with the 5 inch Long Radius Elbow.

Garden II Rebuild 0526 05262022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0532 05262022.jpg

The moment I started it up...(will attempt to reassemble the Output vanes at my leisure.)

Garden II Rebuild 0528 05262022.jpg

Screenshots of the #s when I shut the door (time stamped) right after finishing...

Garden II Rebuild 0529 05262022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0530 05262022.jpg

Continued...,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

A/C Swap Completed!

This is the one I'm really interested in keeping an eye on...

Garden II Rebuild 0531 05262022.jpg

...it was the reason for the A/C swap.

IF it doesn't work to better control the Res. Temps I'll contemplate isolating the Res and 'A' A/C unit somehow.

I'm not looking forward to babysitting a 5 gallon drain bucket AGAIN, but such is life! Next time the space is open I'll get that plumbing done.

Garden II Rebuild 0527 05262022.jpg

The Girls look to be about 32/33 inches tall now....that is with the Yoyo's holding them up a bit, probably nearer to 30 inches.

Garden II Vegetative 0120 05262022.jpg

The bud sites are starting to stack upe NICELY! They're ready to flip to Flower!

I'm going to get the Res. change done next, maybe tonight, maybe not - undecided. That will include scrubbing the Res. and the Fill Pump (inside and out) down.

Then I'll mix up the Mega Crops Part A&B at full Late Veg recipe, then make the Flip. I'll increase the formula to full Flower recipe over those next couple/few days.

I hope you ALL made it a great day/night! :rockon:

And that you'll make this day GREAT as well! :rockon:

:rollitiup: ,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Loft Thrash ... Took Cuts...

This is a bit of a thrash! :roflmao:

I took some cuts the other day. Then I'm going to take a few cuts tomorrow for our friend.

I prepared their future home.

With the A/C problems in the Loft when I was trying to KILL the Girls :roflmao:, I needed to get some separation. That A/C outlet duct was beating the hell out of the Runt. I'd move the vanes, they'd move back, I'd move the vanes, they'd move back.

I'm creating that separation.

Garden II Rebuild 0533 05282022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0534 05282022.jpg
While I'm there, there are some other things that need done ... I need to finish up a 'few' tasks up there. I need to finish the East (tall) wall and the South wall. The East wall will include a 2x6 header.

I built that East wall a section at a time (when I should have torn it down and built it right). That caused me to screw up. I didn't allow for a Top Plate. A single piece Top Plate. I didn't realize that until I was nearly done ![facepalm|15x15](upload://xMbFpfY2ClIM7NuwJrKD5RKhEJB.gif) The 2x6 header up there should be enough, along with the 4x4 posts it will be resting on.

Then, I also cut one of the studs too short. :facepalm: :roflmao:

I'm going to make believe I didn't allow for the Top Plate. I'm going to splice in a piece to make that one stud longer.

Coincidentally, that same stud has a MEAN TWISTING BEND in it! It was probably garbage when I put it in but that's all I had and that was also when I was priced out of new lumber :facepalm:

That plywood I pulled up was intended for the Attic. That was my Gusset material.

While that original 1924 Tongue & Groove Flooring looks awesome and a good repurposing of it, it doesn't allow for our modern world, like flat floors without YUGE gaps in it!

Before I got that Shop Vac up there every time I walked up there it was dropping 'stuff' on where I lay my head down through those cracks! :facepalm:

I'm going to remove it at some point. I almost bought some underlayment the last time I was in the "City" but it was over $150 for THREE sheets :facepalm:

What ever I wind up with it won't be original 1924 Tongue & Groove Flooring.

IF I can get them off in a usable state I'll repurpose them somewhere. It would probably look great on that East (tall) wall but I don't think there is enough of it to cover long wall.

I left the Cloning Machine II away from the adjacent walls so I can work around them over the next days - while I have cuts in it - when I can put some time to it.

And, knowing there is Romex right there in that corner I moved the cloning machine there, at least for now. I'm thinking about pulling that Romex up and wire in an outlet myself...not waiting on the Electrician.

Eventually I'm going to complete the Loft build. 4 insulated walls...etc.

In small bites, it looks like on the Blue Moon, too :roflmao:

Garden II Rebuild 0535 05282022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0536 05282022.jpg
Garden II Rebuild 0537 05282022.jpg

:rockon:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Clones and Veg. Day 34...

I had to install some Yoyo’s so they pull horizontally on the Girls to keep them away from the bulb. That seems to be working, especially since I can pull them a bit and lock the yoyo in place :tup: That won’t work at either of the entrances.

That back corner where the Afghans are is getting tight already, and where I got the other 3 spots filled from.

It had me wishing I had installed some pull handles strategically placed to aid in exiting the space, from the floor! :roflmao:

Filled the spots, here's the final map/locations...

Clones 0004 05312022.jpg
Clones 0005 05312022.jpg

About 1/2 of those clones are promised out (IF they survive my torture routine! :roflmao:)

Then, here's the Girls...

***Veg. Day 34*** (gotta flip'em SOON)...

Their #s as of the 8PM feeding yesterday...it's been pretty static since I did the Res. Change...

Garden II Vegetative 0123 05302022.jpg
Garden II Vegetative 0124 05302022.jpg

Environmentals (as of yesterday)...

Res. Temps...

Garden II Vegetative 0132 05312022.jpg

I saw it hit 72F once and only for a brief period :smoke: Still keeping a close eye on it!

Below is from a several minutes ago - Lights Out...

Garden II Vegetative 0139 06012022.jpg

You can see the Yoyo's I added attached to the Oscillating Fan Mount.

Make it a great night! :rockon:

:tokie:,
WHAB