Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 218 times

WHAB Bites The Bullet... MMJ Patient AND Cultivation Permits

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

For those looking in...

I just did what I said I would not do and submit application to Cultivate Medical Cannabis.

I got to thinking that IF I had full on, but within the legal limits, grow and the State did come visit me I would lose it all even though I have multiple qualification conditions...and complying within the allowable limits.

I just bit the bullet. I just completed the examination online. Except for my not being prepared - I only decided this afternoon to go ahead with ti - it went pretty smooth.

Great an very helpful staff. Very helpful. There is some cross-talk, especially digitally, at the ends of these confounded wires :facepalm:

I was on their website texting with staff. They were sending me emails at the same time that answered some of the questions I was discussing with staff online and I didn't see the emails until well after the fact :facepalm:

Then on my phone. Video conferencing AND texting :facepalm:

On the website, on emails, on video (on phone) AND texting on phone :facepalm:

Got it done, though.

Even through my unpreparedness, I was done within 2 hours (about an hour and a half).

https://elevate-holistics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were the most cost effective = least expensive I could find locally (even though it was all done digitally).

$75 for the medical evaluation. And $30 for their Full-Service Account Setup. They handle and submit all the forms that the state requires. They provided the Full-Service Account Setup to me for free. It is free for Veterans :tup:

They'll complete their end of the process in the AM, they said.

I still have to pony up $25 for the MMJ card. $25 annually :facepalm:

But, their Cultivation permit is $100. :facepalm: Annually. $100 annually to grow. :facepalm:

But, at least I'll know if I happen to get stopped for a driving infraction, which I do not engage in, and I have a few OZs I'll at least have that end legally covered in the state.

A little piece of mind. I hate jail food! Get lots of rest, though! :roflmao:
MMJ Approval Email 0001 01282021.png
So, there's that :wink: :grin:

:tup:,
WHAB

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

WHAB: Things Are Looking Up...

Post by Butcher Bob »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:I suspect they also erected the trusses, I do not know that for sure but looking at them they are not engineered trusses, that much I'm sure of.

Do you care to illustrate what you would do with the dimensions I provided?
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Also, I had considered removing that center board (peak support) lumber until reading your, Oldjoints and ButcherBob comments!

But, after reading the comments I do think it is possible IF engineered correctly.
I would agree that they do not look engineered....but they would still act as a truss, even if not optimized for best efficiency.

I know enough to identify the concern, but I'm not qualified to design an alternate truss. I too initially thought of a box design like you've come up with...I've seen plenty of systems that use it. However I was unsure in your situation with the vertical ridge supports. I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure how to go aboot doing it.

Personally, I'd want the whole space open. And because rafter span tables are much easier to figure out than truss design, I'd probably sister the correct size to the existing rafters, along with new ones in between, so that all interior supports could be eliminated. But that would be a lot of work, and a sizable chunk of money.

You might be able to find a truss company online that has diagrams of options and sizing...then just copy what they do.:dunno:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Inches Forward 2 Forming Woodworking Shop & Grow Reside

Got'r done! *"Thank you ever so much, SIL!*

***I know you're all desirous of having a SIL as perfect as this one, mine! :roflmao:***

Kidding aside, she's awesome! We team up on tasks. All I have to hear is "I need (or similar terms)..." and I'm up on my feet ready to go.

The worst part was getting the Modified 2 Stage Delta 50-850 1.5HP, Oneida Super Dust Deputy Dust Collector out of the shed and into the 1924 Brick Schoolhouse. The plan is to mount it up near the handrail of the loft, by myself. Right around the corner where those tall 2x4Basics shelves are, near the microwave.

The before, the after...in 2 parts...

First overview of the space (and a bit of clutter. my clutter :winky:) you are seeing...

From the vestibule (4 foot wide pocket door)...panning right as I walk West into the space, then a 90°...
Shop Grow 0001 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0002 01292021.jpg
*above is my laundry bag from Boot Camp...(a long time ago) ... I just pulled it out of storage. :tup:* OORAH!, Motherfucker...OORAH! :grin:
Shop Grow 0003 01292021.jpg
From the Modified Ship's Ladder...
Shop Grow 0004 01292021.jpg
The cabinet I referred to in a previous post...an antique shop cabinet. You can see I taped it up. That was on the other end, at the storage unit. I knew I laid it down on its back. I knew it was getting wet from the rain that occurred when I parked the trailer here, the too cold weather for me to get out there, then about an inch of snow. The tarp was iced up pretty well. The back of the cabinet was already de-laminated before it went on the trailer. This experience has worsened it. More serious rain tomorrow...it had to come off the trailer. Done!...

