Gimme the Good Earth IV

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I'd put your ramble on hold for a year fo' sho'. The DNR has closed public state land here and the land you are trying to cross could be at any moment. At least we got our cannabis shops classed as "essential" by the guv'nor. Wise move. In South Africa, they've stopped selling alcohol and even ciggies.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 185 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by smokebreaks »

Looking at negative interest rates, cleaning out your cash might not be a bad idea but here in my area you can’t even go inside the frigging bank to get your money. Got a safe deposit box? You’re not getting to it for the foreseeable future either.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 416 times
Received Karma : 265 times

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by ben ttech »

a friend of mine last weekend got shook down by sheriffs as he was trying to go climbing
parked at a turnoff for less than 10 minutes and two cars rolled up on him
wasn't even a trailhead, err, that is one that that public would know and use

and he got the third degree before they told him recreation isn't allowed now

santa monica mountians…

id probably bring a handgun and keep it handy
and a foot long bowie and know how to swing it...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1887 times
Received Karma : 1620 times

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by Intrinsic »

I saw on local news, someone was arrested for paddle boarding at Malibu. Literally 100s of feet from anybody else.

Recreating is now probable cause!?!? Screw that.

This year PCTers, which should be about starting about now, are getting a double whammy. A heavy snow year and it's illegal.

Well no gun for me on my hikes. My ice axe is all i would need. :wink:
But then if needed what would be the point of going?

Anyway I called my bank, she said I can come in anytime during banking hours and withdraw cash.
But then things are calm here.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by rSin »

I got thrown out of a climbing forum couple years back
this cunt was spraying all about her open carry ideals and being able to stalk the crowded trails with her holsters

I said

"man, if I fucking see you im going to say a polite hello
then after walking past im going to turn back
and clock you upside the head
and while your reeling
going to take your pee shooter and chuck it as far down the hill as my Olympian can manage!"

do peace a good turn for once...

heh

why this didn't go over more well I cant imagine
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by Intrinsic »

Yeah Haysus, I know the state parks are closed in Oregon and I had been counting on those for showers and cheap camping. 8 bucks in the hike & bike spots, and a hot shower. Such a deal! Particularly since I'm thinking I need frequent showers to wash the salt crusting off, from doing the crossing at low tide.

I'll miss the showers. And a chance to fill up on drinking water. But close parks are free parks and closed visitor centers are hiker shelters.

Until the PCT or Appalachian Trail, even now, thru hiking has always been a little on the lllegal side.

But once you're in the wilderness, bureaucracy don't matter, people matter. Safety matters. Canada understood that.

Unfortunately for me the Oregon coast part is not wilderness. But the state has set it aside for the people, right of travel and camping. There is even an State of Oregon official Oregon Coast Trail, The OCT.
Which once read about, it seemed to make this trip a no-brainer.

Well it's an official trail but there's nothing really there except the few beachs and a few already existing trails in the State Parks. The user is responsible for piecing it together. Tho there has been some effort by Oregon in literature.
My kinda a trail.

How's that for rambling. if I can't go, least I can give a little insight of expectations, adjustments, and Mojo to the thread. What a failed hike looks like?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by Intrinsic »

Why?
Last time I filled in that question in with a quote from David Thoreau. Since the lockdown has the trip on ice, at best. Indulge me to ramble on.

Why?
want to get away from the lock down and whatever fukup up shit's coming. (Or miss opportunities depending upon your perspective.) You know the first 30 odd days are Mountain Wilderness. Inticing eh?
Check it out, 10 days are in Kalmiopsis, that even apparently the National Forest knows little what's going on back there Beyond Botanical research. promised up-to-date maps for years now. If it wernt for USGS topo Maps I would have little idea what's back there. Even with Google satellite.

For plant freaks the name kalmiopsis is the genus of a growing only there primitive Azalea.
Kalmiopsis is the Largest, oldest wilderness in Oregon and least visited.

Come on what are you going to do all during locked down, watch the world go to shit? You know, once I came out from a hike and learned, incredulously, that the Berlin Wall had come down, chunks were being sold a souvenirs. A Brave New World.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by rSin »

I supposed if my effects were in order and my gardens and trees would be taken care of id go for it

but that's just me, the
got little to lose mother fucker
who mostly bends the curve far enough
that
nobody will eat lunch with me...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by Intrinsic »

Yeah I get it you're weird. I Ment anybody but you, goes without saying eh.

Well I guess you gould start like a week after me. That way we wouldn't be eating lunch together. follow my steps in the snow and you'll have it easier with the postholing that I already laid down. long as you send a postcard to Seiad Valley, let me know you're behind. We'll hook up I'll get you set up with maps. maps! Oh I'll have to mail you the Maps for the marble mountains it's on the PCT to Seiad but off-season n likely buried this year.

I could use some help, Oregon Caves National Park tours likely still be closed so if we want to see the caves might be a little Bandit entrance, might require some rappelling. I,ll need a belay. An arson getting the campfire going would be welcomed.

Joke. Following my postholing a week later won't make it easier.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Gimme the Good Earth IV

Post by rSin »

id look into the local spelunking society
might be a contact that would find you that hole
or point you to something else worth sticking a flashlight down in

always bring 3 sources of light into a cave folks!