Page 1 of 1

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:20 am
by ripper5
First auto-flower experience. Thank you my good friend fellow Planetganjer! MrG! For gifting me these seeds.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:21 am
by ripper5
2 each Golden Guerilla & Big Blue

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:45 am
by Mister Grafik
Ripper man soakin' beans! These look very nice and happy

Team MPG for the win ~

Both of those variety have large fan leaf phenotypes in the current generation from the Purple Gorilla / Stomper background.
Heavy Purple Gorilla / Stomper visual ~

Where as the more common occuring skinnier lenky phenos from Golden have more of a Northern Cheeze Haze selection peaking out the background.

Either way middle to end of week 3 you'll be going into flower ~

So sick! Let's grow!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 am
by ripper5
You are spot on. The Guerilla are bigger at this point. We're at week 3. Haven't fed them yet. Tomorrow...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:51 am
by ripper5
I really like the idea of faster results possible from seeds to harvest.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:00 am
by ripper5
Where the hell did these little guys come from? :volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:17 am
by Mister Grafik
Plants going everywhere! Haha I love it ~

Excited to see how things progress for you Ripper bro!
If I'm honest, a bit small for week 3. First time autos are going to be killer, regardless.
let's see how they beef up with some food ~

Thanks for sharing

:emp:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:26 am
by ripper5
This is fascinating...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:46 am
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:26 am
This is fascinating...
+1 for fascination

If you have any issues with the older Ana-Red, I have a grip of them in the freezer for a retry.
I have killed a few so I know they are a bit finicky being so old.

Go Ripper Man! :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:29 am
by Hal 9000
:rockon: Grow Karma

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:12 pm
by Butcher Bob
Auto?...ew :puke:
Still...will be watching. :popcorn:
Pre-flowers yet?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:24 pm
by ripper5
No pre flowers yet, Bob. They're barely just at 3 weeks. From what I've read, they should be starting real soon.

Yeah, MrG. I want to get those Panama Reds going asap since they're already aged, no need to hold on to them. Hopefully I'll get enough to sprout, to make some fresh ones with. I'm just waiting till I can get some fresh dirt & worm castings.Got major bills to pay first. I'm extra excited for those, as well as the rest too. :toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 pm
by ripper5
I probably should have mentioned that for the 1st two weeks they were under a 70w hps. Could say that they are now 3 weeks in. Now that they're under the 600 (dimmed) ... they're growing fast as normal.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 am
by ripper5
:bong:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 am
by Hal 9000
Do you have the lights on them for 24 a day?
I like autonomous flowering plants. Autonomous anything, I suppose because I am an autonomous machine.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:29 am
by ripper5
Yes I've read that any amount of light, so long as it's enough, will do. Easier just to leave the light on.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:27 pm
by Butcher Bob
Hal 9000 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 am
Do you have the lights on them for 24 a day?
ripper5 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:29 am
Yes I've read that any amount of light, so long as it's enough, will do. Easier just to leave the light on.
I don't think a 24/0 cycle is beneficial. There are physiological processes that occur during the dark period. I remember discussion aboot it (back on OG?) and folks started playing around testing different cycles. If my memory is correct, the consensus was 18/6 is the sweet spot, with both 16/8 and 20/4 not far behind...pushing 22/2 started seeing a noticeable drop off in growth. :dunno:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 pm
by Mister Grafik
Some 'bigger' auto breeders run 24/0. From 18/6 to 24/0 yields the best results. Personally suppose it could depend on your environment and the time of year using light hours to manage temps. Also if lower wattage it is simply easier to just leave the lights on just making sure the soil is always good and moist. For example during winter could run 24/0, heat of summer 18/6 and in between 20/4 ~

I run 20/4 and then 18/6 in flower (+ more watts)
I have ran 12/12 also for fun. Noticibly lower yeild but still dank.

That thing is looking PHAT ripper ! Nice & happy ~

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:34 pm
by Lrus007
i run 24/7 in grow and 12/12 for bud forever.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:54 am
by Butcher Bob
Mister Grafik wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 pm
I run 20/4 and then 18/6 in flower (+ more watts)
For autos, this is what I would tend to think as well...slight reduction to help trigger the flowering response when it starts.
Lrus007 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:34 pm
i run 24/7 in grow...
What made you arrive at that determination?

I ended up settling in at 18/6 for veg. But aside from biological considerations, I also factored in electrical costs and the fact that my flower room could never keep up with the veg room at full production. :p

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:46 am
by ripper5
@Bob: I've always done it like Lrus. 24/7 - 12/12
It triggers the flowering response every time. Lol
I long for simplicity. Nothing wrong with trying to give yer girls some extra love, though...

:volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:10 am
by ripper5
I'm really just trying to push these through with no more major problems of late. First, last year was the hermied crop. Which caused me to run out of stash early. That caused me to try & grow off season. That led to the heat & critters, this last time. :facepalm:
There's still a few more of these seeds so maybe after this initial experience, I'll see fit to try some tweaking, including light schedules.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 am
by ripper5
All input is helpful and appreciated Bob & MrG. & all..

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:40 pm
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:46 am
@Bob: I've always done it like Lrus. 24/7 - 12/12
It triggers the flowering response every time. Lol
I long for simplicity. Nothing wrong with trying to give yer girls some extra love, though...
I'm not questioning the change from veg to flower, but rather the 24/0 cycle itself. My understand of plant physiology is that the Calvin cycle requires a dark period to operate optimally.
Do Plants Need Darkness to Grow?

Nobody talks about plant care without long and detailed information about light. How much, how bright, how hot, which direction and what color? It’s a huge part of growing plants indoors, without a doubt. But what about darkness?

Allowing for darkness in your houseplant plans is actually pretty important, and night shouldn’t be considered a useless or “dead” time. A lot goes on.

If you want to excel at keeping healthy houseplants, you need to understand what happens to your plants at night.

What Happens to Plants at Night in the Dark?

There is a pretty big misconception that plants just shut down and go to sleep as soon as the sun disappears. Not even close.

First of all, plants don’t sleep, at least not in the same way animals do. They just don’t operate that way. The level and type of activity change in the dark, but they never “sleep.”