Still, an amazing shop cabinet, even de-lamed and missing a drawer.

My SIL called dibs on it when I cease to exist in this world...It's hers.
Shop Grow 0006 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0007 01292021.jpg
She's a beaut, ain't she?!?! (the cabinet, I would *never think of my SIL in that way :roflmao:).

Continued...
:puffpass:

Add Edit: *never Doh!!! :laugh:

:smoke:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

...continued.

Part duex (Fuch the French! :roflmao:)

The before...
Shop Grow 0005 01292021.jpg
In the back right of the trailer is one of a full set of customized (modified attach points, strap steel welded in place) Eddie Bauer seats. They're temporary seats for the 1962 Willys Wagon. I have the original seats and frames in storage. They're in the pictures, I failed to mention them. They were very nice when I put them in the back of one of my Willys Wagon donor vehicles in my BIL's boneyard a few years ago (my actual brother got them at auction, didn't want them and gave them to me). I saw some potential problem areas while moving them around - have not taken a good look at them.

The first thing off the trailer was the shop cabinet, of course (you can see it standing up in the back of this image - I HAD TO get it off its back (I knew I was potentially harming it and it didn't sit well with me)...man, I like that thing. Next was the second most important item off the trailer and the reason we're all here...
Shop Grow 0008 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0008 01292021.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1900 times
Then, like magic! The after...
Shop Grow 0009 01292021.jpg
The time and weather when we got done. Nice Winter day to be out of doors getting some things done...
Shop Grow 0010 01292021.jpg
More of the after...

From the vestibule panning right, then stepping in and panning right.
Shop Grow 0011 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0012 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0013 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0013 01292021.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1900 times
Shop Grow 0014 01292021.jpg
Shop Grow 0014 01292021.jpg (2.03 MiB) Viewed 1900 times
Almost nothing went in the shed. Almost everything that was on the trailer came into the 1924 Schoolhouse - + the the Modified 2 Stage Delta 50-850 1.5HP, Oneida Super Dust Deputy Dust Collection System.

You can see how waterlogged the boxes are. The first thing is to rebox them (good thing I 'might' have one or two available :winky:), then hanging the Modified 2 Stage Delta 50-850 1.5HP, Oneida Super Dust Deputy Dust Collection System, then connect it's remote control power supply, then the connection of hose and fitting then fire it up :tup: I haven't hear if run in more than 18 months :frown:

Good thing that amazing Cloning Machine isn't subject to water damage much (except for certain conditions. And, again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

***I have tentatively scheduled a trip to retrieve my machines - after the 1st (depending on financing - I think I have it handled) :tup:***

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:I suspect they also erected the trusses, I do not know that for sure but looking at them they are not engineered trusses, that much I'm sure of.

Do you care to illustrate what you would do with the dimensions I provided?
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Also, I had considered removing that center board (peak support) lumber until reading your, Oldjoints and ButcherBob comments!

But, after reading the comments I do think it is possible IF engineered correctly.
I would agree that they do not look engineered....but they would still act as a truss, even if not optimized for best efficiency.

I know enough to identify the concern, but I'm not qualified to design an alternate truss. I too initially thought of a box design like you've come up with...I've seen plenty of systems that use it. However I was unsure in your situation with the vertical ridge supports. I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure how to go aboot doing it.

Personally, I'd want the whole space open. And because rafter span tables are much easier to figure out than truss design, I'd probably sister the correct size to the existing rafters, along with new ones in between, so that all interior supports could be eliminated. But that would be a lot of work, and a sizable chunk of money.

You might be able to find a truss company online that has diagrams of options and sizing...then just copy what they do.:dunno:
Thank you, again, for your input, my friend!

Yes, when I first got here I heard from my niece that the place was approved for a second story, the base structure could support it. That's all I know about the approval. No details. Does that mean take the top off and build walls up on the top of the double stacked brick wall? Does that mean re-engineering the trusses to create a second story under the existing top. Does that mean erecting a Timber Frame Endoskeleton and tie into the re-engineered trusses (I have seriously considered that one. I think it would look amazing and unique!)? No one could tell me. My niece couldn't provide me with contact information, not even the fellow's name :dunno: :tdn: :grin:.

The only thing I think could possibly be added to enhance it strength is in blue...but, even I think that is overkill. My only consideration at this point is what method of gusset do I incorporate; the nail plate gussets or plywood gussets. I prefer plywood gussets but I realize with increased costs of construction materials nail plates may be the best, cost effective method in which to accomplish the desired reinforced results.
Flower Room 0003  01282021.jpg
Thanks again, brother. Please chime in at any point. Your opinion is valued. Any of you. Your voice is valued.

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Oh, I almost forgot!

The wellhead out of the shed, and put back where it started life nearly 100 years ago :tup: (it needs to be stabilized. It's sitting on a PVC stub-out, for some reason. There is metal 6 or 7 inches down from the what is visible. There is also a clamshell closeout cover there, the original, I'm sure) . There is no way of actually knowing IF this is that wellhead, but it was on the property when my brother took ownership of it and it is the ONLY wellhead on the property - a safe assumption :winky:

Pretty cool shot of the FIVE FIVE Foot windowed wall! Schweet!!! *that is measured 5 feet on the interior. I have never measured the exterior arch that does not exist on the interior. That 'plywood' on the exterior looks bad. Will take deeper look at it when I get around to that task*
Wellhead 0001 01292021.jpg
Then, trying to capture a similar perspective the artist had when she painted it a long time ago.

I'm in the treeline. I'm bending down in the trees because I couldn't get the shot if I didn't, my head would be in the limbs. Behind me is a fence and then a paved county road, the last one in this area.

I suspect the artist was in the road before the fence, before the trees.

A reminder...
20191210_181139.jpg
The best I could do... (I do have a shot from in the road I took a while ago, not sure where in this box it is :laugh:).

*the artist 'may' have taken creative license and originated the perspective and it only exists in her mind at that time - that makes it even cooler, having a creative hand myself* *something really puzzling to me; she got the date wrong...that's weird!*
Wellhead 0002 01292021.jpg
Super :cool:, in my opinion - your opinion 'may' vary :toker1: :roflmao:

WHAB

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My only consideration at this point is what method of gusset do I incorporate; the nail plate gussets or plywood gussets. I prefer plywood gussets but I realize with increased costs of construction materials nail plates may be the best, cost effective method in which to accomplish the desired reinforced results.
I like the idea of plywood. Something to consider if going with plate, whether they be the stamped version or nail on, is the type of wood. If those rafters and joists are oak or some other hardwood, it could make attaching the plates more difficult than today's SPF framing lumber.

And if you go plywood, price shop it. I just saw someone say they priced it at the big outlets (Lowes, Home Depot) for $47 a sheet for 1/2" cdx...but was able to find it for $28 a sheet at a "local" lumber yard.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

nice stairs,

therms, ie thermometers
you can put them left right and center and really get an idea what your grills doing with the top down...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My only consideration at this point is what method of gusset do I incorporate; the nail plate gussets or plywood gussets. I prefer plywood gussets but I realize with increased costs of construction materials nail plates may be the best, cost effective method in which to accomplish the desired reinforced results.
I like the idea of plywood. Something to consider if going with plate, whether they be the stamped version or nail on, is the type of wood. If those rafters and joists are oak or some other hardwood, it could make attaching the plates more difficult than today's SPF framing lumber.

And if you go plywood, price shop it. I just saw someone say they priced it at the big outlets (Lowes, Home Depot) for $47 a sheet for 1/2" cdx...but was able to find it for $28 a sheet at a "local" lumber yard.
Another great point, BB! I will look more closely at it the next time I'm up there, which is going to be very soon. I have piece of wood 8'4" I'm taking up with me. I am very curious where an 8 foot ceiling would land on the "rafters".

Shopping "local" lumber yards for sheet goods is nearly impossible, if not totally impossible. We have exactly 1 retail lumber supplier, 20+ miles away. I have to go another 20 or so more miles before I hit another one :facepalm: That's to the South, though....and the Big city. I think I'll look North a bit. I was doing some research for a Dispensary and there is one 30 odd miles North of me. I don't think any Dispensaries are open right now, in my quick search...but, when they do open, it's only a little bit out of my way on my way to and from my Cardiology appointments.

I tend toward plywood, too. Excellent point, though. I'm pretty sure I got some 1/2 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood from Menards for $17 or so.

Thanks, again, BB! :tup:

:beercheer:,
WHAB

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2224 times
Received Karma : 1647 times

Post by ripper5 »

@ WHAB: Here's mine. That's a "Plenty vape I'm holding. I had a Storz & Buckle Crafty too, but it was too fragile for me. :smoke: :volcano:
Attachments
IMG_20210129_224412089.jpg