Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

deran wrote:your hardware has a naming problem, its called doran - and thats plain wrong - it should be deran ;)

on a side note, to cut times and problems ... just run em for 24 hours on, i mean its veg, you are killing 2 flies with one move, the added 6 hours of light will make use of your 1.4 EC , which imho aint too much, i say that because the European grow mix (of choice from BIO BIZZ) , is exactly called - LIGHT MIX - has an EC of 1,2 , and i do start seedlings with that peat based soil mix, your plants are big enough to eat 1,4 EC (btw i dont like ppm nor tds, because they are a computed values that are based on electric conductivity , ec is always the same, around the whole globe, but tds and ppm have different interpretations, so one manufacturer uses EC of 1,4 to calculate it to 700ppms , while another has a reading of 500ppms, another of 900ppms; and exactly this misinterpretations lead to elementary bingo = which element is missing, and how much of it is missing, thats a never ending swirl into trouble; just fuck it, and only use EC values plz, its for the good of all mankind), i might even tempted to bring the ec value up to 1,6 - by only judging the bigger plants, but i dont wanna interfere as you already diagnosed on overfeed, it is what it is, so lets move on and lower your PH down to 5,5 or even better 5,2 , you will see improvements , also PH swings are a good thing as they favor different uptake rate speeds, you dont have anything to loose, have you? ;)

so by saying have a great day, i respond, have even a greater night :smoke:
its called doran - and thats plain wrong - it should be deran ;)
I literally thought of that when I typed it out :roflmao:

I thought 1.4 EC straight out of 'no nutes' rooting (cloning machine) is a pretty strong concoction. I don't have a problem working up to stronger nutes, steps at a time.

You wouldn't give a Heroin user a 1 gram injection on their first day, you work them up to it! :roflmao:

And, yes, I wholeheartedly agree on your E.C., PPM, TDS statement. I use ANY of them just as a point of reference. I tend to relate E.C. to the 500ppm scale, again, just as a point of reference. I do use E.C. in practice. I relate it to PPM when informing others. I have to know a target before I can hit it.

I am aiming for a pH of 5.5. It was sitting at 5.7 the last time I checked. I can't chase 5.5 from 5.7. It is a never ending back-and-forth battle. I try to lower it from 5.7 and the next thing I know it's 4.7, then up above 6. IF I can hit from 5.5 to 6 I'm happy until the numbers change on their own. My pH out of the faucet is over 7. I do agree on the pH swings. It does allow the plant to adsorb at different rates at different times.

I don't say "have a great day", Doran! :winky: I say "Make" it a great day. People have choices in life. They can decide to "make" their day great or they can decide not to! :winky:

Make it a great evening, Doran! :tup: :winky:

:roflmao:

All the best, brother!,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft Day 4

Since my last post, I took a day off :frown:. The next day, yesterday, I woke up laying on my back AGAIN and I was IR all day (even though I did go up and cut the Tits-On-A-Bull Strong-Backs back to route the duct later in the evening).

Photo Day - Veg Day 4:

AcuRite remote sensor...
5-in-1 Remote Sensor Veg Day 4 03312021.jpg
pH has crept up to a fluctuating 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 6.0. Gonna knock it down a tad bit.

E.C. is at 1.4.

Reservoir temperature is 67.8°F

I have to get a yardstick to monitor vertical growth.

Sets of images. 2 images per plant or pair of plants. First from top, second is profile of same plant or plants. I will continue all updates in this fashion.

These are just before Lights On, so they've been resting for 6 hours. Leaves have been reaching up in Lights On
Veg  Day 4 0008 03312021.jpg
Veg Day 4 0008 03312021.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 974 times
Veg  Day 4 0009 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0010 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0011 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0012 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0013 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0014 03312021.jpg
Veg  Day 4 0015 03312021.jpg
That second from that last image, the plant on the left is a Second Transplant that should be dead! :winky:

I am admittedly a little rusty at this and I have looked everywhere and I can't find a definitive answer. The light green color of the leaves; is that a deficiency or just new growth?