The biggest change in plant metabolism in the dark is that they stop photosynthesis, because that is a biochemical process that needs light to happen. This is how plants make their food, which happens in the leaves as long as the light is shining. They expel oxygen as a waste product, which is why they are so vital to the environment and keeping people alive.

Where it gets more complicated, is that plants also respire, just like animals do. So while they are giving off oxygen from photosynthesis, they are also undergoing respiration at the same time.

They are taking in oxygen, using their “food” for growth, and giving off carbon dioxide. Many people don’t realize this is going on as well as photosynthesis because it seems quite contradictory. That’s just how nature works.

So when the lights go out, the photosynthesis stops but the respiration keeps on going. They respire all the time, night or day. All living things do.

Plants are definitely not dormant when it is dark. In fact, this is often the time when they do more growing because they have an entire day’s worth of energy stored up and ready to metabolize.

Do Plants Need Darkness to Grow and Thrive?

Plants respire and grow during the night, but do they necessarily need to be in the dark? They respire whether there is light or not, after all. Leaving them in permanent light would just give them more energy and food for growing.

While that seems to make sense at first, it’s not true. Plants do need that period of darkness for their metabolism to work properly.

They are not designed to create food non-stop, and it will do them harm in the long term to put them in this sort of situation. So, yes, plants need their darkness just as much as they need their light. Occasional bouts of excess light are fine, just not on a permanent basis.

https://thepracticalplanter.com/do-plan ... s-to-grow/
While you certainly can veg cannabis with 24/0, efficiency of the biological process is better with a dark period. So, being the cheap bastard that I am, it makes me curious as to why someone would pay for more electricity if it's not necessary or theoretically detrimental. :dunno:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:14 pm
by ripper5
Well, that's a fair point. I'm thinking of dropping it 18/6 when they show flowering starting. Autos are new so I'm learning as I go. One 600w hps, six hours less per day, might afford me an extra cup of coffee by the end of a week. :roflmao:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 pm
by ripper5
Come to think of it, the real question is, what to do with the autos when I start the 12/12 for the regular photos?
Answer: Probably under a sunny window during lights out. Until I can get some veg lights, all I have atm is a 70w hps & a small compact flouro.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:09 pm
by Lrus007
well i have done 24/7 for grow for a long time now.

long ago i was given some seeds. as soon as the plants
got root bound they went into flower. this was years
before i heard of a auto flower plant. i would say to
transplant into pots the plant is going to bloom in.
then wait.. when root bound they will bloom.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:59 pm
by Intrinsic
ripper5 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 pm
Come to think of it, the real question is, what to do with the autos when I start the 12/12 for the regular photos?
Answer: Probably under a sunny window during lights out. Until I can get some veg lights, all I have atm is a 70w hps & a small compact flouro.
Well why not leave them in with the 12/12 if you have room. Other than the less energy input. How about at least one just to see how it works out? There is something to the plant physiology getting other things done when photosynthesis stops, ie rooting. I think it be cool to check it out. Future reference and all that.

But I'm a cheapskate I'm always looking to cut power.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:55 pm
by ripper5
Nothing cuts power like window solar. That's a great idea. I decided to dial the whole grow back tonight. From 24 on to 18 on. Further, I'll leave one of the autos in the 12/12 going forward. It might be a couple of weeks before I drop to 12/12. The Autoflowerers are the priority.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:06 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:55 pm
Nothing cuts power like window solar. That's a great idea. I decided to dial the whole grow back tonight. From 24 on to 18 on. Further, I'll leave one of the autos in the 12/12 going forward. It might be a couple of weeks before I drop to 12/12. The Autoflowerers are the priority.
Will be OK with 12/12 if you flip the whole room. That way don't have to lug plants back and fourth.
But I like where your head is with some trial and error. The plants are seemingly enjoying your company ~

If in a couple weeks, should already be into flower too :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:33 pm
by ripper5
Cool! I like Intrinsic's idea of leaving one in 12/12 for comparison. MrG it's not a bother to move em to the window. It's like a greenhouse, light-wise.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 pm
by Butcher Bob
Lrus007 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:09 pm
well i have done 24/7 for grow for a long time now.
Understood...just wondering what influenced your decision to do so?
long ago i was given some seeds. as soon as the plants
got root bound they went into flower. this was years
before i heard of a auto flower plant. i would say to
transplant into pots the plant is going to bloom in.
then wait.. when root bound they will bloom.
I've seen auto guys recommend starting seeds in the pot they will finish in. I didn't pay much attention to their reasoning, just know it had something to do with rooting. Your explanation makes perfect sense...noted.:)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm
by Lrus007
well to be honest i don't trust timers in grow.
so i plug into wall 24/7 for grow.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:12 am
by Lrus007
put a little more thought into it.
i have another reason. the bulbs if left on
do not wear out as fast. as one turned off and on.

as for the seed in a pot it will finish in. that is
because they want the tap root not obstructed.
they want the tap root to go as deep as it can.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:06 pm
by Butcher Bob
Lrus007 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:29 pm
well to be honest i don't trust timers in grow.
Lrus007 wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:12 am
the bulbs if left on
do not wear out as fast. as one turned off and on.
Fair enough....makes sense.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:15 pm
by ripper5
They're now on the timer 18/6. It's for the happiest plants vs savings on electric. As far as savings, It's a nice dimmable ballast. No need to go 100% while veggin. 75% or even just 60% is fine.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:19 pm
by ripper5
Rainstorms knocked the power out briefly. It stopped the timer (while dark) Luckily I was here to turn it back on. They got 15 minutes of extra nap.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:06 pm
by ripper5
A week later...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:17 am
by Mister Grafik
Oh yeah... Look at you go ~

She's got something to say... :smoke:

Happy Halloween! & Keep up the beautiful grows Ripper man!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:56 am
by Mister Grafik
Rippers-420.jpg
Was a veiw count coincedence happy 420

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:22 am
by ripper5
Thanks MrG! First flower hairs showing... :woohoo:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:26 pm
by Intrinsic
Very 😎 cool.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:27 am
by ripper5
So.. I'm rolling with what I've got. New stuff.. gonna supplement the potassium with banana peel tea...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:33 am
by ripper5
:rollitiup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:13 am
by Intrinsic
Hey those are some Cutie Pies!

Fish fertz will grow anything. I believe it's the micronutrients but beyond that .. dunno. it's a miracle. Banana peel tea.. I haven't heard that, tho sounds like a great excuse to mac out on bananas.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:09 pm
by ripper5
Growth is steady...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:24 pm
by ripper5
Way more veg growth vs flowering so far...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:25 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Way more veg growth vs flowering so far...
That is the Pre-Flower stretch! She should be getting pretty heafty, branching out -
getting set for the flowering by next week :smoke:

It's like when you flip a photoperiod plant into 12/12.
That first 14-21 day stretch period is where you're in now if that makes any sense ~

Looking killer from here Ripper man!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:28 pm
by ripper5
Sweet! The fan leaves are huge!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:32 pm
by ripper5
A little of this fish fertilizer goes a long way. It definitely grows veg's. Too much & it will burn.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:33 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:28 pm
Sweet! The fan leaves are huge!
Hell yeah. Hard to tell from the pics how big they are but I believe you :toker1:

Looks like they are enjoying your soil mix and feeding. Nice and lush up in there bro.

Hang on for when they hit 4th gear! :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:00 am
by Lrus007
looking really good ripper :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:21 pm
by ripper5
Hello!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am
by Lrus007
i used to use fish ferts. they will make the plants
stems and leafs bigger. bigger stem = bigger buds.
it is from the burst of N . i got tired of the smell.
so since i use jacks classic ferts i got some 10-0-0.
i add some of that to the 20-20-20. when i want a
burst of growth . looking great ripper

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:17 pm
by ripper5
Thanx Lrus. Yeah, I've been using Alaskan FF 5-1-1 for years with good results in veg. This stuff here is a different brand & 3-3-0.3 .... new stuff to me. So far so good. I burnt my pepper plants with it. A little goes a long way.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 am
by ripper5
They're still on 18/6 and yet they're doing what autos are supposed to, bloom!
:toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:58 am
by Intrinsic
Beautiful.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:03 am
by ripper5
These have been a joy to grow so far. I accidentally dropped the light on one of the BBs, it severed two main branches. :facepalm:
Other than that, they stretched pretty good over just a couple of days. Today was first 12/12 down from 18/6.
I'm going to use the damaged girl to compare growth between the two light schedules. :fly:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:18 am
by Mister Grafik
Looking great from here! Sorry to hear about the light incident. Happens though - hopefully she fixes up nicely for you. If it was showing flowers when it happened would keep an eye on it just in case the stress was too much! Game time ~

Keep up the sweet work Ripper man

:smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:27 am
by ripper5
Thanks MrG! Almost forgot. Wanted to add a pic of the four Panama Red seedlings. :toker1:

They gotz a long way to go! :twisted:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 am
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:27 am
Thanks MrG! Almost forgot. Wanted to add a pic of the four Panama Red seedlings. :toker1:

Oh shit! Made me crack a smile on that one there I wasn't expecting some more botony porns ~

Beautiful stuff bro. I am happy you got some above soil.
Also, I like your style of window sill usage / starting. It's actually recommended for older strains like the reds / golds / etc...
To give them real light for a bit of their life and aclimate them into the indoor space. Very cool.

Now I want to pop some seeds :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:00 pm
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
...four Panama Red seedlings. :toker1:
Niiice ! :toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:51 pm
by ripper5
Thanks Bob!
Yes! They're regulars so hoping for a strong male, & three girls. As long as it's one of each we're good for seed propagation. :tup:
I know these old school sats are gonna wanna grow through the ceiling so, to address that, I plan on using multiple, usual, techniques.
1) topping: usually I top twice, maybe an extra time for these?
2) Starting the flowering as soon as they're sexually mature.
3)tying the mothers down! Training!
4) vertical light besides rather than above.

Haven't fed em yet, but they've received their first topping.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 pm
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 am
ripper5 wrote:

Oh shit! Made me crack a smile on that one there I wasn't expecting some more botony porns ~

Beautiful stuff bro. I am happy you got some above soil.
Also, I like your style of window sill usage / starting. It's actually recommended for older strains like the reds / golds / etc...
To give them real light for a bit of their life and aclimate them into the indoor space. Very cool.

Now I want to pop some seeds :smoke:
Whatcha gonna pop? :toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:58 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 pm

That is a great question.. I think I'm going to clean up a bit and see what we've got jumping out of the packs..
Is it a full moon?

- Pre Invasion Afghan x Pink Kush
- Acapulco Gold x Colombian Punto Rojo
- Nigerian x Purple Pantera

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:53 pm
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:58 pm
ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:55 pm

That is a great question.. I think I'm going to clean up a bit and see what we've got jumping out of the packs..
Is it a full moon?

- Pre Invasion Afghan x Pink Kush
- Nigerian x Purple Pantera

FIRE! :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:51 pm
Yes! They're regulars so hoping for a strong male, & three girls. As long as it's one of each we're good for seed propagation. :tup:
I know these old school sats are gonna wanna grow through the ceiling so, to address that, I plan on using multiple, usual, techniques.
Fuk yeah!....preservation. :tup:

1) Topping worked well for me with most sallies. The Sensi Skunk would grow unruly if not trimmed, but with multiple prunings would do a beautiful 3' ball in a 5gal pot. The Dalat was another story...didn't want to branch, always favored a single branch for it's new main when topped, never stopped growing.

4). Most of the successful pure sally grows I've seen over the years, were either outdoors, or they put lights everywhere...above, beside, in between, even seen lighting on the floor pointing up. :p. I'd do as much as you can, everywhere you can. :wink:

Seen quite a few folks do PR...most did not get the results they were hoping for. BUT, evidently it works pretty good in crosses. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 am
by Butcher Bob
Mister Grafik wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:58 pm
:drool:

WTF...no drool smilie! :mad:

OK, well then.... :dreamon:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:18 pm
by ripper5
Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 am
ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:51 pm
Fuk yeah!....preservation. :tup:

1) Topping worked well for me with most sallies. The Sensi Skunk would grow unruly if not trimmed, but with multiple prunings would do a beautiful 3' ball in a 5gal pot. The Dalat was another story...didn't want to branch, always favored a single branch for it's new main when topped, never stopped growing.

