Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1828 times
Received Karma : 1597 times

So a friend said, "But the Democrats are just as bad"

Post by Intrinsic »

Ian Reifowitz
2020/07/19 · 11:28

So a friend said, "But the Democrats are just as bad."

You may have seen a recent Daily Kos post from the always-on point Walter Einenkel, where a batshi*t crazy-as$ nutball—and believe me, that doesn’t come close to capturing the depths of this woman’s Trumpian madness—talked about how the teachers’ union is “grooming our children for sexual predators.” Oh, and did I mention that they are apparently doing this in a coalition with (I’ll give you three guesses) “the CDC, Planned Parenthood, and Black Lives Matter incorporated"—it was very important to mention the incorporated part.

I posted this on Facebook, with the following commentary: “This is what you get on Fox News. This is why people who believe what they see on Fox News are so extreme. This is a prime time show, and the host is on the same page with the guest….This is why America is where it is today.” Most of my Facebook friends responded positively, but one friend—who, I will note, is not a member of either party and who comes down on the liberal side of issues such as reproductive rights and the separation of church and state—essentially said, well, the Democrats are just as bad, just as extreme, etc. I decided to not let that stand.

Here’s my response:

Not even a little bit. There is no comparison and there is no ‘both sides are doing it’. There is only one side that has completely broken with reality. This is not the party of John McCain or Mitt Romney or Bob Dole. It is a cult in thrall to a madman who rejects science, truth, and democracy, not to mention our Constitution. Joe Biden is a relative moderate, and he’s the one the most committed Democrats chose to represent them. In 2016, the most committed Republicans chose Trump from a field of 17, including many highly qualified conservatives. That movement is intellectually, culturally, and spiritually bankrupt.

Additionally, Biden is a normal human being, and shows humane qualities like empathy. Trump, in terms of personal qualities, is clearly one of the worst human beings in America.

Finally, let's talk performance, and be objective here. The last two Republican presidents gave us: the most disastrous foreign policy blunder in our history (Bush invading Iraq in 2003), the most incompetent response to a natural/weather disaster in our history (Bush, Katrina—although Trump and Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico isn't much better), the worst economic crash since the Depression (Bush, 2008), and now, COVID—where we have, by far, the worst death rates in the developed world, to a large degree because our federal government played politics with our health (Trump).

These were all things that, unlike, say, 9/11, were completely within our control, and all followed Republican control of the White House and Congress. By comparison, Clinton's presidency had no major blunders to speak of, and he turned the largest deficits in history into surpluses—which his successor blew. Obama turned around the worst economic crash since the Depression—handing his successor a job-creating machine of an economy, oh, and expanded health care to millions of people. Both Democrats avoided getting into any new wars, for what it's worth. There is no way I can see avoiding the conclusion that today's Democratic party produces far better results for the American people than the Republican party does.

That was just off the top of my head. How’d I do?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7 ... n=trending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 516 times
Received Karma : 1006 times

Post by Munchy »

my wife says that all the time... and anytime I watch a video that disparages Trump she mouths up to defend him... she has also been brainwashed by Fox, but won't admit it nor believe it... it's quite disconcerting, but she is too far gone to pay any attention to any such reason, common sense or reality, as I'm sure most of Trump cult are as well. :frown: she even lies all the time now, with whatever answer is handy, instead of ever admitting any mistakes, as so many have learned from you know who.
but that's why I often watch childrens cartoons when she is around because they are more her speed lately. good thing there's like 40+ episodes of how to train your dragon on peacock.
actually most of the time just I let her watch her mindless game-shows and Hallmark Christmas movie re-runs and what-not, but avoiding the news, while she also plays mindless childish games on her phone for hours on end and pretends that all is well like her cult-leader says..
so good luck to the author if his friend is willing to even pay attention.
btw, we're supposed to be back on lockdown here, but it's quite obvious that no one really seems to give a shit, and/or they're all in denial or brainwashed mindless zombies. once they've drunk the kool-aid, their brains apparently turned to mush, and it seems to be irreversible condition, unless they catch the virus and die from it.

Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Trump has golfed a full year
And it would have been way more
Had covid not shown up

Funny how trumps fan
Were up in arms about a presidents golfing
Till he came around

So, it wasnt the golf
It was the golfing while black

And not a word about trump spending
5 hours ever morning watching tv
And posting gibberish on twitter

45 is the president who wasnt there
When the job was concerned...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 516 times
Received Karma : 1006 times

Post by Munchy »

Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 936 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Really?...this is some non-factual nonsense. Ian didn't do very well. :p

I'll just point out the economic falsehoods...
...the worst economic crash since the Depression (Bush, 2008)...

...Clinton's presidency had no major blunders to speak of, and he turned the largest deficits in history into surpluses... Obama turned around the worst economic crash since the Depression—handing his successor a job-creating machine of an economy...
At no time did Clinton ever run a surplus...our national debt increased every year he was in office.
Clinton did away with the Glass/Steagall Act, which seperated commercial and investment banking...that was the main cause of the 2008/2009 crash.
The Dodd/Frank bill passed under Obama has a provision known as the Volcker Rule, which is to seperate commercial and investment banking. It was supposed to go into effect in 2010, but it didn't. Obama spent the next 6 year pulling the teeth from the provision...and it finally went into effect this year, in it's watered down state. So all Obama did was hand Trump another economic bubble, waiting to explode.

All of this is public record...easy for anyone to verify. So why didn't Ian? :whistle:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Nitpicking. Whatever

My nitpicked would have been:

"Both Democrats avoided getting into any new wars."

Maybe true but Obama claimed those Wars as his own. expanded war-mongering.

If you're a always Trumper or think the Democrats are as bad as Trump...
Following entertainment won't be funny, and likely you'll not get the references.
But better then nitpicking. TRump is hands down worst.. unless you're Pro white power or anti-science.
First one had me rolling on the floor, knee slapping.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Nitpicking. Whatever

I stuck to my area of expertise....finance.

If you think it's nitpicking, enjoy the next decade. Economically it's going to suck...no matter which clown we get. :frown:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Im with dore on these
Even though democratic presidents
Have been head and shoulder superior to
gop's
They manage this by savaging the social side
Getting away with inhuman cuts that
Republicans would have NEVER been
Able to...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Intrinsic wrote:Nitpicking. Whatever

I stuck to my area of expertise....finance.

If you think it's nitpicking, enjoy the next decade. Economically it's going to suck...no matter which clown we get. :frown:
So I had a friend, said the Democrats were just as bad as Trump.

I try logic, I try reason, I use cartoons..
After he admitted he'd rather live under the economics of covid-45, ... which we currently have empirical evidence of, then vote for a Democrat. Which had a pandemic response Team ready to go, Which would Soften economic blow, save lives. While covid-45 actively, willfully gutted it, intentionally. With no regrets.

I don't like Biden economics but take it hands down to tRump economics of redistributing resources to himself only.

What would Thomas Paine do
Attachments
EdTwcKOXsAoOzvv.jpeg

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:I try logic, I try reason...
Logic and reason are completely absent in this bullshit you posted.
I don't like Biden economics but take it hands down to tRump economics of redistributing resources to himself only.
What exactly are Biden's economic plans?...do you even know?...because I've heard nothing but meaningless rhetoric, even in his most concise moments. The only thing of substance I've seen from his camp is that he wants to make Bloomberg head of the World Bank and Jamie Dimon the Sec. of Treasury...both of which would be horrendously bad picks.

Trump on the other hand, despite his multitude of bad decisions, made two very good economic moves...pulling us out of the TPP (which Obama got us into), and instituting tariffs on goods from China. His reasoning for doing so may be flawed, but the outcome for our working class is good.

Free yourself from the 'orange man bad' mentality and look at the FACTS...they will serve you better. :wink: