Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:16 pm
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:00 pm
But, we are a MMJ state. I am "legal".
Not federally...especially if it's VA connected. :frown:

Each clinic seems to have their own rules. :dunno:
My apologies, sir. I didn't realize I left this hanging out there! Sorry.

I did some research on the matter recently. I didn't want to lie to the Pain Clinic. My appointment is on the 7th.

I found this...

"Veteran participation in state marijuana programs does not affect eligibility for VA care and services. VA providers can and do discuss marijuana use with Veterans as part of comprehensive care planning, and adjust treatment plans as necessary."

While there are a dozen or so bullet-points, this is #1...
  • Veterans will not be denied VA benefits because of marijuana use.
For any Veterans out there, this is where the information above came from...

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/marijuana.asp

I have not ingested any Cannabis since about November 8th :frown: :frown: :frown: . I can honestly state that I'm not using Cannabis "illegal substances". I have been tempted several times! :frown: :frown: :frown:

I will tip-toe around the topic at the appointment.

My "Renewel" date to the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program is quickly approaching. I received a 45 day renewal notice today...I received the first notice at the 60 days point. I plan to renew as soon as I have the $$$ to do so, probably soon.

As an aside, a point as to our previous discussion regarding Time Team...

They are rebooting the program! :tup: New presenters, new digs! Several of the original team members are returning. It doesn't look like Phil Harding will be involved :frown: Phil continues his work with Wessex Archaeology. Their YT channel is wessexarchaeology.

Mick Aston and Victor Ambrus won't be included. They have both expired. Professor Aston passed away around the time the program ended. Victor passed away just last February.

Time Team Official is their primary YT channel. Time Team Classics is still putting out work as well. Good stuff!

They seem to share their content with Timeline and Odyssey channels. I only mention that because I landed on a few videos that I had already watched on Time Team Classics.

I'm looking forward to their new stuff.

Have you seen the Roman mosaic depicting the Illiad that was recently discovered? Amazing stuff!

Now, back to babysitting my sour-belly! :frown:

Happy New Year, Brother Bob! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Oh, My Aching Back - MRI Report.

Post by Butcher Bob »

Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:18 am
I found this...

"Veteran participation in state marijuana programs does not affect eligibility for VA care and services. VA providers can and do discuss marijuana use with Veterans as part of comprehensive care planning, and adjust treatment plans as necessary."

That is good news. :)

Just watch the "...and adjust treatment plans as necessary." part.

It is actually refreshing to see the VA being more open minded aboot viable treatments.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 pm
I found this...

That is good news. :)

Just watch the "...and adjust treatment plans as necessary." part.

It is actually refreshing to see the VA being more open minded aboot viable treatments.
Hello friend!

Yes, I was quite surprised to see the turnaround :tup:. They've actually entered the 21st Century! :woohoo: :winky: I've seen it with Chiropractic Care and Private Messaging previously. I queried them on both before they were adopted and they acted like I was a Voodoo Shaman :roflmao:. They eventually adopted both.

When I read those words you highlight, I presume that means drug interactions....which I don't believe exist with Cannabis and Pharmaceuticals, in my opinion.

To be honest, and I'll be honest with the Pain Clinic, I don't like their poisons. I don't want their poisons BUT, their poisons are, at times, the only thing that provides relief. They are my last resort for relief. I rarely use them at all. I tough it out for the most part. I typically don't even take one pill a month, typically. I've had 30 pills last a couple of years or more. I don't tell them that so I have a reserve built up. I have told them in the past that I go through 30 pills in 18 months, which shows them that I'm not abusing them, giving them away or selling them.

I much prefer Cannabis....but, there are those times when it just isn't enough.