4). Most of the successful pure sally grows I've seen over the years, were either outdoors, or they put lights everywhere...above, beside, in between, even seen lighting on the floor pointing up. :p. I'd do as much as you can, everywhere you can. :wink:

Seen quite a few folks do PR...most did not get the results they were hoping for. BUT, evidently it works pretty good in crosses. :)
Thanks for the info. I've got a 70w hps, I could add some CFLs or maybe LEDs.
Yep if all else fails hopefully we can get some beans & crosses. Due to the long flowering time, gonna do it all this one grow. Hopefully end up with bud, "f2s" and a cross or two or three.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 pm
by ripper5
So this is roughly three weeks of flower. Natural light for the pics. :rollitiup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:48 am
by ripper5
Big Blue
Big Blue
Big Blue
Big Blue
Four weeks since that first hair already. I figure we're about half way there. The Big Blue look similar to the old Blue Moonshine I ran. Thick round white as pure snow. The GG buds are more pointed like sativa, small, solid

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:13 am
by Intrinsic
nice, I love their smiles.
So that's about 40 days from breaking ground?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:48 am
IMG_20211128_144428.jpgIMG_20211128_144112.jpgFour weeks since that first hair already. I figure we're about half way there. The Big Blue look similar to the old Blue Moonshine I ran. Thick round white as pure snow. The GG buds are more pointed like sativa, small, solid

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:32 pm
by ripper5
Intrinsic wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:13 am
nice, I love their smiles.
So that's about 40 days from breaking ground?
Thanks. Add a week or so, 49 dayz since sprouting.
I'm guessing seed to done will be about 10/ 12 weeks.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:27 am
by ripper5
Here's the damaged Big Blue. The light actually fell straight down onto the plant, severing two main branches completely. :facepalm: This happened a couple of weeks ago.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:30 am
by ripper5
Just a quick comparison to some regular photos, these were started just before I received these autos. The regular photos plants are barely a week in (to bloom)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:11 pm
by Roots
I got pounds of auto flower seeds, unfortunately they are not very uniform and have 4 district phenos and two of them are a waste of time....I’m told if I cull the tall ones I’ll be happy.....I started last year when it was still too cold.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:33 pm
by ripper5
Roots wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:11 pm
I got pounds of auto flower seeds, unfortunately they are not very uniform and have 4 district phenos and two of them are a waste of time....I’m told if I cull the tall ones I’ll be happy.....I started last year when it was still too cold.
Sounds good, have you smoked any yet? These are from Mr Grafik's private stock. I've got enough for another run of these plus, was gifted several regular strains I'm chomping at the bit to get started. I'm out of stash so I'm glad these should cut about a month off of the wait.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:51 pm
by ripper5
Another week closer... they're starting to frost up.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:53 pm
by ripper5
Update:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:04 pm
by ripper5
Been thinking about how suited these autos are for outdoors...you could be harvesting mid August....j/s

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:30 pm
by Mister Grafik
Damn Ripper bro - sick pics dude!
And awesome growing skills ~

They look very happy. Is the middle one the one that took on some damage?

Looks like they are going to start to get that stanky sweetness for you soon

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:31 pm
by Intrinsic
Sounds like a plan man. No worries about inherent light triggers. Like it's a real plant.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:13 am
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:30 pm
Damn Ripper bro - sick pics dude!
And awesome growing skills ~

They look very happy. Is the middle one the one that took on some damage?

Looks like they are going to start to get that stanky sweetness for you soon
The last two pics are the damaged BB.
Intrinsic wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:31 pm
Sounds like a plan man. No worries about inherent light triggers. Like it's a real plant.
Keep'em low and amongst the veggies? :whistle:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:21 pm
by Intrinsic
:bong4:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 pm
by ripper5
Sunset

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:59 pm
by Lrus007
long time ago i got some seeds. the plants would start
to bud as soon as plant would get root bound. was a
bitch to clone before it would bud. so i put one outside
in a 3 gal pot on june 1st, by july was budding and loving
life. was done by end of aug. also was a good yield for the
pot size. so it got to bud in the best sunshine months here.
if you give it a try i know it works in a pot. in the ground
might not bud as quickly. but should bud during the good
sun months. this was so long ago i had never heard of a
auto flower. seed sender did not say anything about them.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:01 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 pm
Sunset
Miss your updates, ripper bro!

Hope all is going well :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:34 pm
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:01 pm
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 pm
Sunset
Miss your updates, ripper bro!

Hope all is going well :smoke:
Happy New Year! Thanks for the interest. :toker1:
All is well with the girls. They're finishing up still.
Been working alot lately. Just enough time to lurk a little, lately. Already wiped out the damaged plant. She's in vape heaven. :fly:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:54 pm
by Mister Grafik
Wow! Looking pretty nice my man. I lost count but they should be close to 70 now?
From these pics got a bit of time left to chunk out. Are you liking their scent?

Also, zooming in - is that a nanz? Have you inspected?

Hope the vape smoke is nice and you have a good weekend ~

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:48 pm
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:54 pm
Wow! Looking pretty nice my man. I lost count but they should be close to 70 now?
From these pics got a bit of time left to chunk out. Are you liking their scent?

Also, zooming in - is that a nanz? Have you inspected?

Hope the vape smoke is nice and you have a good weekend ~

Today is day 61 since the first pre-flower (flowering) showed on Nov 1st. Maybe they have another week qor two before the chop? I'll cut them as soon as I see a few amber chomes, as I don't ever let them all turn. That's just me. I like racey over sedating.

That nanz is actually a lone seed. There musta been a nan somewhere.

Loving their scent. Especially the GGs. Smells kinda like grapefruit, to me. One is stronger smelling.

Happy New Year Mr G and MPGers! :volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:35 am
by ripper5
Here's a closer view. It's hard to see it. It's a seed.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:32 am
by Mister Grafik
She's lookin' pretty juicy man! Hell yeah for a seed -
Curious where it came from if from those plants? Or maybe that Bubblegum you had? That might be dank..
Either way, hopefully it's somethin' nice in there :P

You're enjoying them it seems ~

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:59 am
by ripper5
Can't really give a full report till after a proper cure but yeah... enjoying every aspect of this little grow. It's all thanks to your generosity.

I wanted to transplant & drop the Panama Reds into 12/12 on the 1st, but it turns out I'm too preoccupied atm. Wanted to start some of those other seeds too, but it'll have to wait.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:56 pm
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:59 am
Can't really give a full report till after a proper cure but yeah... enjoying every aspect of this little grow. It's all thanks to your generosity.

