earliests memories...

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

earliests memories...

Post by rSin »

ive a few
but a standout is getting a whooping from my grandma and thinking
it to bad i dont know how to speak

i could explain to her the mistake she was making about what had happened...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

earliests memories...

Post by Butcher Bob »

Like snakes, elders often strike without warning.
Says the young boy who just got backhanded for flipping off the hippies in the car behind us...
"...but I was giving them the peace sign."
Consolation has little meaning, when you're punished for making someone smile.
What those hippies must have thought aboot my mother.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

earliests memories...

Post by rSin »

Butcher Bob wrote:Like snakes, elders often strike without warning.
Says the young boy who just got backhanded for flipping off the hippies in the car behind us...
"...but I was giving them the peace sign."
Consolation has little meaning, when you're punished for making someone smile.
What those hippies must have thought aboot my mother.

bravo!

i think each of us has a great story along these lines
thanks for the response bob...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

earliests memories...

Post by rSin »

great story bob!

as a kid the good local ethnic food was at this place on main and there were usually a few lowriders in the lot

this once a guy was walking around this guys nice all pin striped impala and breaking his windows with a hammer while the owner just stood there

remember looking at my pop in alarm but he gave me the code for ignore it...

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 498 times
Received Karma : 983 times

earliests memories...

Post by Munchy »

I'm always having quite vivid memories of my distant past, up to 55 years ago, as if my life is constantly flashing before my eyes, which is definitely more of a curse than a blessing...
one of my earliest memories was about age 5, when sitting at the dinner table next to my dad, and my mom was about to put more Brussel sprouts on my plate (which always made me gag) and I raised my open hand in a classic 'stop, no more' gesture, and was immediately backhanded about 10' across the room into the corner, and he yells at me never to raise my hand to my mom, as if I had actually meant to strike her.
another dinner time, some door-to-door sales lady had knocked on the door, which I answered, and invited her to come in, and my dad was sitting there just in his underwear, lol.
I guess he got even on Christmas morning when I was 6, he wouldn't let me get dressed, insisting that I immediately come out to the front room naked, and then he had just taken a picture of me, with his new Polaroid camera.
another one was when I was maybe 7 years old, climbing higher than ever up a tree in our front yard, and i must have been more than 20' high, slipped and fell, landing right on my head and blacking out for a bit. i suppose that one explains a lot, lol. never got any kind of treatment for that, my mom didn't realize how far I'd fallen, and my neck always still hurts to this day.
another day that year, I'd been walking around the front yard along a cement walkway, next to a patch of ivy, carrying one of those little sacks that had come with gum which looked like gold nuggets, but it was actually holding one of those big glass grapes, about 1-1/2" diameter, from a table decoration. the bag busted and the glass ball fell and made a noise, apparently scaring a black widow spider which the next thing I knew, it was on my upper left arm, and bit me as I was trying to flick it off, and then it bit me again on the back of my leg, the bites were swelling up really big and fast, and the doctor said it was a good thing my mom had brought me in right away.
another time there I had been lucky after playing with a scorpion with a little stick, unaware until being informed afterwards that those things can jump a few feet.
I also remember all too well, the only time I ever saw my only living grandparent, when she was on her deathbed, paralyzed and unable to speak beyond making ga-ga sounds, which kind've freaked me out, and then the funeral, when my mom cried all day.
another time was my 9th birthday when it was over 100f and my parents were taking me for a long drive somewhere, but the 1968 Dodge Polara had a big back window, sloping nearly over the back seat, and no A/C, so the sun was literally cooking me back there, and they wouldn't let me sit up front, and it was my most miserable birthday ever.
and then there was when I had a couple of hamsters for a week or so, had gotten a really cool plastic cage for them, which my mom cleaned one day, and then stupidly put it in the oven to dry off, and it melted... i don't know if they were in it at the time, but i never saw them again.
and I remember my mom used to always spank me so hard with a 15" wooden ruler, down below my butt on my leg where it hurt the worst, until the metal strip came off, and then the ruler finally broke in half on me.
another time I'll never forget was the day, still at 9 years old, and my sister was only 2 years old, when my dad informed me that he was leaving for good, and would not be with us any more. he had been staying out late at bars each night, and my mom said he'd been cheating on her, and he had been caught with some make-up on his collar, so he just up and left us.
I could go on and on and write a whole book about my childhood years... I remember it all so well, but I sure wish I didn't.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

earliests memories...

Post by rSin »

i remember pulling drawers out to make steps i needed to reach the counter top...

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2185 times
Received Karma : 1606 times

earliests memories...

Post by ripper5 »

Some of mine had to do with a man landing on the moon and the yellow submarine

przcvctm
needs karma
Has bestowed Karma : 6 times
Received Karma : 13 times

earliests memories...

Post by przcvctm »

At age 3 in 1960, I remember walking up the stairs of the hospital with my parents to get my tonsils out. I can vividly recall the anesthesia mask held against my face and how offensive the smell of the gas was (whatever it was back then). Waking in recovery was miserable.

webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 138 times
Received Karma : 175 times

earliests memories...

Post by webeblzr »

As I look back, I realize I was on the spectrum. I was in a constant day dream. All of a sudden, someone would be shaking me, usually a bit violently, screaming *didnt I just telll you.....*. Or, *Jesus Christ, are you fucking stupid*.
They gave me, garbage burning, as my first chore. Well also I had to fill up the kerosene tanks, on those tower type nasty as fuck space heaters, we had up stairs.
So I'm burning trash, one evening, when KABOOM, and right behind it KABOOM, another explosion! The cinder block fire place was bulged out a bit, and as they came running outside screaming *YOU STUPID BASTARD WHAT IN THE HELL... after some spray cans exploded spewing burning trash all over the back yard, BOY, YOU DANM WELL KNOW, your supposed to check for spray cans. Fuck, it never occurred to me, maybe they did tell me, hell I was day dreaming.