Growing in electric sunshine
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by Butcher Bob »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My brain is insisting this was a brake anti squeal shim...
It's a starter shim. :wink:

:popcorn:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 218 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:My brain is insisting this was a brake anti squeal shim...
It's a starter shim. :wink:

:popcorn:
That's IT!!! Dang. That's it! Good call, my friend!

IF you ever need to upgrade your commercial propane range to a piezo igniter system grab for the bag of starter shims I'm sure everyone saves for decades! They're great at that task AND come pre-drilled!

:roflmao:

Thank you, sir!

Good night, brother!

:puffpass:

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ripper5 wrote:Love it.
.Time for a :volcano:.

Am I right? Are you enjoying a volcano? I love my volcano. :volcano:
Hey rip :wave:!

I do like Volcano's. I have used them many times. They're the best in their field.

However, I don't currently own one. I didn't have the cash when I bought mine.

I bought an Arizer Extreme Q.
Arizer Extreme Q 0001 01222021.png
It has held its own since I've had it. It's 7 or 8 years old. It's been trouble free the entire time.

Maybe in the future I will get a Volcano. I really do like them. IF I ever do get a Volcano, I'll give this one away to someone who needs it.

I think we ought to test yours though, friend....never know when a problem will pop up. I'll certify yours for use! :wink: I'd even bring the organic material :winky:

Good night, my friend!

:volcano:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

ripper5 wrote:Love it.
.Time for a :volcano:.

Am I right? Are you enjoying a volcano? I love my volcano. :volcano:
I do hope you did join me :volcano: regardless a brand. :grin:

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours" :roflmao: (j/k about showing)
Arizer Extreme Q 0002 01222021.png
Arizer Extreme Q 0003 01222021.png
Arizer Extreme Q 0004 01222021.png
Arizer Extreme Q 0005 01222021.png
I did spring for a Space Case grinder :wink:

Good night!

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Going for gear put on hold. My thumb is hurting more than I thought it would be at this point. I just pressed more blood out of a still swelling wound. No heavy lifting today. I'm going to try again tomorrow. Limited bending of that joint on that thumb.

Will get some other things done and re-season that griddle.

*Side note: I'm finding few real pumice griddle bricks. Fiberglass is all over the place :confused: They're advertised all over the place as Pumice Griddle Bricks but are actually fiberglass*

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Time To Buy Stock In Oil Companies and Paper Too! ...

Time To Buy Stock In Oil Companies...Cooking Oils.

IF you're smart you'd put your smart $$$ in cooking oil and paper companies! :roflmao:

First a good bath! :grin: (several paper towels used here) (bath per 'one set' of instructions, btw)

Then first scorching (lots of oil spread with paper towels - new clean paper towel with each subsequent spread) and burn off. Note fan is on #4, it's highest setting and the smoke from the griddle overpowered it BUT did not set off the hardwired fire alarm! :grin:

*double layer of paper towel put in run-off chute in case of excess oil overflow - didn't happen. Paper towel waste! :grin:*

Then was supposed to let the griddle cool down to apply the second oil spread. I forgot that part and went straight to second spread (more paper towel) and scorching.

Cool down is taking longer than heating up.

I do understand now what they were talking about in my research. The rich and then dark brown are evident. However, at this point I'm thinking the griddle surface may be too badly pitted. I'm not sure that will ever glaze over.

Going for third oil spread and scorching (more oil, more paper towels).

*smart $$$ knows a great prospect - oil and paper producers! :winky:*

:volcano: *not Volcano - you're still invited ripper5! :wink:*

*Probably done for the day (night). I went to flush my wound with peroxide but couldn't find any. I know I bought several bottles back when I was growing hydro. They're somewhere. They're not here! :roflmao:*

WHAB
Attachments
Reseason Griddle 0001 01232021.png
Reseason Griddle 0002 01232021.png
Reseason Griddle 0003 01232021.png
Reseason Griddle 0004 01232021.png
Reseason Griddle 0005 01232021.png

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Well, this wasn't supposed to happen.

I went to relight the griddle. Right now I have to bend down (a move my back absolutely hates doing) and look in through the front of the range to ensure it is in fact lighting.

As I'm pushing the Piezo Igniter I see the pilot is lit. It's lit under the frame of the range where I pushed it out of the way so I could mount the Piezo Igniter Upgrade 2.0.

Hmmm. Gonna have to check this out better.

When I had the oven pilot running I noticed it kept the oven temperature at about 100F. I have a NutriChef remote bluetoothed temperature probe unit. 2 probes. I was keeping 1 in there full time. I sort of liked not seeing the oven that hot and of not burning a pilot 24 hours a day on propane I'm paying for. Now that one is lit. I'm going to try the other topside pilots. I had an idea they 'might' be dirty. After literal hours of messing with them and lit the topside burners with a BBQ (long-nosed lighter). I will clean all three 'mushroom' pilots and after I get them working I'll shut them off. I don't want to keep 4 propane burning pilots going 24 hours a day. Especially in the Summer. I don't have air conditioning here yet (besides the portable unit advertised as capable of cooling a 500sf space I bought for the last place I lived in (a room I mostly built inside a metal building)).

Edit: I was able to close the pilot valve on the topside gas supply manifold. Likely more of that regards the other 2 topside pilots. I will get them working first, then close the valves (see above for reasons :wink:).

:confused: :grin: .
WHAB
Attachments
NutriChef.png
Reseason Griddle 0006 01232021.png

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I went for 4th oil spread and scorch. Piezo Igniter did not seem to want work. I probably fried it since it is right next to and above that mushroom pilot head. I had to open the pilot valve on the gas manifold to light the pilot to light burner again. I can't even look underneath the griddle now even if I wanted to. That things gets blazing hot along with everything even near it. I tested the left side of the griddle with my hand. Good thing I was quick...the side of that thing will definitely cook flesh. Maybe I should cauterize my wound?!?! :roflmao:

I went in search of a replacement griddle (I'll have to try and cook on it to make sure my earlier assessment is a correct one); I know the model #, I know the model name, I know the part # (root and extensions) and I can't find one anywhere.

It is a model year 2004 Wolf (Vulcan, Viking) Challenger series C34S. The griddle is listed in a parts diagram I found as 00-924012-0000A griddle (that is a post manufacture part # extension). Base/Root # is likely 924012-0. IF anyone happens across one :winky:.

Good morning :wave:,
WHAB

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Try this: https://www.dvorsons.com/parts/wolf/sea ... challenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Oldjoints wrote:Try this: https://www.dvorsons.com/parts/wolf/sea ... challenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good morning, my friend!

I have tried the Dvorson's site several different ways looking for that griddle. I bought my Natural Gas to Liquid Propane conversion kit from them. I spent days with them (Jena - sales rep) trying to figure out what knob to put on the griddle valve. No luck with that. The knobs don't match what is on the range. Two different valve stem styles. I suspect that either someone changed the valve or one wing of the D-Style valve stem was broken off. They were insistent on selling me a D-Style knob and the valve stem I have I would call (for lack of another term because I can't find it called anything else) a "I" or 'Bayonet' style valve stem. I'm sure Jena got pretty frustrated with our relationship :winky:.

I don't blame them but, they don't use Wolf, Vulcan, Viking part #s. They have created their own part #s. They do this to make it more difficult to go and find the parts elsewhere using their stock #s for better prices and use their site with their part #s. I totally get it - it's sort of like they've created their own "proprietary" parts catalog for the parts you need.

For example: https://www.dvorsons.com/parts/wolf/wol ... cordID=282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Their DVOR-1465 is really a 714215-2, which is a Wolf C34S Venturi part #. They're asking $187.00 for their DVOR-1465 that I found and bought elsewhere as a 714215-2 for $40 (unusually under-priced - a second one cost me $120) using the Wolf part #.

I do appreciate the assist, OJ!

I'm getting my Cappuccino on :wink:, then hitch up my trailer and go get my gear (thumb is feeling better). Two hours one way. I'll be back later.

Make it a great day!

WHAB