I wanted to transplant & drop the Panama Reds into 12/12 on the 1st, but it turns out I'm too preoccupied atm. Wanted to start some of those other seeds too, but it'll have to wait.
Sounds good Ripper. Thanks for sharing the adventure with us & I'm glad they are going smooth for you.
The Panama will be a feat! I'm running same seeds that you have in the green bag.... There is some drastic fire in there

I'm at about 60 days on my selected plant from there. I'd like to get a solid male from those batch but struck out on my end.
I have a solid female though ~

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:54 pm
by Mister Grafik
How goes it Ripper, man? Hope you're well!
Any good news? Bad news?

I have a few sprouting up over here for another project and anxious to hear how yours went ~

Happy Friday & hope you have a great weekend

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:46 pm
by ripper5
Doing alright
Getting good grades
The futures so bright
I gotta wear shades...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:48 pm
by ripper5
Panama Reds

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 pm
by ripper5
One was a boy...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:59 pm
by ripper5
Getting ready to make some fresh PR seeds& save/freeze some pollen.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:09 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:48 pm
Panama Reds

One was a boy...
Oooo, they're coming along quite nicely. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:18 am
by Hal 9000
Grow Karma + timbuk3 Karma

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:50 am
by Mister Grafik
How's she smoking brother man!?

Looking great on the PR ~ Save me some pollen!
I'll flip some females today for your cause if you're willin'

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:52 am
by Mister Grafik
Do you mind if I share your pics of the Big Blues?

** edit too late :grin:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:10 am
by Mister Grafik
:smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:56 am
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:50 am
How's she smoking brother man!?

Looking great on the PR ~ Save me some pollen!
I'll flip some females today for your cause if you're willin'
Greetings MrG. they're vaping wonderfully. Overdue to be jarred, got to get on it.
I can do the pollen.
I don't mind the pictures.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:40 pm
by ripper5
The GG tastes spicy diesel skunky.
The BB tastes smooth berry diesel.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm
by ripper5
Here's the Panama Red girls @ 6 weeks flower.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:25 pm
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm
Oh wow....nice. :)
Any idea on how long you're going to let them go?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:43 pm
by ripper5
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:25 pm
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:56 pm
Oh wow....nice. :)
Any idea on how long you're going to let them go?
I'm guessing they're half way there, so another 6+ weeks.
They could be greener & bushier imo, learning (I hope), this is my first go. Hopefully they'll make it across the finish line.

Looks like pollination was successful, apparently not many but enough beans to keep it going.

The one plant most pictured, is much bigger than the other two. It's been that way from the start. It's almost as tall as I am.
Rubbing the stem gives a unique aroma, very pleasing & I can't wait to try it.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:52 pm
by ripper5
Pre-flowers are Always a welcome sight. This is a wedding cake x 4dd buoy.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 pm
by ripper5
Sucks when said lone pre-flower, premature ejaculates in the flower area! :facepalm: :mad:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:01 pm
by ripper5
A few more pics

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:35 pm
by ripper5
Almost forgot, one more. For fun, it's PR pollen. :rollitiup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:34 pm
by webeblzr
Beautiful plants!! I do alright with satties, up to week 14-16, then it's a fist fight to get to 22-28 weeks for me anyway. I dont think mine looked that nice.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:05 am
by ripper5
Thank you Webeblzr!
Just a few more girls going...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:53 am
by Intrinsic
Purty!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:59 pm
by ripper5
Panama Red (regular)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:46 am
by Sally
Chingow! Looks sooo Sweet. ♫♪♪

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:25 pm
by Butcher Bob
^^^You ain't kidding! :eek:

Phenomenal Ripper! :tup:
Now just wrap a paper around it when it's dry :rollitiup: ... :toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:20 am
by ripper5
Thank you Sally & Bob! Coming around the final turn! Only a few more weeks...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:53 am
by Hal 9000
:tup: got to clicky click the pic really to see the goodness.
Dang! Such a tease, now I got to go wake and bake. Ah Shucks

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:23 pm
by ripper5
Love how unique is the aroma of the PR. Old school.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:34 am
by Mister Grafik
Grow hard!!

Beautiful growin' my bro ~
You're doing the Panama justice for sure. Look at all those infrared pistil - I drooled looking at that sparkling buds in the grinder...

hell yeah :smoke:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15 am
by ripper5
Thanks MrG. Who knows how much Panamanian original genetics (If any) these carry, but they are surely very high percentage sativa. They look like what I'd expect a equatorial landrace to look like. Not an expert mind ya, but I read my share of High Times growing up. Plenty of pics of the older strains.
Looking for that old trippy high.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:27 am
by ripper5
True story: I'm good friends with a couple named Sally & Bob! :laugh:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:12 pm
by Butcher Bob
That PR has a really nice structure for a sativa.
Normally I would expect fewer buds that were not as dense.
Mouthwatering pics for sure. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:54 pm
by ripper5
Dense they are not, by today's standards. Wispy is how I describe them.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:19 am
by ripper5
The buds will be flat when dried...just like the gold & red sativas of yester-yore. Harken back to a time before such a thing as skunk...or blueberry

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 am
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15 am
Thanks MrG. Who knows how much Panamanian original genetics (If any) these carry, but they are surely very high percentage sativa. They look like what I'd expect a equatorial landrace to look like. Not an expert mind ya, but I read my share of High Times growing up. Plenty of pics of the older strains.
Highya Ripper bro! I agree - not sure how we'd be able to trace it... These were from Snow (Legendary Genetics)
As it goes I do trust this person and their work... Hopefully the smoke stays true and is what you hope for (aside from getting through the old school flavors in comparison to the modern fruity hybrids)

Interesting you say it looks more equatorial... I love looking at the older pics as well - And with consideration those may have been grown outdoors // may have some different phenotypical expressions ~

I had posted another one of his works online and a couple people were picking out some traits that might be different than what the strain is labeled. But also I took into consideration maybe people don't like him much :p

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:47 am
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:54 pm
Looks dank to me :toker1:
How's it smelling? Hard to pinpoint or is it also lemon scent / high citrus like equatorial?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:23 am
by ripper5
I'm not very good at describing weed flavors. :laugh: I've only sampled a bit that was quick dried over night. Might have to re-evaluate it after a proper finish, dry, & cure.

