Page 1 of 1

Newbie because at my age I don't have a hook up lol

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:32 pm
by ripper5
1st try. Using Bloke's method hopefully..these photos are my initial results in less than a week since inoculation.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pm
by ripper5
This is actually my second attempt. The first was a complete disaster.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 pm
by bentech
nice to see ya ripper!

whats else is new???

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:17 pm
by ripper5
Cheers Ben!
Been lurking around here as per usual. I'm excited that things are going better with my 2nd attempt @ mycelium growing. Hopefully have some long overdue trips to try in about a month, give or take. Also I've got 4 girls in window veg so I can start budding them first thing this Autumn. :volcano:

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:14 pm
by Dick Fein
Right on! I just started 2 different varieties from THC downtown Toronto and have noticed some growth. Not to knock this place but I joined another forum specifically for shrooms and it has been quite informative.https://www.shroomery.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:16 am
by ripper5
Koh Samui Super Strain...

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 am
by ripper5
Thanks for the heads up Dick! Yeah, I've been lurking & learning over there but have yet to join. So far so good, I'm coming down the final stretch for hopefully my 1st successful shroomery.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:22 am
by ripper5
:tup: Just dunked & rolled and placed in the sgfc tonight

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:53 pm
by ripper5
The cakes smelled of earthy mushrooms..
.a good sign.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Good luck, we just pick the wild Psilocybe semilanceatas when they pop up between the fall rains and the first hard frost. They dehydrate and keep excellent until the next year. I've actually taken ones two or three years old dried and put in vacuum seal bags and they still seem to work. Good head food, psilocybin is.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:17 pm
by bentech
my next hero's dose is in the works...

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:36 pm
by ripper5
Well, I was getting discouraged @1 week in the fruiting chamber and nothing to tell. Happy to report @ day 10 the first pins! :volcano:

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 pm
by Butcher Bob
bentech wrote:my next hero's dose is in the works...
Aboot to try my first. Closest I've been is 3 drops of liquid LSD. So I recently got a quarter of 'shrooms...did a gm to test them...waiting for the right opportunity to do the remaining 6. :)

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:11 pm
by MadMoonMan
I've been thinking about magic mushrooms lately.

I finally decided on tea my last time journeying.

My journey at that time said it had nothing else it could teach me.

Lately, I hear it calling me.

To journey again down the Mycelium road.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:48 am
by ripper5
It's been over 10 years for me, except for the one bad batch that didn't work.
Now more pins are starting to show. There is just the four cakes.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:57 pm
by bentech
nice work ripper!
you too bob...

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:18 pm
by bentech
last season I saw a lot of mushroom around here
so this year I decided to take a class and have ended up in the local 'society'

heh,
after a year in this conservative hellhole Ive finally found some good people!

saw this guys lecture the other night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... HdTg4IgHto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these guys are very scientist types
im signed up for the microscope class

and by 'guy' I meant members
their up to 70 and 2/3rd's are women

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 am
by Butcher Bob
I haven't done any actual 'work'...I'm just curious aboot the idea of a reset of the brain from a hero's dose, because I've seen a fair amount of discussion of beneficial results.

Ripper's project is most interesting. It is making me wonder if I should give it a try myself. Over 30 years ago a friend & I tried, but we had zero knowledge of what we were doing. We put some commercially sold 'manure' in a mason jar and added some spores from a print. Some very tiny pins started, but quickly died off.:p Which leads me to a question...

If I get ahold of a particularly good batch, can I simply save a cap in the freezer for the spores? :dunno:

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:50 pm
by zendhaya
what you've done ripper is I've completely done before ripper. I started to grow last 2 years ago and I was discourage but I dont wanna lose hope so I always doing researches, asking advises, tips or personal experience to do so. I read an article http://kylekushman.com/topic/best-soil-for-indoor-grow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about growing. this can help you grow.

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 pm
by ripper5
Ok so far 3 of the 4 are showing pins.
This is the 2nd to show but 1st in progress...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:57 pm
by ripper5
Still got one and a half syringes..half a syringe of this stuff...and a full Cambodian?

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:23 am
by ripper5
I think I can easily fit 14 cakes in this shotgunfruitingchamber ...soon as I don't have to work for the man all day... :toker1:

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 am
by ripper5
KIMG0051.JPG
@ 15 days in the sgfc
Two are going to town, one is a little slower, and the 4th is just starting to pin.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:12 pm
by ripper5
Had to pick a few as he veils had broken. :gadday:

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 pm
by bentech
their beginning to explode!

