Page 1 of 1

30 day cold shower challenge !!!

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 pm
by dill786
i did my first one last night,

had a warm shower first and then slowly turned it to COLD, had to catch my breath for the whole 2 minutes, it was really cold, was just about to step out of the shower but kept at it, looking at the stopwatch frequently, after the 2 mins when i stepped out and my body started warming up, i felt GREAT like i was REBORN, it is only been once but I feel i have a different relationship with the cold NOW.

day 2 tomorrow is still uncomfortable and dreading it but the achviemenet of doing it is a great feeling so ill be doing it.

won't be posting every day but maybe once a week to tell you how i feel after doing it.....

some great benefits in the long run.........

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:14 pm
by rSin
ive played with cold quite a lot over the years...

well worth it. bravo

Cryotherapy, sometimes known as cold therapy, is the local or general use of low temperatures in medical therapy. Cryotherapy may be used to treat a variety of tissue lesions.[1] The most prominent use of the term refers to the surgical treatment, specifically known as cryosurgery or cryoablation. Cryosurgery is the application of extremely low temperatures to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue and is used most commonly to treat skin conditions.

Cryotherapy is used in an effort to relieve muscle pain, sprains and swelling after soft tissue damage or surgery. It is commonly used to accelerate recovery in athletes post exercise for decades. Cryotherapy decreases the temperature of tissue surface to minimize hypoxic cell death, edema accumulation, and muscle spasms, all of which ultimately alleviate discomfort and inflammation.[2] It can be a range of treatments from the application of ice packs or immersion in ice baths (generally known as cold therapy), to the use of cold chambers.

While cryotherapy is widely used, there is little evidence as to its efficacy that has been replicated or shown in large controlled studies. Its long term side effects have also not been studied.[3][4] However, there is a study that concludes that cryotherapy has a positive impact on the short-term recovery of athletes. Cryotherapy helped manage muscle soreness and facilitate recovery within the first 24 hours following a sport-related activity. Athletes who use cryotherapy within the first 24 hours to alleviate pain recovered at a faster rate than athletes who did not use cryotherapy after their sport-related activity.[5]

Mechanism of action
When the body is vulnerable to extreme cooling, the blood vessels are narrowed and make less blood flow to the areas of swelling. Once outside the cryogenic chamber, the vessels expand, and an increased presence of anti-inflammatory proteins (IL-10) is established in the blood.[14] Cryotherapy chamber involves exposing individuals to freezing dry air (below −100 °C) for 2 to 4 minutes.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryotherapy

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 am
by anu
in Ayurveda and Siddha Medicine cold water is used in many water cures,one simple one is pouring just a few drops of water in your pubes an inch or 2 above your cock will cause a response around the urethra that will squeeze a few more drops of piss out which can prevent stones from forming,now that i am in old age and incontinent i use cold water just in the hope i don't gotta piss every 15 mins.
but if you know anyone with breast cancer or lymph cancer tell them to check ayurveda doctor about water cures that require drinking an amount of water within a time limit,the one i learned to recover from flouride poisoning is called Upashana and you drink 30-32 oz. within 10 minutes and then drink nothing or eat nothing for 2 hrs. This pumps up your Osmotic and Turgor pressure which cause your Lymph system to expand into more tributaries seamingly like miles of more connection with blood vessels.If you do a search for osmotic and turgor pressure you won't see any mention of medicinal use or any health connection. So i fill 3 regular coffee cups with water and do mantra for 2 minutes holding each then drink it.Coffee addicts have it tough not wanting to wait 2 hrs. to drink their coffee so i get up at 4,drink water and go back to bed,get up at 6 for coffee.One effect is that it makes cells return to roundness and the brain quits slumping,you must prevent brain slumpage.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am
by Intrinsic
Cold shower eh. Don't know if it's quite the same but sounds like what we did jumping from a natural hot spring into a nearby cold Creek or lake. But then back into the hot springs.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:26 pm
by rSin
years back in colorado we didnt have a waterheater for several weeks
tap water in colorado springs runs at 34'f
those were the coldest showers of my life
nearly life threatening...

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 pm
by dill786
i had a cold shower today and you know when you're a kid and you eat ice cream too fast and you get the brain freeze, that's what happened to me for about 30 seconds LOL

really cold today, but felt great afterward when i warmed up again.

still dreading it for tomorrow, but gonna go ahead :facepalm:

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:53 pm
by rSin
high intensity excercise in 4 minute incriments is showing amazing results

watch your weight...

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:19 pm
by ben ttech
as a youth begging challenge
id lie down and place a few ice cubes on my chest

and then watch the time creep by as

they melted
and then the water evaporated

you get something out of that...

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:13 pm
by ripper5
Getting out from under the covers in my house is a close experience. It lasts as long as Mother Nature wants it to.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:44 pm
by Butcher Bob
dill786 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 pm
some great benefits in the long run.........
Is that why you're doing it?.....or did you lose a bet? :p

Saw this recently on a y/t channel I follow. The guy does a lot of winter camping videos in Siberia. Not sure if he does this as part of his conditioning, or whether this is just normal activity...but in a recent video he was talking aboot his daily routine, and he mentioned taking cold showers...from 2:20 to 4:00 in the video...

Since he coupled it with walks with water jugs in a backpack, I just assumed he was conditioning himself for cold temps. :dunno:

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:51 am
by dill786
haha

No, just for health benefits and to challenge myself like a sense of achievement ill get after i have completed it...

oh yeah and i follow the guy in the vid aswell....

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:10 pm
by dill786
still going strong fellas

had my freezing cold shower about an hour ago, was dreading it but its getting better as days go by, still fucking freezing but not a shocking as the first few days......

i noticed i dont have to apply face moisture cream after the cold shower as it doesn't strip the body lubricant like how water does...

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:56 pm
by ben ttech
our job is cold

really should have a a sweater for these cold days i dont getting paint on

so im down to a tee but

the paints done its back on

as the cold air poured through me i thought of you and the cold water...

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:04 pm
by bentech
youll have noticed by now incidents of waking from though which reveals seconds spent away from the cold being at the center of your attention

it zooms back in and you notice that it was gone for a small while

monks can keep it up for days

accepting the cold as a feeling not hostile

when studied in such state they seems to have provoked an antagonistic response
skin temperature noticable above baseline

next time
instead of bracing for the experience

think of its embrace as welcomed

not as an ordeal to be withstood

but as an experience to be enjoyed in ever second of it...

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:12 am
by dill786
10 days of cold showers,

feel great every time i get out of the shower like a natural high that lasts a few hours, skin feels great, no need to moisture after i have had a shave..

along with the vitamin D and turmeric capsules and exercising almost every day in the garden, skipping and 45-pound weight plate, i feel awesome, not smoked weed for agesor cigs don't miss it anymore hope it lasts, as sometimes when i watch an interesting documentary i like a huge cup of coffee and a joint to go with it, this is the only time i think about weed..

the cold shower has been a revelation to me, now i am thinking about wild river swimming, going to the local river early in the morning with my mate jimbo and swimming right to the other end of the river early in the morning

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:28 pm
by dill786
i completed my 30-day challenge..

even now i finish of my shower with cold water to close my pores after i have had a shave, gonna carry on doing it now it was really enjoyable and my skin is looking good really glowing....

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:51 pm
by Butcher Bob
Nice job dill. :)
dill786 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:28 pm
even now i finish of my shower with cold water to close my pores....
Like going from the sauna to an ice water swim.

Knew an old man once, that in the winter months would go to the health club, work out, hot shower, and would then go stand outside in the freezing temps in just shorts for aboot 15 minutes. I always just thought he was a bit looney back then....but obviously he just knew something that I did not. :p

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:27 am
by dill786
i am doing the 200 squats a day for 30 days challenge,

started 4 days ago and couldn't walk the next day, but now i do get tired but glute muscles and calf muscles don't hurt anymore well its minimal i hold a 12kg kettlebell while i am squatting... no wonder people neglect their legs coz squatting is hard to do, i am determined to get through it though

been watching YT vids and some people start off with 50 squats a day, but the video i watched was doing 200 so i am committed now and cant go back otherwise ill disappoint myself, and ill think i am a failure for months and months so to save myself from all that negative thinking i will do the 200 per day

i do 20 reps and then do another exercise like skipping and then go back to squats until i do 200, its fucking freezing outside but i still go i the garden to do them, bearing in my mind i am on day 4. last night it was raining so i had to move the table and couch out of the way and do it inside...

in the future its best i think hard instead of making crazy rash decisions and then sticking to it if i fail at something it really affects me so i make sure everything i set my mind to i actually do it WELL.

this kind of attitude has actually helped me achieve because i am really organized person, i am very pragmatic

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:18 pm
by Intrinsic
Dang, that is some gumption. Respect.