So far, I'd say it's close enough to what I was looking for. Tastes kinda of like vanilla licorice as well as kinda grassy (but in a good way) The scent when they're growing is the same way. I'll have to burn some, down the road, just to compare it to the old.

The high seems to be right on point. Not nearly as heavy as today's typical strains. Clear, euphoric, slightly trippy, happy... great daytime smoke :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:49 am
by ripper5
Mister Grafik wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 am
ripper5 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:15 am
Highya Ripper bro! I agree - not sure how we'd be able to trace it... These were from Snow (Legendary Genetics)
As it goes I do trust this person and their work... Hopefully the smoke stays true and is what you hope for (aside from getting through the old school flavors in comparison to the modern fruity hybrids)

Interesting you say it looks more equatorial... I love looking at the older pics as well - And with consideration those may have been grown outdoors // may have some different phenotypical expressions ~

I had posted another one of his works online and a couple people were picking out some traits that might be different than what the strain is labeled. But also I took into consideration maybe people don't like him much :p
I thought I had read somewhere that Reeferman seeds had, awhile back, acquired three different Panamanian strains, which were bred together to create the PR that's around nowadays. Actually talked to the man & he didn't seem to know anything about it. :confused:

Yep compact dense indicas originated from high altitude areas of India & Afghanistan. Sativas come from tropical equatorial areas.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:54 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:54 pm
I dunno, a lot of what I see Kushyman working with are foxtailing, calyxes on a string type buds. :p
Your's might seem airy, but for a sally they have a lot of calyxes...and trichs too. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:25 am
by ripper5
Bob, I know what you're describing. :tup:
I've seen pictures of plants like that, as well as have had a few oddities amongst my girls over the years that resembled the same. Most of the pictures online show neon, pink, pistols so, I'll have to go & figure.. . :laugh:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:37 am
by rSin
i never minded the airy buds back in the day

it meant it hadnt come from very far away
or passed through many hands getting to me

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:53 pm
by ripper5
It's just an early sampling but the high matches my expectations. Visual, non drowsy, Definitely notice the lack of cbd vs thc in this stuff. Can't tell the taste properly yet.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:23 am
by ripper5
Here's a few pics of the other two Blue Dream x Stardawg and then Wedding Cake x 4DD
A few misplaced specks of dried leaves from the PR look like nanners. :rollitiup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:42 am
by ripper5
Bob I think this is like what you were describing? The picture isn't mine. I had a small odd plant one time that grew single calyx like that. Pretty weird.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:49 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:42 am
Bob I think this is like what you were describing?
Pretty much :p
...'cept usually smaller calyxes and a lot less trichs.
That one looks pretty nice. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:49 pm
by Intrinsic
Wow Ripper I grew out a plant look just like that. Just like. single odd gal from bag seed, the sweetest smoke ever. even the stems were smokable goodness. Got a picture of it on here somewhere.
Ripper what you know about that lineage or pic?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 pm
by ripper5
Intrinsic, The pic is from this nice little article on rare strains.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/rare ... s-strains/

"Dr. Grinspoon, stringy and slender

One of the most popular unusual strains is Dr. Grinspoon, a pure heirloom Sativa which stands out for its vigorous, stringy and slender growth, reaching considerable heights even with a short vegetative period.

This super Sativa produces very airy buds with thin and separated calyxes that look like a weird bud that never compacted, developing independent and far from each other, in the shape of small, hairy, and resinous turrets. This is a very unusual trait, for the plant hardly resembles a cannabis specimen until one smells some of its aromatic "buds", which will reveal the true nature of this singular plant."

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:54 pm
by ripper5
Seems Barney's had it but is currently out of stock everywhere, like most of the classics these dayz

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:14 am
by Intrinsic
Thanks ripper!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:05 am
by Mister Grafik
ripper5 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:23 am
Here's a few pics of the other two Blue Dream x Stardawg and then Wedding Cake x 4DD
A few misplaced specks of dried leaves from the PR look like nanners. :rollitiup:
Growin' hard Ripper bro
Lookin' very nice ~

Can smell these through the screen :smoke:

I've got that strain... "Grinspoon" fems.
Similair growing to an Oaxacan - also known as Phenotrigo --->> Wheat Pheno

Grinspoon (the strain) is from Quasar Haze (Quaze from ICMAG)
Mystik Funk has a collection of classics.

Convinced the calyxy stuff it's from some stress as well :p

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:58 am
by ripper5
Week 14

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:26 pm
by Hal 9000
:lurk:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 5:11 pm
by ripper5
Few more...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:09 pm
by ripper5
I have been dealing with a critter problem. Thrips & spider mites. I've kept them down but they're there. I need some DE going forward Startin with my chili plants

These plants are far enough along and the infestation small enough that no drastic measures need to be taken.

Definitely shutting er down afterwards for awhile anyways.
Peace

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:50 pm
by ripper5
Uno gordo

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:45 am
by ripper5
My connection speed is slooooow.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:48 am
by ripper5
Hey all! :toker1:
This is a BDxSD. So close to finish, & the spider mites have come on with a vengeance. They don't mess with the PRs, which are past 16 weeks in flower. They're leaf munchers & the sativas don't have any leaf left for them to munch on.

So, to get rid of the critters, I hit the plants with water pressure only. Then I dried em out good with the fan on high, once dry they got the chop.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 12:53 am
by Lrus007
sometimes people dunk and shake the branches a few times then hang to dry.
bummer on the borg visit

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 1:37 am
by Mister Grafik
Lookin' frosty as hell and despite the mitez...
Super awesome growin'!!! Hope all is going well Ripper bro ~

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:08 am
by ripper5
Its late enough that it's not really going to effect the outcome, fortunately. Still got what looks like some decent smoke. Sorry for the small pics.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:15 am
by ripper5
Haven't tried these two yet. They're drying atm. Not sure when I'm going to pull the PRs....soon though they've still got a lot of white pistols, but they'll probably always have them.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 2:23 pm
by ripper5
Got my speed back. Now I can post a few proper pics

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2022 10:24 pm
by Butcher Bob
Nice....looks yummy. :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 am
by ripper5
One of the PRs been chopped. Other two are going soon. Good timing because I'm just about out of the autos & bubbalicious stashes. Just as they were becoming nice & cured.