I thought it was either a deficiency or a toxicity. I'm not sure and I can't find definitive answer.

I have made some progress in the attic. I have rerouted the AC Infinity T6 out the West side (back side of 1924 Schoolhouse) as mentioned above. I have not ducted it out the eave yet. Will try and get that done.

I'm going up now to permanently installed that vertical truss support, the vertical truss support I replaced that was rotten. I had not come up with a great idea on how to get up there to reach it, then I remembered I had the cutoff steps from the attic ladder. I had to borrow it as I had already given it away! :roflmao:

Should have some pictures of that work the next time I come down.

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by rSin »

And youre good?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

rSin wrote:And youre good?
Hello friend! :wave:

Am I "good" as relating to what? My person? Yeah. My back? Not really. My heart? Better than I expected! My Res Temps, E.C., pH? Yeah. I can bring the pH down a tick or two.

:tup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Truss Support

Pretty sketchy shit right here! :roflmao:

I had to span the just installed attic ladder opening to build a platform to hold up one leg of the foldable cutoff from the attic ladder steps, the other leg is standing on a cutoff scrap! :crazy: :roflmao:
Attic Support 0003 03312021.jpg
Attic Support 0004 03312021.jpg
These 3 pictures are showing the setup from the bottom to the top. I couldn't get it all in frame from that angle.
Attic Support 0005 03312021.jpg
Attic Support 0006 03312021.jpg
Attic Support 0007 03312021.jpg
I couldn't get it all in one frame from the other side either, close though.
Attic Support 0009 03312021.jpg
Standing back 3 or 4 bays I got it in one frame.
Attic Support 0008 03312021.jpg
Thinking about it now, I haven't fallen through the Luan ceiling panels once! I haven't even stepped on a ceiling panel - yet! :roflmao:

I got all the tall work done for now. I wasn't able to install a gusset at this point. I used the 3/4 inch plywood for the floor in the Veg/Grow space :grin:

I also haven't connected the bottom of that vertical support yet, either. I will do both later.

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Looking good WHAB!! Don’t fall thru the ceiling.. this is something I would do! 10 times!

Th light green I am used to seeing a bit less intense than what your plants are exhibiting.. N deficiency will present itself lower on the plant- the new growth coming on here looks like the beginning of a lockout ?? I would triple check everything! Something may out of balance ! It looks 2 me like the roots may not be workin’

Ph rising like that quickly maybe means the nutrients are doing something funky in the mixture ..

Could be wrong.. Worth check in’ !

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I hit a glitch in the matrix! :roflmao:

I wasn't thinking about it, but the West side of the roof is all pitched roof. It's not a Gable End. There is no "Fascia" to vent through as it is on the East side. The Fascia on the West side looks to just be attached to the faux rafter tails. I think. I can't get a good look at the outside at night. That's what it looks like from the inside and what I can see on the outside.

This is looking West and how I want to duct it out.

First image is after I cut the strong-backs out of the way and before I flipped the duct the other direction.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0005 03312021.jpg
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0006 03312021.jpg
This is what it looks like on the outside at night.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0010 03312021.jpg
Even IF I could go out the West side, the transition duct I have won't fit in the space, IF I were to go out the Rim Joist.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0007 03312021.jpg
So, I 'think' I am left with 3 options.

I could go out through the "rim joist" with a different (narrower) transition duct.

I could go out the Soffit with a 90 degree transition duct, pointing it down (which may be a good way to go).

Or, I can go out the Fascia on the East side, flipping the fan and ducting back the other way from where I just moved it!

And, then, something I had not thought about until this point, I'll have to get some sort of screened register to prevent wildlife from inhabiting it when not in use - or sooner :winky:

This is from the pitched end of the roof, where I hope to run the duct, looking back to the AC Infinity T6.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0009 03312021.jpg
Things to ponder! :grin:

:beercheer:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:Looking good WHAB!! Don’t fall thru the ceiling.. this is something I would do! 10 times!