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:29 pm
by rSin
strive for slow stead and deliberate movements in your lifting and excercise and if it takes less weight to manage it that way then thats the way to do it as this brings far more core muscle groups into the picture which is very helpful indeed...

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:03 pm
by dill786
rSin wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:29 pm
strive for slow stead and deliberate movements in your lifting and excercise and if it takes less weight to manage it that way then thats the way to do it as this brings far more core muscle groups into the picture which is very helpful indeed...

that's exactly what the experts said :)

concentrate on keeping the form :tup:

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:13 am
by dill786
still doing the 200 squats per day whilst holding the kettlebell..

glutes, hamstrings really pumped up, feel a lot stronger already, get tired halfway through but keeping good form and doing it the right way....

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:18 pm
by rSin
funny
i got a shower that leaks

the only excercise i got was buying a shutoff valve and installing it at the head

took three trips to the hardware store to accomplice this

embarrassing, dont ask...

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:54 am
by dill786
so ive added burpees to my squats as well so its 200 squats and 100 burpees in reps 0f 10

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:47 am
by Intrinsic
Holy dingos. Ripped!

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm
by dill786
Intrinsic wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:47 am
Holy dingos. Ripped!

i quit smoking cigs and weed on the 5th of November 2021
at the time i weighed 11 stones and 7 pounds which in American is 163.8 lbs and i am 6 foot tall

now i weigh 13 stones 7 pounds which is 191 lbs

since i quit the cigs my appetite has come back and i am eating 3 times a day before i use to just have the evening meal and not really eat during the morning and through the day maybe the odd sandwich.. i was smoking cigs at work and that suppressed my hunger and the evenings when i got home i was on the weed all night long and all the time on weekends,

i stopped smoking weed and cigs on the same day. so around 5 months now give or take a few days.

i didn't wanna be a fat cunt so i started exercising when i was in high school i use to box for my school on an amateur level for around 4 years. so i went back to jumping rope and light weights NOW i am doing more calisthenic ( using my bodyweight) I have a big garden so after work, i just go out in my shorts and i start skipping and doing squats etc... someday i can't be bothered but i know it will bother me at night before i go to sleep knowing i have failed so to save me from that i end up doing the exercises this way i can sleep at night knowing i did not fail.

i was thinking of maybe dipping my toe back into smoking weed basically vaping with no tobacco/cigs but maybe i see if i can go to 12 months before i resume or maybe i won't. sometimes when i sit down at night with my girl i really fancy a joint while am watching something interesting on YT, that is the only time i think about smoking weed when i am watching something i like on the net, besides buying weed from a dealer would really piss me off, so if i was to start up again ill have to dust off the dirt on my lights etc, and move out all the useless crap i have accumulated over the years in the small box room.

i noticed my body shape has changed my legs are thicker and firmer, my thighs circumference before is started the training was 25.1 inches the other day i measured them again and it was 26 inches dead ON so i put muscle on. even though i put nearly 2 stones of weight on ( 28 pounds) my waist size is still 32 inches so basically, all my clothes still fit...

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:01 pm
by dill786
still doing the squats and the burpees everyday,,,,

i do them in sets of 10 between my squats and skipping so its squats + burpees + skipping

squats + 25
burpees+ 10
skipping+ 1 minute

i repeat it for 45 mins taking a small break once i completed the full set every time I have not put on any more weight but i am still eating 3 meals a day, i think i am in a " state of flow" 45 mins are up and i have not even noticed... :tup:
Flow is a state of mind in which a person becomes fully immersed in an activity. Positive psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi describes flow as a state of complete immersion in an activity. Being immersed can be defined as a state of focus in which a person is completely absorbed and engrossed in their work.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:45 am
by rSin
has your natural gas bill dropped much?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:45 pm
by dill786
burpees are a real challenge, i lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks, i was trying to gain weight lol

instead of wearing sneakers whilst during burpees, i now were heavy steel toe capped boots, tiny bit more weight although i might order a 20 kilo weighted vest from ebay, but Ramadhan starts on the 2nd of April so dunno....

i dont wanna give up training through fasting so i might exercise after 7.30PM in the evenings.... coz ill be fasting during the day

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:44 am
by Intrinsic
Getting hooked on endorphins? :hug:

Be careful when you stop or slow down regular workouts yer body will get the bounce back, it will still crave calories like you're working out long after you stop. Momentum. thus the weight bounce back.

Something I've learned over the years, I should have mentioned before yer fasting, is fruit. Eating lots of fresh fruit right after a workout. I don't know how or why it works but it's helps with the muscle build up and in general less soreness and more energy.
I learned it from a fellow cook at work, he also rode a bicycle to work but unlike me he did it for the workout. soon as he arrived he would devour a whole pineapple or melon.

Hoping for a good Ramadhan for ya.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:22 pm
by dill786
not exercised in the last 3 days since Ramadhan started, if you stop for a while it's an uphill struggle, in the beginning, to get back to the level of fitness you were before you stopped, so i am aware of that so tomorrow gonna start again...

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:35 pm
by dill786
still working out in the garden

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:07 pm
by Intrinsic
nice! The good life.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:59 am
by dill786
want to make a pull-up and chin-up bar in the garden. I need more variety for my exercise since i have been getting stronger and improving

looking for some scaffolding pipes instead of the 8-foot timber posts

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 am
by dill786
ben
this is the lintel i was telling you about...

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:24 pm
by rSin
bet i saw lots of those as a kid visiting the east coast but i was only imaging it till your picture proved it
prefab header (lintel)

damn,
it was somebodys job to wheel those things around and lift them up into place after the wall there was dried enough to support their weight

thats a pretty trick bar
does the bar remove from the base?
will make installation alot easier

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:31 pm
by dill786
yeah it does ben, it came in 4 pieces

so won't have issues with the lintel and my weight swinging on it!!!?

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:07 pm
by rSin
i dont think so but that just my gut.
someone could do the math showing how much outward force will be on those bolts then check their numbers
i dont know how to though...

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:25 pm
by dill786
my brother's friend is a builder ill ask him...

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:42 pm
by rSin
as a builder id say two bolts would do,
as a user id go with four...

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:23 am
by dill786
my brother's builder friend advised me not to bolt it on the lintel as the house was built in 1929, he said he's sure it would be ok but don't risk it just in case.

but its cool I had a plan B I bolted it on the outside toilet, I have never used the toilet but back in the days people had an outside toilet, I just keep tools inside it,

one of the holes I drilled was at an angle and the bolt wouldn't fit through the bracket hole of the bar, and couldn't get it out even with the claw hammer so I just hammered it through the brick so there's one bolt missing but its really sturdy..

i have been training for ages yet couldn't do one fucking pull up haha !!!

so that my next hobby to do, training so I can do 20 consecutive pull-ups and chin-ups.....

thanks, ben for your help especially about not needing all the bolts..

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
by rSin
did you figure to screw the nut till it was even with the end of the threads before hammering?
think i forgot to mention it
just saw this now

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 pm
by rSin
almost forgot,

Yeltsin enjoyed swimming in icy water, and throughout his life started each day with a cold shower.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 am
by Lrus007
get a block or short step ladder for under it.
then use legs as little as you can till you can
do some with out leg's. work up to no block
but go for the full pull up from the start.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:33 am
by dill786
^ good advice lrus

ive been hanging on the bars for around 30 seconds and letting go and increasing the time every day by a few seconds, but your idea of a stepladder is better, ill try it :)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:41 am
by dill786
rSin wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
did you figure to screw the nut till it was even with the end of the threads before hammering?
think i forgot to mention it
just saw this now
not at first but then I figured it out.. :bong:

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm
by rSin
in climbing the training discipline is called finger boarding
they offer a variety of shapes to hold onto and usually a pair of near handlebars

the idea is sets of hangs with weight added as needed to just barely finish your set
in climbing you often see counter weight systems to take it off so mortals can train holding the little stuff

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:36 pm
by rSin
you only get one chance with the type of bolt you installed.
probably the reason for the caution away from the lintel
since its poured concrete is could be soft enough that your bolts wouldnt have caught as you tightened them

the type with a threaded bolt instead of a stud have more ability to expand and thus mabe catch in softer concrete

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:56 pm
by dill786
rSin wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:56 pm
in climbing the training discipline is called finger boarding
they offer a variety of shapes to hold onto and usually a pair of near handlebars

the idea is sets of hangs with weight added as needed to just barely finish your set
in climbing you often see counter weight systems to take it off so mortals can train holding the little stuff
been watching some YT vids on men ad women doing these exercises, hanging on a wall nodule with their fingertips and having kettlebell weights attached to their torsos and sometimes holding on with fingers of one hand and holding kettlebells with the other hand, most of them were extremely slim too had zero fat on them and you could see muscles of there fingers.....