So in retrospect, both of the auto strains have a strong diesel fuel aroma. The Big Blue marries that with cool subtle blueberry hints, but not full on flavor. The Golden Gorilla marries the diesel with a skunky piney flavor.
I definitely prefer to grow regular photo crops, rather than auto, and I prefer not to do them at the same time. That being said, I feel they have a place for instance, outside early and or double harvest. Also possible window grow/ small scale summer grow?

I can already affirm that these latest two regular strains - BDxSD and WCx4dd, are much more to my liking.

This Panama Red heirloom variety is a dead ringer for the good shit back in the dayz of imported. Milk chocolate flavor giving way to spicy dragon skin flavor. It's all about the high though. Noticeable absence of cbds, clear, soaring, slightly edgy, not as heavy as today's typical but more spacy. I really enjoy it. :rollitiup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:30 pm
by Intrinsic
Dang your Panama Red sounds real good.
I have a lighter.. I'll be right over...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:07 pm
by ripper5

Not autos

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am
by ripper5
:bonghitter:
Here is the Panama Red "pole" pheno.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:02 am
by Butcher Bob
Nice :)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:13 pm
by ripper5
The mutant!
I've sampled it & tastes like the PR but is probably the most potent I've got atm

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:11 pm
by Intrinsic
Daaang!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:02 am
by ripper5
It's time to go back to the auto seeds I've got left over. I plan on this being a sun grown effort from sprout to harvest. In pots on the deck.
And away we go...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:25 pm
by Lrus007
best of luck

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:01 pm
by ripper5
Thanks Lrus! I'm about a week behind in getting going due to work. So...I imagine all goes well these will get the longest hottest days and be done some time in September. Maybe a month before regs would? I dunno. I should be able to figure out at least half of that equation by finish.

I'm definitely not going for size. I don't want to draw attention to them, so short and compact works for me.

I've have ants galore out back and they love to farm aphids on our best plants, so I hope I'm ready with the DE & Neem oil extract.

Was thinking might try rubbing some live charas off of one or both of these when done. Just a thought, for now...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:40 pm
by Lrus007
ok what i did to my outdoor you can do also.
get some tanglefoot. is a sticky grease like stuff.
is kind of yellow. is like the same sticky stuff as on
the pull out fly catchers in the little tube. sticky as hell.
put some around base of your plants. nothing get's thru it.
that will stop your ant's and everything else that crawls.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:07 pm
by ripper5
Cool I'll look for it. Yeah I tried wrapping those fly tapes around the stalk of my old dearly departed chili tree a few years ago. Seemed to work only temporarily. Also, since I'm using cages for my in ground chilis/maters,, it would have to be sure to be applied to where ever the cage meets the ground. :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:15 pm
by ripper5
Quick look & they have it up the street @ the hardware store.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:29 pm
by ripper5
Finally got one to sprout. They say to start autos in the same pot you want to finnish them in. So I'm trying g to sprout them outdoors in the shade/ covered with clear plastic so as to keep the humidity and warmth up.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:41 pm
by ripper5
:bonghitter: Ok...I've got two sprouts in two flowering pots. Keeping them out of the direct sun, it is intense out there. Covered with plastic to keep them from drying out & warmer at night. Kept two chilis in pots to grow beside them. Less conspicuous I hope.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:23 am
by ripper5
Temps got too low at night for the seedlings & I lost them so... I started a few more...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:08 pm
by ripper5
Been overcast and rainy lately. I've brought them in & am using the cheap led along with the 70w hps occasionally...the peppers are staying outside under the table :laugh: They're a little waterlogged atm...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:14 pm
by Lrus007
mother nature is a bitch...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:42 am
by ripper5
The dog is in the dog house. She chewed up my plant as it was sunbathing on the deck. It was laying on it's side when I found it. She and I are lucky I'm a pacifist, otherwise anger would've had it's way & I'd have even more regret...It'll grow back... :facepalm:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:01 am
by ripper5
Supposed to be the case with these autos that you don't do anything to stunt their veg time due to it's limited duration. Like transplanting and topping. I've lost seeds that I otherwise wouldn't have, trying to do this the right way vs my usual way already. Like I said before, these autos have use but not much and I prefer regs

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:37 am
by ripper5
C'mon! :volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:07 pm
by ripper5
Overcame being ravaged by my doggie to now growing like corn! :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:30 am
by roller24
my brother in VA grows the autoflowers. I have only when the seed broker sends them for free.
His yields are ok for the short term grow, but Ive been urging him to go regular and get the veg time needed for outdoor trees.
He can only grow 4 at a time.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:37 am
by ripper5
@ Roller: This is sun grow #1 for me. Just kind of a practice run for next year when ill have the whole spring to get some trees going. It'll hopefully be a heirloom or two. Otherwise, I could do some of these PRs which are regular, large, sativa heirlooms. Win - win - win. :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:43 am
by ripper5
With these here I'm kinda trying to play catch-up with an early robust and plentiful harvest. We shall see. I'm planning on trying my hand at primitive hand rubbed live resin charras.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:14 am
by ripper5

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:21 am
by ripper5
:tup: :toker1:
So the first flower pistols are showing up on the Big Blue plants (which are short squat plants compared to the taller Golden Gorilla which hasn't started budding yet)

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:37 am
by ripper5
So I've learned that cannabis plants will droop at night when outside. The leaves stand back out when the sun comes back up. They never did this in the grow room.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:59 am
by ripper5
It's old news but I'm just finding it out. :tup:

Trees Sleep, With Branches And Leaves Drooping at Night, New Study Says
Scientists have long known that plants have a day-to-night cycle. Some trees close their leaves in the evening. Most flowers open up their petals in the morning.
But these observations have largely been made only in experiments with potted plants. Now, a team of scientists has used a laser scanner to measure trees’ daily cycles in the wild, and they’ve discovered that trees sleep. “Our results show that the whole tree droops during night, which can be seen as position change in leaves and branches,” Eetu Puttonen, a scientist at the Finnish Geospatial Research Institute and lead author of the new study, said in a statement. Silver birch leaves drooped to their lowest point a couple of hours before sunrise and became upright again a few hours later. It isn’t yet clear whether the sun or the plants’ internal rhythm spurs the movement. ~ The findings were recently published in the journal Frontiers in Plant Science.