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:47 pm
by ripper5
Was thinking "I'll be tripping next weekend" .then..no, now!
Lol
Might not be a large dose but according to the reviews it should be exciting!" Gotta work in the morning ..gives me twelve hours. :emp:

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:59 pm
by Lrus007
nice job ripper

to bob's question. you would take a cap and set
on a clean piece of paper. cover with a water glass
overnight. next day you have a spore print on the paper.
keep that dry and in dark and will last years.
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:37 am
by bentech
so,
what did the evermind have to say this time?

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:07 pm
by Butcher Bob
Lrus007 wrote:to bob's question. you would take a cap and set
on a clean piece of paper. cover with a water glass
overnight. next day you have a spore print on the paper.
keep that dry and in dark and will last years.
Lrus007
I assume that would be for a fresh cap....would that work for a dried cap as well?

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:51 pm
by Lrus007
no need a fresh mushroom for a spore print.
Lrus007

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:27 am
by Butcher Bob
Gotcha, thanks Lrus007. :)

....but can a dried cap that's been frozen still be used for spores? I ask because I usually get 7 gm at a time and do 1 gm to test. So I'd like to know that if I test and find them to be especially good, can I save a cap from the remaining to use for a grow?...or would the drying or freezing render them inert?

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:41 pm
by ripper5
Just guessing, but wouldn't it matter first off, whether the veil remained intact during the drying & freezing?
Possible viable spores if intact veil...not so much if it opened at any time?

So I ate the picked shrooms pictured above, plus another 2 small handfuls (one with the pictured amount, and one a few hours later)...and it turned out to be enjoyable, but not as intense as I was hoping. I need a scale so I can measure the doses, going forward.

The cakes turned very blue from all the fruit picking. So now they're being dunked again, in preparation for the next flush.
I rinsed them off and submerged them into separate jars of spring water, with a ball of aluminum foil at the top to hold them under as the lids are closed. :volcano:

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:47 pm
by bentech
heard of 'blue juice' ?

apparently you can do an extraction from fresh mushrooms with cold water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0KA4YWCpU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:26 am
by Lrus007
Butcher Bob wrote:
....but can a dried cap that's been frozen still be used for spores? I ask because I usually get 7 gm at a time and do 1 gm to test. So I'd like to know that if I test and find them to be especially good, can I save a cap from the remaining to use for a grow?...or would the drying or freezing render them inert?
maybe but not many. they kind of drop all there spores at the same time.
i am sure it is not to hard to buy a spore print.
drying or freezing would not kill the spores i don't think.
but you can try. take a cap and spray lightly with water.
then same, put onto a clean piece of paper gills down and set a glass over
it overnight. you might get a light print from it. is worth a try.

sorry to hijack your thread ripper i wish you a large harvest.
Lrus007

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:05 am
by Butcher Bob
Thanks guys :) ...tells me it's probably worth trying if I run across some that are particularly good.

Ripper, have you done, or are you planning on doing, a hero's dose? ...just curious.

Seems patience and meticulousness are key ingredients to growing them. :p

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:50 am
by Oldjoints
I have ordered spore prints from here: http://sporeworks.com/Psilocybe-cubensis-Spore-Prints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and always recieved what I ordered and the quality was always good.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 pm
by ripper5
Ben I've never seen that before. I'll have to have a look.
Lrus you're not highjacking, you're contributing.
Bob I do intend to try a heroic dose.
I've been close to that before but it was maybe 20 years ago. Scored an eighth or so at the Further Fest parking lot. Started tripping balls just before I got to the entrance gates. Soon as I got in I made a right turn towards the concessions, where I managed to purchase a big tall beer, and then found a nice little table to sit at. So all I could manage to do was to sit there for about 2 hours or so, just watching all the concert goers pouring in through the gates.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 am
by bentech
Terence Mckenna - Our True Reality Is In Our Minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYaq9eICdo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

at least get to minute 6
he answers a question I knew the answer to...

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:17 pm
by bentech
whoms technique are you guys using with your syringes?

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:07 pm
by ripper5
Since I still have 1.5 syringes, I haven't addressed that yet. I plan to start making prints on the next go around.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:23 pm
by ripper5
Just a little update...so the cake that didn't pin before, pinned late, without a dunk. The one behind it was pinning as I brought it out of the dunk

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 pm
by bentech
water boils at 195'f here

will this be a problem in sterilizing jars?

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm
by ripper5
Take what I tell you with a grain of salt because as I said I'm quite new at this myself but I would guess that the best thing to do would be to use a pressure cooker and then follow the directions basically you're probably going to extend the amount of time that you use to cook down and sterilize them the pressure cooker that I use is a bit small and will only hold seven jars comfortably so the directions talk about 12 pounds per square inch whereas in mushrooms they say 15 lb so what I do is I just double the cooking time in the pressure cooker from one hour to two hour and it seems to have worked pretty well

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 pm
by ripper5
Just another pic

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:55 am
by bentech
thanks ripper!

say, the first 15 minutes of this are REALLY worth listening to,
the rest may be as well but I havnt gotten to it yet

:D

oh and FUCK rogan
almost got me...