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:37 pm
by dill786
been 13 months since i last smoked cigs or weed

proud moment.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:02 pm
by Intrinsic
congrats. Living the good life.

Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:25 pm
by Butcher Bob
dill786 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:37 pm
been 13 months since i last smoked cigs...
Does it get easier?
As far as the cigarettes, what changes have you noticed after one year's time?

At only 3 months quit, I'm still finding it very difficult to not light up. I already broke down and started again in what was a very lucid dream...I still remember the struggle and fail within the dream, as if it were very real. I was relieved when I woke up, to realize it was just a dream.

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:02 pm
by dill786
Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:25 pm
dill786 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:37 pm
been 13 months since i last smoked cigs...
Does it get easier?
As far as the cigarettes, what changes have you noticed after one year's time?

Hmmmm,

only one real one with cigs, which is my breathing has become a lot easier, I am not out of breath when I climb stairs anymore or when I am walking uphill, I have more energy NOW I can walk real long distances without being out of breath,

ys it does get easier, I use to crave cigs first thing in the morning when I quit but NOW I never even think about cigs at all.

i kinda do miss smoking weed but in UK we don't have a culture of smoking pure weed we mix it with cigs, even if I eat edibles and got high I would still wanna smoke a cig as a chaser, but overall I don't have cravings for either cigs or weed

3 months is a good milestone keep it up bob, and don't give in, you come too far now!!

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:41 am
by dill786
so i weighed myself and i am 196 pounds dead on, which in English is 14 stones ( 14 pounds in a stone) even though all my clothes still fit especially my jeans my waistline is still the same 32 inches. i have become more muscular though, muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less space, I am eating like it's going out of fashion, should really go easy on the white rice and pasta, I am eating that on a regular basis especially white rice with chicken and broccoli

still do burpees 100 every day in sets of 10 and 100 squats with a 25-kilo weight plate that I hold in front of me more like hug it tight to my stomach, the weight was actually 20 kilos but I got some cable ties from work and tied 2 x 2.5 kilo small weights to it, to make it 25 kilos, cut down on the skipping, I have also been using a resistance band as a warm-up routine, so many diff types of exercise I can do with the 25-kilo weight plate literally dozens and dozens.

over the winter months and into February I am gonna go full force and try to do it 5 days a week minimum obviously indoors as it gets dark around 4 PM and I don't get in from work till 5.30 PM, so the plan is to just move the dining room table out of the way and lay down the exercise mat and start working out indoors,

i was in the butcher's shop that other day buying some boneless chicken breast and there was a new butcher who i have not seen before, we started chatting and we were talking about politics, he suddenly turned that conversation and out of the blue asked me if i worked in construction i giggled and replied NO i don't but why you think i do, he replied because your arms are really big, that's the first time i got a compliment from a stranger, so i know i am making gains, my missus tells me to but she knows me so its different LOL

i also take whey protein after i workout with some low-fat yogurt to help build muscle, since i quit smoking my appetite has come back too, I think if i didn't workout i would be real fact cunt, so exercising has helped even though i put on 28 pounds in weight in 13 months.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:58 am
by dill786
in the beginning, i did 100 burpees and it took me around 60 mins with breaks in between

Now I can do 100 burpees in 27 mins with lesser breaks in between..

you have to be consistent with burpees to get the time down, basically do them every day or 5 times a day like I've been doing, my legs are a lot thicker now before I had chicken legs I can see the definition in my calf muscles and upper body. recently I've been using the slam ball with the burpees, so as I do a burpee and begin to get up I pick up the slam ball and slam it on the floor and then go down and do another burpee, this fatigues you quicker...

ps, slam ball is 15kg

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:31 pm
by dill786
if anyone fancies doing burpees but are completely clueless, this Aussie guy is good you can see how he does them, you don't have to do the push up till you build enough strength so you can leave that out, and you don't have to do the whole 100, you can start off by doing 50 burpees but in sets of 5 and you can take breaks after you have done every set of maybe 30 seconds or more...

good luck and if you try them let me know, please!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCSEUzwwHU&t=657s

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:34 pm
by Intrinsic
Nah I was never into gym type exercising.
I got enough exercise chainsawing up a 50 ft log and Hauling it to the burn pile. Just handling the chainsaw was a workout. but i got lots of firewood afterwards so.... and sore the next day lol.

Jes difference between country and urban lifestyle I guess, Anyways kudos actively improving your overall health. I know it's hard.

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:30 am
by dill786
15 months have passed since i last smoked weed/cigs, feeling great, can't belive I finally managed to break free from smoking cigs,,,,

still working out 4 to 5 days a week, with the burpees/squats. resistance training,

was looking around my area to join clubs that go wild water swimming, lots of lakes and rivers around my area,

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:53 pm
by Butcher Bob
Dill, thank you for doing this. :)
When the voice in my head is telling me to light up, you are one of the influences I use to stay the course.
Six months in and finally the voice in my head has gone from...I WANT A CIGARETTE!!!...to...I want a cigarette.
One of the oddities that I did not expect, is falling off the wagon in lucid dreams. It has happened three times now and is very real...last time I could distinctly smell and taste it. :p

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:02 pm
by dill786
^ go on bob. keep it up, you have crossed the rubicon

there are no negatives to this all POSITIVE !!!

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm
by dill786
been working out 4 times a week.. heavy weights/ burpees/squats

loading up on the weight NOW as I am getting stronger, been eating lots of white rice/chicken/broccoli not bored of eating the same stuff at the moment, got this blendjet I ordered from America, but they don't sell them in UK. its a blender which you can charge up and use without it being plugged in, so after my workout, I put some water in it and a handful of spinach and kale some peanut/almond butter and one big scoop of protein powder and some ice cubes, I blend that good and I drink it after my workout, so not had and soft drinks like coke for the last 4 months or so and cut out sugar out of my diet, you know as a BRIT we love drinking tea every hour LOL I still do that but minus the sugar took a while to get use to it but now I don't mind it, stopped drinking red bulls and all energy drinks too,

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:51 pm
by Intrinsic
Yeah diet counts I remember when I cut out cheap snacks, potato chips, cheap cookies.. particular things with high fructose corn syrup. night and day
Yanno I'll have to look into this protein powdered stuff, currently for nutrition on the trail I've been kind of relying on powdered milk and nuts even tried the powdered peanut butter.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:28 pm
by rSin
chia seeds are an excellant protein source
they need to be hydrated first

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:07 pm
by Intrinsic
Yep, I love chia seeds. In another lifetime ago, handfuls of them along the Sespe River area every april. Just turn the seed pod upside down in your closed palm and shake and twist ,,,munch. Often you didn't even have to kill the plant.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:45 pm
by dill786
I am going back to cold shower therapy starting tomorrow

has anyone heard of WIM HOFF !!! A dutch man who is a pioneer of cold water therapy and has numerous world records...

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:51 pm
by rSin
everyone with money swears by cold air therapy.

you stand in a chamber in skivvies and sox and your blasted with very cold air. like 100degrees below zero
the goal is to see how long you can take it. 1 to 5 minutes mabe

athletes find it juice all kinds of recovery

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:11 pm
by dill786
i put on 7 pounds in weight, I think its the blender I got, been using it every day for the past few months,,

spinach+ greek yogurt+walnuts@ protein powder blending it all in and drinking it, as well as having 3 meals a day and working out,

ordered a punchbag with a bracket gonna screw it into the outdoor toilet wall in late spring, gonna hit the bag for 20 mins after my main workout..

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:51 pm
by dill786
16 months of NO SMOKING weed/cigs

don't miss the cigs; don't even think about them anymore.

with the weed every now and again i think about getting high but its a fleeting moment and it passes straight away,

it gives me great pleasure to announce to people who ask me for a cig or a light that i don't smoke...
loving it!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:36 pm
by Butcher Bob
Got 7 months no cigs here.
Some things I've noticed...
Being around friends who are smoking, doesn't have any affect on my desire to smoke...I'm thankful for this.
While my lung capacity has not seemed to improve yet, I have noticed that my morning coughing fits are gone.
I'm smoking more cannabis, but it's only aboot a gram a day.
Still want to smoke...but pretty easy now not to.
I like saving the $500/month. :tup:

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:38 pm
by dill786
^ fucking superb bob!!!!

7 months is a decent amount of time, gotr this from google

What happens to your lungs 6 months after quitting smoking?
They may also notice they're coughing up much less mucus and phlegm. This is because the airways are much less inflamed without the constant exposure to cigarette smoke and the chemicals contained within cigarettes

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 am
by dill786
dill786 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:51 pm
16 months of NO SMOKING weed/cigs
correction!!

19 months nearly

I stopped smoking cigs/weed on the 21st of September 2021

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 am
by dill786
Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:36 pm

how many cigs were you smoking a day bob? if you don't mind me asking

$500 a month is a lot on cigs :tup:

and what brand did you smoke,

I use to smoke Benson & hedges cigs, then I stopped the cigs and started smoking tobacco called golden Virginia, you know the ones you roll yourself, it's pure tobacco unlike the cigs which probably have 20 different types of chemicals inside it,

this woman I know who lives across the road from me has COPD and she told me she thinks it was because she smoked tobacco all her life with no filter like cigs......

glad I stopped....

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:40 am
by Butcher Bob
dill786 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 am
how many cigs were you smoking a day bob? if you don't mind me asking

$500 a month is a lot on cigs :tup:

and what brand did you smoke,

I use to smoke Benson & hedges cigs, then I stopped the cigs and started smoking tobacco called golden Virginia, you know the ones you roll yourself, it's pure tobacco unlike the cigs which probably have 20 different types of chemicals inside it,

this woman I know who lives across the road from me has COPD and she told me she thinks it was because she smoked tobacco all her life with no filter like cigs......

glad I stopped....
2 packs a day...Camal Lights...@ $8.03/pack...aboot $480-496 a month

The chemical additives here is bad. Same brand from Canada will be much blander in flavor, because they have better regulations aboot what can/can't be added.

Psychologically, I think I might never get over it. First cig was the summer before I started attending school...by 3rd grade I was a half pack a day. Now it's like a part of me is missing. Right now I'm sitting here more stoned than I want to be, because I keep hitting the bowl in lieu of a cigarette. :p

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:45 pm
by dill786
you gonna kick yourself if you go back to it, all the hard work will go down the drain, stick with it bob...

Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:46 pm
by dill786
not exercised last 10 days, pulled a muscle in my arm, and was hurting when I was doing arm curls, but gonna get back to it tomorrow after fasting..

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:03 pm
by Butcher Bob
Today is 9 months since I last bought smokes. Still have the full and open packs from when I quit...they're my fukking trophies. :p Irony is that those last packs were $8.03 .....and I noticed last night that the price has dropped to $7.84 now.
I still REALLY want to smoke...but so far I've been successful telling myself 'no'. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:15 pm
by dill786
that's cheap

£15.95 a pack of 20 cigs so that's around $20

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:32 am
by ripper5
Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:36 pm
Some things I've noticed...
Being around friends who are smoking, doesn't have any affect on my desire to smoke...I'm thankful for this.
While my lung capacity has not seemed to improve yet, I have noticed that my morning coughing fits are gone.
I'm smoking more cannabis, but it's only aboot a gram a day.
Still want to smoke...but pretty easy now not to.
$500 will get ya a brand new Volcano classic with enough left over for lunch.

That's what I did back in 05. I used the high price of the unit as a further reason to quit all smoking including the ganja, and nowadays my lungs have hardly ever felt better.
T'was way worth it. I tried a bong session after the first 2 weeks smoke free, because I thought I missed the routine, but upon having the bong smoke I realized that it added nothing but the bad to the whole experience. Never looked back.

To be honest, I did chew the nicotine gum for years. Switched to regular gum for awhile then just completely stopped.

Now a days I'm working on an extreme reduction in my consumption of beer. Not trying to quit entirely, just ceasing the "habit" part of it. I find that no matter whatever urge I have, it's just a waiting game when it comes to overcoming it in the moment. The urge always passes if it's not fulfilled. I practice remembering the negatives whenever the thought occurs. Fwiw

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:24 pm
by dill786
^ awesome

congrats ripper !!!

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:33 pm
by Prawn Connery
It takes about a year or so to get over the cravings. I was a two-pack-a-day smoker for 20 years.

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:08 pm
by Butcher Bob
Another aspect of quitting the smokes for me, is that I've never expected it to be permanent....still don't. :dunno:
Started out, me being too sick to smoke. I just figured I'd ride that out as long as I could. Currently I just keep telling myself, just make it to one year, then you can start again if you want. When the time gets here, I'll just figure out a new lie to tell myself. :p Still, I know there are circumstances that would have me right back at it....like if only 6 months to live was given, I'd light up.

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:25 am
by Prawn Connery
Haha! That's how I gave up, too. Got sick, didn't smoke for three days, then turned it into a challenge to see how long I could go without a smoke. After a year I still had cravings. Even to this day I sometimes have dreams where I'm smoking and am very disappointed in myself until I wake up.

But the only way to truly give up is to go cold turkey and never give in. Just one smoke or drag was all it took for me to start again after trying to give up numerous times in the past. But now I haven't had a cigarette for just over 20 years and I feel better for it.

The hardest thing about giving up is convincing yourself that you're a non-smoker. It's the psychological aspect. For years you've been in the "us and them" camp – "smoker" vs "non-smoker" – and all the "fuck yous" that come with being a smoker treated like a leper.

Eventually, you come to realise that you are no longer a smoker and you also start to lose the attitude. I've tried not to be one of those reformed smokers who harangues smokers and I don't mind people smoking around me, but I won't even touch a joint if it has tobacco in it.

You just have to be stubborn about it. I'm sure you can be stubborn, Bob :toker1:

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:17 pm
by Butcher Bob
Eh, yeah...I can identify with almost all of that...except...
...it does not feel like an on/off switch for me.
I AM a smoker. :smoke:
Keep in mind...my first cigarette, I was 4 years old...
...by 8, I was stealing/buying at the rate of a half pack a day...
...as a freshman in high school I was up to a pack a day.
By some miracle, I quit during my sophomore and junior years...
...because my buddy and I got into bodybuilding/weightlifting.
But then he went off to the army, I bummed a smoke from another friend, and the very next day...
...I was right back to being a pack a day smoker, just in time for my senior year...
...and I had started smoking pot as well. :rollitiup:
Over the next 40 years, I worked myself up to two packs a day...three if I was drinking.
I have "quit" dozens of times during those 40 years...the longest I've made it was three weeks, on the nose.
Oh no, I lie...when I had my hip replaced, I quit for 6 weeks so the bone would heal proper...then right back at it.
Even now, I feel like half my brain is still mentally smoking...
...while the other half spends all it's time removing any trace of that happening. :p

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:40 pm
by dill786
well prawn, ripper and i have managed to stop I am sure you can too..

don't give up !!!

9 months is along time

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:56 pm
by dill786
I've been wanting to give up smoking for years but not weed but for the life of me I can't smoke joints with no tobacco, I just cough and cough non-stop I tried a few times when I was growing and had lots of spare weed around, but could never get the hang of smoking weed neat,

One day out of the blue I got a phone call from the doctor's surgery ( we call doctors' office surgeries in the UK) the receptionist asked if i wanted a free blood test, for cholesterol, and blood sugar levels she said its for everyone its a government thing and we are phoning all our patents to ask if they want it, i said NO i am sorry i work till 5 PM every day she replied it's ok we are open till 8 PM for blood tests and i said oh well OK ill be there, so i went and gave blood and she asked me if i smoked cigs i said YES i smoke cigs and i smoke weed, she said ok ill write that down for the doctor.

A few days late she rings me again and says we have your results but i am not a doctor so I can't give you the results so i am ringing to make an appointment so the doctor can ring you back for a phone consultation what is the best time for you,

a few days later the doctor rings me and tells me that my cholesterol is fine and I am not diabetic but i should really stop smoking cigs as it affects all my organs and there might be a time when one of your organs might not bounce back from the nicotine all the rest of the chemicals that are in cigs, he spoke to me like he was a friend and it really resonated with me this was 19 months ago and i have not smoked since..

so i like to thank DR Suzuki for helping me to quit smoking.

recently i hear that the government is giving cigarette smokers £400 of vouchers so they can switch to E-cigs instead...

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:38 pm
by deran
congrats to ur transformation! hats off to you sir!

regarding wim hof, im doing some breath work in team with novak djokovic, some "short" 5 - 10 min videos on YT you can easily follow along, but there is more, there is a video of him in a hospital getting injected with escherichia, as far as i can remember, and something happens that is against all medicinal rules, he is able to fight escherichia purely with his breath and his fortified immune system, very interesting with lots of unanswered questions

im also surprised that im not the only one in here working more actively towards less tobacco, bc i love my bong i wont ever totally quit tobacco, but i did reduce it, got myself a big vape, and thats my main intake form of nicotine, in the morning i love a cig with my coffee, and i like a smoke after a good meal and of course 20-30% within the bong weed mix, 30 grams of pueblo tobacco lasting more than a week, and its cheaper in the long run, but those fuckers started taxing any vaping goods, no matter if it has nicotine or not, finally a ban on one-time vapes in 2026, that crap you couldnt refill or re-charge

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:28 pm
by dill786
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:17 pm
Eh, yeah...I can identify with almost all of that...except...
...it does not feel like an on/off switch for me.
I AM a smoker. :smoke:
Keep in mind...my first cigarette, I was 4 years old...
Have you ever considered smoking E-cig s!?

you might not crave cigs as much if you do!!

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:02 am
by Butcher Bob
dill786 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:28 pm
Have you ever considered smoking E-cig s!?

you might not crave cigs as much if you do!!
I've had folks recommend all kinds of crutches...
...pills that make you sick if you smoke, patches that make you sick if you smoke, patches with nicotine, nicotine gum, vaping, throwing away my smokes that were left when I quit, eating hard candy or chewing gum, etc.
I tried the e-cigs a couple years ago...it is not the same, i.e. does not fill the missing gap. :dunno: Besides, I tease my brother for sucking on his little plastic dildo...how would that look if I started. :p
No, I'm kicking an addiction...and you're not really kicking it, if you're just changing the method of delivery.
There were a few times in the beginning when I held a cigarette in one hand and a lighter in the other...but didn't light up. Once held them for a whole movie, before returning the cig to it's box.
If I'm going to do this, nicotine is going to have to fuk right off. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:21 am
by dill786
^ thats the spirit :)

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:28 pm
by Butcher Bob
Happened again, another lucid dream.
Very real, two cigarettes...and then the disappointment in myself as I went and bought a pack.
Then I woke up.
<giant sigh of relief>
:)

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:12 pm
by dill786
keep at it bob, you're doing really well,

when i stopped smoking weed, I was getting some weird and vivid dreams, some of them were really depressing and it lasted for around 2 months....

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:17 pm
by rSin
but if it was lucid, doesnt that means you knew it was a dream at the time so it was ok???

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:26 pm
by dill786
rSin wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:17 pm
but if it was lucid, doesnt that means you knew it was a dream at the time so it was ok???
I've had lucid dreams before when I knew I was dreaming and I was flying around the world jumping of mountains could feel the cold breeze on my face as i was flying through the clouds....

but with the weed, dreams were really depressing and melancholy and I was really depressed when I awoke in the morning but now its been nearly 20 months, not had any bad depressing dreams anymore.

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:31 pm
by dill786
The Asian squat is not easy as it looks, has lots of benefits to it, I've been doing it for a while at first my knees started to hurt and I could only squat for around 30 seconds before I got up, but now I can easily squat for 5 mins at a time, I squat for 5 mins x 3 before I start my workout, you can feel your tendons really stretch when you get back up and its great feeling..

Benefits of Asian Squats

Combat the Problems Associated with Sitting.
Strengthen Legs.
Improves Posture.
Improve Ankle Mobility and Flexibility.
Promotes Better Positioning for Olympic Lifting Exercises.
Useful During Pregnancy to Alleviate Pain.
Reduce Tight Calves.
Reduces Pressure on Joints and Bones.

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:05 pm
by MadMoonMan
Yeah, right. I'm a big camper you know learn to start your own fire by farting and flicking your bic at same time... Seriously, I've not accomplished it yet butt I'm still practicing. One dAY.. Oh yeah... and I'm going to publish it and I will be rich beyond believe. Methane... perpetual energy..... Anyway, as usual I was going to say something butt then I forgot.

PeACE AND Brotherhood among Men and Women.

Humanity

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:22 pm
by MadMoonMan
Anyway, I wAS going to say I went camping in the mountains and woke up one morning. I hate waking up on cold side of mountains when camping but my brother insistred... I think he is a vampire he hates the sun.

So, next morning .. we wake up and there is a smaLL waterrfall and a pool of water. He dares me to jump in it.

Yes, I do and everything I have touching mountain cold water.... shrinks......... yes. you girls don't know what that means with us guys.... unlesss you watch Seinfeld....

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:53 am
by Butcher Bob
rSin wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:17 pm
I am probably using the term wrong. :p
The dreams seem as if real, but I don't realize I'm dreaming...until I wake up.

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:57 pm
by rSin
ah. dont know a word for dreams that are solid as reality. most of mine are wobbly enough i realize im dreaming.
most folks get the flash that their dreaming but they then wake up. its lucid if after your aware your actually asleep somewhere and dream you stay in it.

when i get to fly in dreams its usually a piss poor flying ability. like only being able to get a few feet off the ground or you get to fly good for a minute but then the power ebbs and i drift back down. had the superman one a couple of times. the first time i did i said 'fuck ya! lets see the solar system!!!' and i flew up and out of the atmosphere, on past the moon and kept going and accelerating.

it was interesting as i came across lots of rocks, all sizes. they were incredibly dusty i noticed

hope you guys are well. havnt smoked a bowl in 26 days. at 30 they want a clean test; my lead explained that to me when i told him 'thats when they will give you your own van. he said he had to do the same to get his company car.

was gonna ask the guy who hired me today if i could test tomorrow but he was out of the office by the time i got back so i guess i will be another week. ah well. the dreams have been worth it at least

peace

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:20 am
by dill786
26 days go on ben, smashin' it !!

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:57 am
by Butcher Bob
rSin wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:57 pm
havnt smoked a bowl in 26 days. at 30 they want a clean test;
Cakewalk! :tup:
Good job. :)

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:22 pm
by deran
:facepalm:

pushing those tests .... i am ashamed reading this

:facepalm:

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:14 pm
by rSin
no kidding deran!
man the anti-thc propaganda is reaching a fever pitch around here. blaming high test weed and concentrates for teenage psycosis and suicide.

fuckers

holy shit,
dreamed last night i was a body cloned by myself in order to provide donor organs. usually the cloned body isnt supposed to have a brain but i did and had woke up and was yelling for help.

grisly

Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:55 am
by ripper5
Last two times I had to get clean, it took me eight weeks both times. That's from everyday usage for months. I was carrying around about an extra twenty to fifteen pounds body weight at the time. Not too bad for someone my middle age. Nowadays I'm down to only maybe ten extra. I'm not short but I'm not tall either.

Anyways, not drinking beer on the regular has me feeling healthier especially in the digestive area, which was feeling a bit worn.

The best addiction now is that fresh hot cup of dark & bold coffee (black) with my vaper hitz especially in the morning but also great whenever! :rollitiup:

Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:35 pm
by deran
rSin wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:14 pm
no kidding deran!
man the anti-thc propaganda is reaching a fever pitch around here. blaming high test weed and concentrates for teenage psycosis and suicide.

fuckers

holy shit,
dreamed last night i was a body cloned by myself in order to provide donor organs. usually the cloned body isnt supposed to have a brain but i did and had woke up and was yelling for help.

grisly
id ask my boss if he doesnt want to get rich? of course there is only 1 answer .... so then, let me work, i gotta work to do, im not here for some fancy drug testing ... whats he gonna do?

dont be the slave inside the matrix \m/

:emp:

Posted: Thu May 04, 2023 9:27 pm
by rSin
so i learned today that when they said 30 days they meant 30 work days.
which means 42 days...

two weeks still to still to go!
almost tempted to burn one down

almost...

Posted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:25 pm
by rSin
so i too my test, came up and decided to spark up
was expecting to get high as a kite

didnt happen
kinda let down here...

Posted: Mon May 22, 2023 3:22 pm
by dill786
update*
so the end of this month it will be 21 months of no smoking....

I weigh myself once a week to see if I put on weight due to me eating a lot more while training and not smoking, the last few months my weight has been the same,14 stones which is 88 kilos or 196 pounds so no change in weight.

sometimes I am really in the mood for exercise and I kill it in the garden, with burpees /squats and lifting weights, every now again I have a bad workout and I struggle to do it and sometimes I want to give up halfway through, but I persist and finish it off, feels great afterwards..

diet is not that good I eat what I want apart from the sugar, but sometimes I cave in and eat a half pack of biscuits, that's cookies for the Americans and biscuits are loaded with sugar... still need to get the punchbag so I can punch the fuck out of it....

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 8:28 am
by ripper5
^
I remember that natural high after a good workout. Yeah when it comes to exercise, the trick really is consistency. That's where the sometimes wall of a lack of any noticeable gain gets overcome by will.

Been a month without a beer. Was surprised to see on my bank statement was seven different occasions I purchased it last month, I thought it was about half that.
... still need to get the punchbag so I can punch the fuck out of it!
Ive got a heavy bag I haven't used in forever. It's set up in the basement though, hanging from the steel beam that is the main support for the house. I need to clear the junk out of the way. I've had it since about 1980 and it's still swinging.

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:06 am
by Butcher Bob
Two more months, I'll hit a year. :)

When I first quit, I was worried aboot weight gain. Tracked it for aboot 4 months...pretty much stayed in the 180-185 lb range. So I quit tracking. At Easter I check again...203 lb. :frown: This is the 2nd time in life I've gotten above 200...first time was from too much beer, but I was fit, just had a layer of fat. :p. Really need to get to aboot 175 lb.

Haven't started any kind of workout yet. Lung capacity won't allow any aerobic activity...I get winded from just walking. Thinking I should just get started with 10 burpees a day, and add another set every week or two.

For the last 20 years or so, I've pretty much only drank energy drinks...3 to 5 a day. Got to thinking, all that fructose can't be good for my liver, so I'm trying to switch to more water, less energy drink. I'm down to 1 to 2 energy drinks a day now...the rest is made up of those slightly flavored Propel waters or slightly flavored carbonated waters, both have 0 calories.

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:22 am
by dill786
congrats bro, one year is a welcome and a real positive milestone...

if you can go for walks, I mean fast pace walks and time yourself your lung capacity will definitely improve, timing yourself is great you can pick up the pace so you beat yesterday's time and so on.... walking uphill will give your lungs and calf muscles a good workout, doing jumping jacks in the garden or In a room can help your lungs get a good workout too, as ripper said in his post being consistent is the real key to it..

keep us informed on your progress.....

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 am
by dill786
ripper5 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:28 am
^
I remember that natural high after a good workout. Yeah when it comes to exercise, the trick really is consistency. That's where the sometimes wall of a lack of any noticeable gain gets overcome by will.

Been a month without a beer. Was surprised to see on my bank statement was seven different occasions I purchased it last month, I thought it was about half that.
... still need to get the punchbag so I can punch the fuck out of it!
Ive got a heavy bag I haven't used in forever. It's set up in the basement though, hanging from the steel beam that is the main support for the house. I need to clear the junk out of the way. I've had it since about 1980 and it's still swinging.
yep.

this is what I've been doing until a few days ago, but an hour or so I ago I really pushed myself in the garden, I did over 5000 skips and 100 arm curls, feeling great that I pushed myself,

skipping or jumping rope is a great exercise and it really makes your heartbeat, burns loads of calories too get rid of the stomach fat haha !!

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 11:56 am
by dill786
jumping rope is one the best cardio exercises, it's very low impact and it's hard to pull a muscle so its really safe to do, you just need high enough ceilings to do it indoors, just get a skipping rope with wooden handles and the leather whip so it's a bit heavy, they give you extra length so you can cut it to your size and you're ready to jump or you can do it in the garden on some concrete, or lay down a thin mat so the rope don't get scuffed on the concrete....

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 6:50 pm
by ripper5
I'm weighing in @ 81.6 kilos 180#s
My target weight is 70 to 77 kilos 155 to 170#s

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:08 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I’m 315 pounds……I haven’t smoked weed in 6 months to help stop the late night eating and it seems to have worked…I think the problem now is that all my kids have moved out and I still cook dinner proportions as if they all still lived here…I’ll be lucky to live to be 60 if I don’t get this under control.

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:15 pm
by rSin
cook those dinners!
but cut em up and divide them for a week.
freeze if more

then
enjoy the new time off not having to cook them everyday affords!!!

gotta be some disipline you got couldnt need a new force hard at work at...

baby steps,
takes a vision...

Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:57 pm
by ripper5
I'll share... that vaping all day, every day, is why I can run with my dog, and not breathe out of my mouth but through the nose. Mid fifties, and I feel every bit of it at times... especially in the morning arthritis in the hands...but other times I'm still a just slightly less "lean mean fighting machine!"

Posted: Wed May 24, 2023 8:15 am
by dill786
Solid Gold Butt Plug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:08 pm
I’m 315 pounds……I haven’t smoked weed in 6 months to help stop the late night eating and it seems to have worked…I think the problem now is that all my kids have moved out and I still cook dinner proportions as if they all still lived here…I’ll be lucky to live to be 60 if I don’t get this under control.
go on the OMAD diet ( one meal a day) and get a jump rope you will lose weight and get fit at the same time, give yourself 3 months and you will see results

just drink water or drink tea/ coffee without sugar during the day and have your ONE meal in the evenings after your skipping workout do it for 12 weeks and you will lose the weight,

drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and stick to the OMAD diet.

do skipping for cardio and get a resistance band or just find a real heavy rock in the garden and start throwing the bastard around,pick up rock and repeat and mix it in with skipping,

basically50 or 100 skips, rest a little pick up the rock and carry it around or any weight you can find, then go back to skipping, back and forth for 20/30 mins every day...

Posted: Thu May 25, 2023 7:26 am
by rSin
this...
trampoline small.jpg
trampoline small.jpg (19.63 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Rebound exercise begins as soon as someone steps on a rebounder and begins to move their body. It can be highly aerobic — full-on sprints and interval training are ideal on a rebounder, because it does not jar the physical body anywhere near as much as does hard ground — or it can be very slow and gentle, with only a gentle rocking taking place.

Just as rebounders have evolved from poorly made spring-based units to modern spring-based units and high-end bungee-based units, the types of exercise and movement done on rebounders has evolved as well.

Al Carter initially introduced the distinction between the “health bounce”[8] (a gentle rocking motion that anyone in any state of health can do, which was said to stimulate the immune system), an “aerobic bounce” that involved elevating the heart rate (either running in place or dancing), and the “strength bounce,” which involved higher bouncing with both feet leaving the mat (leading to both abdominal and lower body strength directly as well as to the strengthening of all bodily cells through the accelerative force applied (see Claimed Benefits below)
jumpers.jpg
jumpers.jpg (30.65 KiB) Viewed 265 times
wiki - small trampoline lead to rebound excercise and i found this picture there. havnt seen those boots before. can anyone make out the manufacturer???

what i did see almost 30 years ago was the same idea. but the blades or springs if you will were longer, extending front and back at least a foots out from under your footprint. i recall these blades being 'skinKneeEr'. they looked dangerous but awesome how high you could jump. how much faster you could run wearing them. out in the high desert lots of canyons you have to climb are steep and boulder strewn. rattlesnake canyon is one. always though i could get through faster if i could jump down from greater height in safety.

heh

Posted: Fri May 26, 2023 4:29 pm
by dill786
i had a really good workout today, smashed it for a whole hour put everything into it,

I have a 15-kilo slam ball which I pick up and slam against the wall I did that 100 times and in between I did 100 arm curls and 5000 skips.

gonna buy a 20-kilo slamball now, the 15-kilo is not heavy as it used to be, just goes to show I m getting stronger, also gonna get a sack and fill it with sand maybe so it weighs around 50 to 60 kgs and carry that up and down the garden also pick up the sack lift it to my left shoulder and put it down again and then the right shoulder ill do sets of that in between my skipping and slamball routine.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:22 pm
by dill786
feeling a lot stronger recently, I have been lifting more heavy weights and consuming plenty of protein eating well, cutting out the chocolates, cakes, crisps or chips as you call them, these days I look forward to training I think I have reached a " state of flow" another thing which makes me enthusiastic to exercising is I am seeing physical changes to my body so that's encouraging me to to take it to the next level..

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:33 pm
by ripper5
I had some hefe weissbier so time to start over again. Enjoyed the flavor & refreshment!

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:38 pm
by ripper5
Just digging the holes for my chilis showed me how out of shape my lower back is! Lol...I've been doing planks, jogging with my Doggie girl, push ups, squats, kicks, stretch every way I can imagine....

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:40 pm
by ripper5
Note: my shovel lacks a handle. It's a entrenching tool literally.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:43 pm
by dill786
I've been taking Lions Mane mushroom capsules for almost 3 months, 2 a day takes a while before it kicks in from what I have been reading, not had any negative effects but not felt anything different or positive either up to now, still have another 3 months worth of capsules left,

Protects against dementia.
Relieves mild depression and anxiety.
Speeds nervous system injury recovery.
Protects against ulcers.
Reduces heart disease risk.
Helps manage diabetes symptoms.
May help fight cancer.
Reduces inflammation.

I was thinking of actually growing the mushrooms myself in the spare box bedroom where I used to grow weed, looks straightforward..

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:52 pm
by rSin
its very straightforward

but be sure to follow decontamination regiments precisely in and around innoculation

and, plan it so your innoculations occur first thing in the morning
a night has the dust more settled than anytime after youve started moving around

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:47 pm
by dill786
How's it going fellas !?

I took around 7 days off training, did it today and really felt it, my arms are sore, and I am still mixing it up with skipping and weights,

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:20 pm
by dill786
22 months not smoked cigs or weeds, another 2 months and its 2 years...

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:46 pm
by Lrus007
congrats well done

Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:13 pm
by Butcher Bob
In 11 days, it will have been a year since I last bought cigs...figure I've saved aboot $5,964 since then.
In 29 days, it will have been a year since I smoked a cig. It didn't taste good, and I had pretty much been off them for two weeks.
Still want to smoke every day, but it's fairly easy to just remind myself that I don't smoke any more.

Aboot two months ago, I weighed myself...203 lbs, or 92 kg. Second highest in my life...highest was 205 lbs/93 kg once before.
Started replacing my high fructose energy drinks with 0 calorie flavored water. Weighed 192 lbs/87 kg this morning.
Goal is to get down under 170 lbs/77 kg.

Still finding myself severely out of breath after just small exertions. Makes any kind of effective exercise difficult. :(
I will keep trying to get there though. :)
Apparently I've influenced a friend to quit smoking...been 3 weeks for him now.
Thanks for the inspiration Dill...I'm paying it forward. :)

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am
by dill786
so you could save $10k in 2 years... nice vacation to Europe :toker1:

what exercises are you doing, you tried skipping, that's one of the best cardio exercises and it's a very low-impact exercise seeing as you only jump less than 6 inches off the ground so injuries will be minimized, get your heart racing with skipping and lose lots of weight in the process, you can do it in your garden or indoors if your ceiling is high enough....

this is the skipping rope I have, with wooden handles and leather rope, which can be adjusted and cut down to size...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264785013081 ... %3A2047675

you're doing great so far though... :tup:

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:46 pm
by rSin
a way to take rope jumping down a notch is to do it on one of those mini trampolines people job in place on
it takes some serious cordination but its much lower impact once you get the hang of it

helpful for a great many reasons...

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:50 pm
by Butcher Bob
dill786 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:44 am
what exercises are you doing,
That's a sticking point for me. In addition to the smoker's lungs, 30 extra pounds, and decade of sedentary life style...I have ALS, basically arthritis of the spine. At this point, almost the whole spine and rib cage are fused into one bone. My chest doesn't expand when I breath...my belly does. :p Walking is actually the recommended exercise...I've just never really liked aerobic exercise. :facepalm:

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:57 pm
by ripper5
You do what you're comfortable with. Even moderate exercise is beneficial if done consistently.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:03 pm
by ripper5
Best non impact is swimming if possible

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:02 pm
by dill786
23 months of cigarette cessation tomorrow... :laugh:

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:36 pm
by dill786
The last month I've been on the OMAD diet ( one meal a day) and I lost 6 pounds without even trying and I never felt hungry during the day at all....

frigging awesome, I recommend it if anyone wants to lose tiny bit of weight.....

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:13 pm
by Lrus007
congrats
i have only ate 1 meal a day for like over 20 years now.
in the last 3 years i went from 260 lbs to 215 now. 15 to go.
i just made my meal a little smaller. i am doing it slowly
so i can keep it off.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:08 am
by Butcher Bob
July 2...
Aboot two months ago, I weighed myself...203 lbs, or 92 kg.
Weighed 192 lbs/87 kg this morning.

Now...
Weighed 187 lbs/85 kg Monday morning.
Have shed 16 lbs/7 kg by just switching from high fructose beverages to water. :)

Is great to hear of everyone's progress...keep it up. :tup:

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:12 pm
by dill786
well done bob.

even better than losing weight is not consuming all that sugar that's in energy drinks....

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:03 am
by dill786
it's been 2 years this month since i last smoked cigs and weed, so it's a really big deal for me, I started smoking cigs at 15 and weed at 16

I've lost 9 pounds of weight without trying ( OMAD)

since last week I've been taking taurine powder mixed in water, too early to give it a review but the benefits are..
Taurine has important functions in the heart and brain. It helps support nerve growth. It might also benefit people with heart failure by lowering blood pressure and calming the nervous system. This might help prevent heart failure from becoming worse.
and many more benefits,

I mix it with water and its tasteless and odourless...

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:30 am
by dill786
I am still pushing reps almost every day, loading up on the weights as i am getting stronger, and mixing up my exercises so my body doesn't get used to doing the same exercises.. watching what i eat too, out with the sugar and huge amounts of carbs,

i had a routine checkup at the hospital (BUPA) part of my company's benefits for its workers, had my Triglyceride levels checked and it was 0.9 any readings above 1.7 is high so mine was excellent, my cholesterol level is 4.0 anything above 5.0 is high and your chances of getting heart issues increase so mine was very good in fact nearly 40% of the UK have readings well above 5.0, my blood pressure on that day was 122/78 which was excellent...

i don't miss the cigs at all, but sometimes i do miss getting high

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:36 pm
by dill786
nearly coming up to 25 months over 2 years since I last smoked weed and cigs

feel great my weight has not changed 196 pounds ( 88 kilos),

not worked out for the past week, i am making some changes to my house and need to supervise the various tradesmen that keep coming and going, I can't wait to get back to it, now winter is drawing in, and nothing much to do in the evenings apart from working out,

still taking the vitamin D tablets and the taurine powder,

hows everyone else doing???

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:57 pm
by Butcher Bob
Over 15 months here...AND I STILL WANT TO SMOKE EVERY DAY!! :pullhair:
New lie...I'm going to just break my record. I quit for 2 years in high school.
When I reach 2 years, I'll have to think up a new lie. :p

Weight has been around 190 lbs for several months now.

I do a multi for general health, D and zinc for immune system, and A to help the lungs.

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:15 pm
by dill786
gone up to 200 pounds, but clothes fit the same, so i think i put on more muscle which is why i weigh more..

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:17 pm
by dill786
This is the heaviest I've ever been, but i am more athletic and have more stamina than i had since i was teenage boxer.

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:52 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I just hit my heaviest weight ever at 333

I quit smoking mj a few days short of 11 months ago and I put on weight.

I quit soda and any drink with sugar 3 months ago, I dropped a few pounds and went right back to gaining.

Now I quit eating late night, I can eat what ever I want to during the day but once the wife goes to bed no eating at all….I’ve dropped 11 pounds in 10 days…..I would guess more than half my calorie intake came during late night eating….My goal is under 300 by the new year.

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:33 pm
by dill786
The sugary drinks are the fucking worst, just quitting sugar will help you lose lots of weight...
I have put on weight too, but i am lifting heavier and have more stamina nd my clothes still fit..

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:40 pm
by Butcher Bob
Especially bad in the US, is high fructose corn syrup...we have that shit in tons of foods and beverages. :(

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:29 pm
by Intrinsic
You're right about the high fructose corn syrup. I cut that out of my diet and everything got better less weight, better shits... it acts like an enzyme laying down fat.
And food tastes better without it.

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:52 pm
by dill786
i didnt fancy doing my workout today, had to force myself to do it, finally i managed it and feel a lot better for doing it....

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:33 pm
by ben ttech
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:40 pm
Especially bad in the US, is high fructose corn syrup...we have that shit in tons of foods and beverages. :(
youd be amazed how much is in things youd think of as staples
canned food for instance. the load it with corn syrup then they salt the fuck out of it so you dont notice

it takes diligence to avoid the stuff...

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:39 pm
by Lrus007
well made some changes over last few years.
1st was peanut butter is old fashioned now. have to stir,
but is peanuts and salt that's it. then oils i have used up
last of the crisco about a month ago. now peanut or coconut
oil is all i got. then soda have 1 every other month or so with
my 1 a month pizza. is either a mexican soda or a craft rootbeer.
there still made with real sugar. speaking of sugar i buy C&H sugar.
is still cane sugar not beet sugar. C&H is heavily subsidized buy the gov.
to keep it's price down.
good job on bettering yourself's every one :tup:

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:12 pm
by dill786
ben ttech wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:33 pm
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:40 pm
youd be amazed how much is in things youd think of as staples
canned food for instance. the load it with corn syrup then they salt the fuck out of it so you dont notice

it takes diligence to avoid the stuff...
Any words on the labels on the back of food that contains the letters "0se" at the end is sugar, like fructose, dextrose, sucrose, Lactose , glucose

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:32 am
by dill786
i wonder how many people have low vitamin D levels, in the US over 40% of people have low levels.

I've been taking 5000 IU (international units) every day for the past 6 months, I ran out that other day and I have ordered some more, but I am thinking of taking 10.000 IU every day now its cold outside and I don't get any sun a tall, I feel lot better after taking it for 6 months I think I had fuck all in my body and it takes a while before your levels are topped up hence taking the 10.000 iu daily

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:23 am
by Intrinsic
Yep vitamin D is important. Doesn't the UK fortify milk with vitamin D too?
Tho I get so much vitamin D melanomia is a risk :mrgreen:

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:29 am
by dill786
not all milk is fortified in the UK, raw milk isn't.

the fortified milk has only 100 IU which isn't a lot.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 am
by dill786
i heard that mushrooms are high in vitamin D. Later on i found out that the mushrooms that have been hit by UV light are high in vit D and the regular ones that I've been eating arnt

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:30 am
by dill786
been reading that you should take vitamin D tabs with something fat-soluble food, I've not been doing that, but is that why it's not been as effective, some yt vids don't even mention anything about taking it with fat-soluble food ?

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:26 pm
by Butcher Bob
Pretty sure I saw something aboot taking it with zinc...makes the vit D more accessible to the body. Plus, zinc is good for your immune system.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:49 pm
by dill786
how many mg of zinc do you take a day, i read no more than 40mg is advisable, but I read 80mg a day is ok too

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:13 am
by Butcher Bob
5000 iu vit D and 50 mg zinc.

Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:09 am
by dill786
Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:13 am
5000 iu vit D and 50 mg zinc.
thanks, brother...

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:21 am
by dill786
just a little update....

I have not exercised for over a week or more, lost my mojo but I have psyched myself up again and will start exercising again later on tonight

been taking 10,000 IU vitamin D + 50mg zinc+ 1500mg magnesium glycinate

still weigh the same 195 pounds, still of the weed and cigs, 26 months now,

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:25 am
by Butcher Bob
Coming up on a year and a half...still want to smoke EVERY FUKKING DAY!...still not doing it. :)

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:33 am
by ripper5
They turned my water off a few weeks ago. Finally paid on Saturday to have it back on. Tuesday morning rolls around and finally they turned it back on, and alas! No hot water!! So, no long awaited hot shower for me. My electric water heater is from 1980. Its probably the heater elements finally gave up, I'm guessing.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:10 am
by Intrinsic
Did you let the tank drain? Look around there might be a reset button.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:21 am
by ripper5
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:10 am
Did you let the tank drain? Look around there might be a reset button.
Not yet. I popped the top plate off and didn't see a reset. Yeah, I changed out the heater cores to one just like it, like 27 years ago lol.

So, also, this all happened because the transmission in my car broke, and they're like $6000+ and I've been paycheck to paycheck. Tried to finance a new one, but haven't been making enough & they don't consider making deliveries out of your own vehicle, real work, Fuckers!

So, all that has to do with this thread because I've been on foot since Sunday a week ago. I have two grocery stores a miles walk in opposite directions. It's a nice workout carrying my groceries back, including gallon water jugs lol

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:27 am
by ripper5
Wish I had a back pack.

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:52 pm
by ripper5
Ok, there is a reset button. I was in such a hurry yesterday, been cleaning up 25 years worth of junk because they had to walk through yesterday sooz I can sell. By yesterday, I felt 100 years old in my lower back especially. I had to call an uber to and from the grocery & liquor & back, after I attempted to walk it again & realized I wouldn't make it. :laugh: They'd a found me dead in a ditch :bonghitter:

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:30 pm
by ripper5
:woohoo: Yay hot water! It did just need resetting. Was too wore out yesterday after 4 days of straight up pushing it.

Posted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:36 pm
by dill786
update..

still weigh 15 stones which is 210 pounds, added more weights to my routine as I am getting stronger and lifting heavier. I stopped skipping for a while but now it's not as cold outdoors I am skipping again, around 20 mins of it before I start lifting, not used the pull-up bar since I screwed it into the wall, still can't do one fucking pull up lol, now I m heavier but my goal is to do 10 straight pull-ups so that's what I going to work towards.

don't miss cigs or weed at all now, don't even casually think about them as I used to a while ago, It has been around 28 months since I last smoked

My mate was saying to join the gym but fuck it, it's downtown and I have to go through the traffic and park up and it's just a hassle, I have motivation so ill be ok but I know what he means as if I work out with other people ill be more motivated and there's a certain amount of comradery
and they have lots more machines too plus the sauna and the steam room, the sauna is really good for the health that is why these NORDIC bastards are so fit and healthy, they usually go into the sauna 3 times a week, studies have been done that saunas are really good for your health.

Posted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I’m seven stones heavier than you and do two clean pull ups.

Posted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:33 pm
by dill786
Solid Gold Butt Plug wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 pm
I’m seven stones heavier than you and do two clean pull ups.
respect bro

you must have good upper body strength

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:18 am
by ben ttech
back when i was in climbing shape i could crank out mabe 22 pullups
my climbing partner could do 50 plus
saw a top boulderer crank out 19 one arm pullup recently

remember being asked how many i could do and my answer was 'why would i want to do one???"

campus'ing is far more useful
combines the pull with a throw to a higher edge or bar

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:25 pm
by dill786
is that why there are no fat bastards in climbing!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:00 pm
by dill786
damn never knew

The smokers had 15% higher total testosterone levels and 13% higher free testosterone levels when compared to men who never smoked in their lives. Even more surprising was that increasing the number of cigarettes per day appeared to simultaneously increase both total and free testosterone levels

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:44 am
by dill786
Update

Still weigh 210 pounds ( 15 stones) didn't really work out through Ramadan, but getting back into it.. Want to put on muscle now, so gonna work out through the summer to achieve it.. Still not 100% on the diet, still eat biscuits and sweet stuff

Nearly 30 months off the cigs and weed...

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:32 pm
by ben ttech
dill786 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:25 pm
is that why there are no fat bastards in climbing!!!

plenty of fat bastards out there climb, but
they have tosick to the easier stuff that you mostly climb up using you legs to push and your arms mostly for balance...

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm
by Butcher Bob
A year and 9 months...

...and I STILL WANT TO SMOKE !! :pullhair:

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:38 am
by dill786
Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm
A year and 9 months...

...and I STILL WANT TO SMOKE !! :pullhair:
maybe its because you still smoke joints ?

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 am
by Butcher Bob
Well technically bowls. I smoke maybe a gram a day...a puff here, a puff there. And even as I'm hitting the bowl to curb the desire I'm thinking, this is not what I want...I'm craving tobacco. I'm assuming my body/brain is craving the nicotine. When I'm doing things that require a lot of brain activity (debating, or composing long posts), the desire for that nicotine is very pronounced.

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 1:09 pm
by dill786
Nicotine cravings can persist even after years of quitting smoking. Here are some reasons why you might still experience cravings:

Neurological Changes: When you quit smoking, your brain receptors adjust to the lack of nicotine. Initially, this causes withdrawal symptoms, including cravings. Over time, your brain forms memory traces linking nicotine to certain activities or situations, which can last for years and trigger cravings even after quitting1.
Psychological Adjustments: Cigarettes often serve as coping mechanisms. After quitting, finding new ways to manage stress or emotions can be challenging, leading to temporary mood changes and cravings2.
Underlying Health Issues: Quitting smoking may reveal underlying health problems that were masked by smoking. These issues can make you feel worse, even though they’re not directly related to quitting2.
Healing Lung Function: While lung function improves after quitting, persistent coughing or shortness of breath may occur even months later as your lungs clear out debris or heal from past smoke exposure

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 1:32 pm
by dill786
Since i stopped smoking coming on to 3 years now, i have not once coughed and phlem up atall, not even once..
i know the cilia grows back after a few days of not smoking, but i was worried that i have never coughed..

after doing lots of research on the net i discovered that some people dont cough up atall and its nothing to worry about..

Posted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:33 pm
by Butcher Bob
That's something I don't miss...the morning coughing, until I got a couple cigarettes down.
That disappeared pretty quickly, maybe just a month or so. Ain't been hacking up shit since really.