30 day cold shower challenge !!!

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 977 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Post by dill786 »

i did my first one last night,

had a warm shower first and then slowly turned it to COLD, had to catch my breath for the whole 2 minutes, it was really cold, was just about to step out of the shower but kept at it, looking at the stopwatch frequently, after the 2 mins when i stepped out and my body started warming up, i felt GREAT like i was REBORN, it is only been once but I feel i have a different relationship with the cold NOW.

day 2 tomorrow is still uncomfortable and dreading it but the achviemenet of doing it is a great feeling so ill be doing it.

won't be posting every day but maybe once a week to tell you how i feel after doing it.....

some great benefits in the long run.........
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

ive played with cold quite a lot over the years...

well worth it. bravo

Cryotherapy, sometimes known as cold therapy, is the local or general use of low temperatures in medical therapy. Cryotherapy may be used to treat a variety of tissue lesions.[1] The most prominent use of the term refers to the surgical treatment, specifically known as cryosurgery or cryoablation. Cryosurgery is the application of extremely low temperatures to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue and is used most commonly to treat skin conditions.

Cryotherapy is used in an effort to relieve muscle pain, sprains and swelling after soft tissue damage or surgery. It is commonly used to accelerate recovery in athletes post exercise for decades. Cryotherapy decreases the temperature of tissue surface to minimize hypoxic cell death, edema accumulation, and muscle spasms, all of which ultimately alleviate discomfort and inflammation.[2] It can be a range of treatments from the application of ice packs or immersion in ice baths (generally known as cold therapy), to the use of cold chambers.

While cryotherapy is widely used, there is little evidence as to its efficacy that has been replicated or shown in large controlled studies. Its long term side effects have also not been studied.[3][4] However, there is a study that concludes that cryotherapy has a positive impact on the short-term recovery of athletes. Cryotherapy helped manage muscle soreness and facilitate recovery within the first 24 hours following a sport-related activity. Athletes who use cryotherapy within the first 24 hours to alleviate pain recovered at a faster rate than athletes who did not use cryotherapy after their sport-related activity.[5]

Mechanism of action
When the body is vulnerable to extreme cooling, the blood vessels are narrowed and make less blood flow to the areas of swelling. Once outside the cryogenic chamber, the vessels expand, and an increased presence of anti-inflammatory proteins (IL-10) is established in the blood.[14] Cryotherapy chamber involves exposing individuals to freezing dry air (below −100 °C) for 2 to 4 minutes.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotherapy
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

in Ayurveda and Siddha Medicine cold water is used in many water cures,one simple one is pouring just a few drops of water in your pubes an inch or 2 above your cock will cause a response around the urethra that will squeeze a few more drops of piss out which can prevent stones from forming,now that i am in old age and incontinent i use cold water just in the hope i don't gotta piss every 15 mins.
but if you know anyone with breast cancer or lymph cancer tell them to check ayurveda doctor about water cures that require drinking an amount of water within a time limit,the one i learned to recover from flouride poisoning is called Upashana and you drink 30-32 oz. within 10 minutes and then drink nothing or eat nothing for 2 hrs. This pumps up your Osmotic and Turgor pressure which cause your Lymph system to expand into more tributaries seamingly like miles of more connection with blood vessels.If you do a search for osmotic and turgor pressure you won't see any mention of medicinal use or any health connection. So i fill 3 regular coffee cups with water and do mantra for 2 minutes holding each then drink it.Coffee addicts have it tough not wanting to wait 2 hrs. to drink their coffee so i get up at 4,drink water and go back to bed,get up at 6 for coffee.One effect is that it makes cells return to roundness and the brain quits slumping,you must prevent brain slumpage.
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1815 times
Received Karma : 1589 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Cold shower eh. Don't know if it's quite the same but sounds like what we did jumping from a natural hot spring into a nearby cold Creek or lake. But then back into the hot springs.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

years back in colorado we didnt have a waterheater for several weeks
tap water in colorado springs runs at 34'f
those were the coldest showers of my life
nearly life threatening...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 977 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Post by dill786 »

i had a cold shower today and you know when you're a kid and you eat ice cream too fast and you get the brain freeze, that's what happened to me for about 30 seconds LOL

really cold today, but felt great afterward when i warmed up again.

still dreading it for tomorrow, but gonna go ahead :facepalm:
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

high intensity excercise in 4 minute incriments is showing amazing results

watch your weight...

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 402 times
Received Karma : 257 times

Post by ben ttech »

as a youth begging challenge
id lie down and place a few ice cubes on my chest

and then watch the time creep by as

they melted
and then the water evaporated

you get something out of that...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2191 times
Received Karma : 1612 times

Post by ripper5 »

Getting out from under the covers in my house is a close experience. It lasts as long as Mother Nature wants it to.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

dill786 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 pm
some great benefits in the long run.........
Is that why you're doing it?.....or did you lose a bet? :p

Saw this recently on a y/t channel I follow. The guy does a lot of winter camping videos in Siberia. Not sure if he does this as part of his conditioning, or whether this is just normal activity...but in a recent video he was talking aboot his daily routine, and he mentioned taking cold showers...from 2:20 to 4:00 in the video...

Since he coupled it with walks with water jugs in a backpack, I just assumed he was conditioning himself for cold temps. :dunno: