Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1828 times
Received Karma : 1597 times

So a friend said, "But the Democrats are just as bad"

Post by Intrinsic »

So the best two examples of good decisions presented, are good by blunder; POTUS didn't mean them to come out that way they just did, fortuitously for the people.

Well that is a reasonable way to run the government. The same outcome a broken clock gets twice a day.
Thanks for that fact, I was unaware.

.. look at the FACTS

Dude that doesn't appear to be a logical strategy to me.
But if your hypothesis is true I'm not using logic then there must be a logical reason for you to be asking/baiting me to repost my recent 'facts only' post.

Okay if it's only logical I'll repost.

Injecting medicine Into the Dead Man 3..2..1..

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Originally posted in: The Truth About Corona Virus
by Intrinsic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:33 

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 Last updated: July 19, 2020, 15:42 GMT

United States Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Recovered:
cases.jpg
cases.jpg (144.1 KiB) Viewed 905 times
mortality.jpg
Shit!
Fact rant/

The United States still leads the world in total number of deaths and total number of current cases. Our case count has reached a new daily Standard and Rising There is no way covid-19 is getting any better in the United States. Fact: it's getting worse.

POTUS still has not re-established the United States pandemic response unit. Still gutted 5 months later into a pandemic..

Still we need ~300 million test a day. To date we have only done 50 million tests over 6 month period.
We need 40-60 times more that per day, NOT per 6 months.

Without the medical science of today. The 1918 flu pandemic considered the worst, had 675,000 death in USA. Mostly in a 3 month period.

We are one quarter the way to the worst, and that with with better science and instant communication.
Everyday we add at least 800 more deaths.. and Rising .. still nothing from our POTUS. MIA.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 936 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:But if your hypothesis is true I'm not using logic..
Yeeah...we're talking aboot your use of a garbage opinion piece. So completely riddled with falsehoods, that I'm not even sure why you would post it...other than due to TDS.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Weak sauce

Waa waa I can't defend Trump. Name-calling, that's a valid logical argument right.
Nitpicking quotes and ignoring the content is also acceptable right. If you don't like the facts ( the ones You asked for) , ignore and deflect, that's logical right.

Nup, they're all called logical fallacies.

Well fukme Paine was right

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Had to look TDS up:
PNG image.png

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Waa waa I can't defend Trump.
Any time I deride Dems, you twist that into defense of Trump...which you know is not true. So let's dispel that myth with a comparative exercise, evaluating Trump (R), Biden (D), and Sanders (I)...

Rapist...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Racist...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Corrupt...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Anti-societal...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Warmonger...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Liar...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Against M4A...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Against national collegate education...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Against college debt forgiveness...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Grade on global warming stance...Trump, F...Biden, F...Sanders, A.
Mentally deficient...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Accepts corp campaign contributions...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Tax cuts for the wealthy...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.
Disregard for rule of law...Trump, check...Biden, check...Sanders, nope.

...and let's put a rotten cherry on top of that shit sundae...

Both the McConnell (R) and Pelosi (D) households received PPP money.

It certainly seems like the Dems and Reps are equally bad...while the Ind appears to be far and away the better choice. And you know very well, that is my ideology. Yet you continue to try to paint me as a Trump supporter, when I point out facts you don't like. So which one of us is really being fallacious?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
It certainly seems like the Dems and Reps are equally bad...while the Ind appears to be far and away the better choice. And you know very well, that is my ideology. Yet you continue to try to paint me as a Trump supporter, when I point out facts you don't like. So which one of us is really being fallacious?
I hear you saying things like:
'Economically it's going to suck...no matter which clown we get.'
'It certainly seems like the Dems and Reps are equally bad...'

To use the argument when discussing the current POTUS that the Democrats are just as bad. Implies Trump is viable, In the same ballpark. That's supporting him. he is not in the same ballpark, Republican or Democrat.

In the past with a Republican in office I would agree. Democrats are just as bad, same party, different name.

Trump is not Republican.

".. Ind appears.."
Typo? Ind? Don't understand what you're saying.

the continual defense of trump & climate deniers makes me wonder what is your ideology. Anti-science???
I'm ignoring facts I don't like?? probably ya see it because I'm not engaging in your multitude of strawman arguments.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:".. Ind appears.."
Typo? Ind? Don't understand what you're saying.
Independent....Sanders.
You know full well I'm a supporter of his platform positions.

However, not every decision Trump makes is bad, nor is every problem we have his fault.
I like an honest evaluation, to be able to identify the true root of problems.
Just look at the wars...
Trump wants to start shit with Iran, getting support from both Reps and Dems...and that would be a terrible idea.
But he also wanted to get us out of Afghanistan and Syria, and caught flak from both Reps and Dems...even though that is a good idea.
I don't view him as the root of those problems, but rather the result of them.
And I don't see Biden as being the solution...as he played a role in the cause of many of the problems we have.
The last thing we need is for the problems to continue under "nothing will fundamentally change" Biden, and then the pendulum swings back in 4 years and we get Ye as our next president. Good lord, can you imagine the fukking Kardashians in the White House.

We have no good choice...a catch-22.
And I fully blame Obama for that...a Dem.
I do not recall a former president ever meddling in elections once they leave office.
If not for his actions, Sanders would have walked away with the nomination, and we would have had a good choice.
But let's just stay in the shit storm and blame the orange man. :facepalm:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 516 times
Received Karma : 1006 times

Post by Munchy »

I agree that Sanders is the best choice, but isn't he out of the running now? wouldn't a vote for Sanders just take away from Trump's only viable opposition, giving him a better chance at re-election?
:confused:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Munchy wrote:I agree that Sanders is the best choice, but isn't he out of the running now? wouldn't a vote for Sanders just take away from Trump's only viable opposition, giving him a better chance at re-election?
:confused:
You are already opperating from a predetermined assumption...that Biden is viable opposition.
Sure, at this point I think it's likely he will beat Trump...but that does not equate to opposition.
Which is more terrifying to the victim....the kindly old uncle the family loves, who rapes you...or the scary stranger, who rapes you? Either way, you're getting bent over and fuk'd. Each has different circumstances, but I would think the victim would find both situations equally terrifying.

Honestly, with what I see lies ahead, I don't see any significant difference between the two. These protests...this virus...are going to look like nothing in comparison.