Page 1 of 1

Server Migration update and the mpg orphans

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:45 pm
by roller24
We moved to a different server to help with attachments loading in post view.
It seems to have worked as I don't see any unloaded images that you can click into.

However over the coarse of time we have orphaned some attachments. 385 to be precise.
So if you find one of these posts, please post the link here and we will reunite it with it's image.
No guarantee that all pics will be found. Some are from a tapatalk mod which did not make the upgrade.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:30 am
by roller24
There are still a few images not showing. Mainly in large posts with many pics. I'll continue to debug.

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:00 pm
by roller24
OK
The pictures that do not display, but are clickable.... the thumbnail file does not exist.
Due to the poor loading at the other site, I thought it was a resource issue still.

The attachments folder is 70gbs and I had a hard time moving the files due to timeouts, compression errors, etc. the folder is just a beast.
I made another attempt at downloading today. I haven't checked validity of the files yet.
And then there are those orphaned attachments which is a database issue. There are 0s where the attachment id should exist. These have been accumulating for years, and have never been addressed. So 345 out of 30000 attachments. Maybe we can start a find this photo thread.

Presently, I've dedicated 12cores of processors and 20gb of Ram, so this bitch ought to run like a BAMF. :bonghitter:

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:26 pm
by Lrus007
thank you for all you do roller

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:59 am
by Mister Grafik
roller24 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:00 pm
Presently, I've dedicated 12cores of processors and 20gb of Ram, so this bitch ought to run like a BAMF. :bonghitter:
Zero bugs / glitches ...

Nice one roller. Are you a free agent?