I'm Trying To Find The Right Home For This. Are you a USC Graduate???

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

roller24 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:16 pm
it was one of these..... for 2 fucking fryers and a 3 compartment sink. I argued that I didn't need such a beast, and could have been fine with an interior under sink, but their reasoning was "future use", and because I had changed a non food space to a food space, this was the county minimum. Had it been an old restaurant, there would not have been an issue. I gave the half dollar to my son a couple years ago, it was not in fine or very fine condition, so maybe 30 bucks. I think I have the year correct, I looked it up years ago, and don't remember getting excited about what I found as it's value.
Wow! I had no idea that was a thing anywhere!

Do you retain the restaurant? Did the future-proofing work?

I do hope you still retain the establishment and it's making you 'bank'! :winky:

I am somewhat of a window shopping numismatist! :winky: I have some U.S. Mint sets and some Civil War bank notes (maybe just one note).

Thanks for adding to the discussion, my old friend! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

Post by roller24 »

The restaurant did not do well the food was great. The atmosphere was fun, but the parking was terrible and a predatory tow company kept it that way. If you came at ate once, you came back. I made all my own subrolls and kaiser rolls by hand, charbroiled chicken breast and 6oz fresh burgers. Hand tossed pizza, handcut french fries, caramel corn and funnel cakes. Any sub could be optionally baked calzone style. The meatball and chstk sold well. I wasn't losing or making money, just spinning my wheels. The X moved out of state right after I opened and I missed my kids terrible. So I closed and came to Florida. I've had 3 restaurants through the years, and have made money, but for some reason or another they did not last more than a few years. Who knows if the right opportunity comes along there may be a 4th

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

The restaurant did not do well. the food was great. The atmosphere was fun, but the parking was terrible and a predatory tow company kept it that way. If you came and ate once, you came back regularly. I made all my own subrolls and kaiser rolls by hand, charbroiled chicken breast and 6oz fresh burgers. Hand tossed pizza, handcut french fries, caramel corn and funnel cakes. Any sub could be optionally baked calzone style. The meatball and chstk sold well. I wasn't losing or making money, just spinning my wheels. The X moved out of state right after I opened and I missed my kids terrible. So I closed and came to Florida. I've had 3 restaurants through the years, and have made money, but for some reason or another they did not last more than a few years. Who knows if the right opportunity comes along there may be a 4th.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

I had a crew of independent film makers who ate there daily. I allowed them to film a short in the restaurant. The movie is just awful, but you can see bits of the place.

Molly in the credits is my oldest daughter.
I'm the waiter.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

roller24 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:43 am
The restaurant did not do well. the food was great. The atmosphere was fun, but the parking was terrible and a predatory tow company kept it that way. If you came and ate once, you came back regularly. I made all my own subrolls and kaiser rolls by hand, charbroiled chicken breast and 6oz fresh burgers. Hand tossed pizza, handcut french fries, caramel corn and funnel cakes. Any sub could be optionally baked calzone style. The meatball and chstk sold well. I wasn't losing or making money, just spinning my wheels. The X moved out of state right after I opened and I missed my kids terrible. So I closed and came to Florida. I've had 3 restaurants through the years, and have made money, but for some reason or another they did not last more than a few years. Who knows if the right opportunity comes along there may be a 4th.
Sounds like a great menu!

You got me a Pizza! :winky: :tup:

I do hope, if you so desire, the right opportunity presents itself to you, my friend. :tup:

Thank you for this discussion. I do appreciate it!

:rockon:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

roller24 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:52 am
I had a crew of independent film makers who ate there daily. I allowed them to film a short in the restaurant. The movie is just awful, but you can see bits of the place.

Molly in the credits is my oldest daughter.
I'm the waiter.
Nice colors, man! The place looks great!

You nailed your lines! :winky:

Thanks for the peek, brother....interesting tale!

:puffpass:,
WHAB