https://e360.yale.edu/digest/new_resear ... lver_birch

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:42 am
by ripper5
Have some kinda problem with leaves browning from the edges turning copper color. All four got it at the same time. I think the ph got messed up from overwatering. So I've let them dry out for several days & then when it rained a bit last night I fed them some nutes. Maybe should have completely flushed them out first? I mean, it didn't rain that hard.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:09 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:42 am
Have some kinda problem with leaves browning from the edges turning copper color.
Maybe should have completely flushed them out first?
Quite likely. Typically burning of the edges is a sign of toxicity.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:19 am
by ripper5
Butcher Bob wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:09 am
Quite likely. Typically burning of the edges is a sign of toxicity.
I'm hoping it's just a little over watering vs. being infected with something. The conditions couldn't had been better for disaster...rain, high high humidity, I watered them from a questionable source (old water filled cooler.)

So, I just flushed them and finished off the flush with some pulverized lime in the water. Removed all the affected foilage...We shall see...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:13 pm
by ripper5
So it appears they were a little waterlogged & have since recovered. Not sure if my tall plant is a autoflower, as the others have been at it for about two weeks & it hasn't shown at all...:volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:19 am
by ripper5
My first outdoors flowers. :toker1:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:17 pm
by ripper5
The tall one still hasn't bloomed. :confused:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:47 pm
by ripper5
So, considering these plants aren't yet two months old, they're doing pretty good, I can't complain. The tall girl in fact now has her first pistils. :tup:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:55 pm
by ripper5
Here's the shorties. No time for big bushes, blooming started at the four/five week mark. :bonghitter:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:38 am
by ripper5
Just a little photo update. Everything's just growing along...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:11 pm
by ripper5
Update pics :bonghitter:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:39 am
by ripper5
Looks like the Big Blues are going to finnish around the end of the month. That puts it at two and a half months from seed. Not bad. Roughly same length of time as clones, but no needed light schedule is the true benefit. All the same, I'm not interested in growing more autos, unless they're gifts, like these were.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:30 am
by ripper5
Noticed a small patch of bud rot on the auto so I chopped her and discarded the rot. The autos were done enough so I likewise chopped em.
The slow sativa still hasn't committed to flowering, so i have no idea what I have in her. She's not an impressive looker atm...

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:57 am
by Prawn Connery
Nice sat mate. Even for an auto. Never grown autos myself but I was given a sample of a Jack C99 auto recently and it was much better than expected.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:31 am
by ripper5
Prawn Connery wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:57 am
Nice sat mate. Even for an auto.
It was supposed to be an auto but if if it was, it would be finishing right now. Instead it's just starting to bloom with the shortened day light. It's been pre-flowering and teasing for over a month. If I had known it was gonna veg all summer I'd a topped it a couple of times and made a nice thick unobvious bush. Not really hurting anything by letting it just grow naturally, may even help vs humidity. :volcano:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:50 am
by ripper5

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:30 am
by ripper5
:facepalm: Only noticed the tiny webbing because I was trying to get a close up. Fuckers are so tiny I can't see em. She's not too far along for a mist of neem oil me thinks. After this it'll have to be water pressure only.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:19 pm
by ripper5
There is no leaf damage. Maybe it's a mold 5hat looks like web? I'll treat it like mites regardless. It's only one plant and just one spot. I'm on top of it.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:38 pm
by Lrus007
man i looked at photo's really close. i do not see any dots on leafs.
looks like a little spider maybe. take a loupe and look really close.
if you don't see mites. i would say just spray it off or let it stay.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:45 pm
by ripper5
^^ I have only a reading magnifying glass. I didn't see any mites or mites damage. There are a lot of spiders back there, generally. I usually don't disturb them. Got some big webs here and there. Lol
Lucky for me, it's easy to oversee just one plant. A plant with a lot of space between nodes is even easier.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:48 pm
by Lrus007
i bet it's a spider

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:07 pm
by ripper5
Ok no mites or related damage on the sat sooz twas a false alarm. :bonghitter:

Then, Here's a nice nug of the outdoor auto. Not bad smoke. Sweet & piney.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:25 pm
by ripper5
Nothing but rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. So, I let her get nice & soaked overnight, and then I wrapped my old army poncho around the pot, to effectively keep the rain from continuing to flood it out. Hell, I just fed her yesterday.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:58 am
by ripper5
Maybe done around Halloween give or take a couple.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:06 pm
by ripper5
Spindly and unimpressive yield so far, though becoming nice & frosty!

The other morning I went to look at my sativa through the slider window and it wasn't there!
:laugh: I thought someone had managed to climb up onto my deck and steal my girl. ( a difficult but not impossible task imo)

So I went out on the deck and looked over the edge and saw that nothing was amiss, my veggie plants were undisturbed. It wasn't until a full minute later when I turned to go back inside that I saw her sitting there in the far corner where I had moved her for better sunlight exposure.
What a relief that was.

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:40 pm
by Intrinsic
:laugh:
Anywho nice pics

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:47 pm
by ripper5
Yeah I was upset :facepalm: :laugh:

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:41 pm
by anu
pardon me for not re-reading everything to find out...Where is the best info. on making your own auto-seeds ? ?

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:09 pm
by Munchy
anu wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:41 pm
pardon me for not re-reading everything to find out...Where is the best info. on making your own auto-seeds ? ?
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... auto-seeds

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... auto+seeds

this one has some very good info, click on it

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 am
by ripper5
^ Sorry, Don't know about making autos.

I think the biggest thing I learned was, that using autos to harvest mid summer brings rot issues, due to the ridiculous amount of humidity round heres.

So, that old outdoor plant ended up being brought inside for extra weeks. Worst yield ever, but it was pretty good smoke I must say..

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:12 am
by Intrinsic
Holy dingos is that a canna menorah!!

Auto-flower power hour!

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:24 am
by ripper5
In the meantime, finishing another no cost, no fuss, no bragging, 600w hps, same old seeds grow. O ly cost is the small bump in electric. Not even using a fan. They get the same air flow as the rest of the house, I fan the door when I walk by. I did manage to cross some Panama pollen with some of the wedding cake 4dd, this the results...