I'm not sure I'll be making my appointment tomorrow, though....and, I called them yesterday to make them aware that my rear wheel vehicle is an ice skate in snow and IF there is snow on the road (the paved road starts out at the mailbox in the picture) by the time I go to leave tomorrow I won't be making the appointment. They understood. They agreed to reschedule IF it happens that way. :tup:

0001 01062022.jpg

It's not much but it doesn't take much to effect how my car drives (or doesn't drive, more accurately :winky:). It really, really doesn't like Winter weather! :roflmao: I got loose a couple of times last Winter. :whistle: :roflmao: Once on my return drive after visiting our friend, the front end got loose on my route back to the 1924 Schoolhouse and I was sure I was going to wind up in the ditch...there are no shoulders on this route.

:fly:,
WHAB

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:35 pm
I don't want their poisons BUT, their poisons are, at times, the only thing that provides relief. They are my last resort for relief. I rarely use them at all. I tough it out for the most part. I typically don't even take one pill a month, typically. I've had 30 pills last a couple of years or more. I don't tell them that so I have a reserve built up. I have told them in the past that I go through 30 pills in 18 months, which shows them that I'm not abusing them, giving them away or selling them.

Society has been conditioned to believe the "gateway drug" narrative...marijuana users WILL become opioid addicts.
But most of what I see is as you describe...folks who prefer cannabis, but sometimes need something stronger. They don't want the pills, but sometimes need them if they want to be able to function. I know a couple folks that take them so infrequently that they have to take some for a couple days before clinic visits, just to have some in their system for the tests. One had their script cut off because they had none in their system once. Sometimes I think the "professionals" have a funny way of looking at things. :dunno:

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: Stoned Cold Bulldog
Has bestowed Karma : 12 times
Received Karma : 174 times

Post by Hopefull Stoner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:00 pm
But, we are a MMJ state. I am "legal".

I did some research on the matter recently. I didn't want to lie to the Pain Clinic. My appointment is on the 7th.

I found this...

I have not ingested any Cannabis since about November 8th :frown: :frown: :frown: . I can honestly state that I'm not using Cannabis "illegal substances". I have been tempted several times! :frown: :frown: :frown:

My "Renewel" date to the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program is quickly approaching. I received a 45 day renewal notice today...I received the first notice at the 60 days point. I plan to renew as soon as I have the $$$ to do so, probably soon.

They are rebooting the program! :tup: New presenters, new digs! Several of the original team members are returning. It doesn't look like Phil Harding will be involved :frown: Phil continues his work with Wessex Archaeology. Their YT channel is wessexarchaeology.

Mick Aston and Victor Ambrus won't be included. They have both expired. Professor Aston passed away around the time the program ended. Victor passed away just last February.

Time Team Official is their primary YT channel. Time Team Classics is still putting out work as well. Good stuff!

They seem to share their content with Timeline and Odyssey channels. I only mention that because I landed on a few videos that I had already watched on Time Team Classics.

Have you seen the Roman mosaic depicting the Illiad that was recently discovered? Amazing stuff!

WHAB
I was told point blank that they wouldn’t prescribe certain narcotics for pain if I was using marijuana and denied me pain meds based on this policy and I am not the only one as it’s done in multiple states.

Based on the wording though it seems what they tell us is a black not grey area that I will now force them to show me documentation that supports their lack of treatment.
So, once again the patients advocates office will hear from me MOs def.
Stoned Cold Bulldog in the flesh. peace power and luv to all comrades and old friends. :gadday: :toker1: :tokie:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:56 pm
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:35 pm
I don't want their poisons BUT, their poisons are, at times, the only thing that provides relief. They are my last resort for relief. I rarely use them at all. I tough it out for the most part. I typically don't even take one pill a month, typically. I've had 30 pills last a couple of years or more. I don't tell them that so I have a reserve built up. I have told them in the past that I go through 30 pills in 18 months, which shows them that I'm not abusing them, giving them away or selling them.

Society has been conditioned to believe the "gateway drug" narrative...marijuana users WILL become opioid addicts.
But most of what I see is as you describe...folks who prefer cannabis, but sometimes need something stronger. They don't want the pills, but sometimes need them if they want to be able to function. I know a couple folks that take them so infrequently that they have to take some for a couple days before clinic visits, just to have some in their system for the tests. One had their script cut off because they had none in their system once. Sometimes I think the "professionals" have a funny way of looking at things. :dunno:
It is a peculiar situation. They, the VA, put a halt to prescribing Opioids themselves when it became a big news item several years ago....it became a big news item because "news reports" of over-prescribing by VA Doctors along with sensationalized news reports of Opioid abuse and addiction and deaths or black market sales particularly among the Veteran population (the black market sales was likely "caregivers" stealing from the Veterans to sell on the street). I was neither of those. That didn't matter. IF they decided you needed them they started referring out that work to Pain Clinics.

At that exact point in time, they started offering alternatives to prescription drugs, in my case, they replaced Opioids with alternative care (something they considered quack science just previously to that)...in my case it was Chiropractic Care.

I asked to reauthorize the Oxycodones (something I had already gone through the Pain Clinic process and approved for and which they had been mailing to me previously) after a horrible experience around the first week in November (the worst pain I've ever experienced - literally from the top of my spine to the bottom), and they told me "no, you'll have better luck seeking remedy your self" (paraphrased). I interpreted that as an opening to Cannabis...IF I'm going to get a remedy myself, that is.

At the same time they said they wouldn't reauthorize Chiropractic Care for me until they had the results from that recent MRI. They ordered the Xrays and MRIs just on my describing to them over the phone my most painful experience just days earlier.

Then when they saw the MRI report, but I had not seem them yet, they messaged me asking me if I'd be receptive to an offer to send me to the Pain Clinic for the Opioids they had most recently informed me wouldn't happen. :dunno: :crazy: :roflmao:

Also during that discussion they told me they likely would not refer me out to Chiropractic Care IF the report came back indicating it would not be a good idea. After seeing the results I doubt they'll send me out. They indicated they wouldn't refer me out because they are of the opinion it would worsen the problems. I don't agree. After I saw the report I haven't brought it up again. I attempt to adjust myself, it is the only thing that resolves my neck pain.

Luckily, I'm not a shrinking violet. My assertiveness is the only reason I've gotten to the point, I'm sure.

I often wonder if it is non-assertiveness that causes Veterans to have difficulties with the process and they quit the process. I suspect in many cases it is. I could have easily gotten frustrated with the process IF I was possessed of a weaker constitution (or a straight-up asshole! (perspective :roflmao:)).

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Hopefull Stoner wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:10 am
Butcher Bob wrote:

I found this...

WHAB
I was told point blank that they wouldn’t prescribe certain narcotics for pain if I was using marijuana and denied me pain meds based on this policy and I am not the only one as it’s done in multiple states.

Based on the wording though it seems what they tell us is a black not grey area that I will now force them to show me documentation that supports their lack of treatment.
So, once again the patients advocates office will hear from me MOs def.
Hello Bulldog (Hopeful)! :wave:

Not only did I leave our friend Butcher Bob's post lingering way too long, I missed your post entirely. :frown:

My apologies!

It 'seems' the VA is taking tentative steps into the 21st Century.

These changes didn't occur without us patients pushing them.

IF you do address the issue with them, without jeopardizing your care, please let us know how it goes.

Again, apologies, my friend!,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Long Delayed Progress - Slow Going - Very ;-)

Slow going! My back :bigcry: :winky: and apprehension has slowed my progress.

My back you know about. Apprehension is in how I need to proceed with the build.

I previously mentioned the extra and unnecessary under loft support. I found out it was built that way because they had a different idea on how to build stairs up to the loft.

My main complaint is where they placed the 4x4 posts. Where they were placed them prevented positioning a mattress. A mattress of acceptable dimensions, that is. I am using a used, and quite painful at times, mattress now.

More to the point, no mattress could fit between the posts unless the mattress was away from any wall and thereby reducing the usable space by that much.

I have been apprehensive and dreading modifying the space. While the ledger board under the shared ceiling/floor joists of the loft was attached to the 1924 Schoolhouse stucco (cement) wall with masonry screws I wanted to add more masonry screws than what they used. I wanted to make sure the ledger is supported as well "I" can make it before removing/cutting the 4x4 posts out of the way.

Where it was...*dated image - trying to show the 4x4 posts and the 'extra' double beam support attached to them. There is a 4x4 post just to the left of the first image*

Under Loft 0015 08092021.jpg

I don't own a 'proper' hammer drill to drill into the masonry walls. It was a job!!! I used my GSB18-490B12 Brushless Hammer Drill/Driver. I spent some of this time puzzling over things puzzling IF I should buy a proper Hammer Drill. I just couldn't justify the purchase for just this one job. I very nearly did buy one just the other night. I used what I had and made it work.

Before I could remove the beams and 4x4 posts I had to unfasten the beams from the ceiling/floor joists.

They screwed the joists down into the beams. I didn't realize that until I tried to remove them. I removed the bolts/washers/nuts that went through to beams horizontally and it would be free to be removed - it wouldn't come loose. The screws I couldn't see at first were installed from above before they put the 1924 Schoolhouse tongue&groove flooring down in the loft.

The Bosch GSR12V-140FCB22 Cordless 5-In-1 Multi-Head Power Drill/Driver saved the day - again!

Under Loft 0021 01152022.jpg

That drill/driver, even with its diminished size wouldn't fit in the space in a standard configuration. Only the 90 degree head would get the job done. I first tried to use a "Sawzall" to cut one of the screws and I did more damage to the joist than I'd like to have caused. I plan to sister a board to it. Probably not really necessary but I feel it is the right thing to do.

I gained 24 inches of usable floor space (mattress placement) on the West end of the under-loft by removing the 4x4 post on that end.

Under Loft 0022 01152022.jpg

Now I have to decide how large I need to make what will be a Veg space once the Attic space is completed. It looks like I'll have to Veg and Flower in the under-loft space at least one more time. As a Veg space it won't need to be as big as a Flower space.

Where you see the 2x4 on the floor at the foot of the place I lay my head is approximately 81 inches (6'9") from inside to inside of what will be walls.

Under Loft 0023 01152022.jpg

IF I keep the mattress (queen size) oriented in the same direction BUT if I buy a "Full" mattress I could gain another 5 inches. I am going to get another mattress one way or another. I'm still trying to get the VA to order one for me (there is still a chance - according to my reading of existing rules - the Pain Clinic is permitted to "prescribe" medical equipment. I need at least a full size mattress because there have been times that I wake up and my elbow is in extreme pain. It seems I hyperflex my elbow during my rest period - I'm a side-sleeper. I had to reschedule my pain clinic appointment because of that last snow. The road was clear on this end but our road, a dirt road, had snow on it. It's currently rescheduled for Jan. 25.)

This picture shows where the wall will fit now and the other 2x4 is where the wall would be IF I need the extra 5 inches.

Under Loft 0024 01152022.jpg

BUT, do I really need the extra 5 inches?

I don't think I'll "need" the extra 5 inches. I'll have to get my Clone and Veg and Flower systems in there to see the layout to make a final determination.

So, I've decided to build that wall in a way that I can easily bump it out those extra 5 inches down the road - I'm thinking 4 screws - 2 into the floor and 2 into the blocks in between the joists into each corner of the wall - would hold in place. The wall is only there for separation. For separation between me and light and to insulate it.

Continued...
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Long Delayed Progress II - Slow Going - Very ;-)

Now, I need to find my Chalk Line/Plumb Bob :dunno: :roflmao:. I've looked for it and I don't see it anywhere. I know I've seen it here at the Schoolhouse - I just don't remember if it was outside or inside where I saw it. I thought I may have to tie a nut to a string in the meantime! :roflmao:

I do have a Craftsman LaserTrac level I'd forgotten about. I used it to build a floating floor in a way out of level floor. I've never used it as a plumb bob.

Under Loft 0025 01162022.jpg

Under Loft 0026 01162022.jpg

It's taken an extraordinary amount of time just puzzling this out. Then overcoming the dread! :roflmao:

Continued (Spaghetti Sunday in process :winky:) ...
WHAB