Page 1 of 1

Is this what I think it is?

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:51 pm
by Dick Fein
It has been a damp year but this is the only plant affected so far. It is just beginning to flower so sulphur is not an option. I am thinking of removing anything black and not watering it again until it shows it really needs water. Any other suggestions?

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:52 pm
by Dick Fein
This is an outdoor plant by the way.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:10 pm
by Oldjoints
Looks like black mold to me. If it is you have a pest problem also. Black mold grows on honeydew from aphids, leafhoppers, whiteflies and such so check your plants real well under the leaves for these pests. Neem oil will control both pests and mold (which I highly suggest) but if you can’t get it try mixing one teaspoon of Dawn or similar dish soap in a gallon of water. Wipe the affected area with the soap and sponge, cloth, toothbrush, whatever and get off as much as the black as you can. Then spray entire plant with the soap mixture. I would also check all your plants for pests and mold. Repeat every week or until problem is gone.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 pm
by Dick Fein
Thanks. There is a large ant nest in the yard and I am not using any pesticides so I was counting on nature to keep things in check but I do have some safers and will use it. They are just beginning to flower now so how far into flowering can you use Neem?

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 pm
by Oldjoints
Up until a few weeks before harvest so you are good to go.....

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:10 am
by Dick Fein
This one has only about 4 weeks to go so I gave it a good dousing this morning. It is Durban x God Bud and is the only one of the 6 females that had Indica structure and is far ahead in flowering.
The black mold seems to be totally gone from this one but I did do some pruning of the worst areas.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm
by Oldjoints
Glad to hear you resolved the mold problem, hope you enjoy that early pheno....

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:46 pm
by Jesús Malverde
That plant is impressively crazy early. I'm in on a little Blue Dream/Afgooie grow and those are just this past week beginning to throw out real pistils.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:10 pm
by Dick Fein
Thanks. Jordan has done a great job of aclimatimatizing these varieties for northern growers. His White Widow is a dead ringer for the original widow of the 90's but a much larger plant. Even the sativa doms should finish mid Nov. They are all well into it.
I also did a final guerilla grow this year and I have pretty much abandoned it. I can't justify the time basically for such a pathetic return, comparatively. Sick plants is the only place to show these.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 pm
by Dick Fein
I am about 2 weeks from harvesting the first 3 Gods Poison and 2 weeks since I last hit them with Neem Oil and I spotted a little PM this morning.
So I need to make a decision should I spray again?
Is 2 weeks enough time for it to break down? or should I chop it early? or just ride it out?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm
by Oldjoints
I wouldn’t spray them again that close to harvest. Neem tastes pretty bad when smoked. As far as what to do, a lot depends on how bad it is. If it’s only on a bud or two that’s one thing but if it’s throughout the plant it’s another. Use common sense but whatever the decision make sure you don’t smoke moldy bud.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:14 pm
by Dick Fein
I don't see any on bud yet and just a couple spots on the edges of fan leaves.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:19 pm
by Oldjoints
Prune out as much as you can and ride it out.... but do so causing as little damage as possible.
If your scissors get into the mold use alcohol and wipe them before cutting again.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 pm
by Dick Fein
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow morning after the dew has evaporated. It seems to be confined to the shady side of the plant and just the one so far.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:02 am
by Dick Fein
I felt like Edward Scissorhands out there this morning and I could see that the PM had spread since yesterday. It was still just on the one plant though and unless something changes I should be able to harvest as planned at the end of the month.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:30 am
by Oldjoints
If it comes back with a fury let me know and I can make sure to get you to harvest.....

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:48 pm
by Dick Fein
That is reassuring. Thanks!

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:24 pm
by Dick Fein
This morning I noticed multiple colonies on the shady side of the plant and removed those branches entirely. I have noticed a few spots on the Amnesia Haze that I just sprayed with Neem on the 15th and which I hoped would last till harvest in approx. 1 month.
Anyway I removed any fan leaves with spots throughout the garden and discovered mites on one of the other Gods Poison. I was already leery of drying it in my place for that very reason.
What is the next step you would take OJ if it continues to spread?

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:21 pm
by Oldjoints
For the PM take 11/2 cups of milk in a gallon container and fill with warm water and spray on your plants, make sure to spray the undersides also. Remove any brown leaves or severely yellow leaves. Try not to spray directly on bud if possible if no signs of mold on them. When removing leaves or anything with mold put directly in a bag. You can also put some mulch or grass trimmings if you have any around the base of the plant or on all shady area. You can also spray shaded area before applying mulch. The milk mixture will at least slow down the spreading of the PM if not stop or kill it. The mulch stops any mold that may be growing on the shady side of the plant from sending spores out.
For the spider mites spray a mix of dish soap 2-3 tablespoons to a gallon of water and spray. If you have leftover milk mixture after spraying the other plant just drop some soap in it and spray the spider mites as well.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:23 pm
by Dick Fein
1% or homo? Is evening best for this or morning?

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:32 pm
by Oldjoints
Regular milk,not anything else. You can spray early morning or evening, just not in the hot sunny part of the day. Repeat spraying every 3-5 days or so or if you see any spreading. We are just trying to get you to harvest using the most non-toxic methods for the job.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:21 pm
by Dick Fein
What happens if it gets on the bud?

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm
by Oldjoints
Nothing overly drastic, but it will slow down formation of the bud to a minor degree due to a film over them. Plus as a rule I try not to spray anything on my buds because of taste and light magnification from water droplets.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm
by Dick Fein
I will give it a try, thanks again.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:34 pm
by Oldjoints
The fact that this keeps coming back like this tells me that the mold is in that general area and since it grows in areas with little light penetration it is most likely in that shaded area. Control that and you can stop the mold from coming back.....

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 pm
by Dick Fein
There has been a lot of reports of PM coming in from area growers this month. I think the Neem oil spared me from the worst of it. I wouldn't describe anything as having come back. The black mold was taken care of just fine.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 am
by MadMoonMan
Those look sooo beautiful! l 30 to 45 days to ready :)

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm
by Dick Fein
I sprayed 2 of them this morning and then went out to my supplier and he showed me this stuff that has been approved by Health Canada for use on pot. I picked some up but I would rather not use it if the milk works. http://www.bayeradvanced.ca/products/natria/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:26 pm
by Dick Fein
I checked the two I sprayed with milk this morning and found no new mildew on those. I did see some on the untreated plants so I tried the Natria and immediately smelled Apple Cider Vinegar which is in it along with isoproyl alcohol and some type of competing fungus that likes mildew and they say it can be used once per week up to day of harvest. Whatever works.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:51 pm
by Oldjoints
Dick Fein wrote:Whatever works.
That’s the ticket bro..... whatever works!

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:40 pm
by Roots
Growing up against walls or under trees is a good way to create an environment that PM likes.

A lot of people keep watering their plants just like they did a month or two ago when it was hotter and the plants needed more water. Let the plants tell you when they need water, don’t water on schedule the last 30days of flower.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 pm
by MadMoonMan
Im in full support of Neem Oil. Been testing it for years. What my highly scientifically study has proved its that.

This one no Neem oil

BAD BLACK BUD ROT IN COOL RAINY WEATHER

This one Neem oil

No ... when used properly

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 pm
by MadMoonMan
You have to innoculate you plants with it peferably a couple weeks before hand. If you miss it and cold rainy weather sneaks up on your dumb "duh wuhts a "wether channel" agin?

Spray on heavily as soon as rain stops and the spray can sit on the plants for a while.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 pm
by MadMoonMan
The reason for the innoculation is because neem oil...... African Pine Tree Oil (cough Christmas tree sap*) needs to be absorbed into the plant itself. Its systemic meaning ..... system wide..

So when that bud starts to bloom and keeps a little too much water and that black bitch starts to destroy all your shit the plants "innoculation" says.....

"No way bitch! Cut my legs off and call me shorty!"

So thats the sciency explanation.

This one Yes?

*I don't know this for a fact because I've never been there nor want to be but I'm thinking if I was lost in Africa then I ran across a Neem tree and I could get sap off of it I try rubbing it on my naked body so as to ward of insects and big angry bugs. "

I guess if one was naked and lost in the angry African forest.. uh I mean jungle then um.. uh.. you would most want to try and proctect your un protected penis.

I certainly and again not that I have ever been there or wish to.

It would be so horrifying to be running through the jungle the lions chasing you and the spiders nipping at your feet!

The from leaves whipping at your exposing penis.... slices like an office envelope cutting your lip as you lick it.

ouch.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:41 pm
by Dick Fein
Thanks for your input. My blue jay was back under the plant just the other day but I will not be using any more of that on these plants.
The first 3 are in and I went over them very carefully removing anything slightly tainted and lost very little really. Under a half ounce of bud with obvious rot.
I saw a trace of PM on one of the remaining plants yesterday and hit it with the Natria.
These 3 were never advertised as suitable for this latitude but they might make it.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 am
by Jesús Malverde
I'm helping out on an outdoor medical grow and It's looking like they won't be properly finished until around Haloween. I'm used to this.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 am
by bentech
I hear the warm winter gave everyone outdoors a better year around here

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 am
by Dick Fein
Jesús Malverde wrote:I'm helping out on an outdoor medical grow and It's looking like they won't be properly finished until around Haloween. I'm used to this.
I have to wait until after the 17th or I will be way over my allowed limit. I wouldn't have worried except that I just sent in my renewal to Health Canada.
My best Gods Poison came in at 502 grams dry and the other 2 combined were 500. The next 3 should each be in that area.
It has been a great year.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:26 pm
by Dick Fein
We have a forecast of wet flurries for saturday and it is close at the bottom of the plant but the top of the plant seems to be lagging. I have been cutting off bad spots all week and it is very stressful.