Th light green I am used to seeing a bit less intense than what your plants are exhibiting.. N deficiency will present itself lower on the plant- the new growth coming on here looks like the beginning of a lockout ?? I would triple check everything! Something may out of balance ! It looks 2 me like the roots may not be workin’

Ph rising like that quickly maybe means the nutrients are doing something funky in the mixture ..

Could be wrong.. Worth check in’ !
Hey Mister G! :wave:

Thanks, man!

I've been pretty careful up there up to this point but, they're called "accidents" for a reason! :winky:. I'm almost done with this aspect of the work up there. When I start the other work I will put some temporary plywood 'flooring' up there.

Yes, I thought N deficiency right off .... but as you say, it would be in the lower leafs first. It doesn't fit this circumstance at this stage of growth.

It 'may' be the onset of Lock-Out. I had not considered or researched that...even though I do have knowledge and memory of it.

It wasn't really a sudden pH rise. It's been sitting at 5.7 or so for days.

But, it still 'may' be something funky with the Nutes. That 'white slime' I ran into the other day has had me wondering about these Mega Crop nutrients since then. I've never seen anything like that.

I will triple check everything as you suggest, starting with re-calibrating the Bluelab pH Truncheon and go from there (it's only been about 10 days since I last calibrated it, so I don't suspect that to be the problem).

I still think the high E.C. is a contributing factor. But, I can't get it down without emptying some of the reservoir, which I have been considering since the white slime issue....only to get the E.C. down a bit.

Thanks for getting me to think about lock-out...that is a real possibility! :tup:

:rockon:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

It just might be lockout. Thanks for making me question it, Mister G! :tup:

I just tried to calibrate the Bluelab pH Truncheon and I don't think it calibrated correctly.

I tried pH 7 and pH 4 calibration solutions several times. A few times it seemed to calibrate to pH 7 and a few times to pH 4 solutions. But, a few times it didn't hit on the solution I was testing to OR it started blinking .5 after in addition to calibrating on each solution. I've never seen that before and since this Truncheon is no longer supported I doubt I'll find documentation on it. A couple of times when I was using the 4 solution it calibrated to 7 :facepalm:

With each time I 'thought' it 'might' be calibrated I kept getting mostly 6.0 or higher readings in the reservoir and I pH downed it a few times. I 'think' it is at 5.6 now - I 'think'! :frown:

I just bought the Bluelab pH Pen... $90 I was hoping not to spend.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005POOJHG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also bought some bulb-seal for the Cloning Machine. I tried to find locally, that wasn't possible when I looked previously. I'm hoping to find the angle iron I need locally. And I bought both 180 degree and 360 degree spray nozzles for the cloning machine as well. I'll get the 1/2 pvc locally. I expect to have that up and running very soon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V2N1N6L" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I bought a Hydrofarm BAC100A Xtrasun 1000W MH/HPS Convertible Ballast (not the 'budget' model) to avail myself of Roots VERY generous gifts! Thank you, sir!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009I66I8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dang! I forgot I have a CT Scan later today!

Thanks again, folks!

I'm outtie!

:wink:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I have looked. I can't find anything on why during pH solution 4 calibration, it locks on a number and I put my finger on the spot described to calibrate it and it flashes .9 like it should, then goes to flashing .5 when it should be locking onto 4.

I don't get it. Damn!
Bluelab pH Truncheon 7 Test Solution 0002 04012021.jpg
Bluelab pH Truncheon 7 Test Solution 0003 04012021.jpg
I'm sure I'm not getting a good reading and that second plant on the right side is looking worse today than it was yesterday.
Veg  Day 4 0009 03312021.jpg
*that picture is from yesterday*

Damn!

I should have figured out Lockout before being prompted, thankfully by misattribution @Floyd [insert] Mister G (apologies, Mister G!)! It just didn't come to mind. I was stuck on a deficiency.

I'm going to try and bump the shipping up to get the pH Pen here sooner. I saw that option but I have 2 items in that order and I'm not sure right now which one the speedier shipping is being offered on. I'm hoping it is the pH Pen.

:facepalm:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.