Terence Mckenna Life Beyond The Grave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3zafvPSRqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:05 am
by bentech
jesus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 pm \

You have to split the mushroom open the stem is easier) in your glove box and use sterilized (i heat them the same way you do the needle of a syringe before you inject spores) tweezers to pull a small piece from the inside...where there arent bacteria or mold. Take all the same precautions you do for grain2grain transfer. I would have cloned them on the first flush but I didnt have rye ready. Now I have rye ready and no mushies yet. I also fruit in my glove box. lol
I let the PE go extra long this time and got tons of spores, not printed, just all over the 10 quart tub. I started with EQ but PE is just better.
PE gave me 18.5 grams dry. Last time I cloned the flush looked a lot more like yours.
In the winter I get really depressed here. There is hardly any sun.

jesus

Re: how many
by jesus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:35 pm
ps...I have petri dishes and agar and have done it that way too. It just easier to rip a piece of stem out and drop it into a jar for me.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7780&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

although its hard to say this thread reads alot better
its still pretty damn funny

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:15 am
by bentech
definitely get to 33 minutes

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:37 am
by bentech

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:09 am
by Butcher Bob
Butcher Bob wrote:Ripper's project is most interesting. It is making me wonder if I should give it a try myself.
An interesting turn of events...

Instead of doing the hero dose, I decided to share with my brother a few weeks ago. He hadn't done 'shrooms for almost 30 years. :whistle: He got hooked...asked me if I could get more...asked his boy to get some (college, ya know)...then asked if I could grow some...then got impatient and ordered a grow kit and syringes. So, we now have 18 jars inoculating: 5 Golden Teacher, 4 B+, 5 Mexican, and 4 Hawaiian.

Which brings me to another point...
Dick Fein wrote:I just started 2 different varieties...
ripper5 wrote:Koh Samui Super Strain...
ripper5 wrote:...and a full Cambodian
We tripped again this weekend...my nephew found some. But these were a very different type of buzz. Both had a similar body feel, but the mental buzz was different. Mine had been light, uplifting, giggly...while his were heavy, tiring, melencholy. I had only considered different strains to be different potency...hadn't even given a thought that the type of buzz could be different.
So...what's good?...what's not? :dunno:

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:23 pm
by bentech
that Hawaiian seeds guy who posted that long story about the history there mentioned psycadelics a lot

got me interested in sorting out the different strains better now that I know theres one I don't particularly like

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:06 pm
by ripper5
Butcher Bob wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:Ripper's project is most interesting. It is making me wonder if I should give it a try myself.
An interesting turn of events...

Instead of doing the hero dose, I decided to share with my brother a few weeks ago. He hadn't done 'shrooms for almost 30 years. :whistle: He got hooked...asked me if I could get more...asked his boy to get some (college, ya know)...then asked if I could grow some...then got impatient and ordered a grow kit and syringes. So, we now have 18 jars inoculating: 5 Golden Teacher, 4 B+, 5 Mexican, and 4 Hawaiian.

Which brings me to another point...
Dick Fein wrote:I just started 2 different varieties...
ripper5 wrote:Koh Samui Super Strain...
ripper5 wrote:...and a full Cambodian
We tripped again this weekend...my nephew found some. But these were a very different type of buzz. Both had a similar body feel, but the mental buzz was different. Mine had been light, uplifting, giggly...while his were heavy, tiring, melencholy. I had only considered different strains to be different potency...hadn't even given a thought that the type of buzz could be different.
So...what's good?...what's not? :dunno:
Out of 12 jars I inoculated with the Cambodian, only one of them was successful and I tripped off for those just last weekend. Not a hero's dose either just the regular size couple of grams dose and don't know, I need to do it again in order to to really notice a difference. In my limited experience so far it seems as though that what they're saying on the shroomery sites and that it is accurate and that is that each flush and each mushroom can have different potency. Sounds like you guys have quite a variety to check out please do fill us in on what turns out to be your favorites and the differences as I'm curious myself. Mostly just tripping off of the Thai Suri super strain and I would say that it doesn't seem to be any more potent than shrooms I would get back in the day off of the street but it does seem to pin okay. I wouldn't even say that's that I'm doing great with that but just good enough. I wish you all the luck in the world. I'll be interested to hear about how it turns out

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:17 pm
by ripper5
The Cambodian jars all were contaminated somehow, except for one. Even that one had a dark spot that the Mycelium grew around and then over.
So, since it was starting to pin inside the jar, I moved it to a slightly larger jar, to keep it separated from the others in the fruiting chamber.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:00 pm
by deran
copelandia cyanescens FTW

;)

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:32 pm
by Butcher Bob
We dunked 'n' rolled 6 jars last weekend. I was surprised at how solid the cakes were. Still have 12 more that weren't finished filling out yet...bro is probly going to roll 'em this coming weekend whether they're completed filling out or not. Goal is to be tripping by the weekend after Thanksgiving. Can't wait to start testing the differences between strains. I keep having to pull the reigns on my bro...he is already looking to order the supplies for the next batch, a bed grow of Penis Envy.:p

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 pm
by bentech
everyone still in jars?
the guys talking about moving into bags as much more productive but he gets sidetracked and doesn't explain the deal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GFxaiDFluc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:50 pm
by Butcher Bob
We're going to try those next batch. All the differences he is alluding to can be eliminated by ordering the jars ready to go...which is what we did. Evidently he is still using flour in his bags. The ones my brother is looking at are whole grain....apparently they break up easier once spawned.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 pm
by ripper5
Maybe some day I'll venture past the jars. This way is working fine plus it's cheap, simple, easy & fun! A
Just like the way I grow my ganja! Streamlined & simple!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 pm
by Butcher Bob
Mycelium is going bonkers on one cake...
FirstFruit.jpg

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am
by ripper5
So far, seems I get maybe a decent dose per cake, per flush, first couple of flushes.
These are of the one Cambodian.
The light is from my oldest very first grow light. A 70w hps security light I bought at Lowes. It still works like a charm 16 years later.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:51 am
by ripper5
Bob, you should start seeing some pins soon. Mist and fan. Mist and fan. Little bit o light blast! So long as they start pinning by roughly four days or so, before Thanksgiving, you'll be good to go.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm
by Butcher Bob
I'm just a casual observer for this...bro's got it. He was worried aboot the amount of growth on the one cake yesterday, so he sent me the pic. He's never grown anything, so he's checking with me aboot stuff all the time.:p I figured 7-14 days to start pinning, and another 7-10 to grow....sound close?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 pm
by ripper5
Oh ok. Yes that sounds about right. Getting ready to chomp some in a bit here. I use fresh lemon to chase em!

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 pm
by deran
i found the penis envy to be more body-ish than cerebral, a lot of body load ... you are waiting for your bio reactor (your body) to transform that known body load into a blissful mind trip, which never happend with the PE to me

but tbh, im the wrong person for mushies, as i was a major acid head long before i tried mushies , of all maybe dozen strains only the cope was acid like to me, but i didnt tried the lemon juice tek, as i didnt know it back then

today i would do the lemon tek with some harmala to make myself some psilohuasca

actually i switched gears , changa is next on my list or some bufo slime, if i can find a source for it, contacting those damn ailens who interact on another level with us, like the shamans said "the ghosts will teach you"

hehe

anyways, kudos to all you mushie growers, big respect to you, thats really something extra ordinary, im sure i couldnt master that as im more of a messie than a sterile type lol

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:24 pm
by ripper5
Yes the Super Strain seems to be more bodily too.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 pm
by Butcher Bob
Good news.....Bad news

:frown: Bad news is....contamination...
Bad1.jpg
Bad1.jpg (75.21 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Bad2.jpg
Bad3.jpg
...3 out of 6 jars in the first batch to be fruited.

Bro was freaking out and depressed. He was entertaining the idea of trying to cut off the visibly affected portion and try to salvage the rest of the cake...I told him to just throw them out. Lost a Golden Teacher, B+, and Amazonian. He's still got another 12 jars inoculating, so I think we have plenty of room to spare for error.:p

:) Good news is......pinning....
Good1.jpg
Good2.jpg
:woohoo:

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:34 pm
by ripper5
Oh hell yeah! Massive #s of pins! Shit, they'll be ready in a couple days. :emp: :laugh:

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:49 pm
by Lrus007
my fave were liberty caps. more of a head and lot of
colors tracers ect. sadly they are not easy to home grow.
around here most places with old beauty bark have blue ringers growing.
i keep forgetting to buy some one day and dump in corner of yard.
they would show up in a year or two. faster if i seeded it with a shovel
full of bark where there growing.
in HS i found the monster patch took friend and i 3 days to pick them all.
ended up with two big black garbage bags full. he put them in a chest
freezer. every 2-3 days we enjoyed them for months.
he was the master of the mushroom milkshake. chocolate milkshake
you could not taste them at all. funny he would invite girls over.
then we would smoke out. he would say anyone want a milkshake
everyone had cotton mouth so would say yes. hour later we were flying.
next day girls would say how funny we were and not know about the
mushrooms. fun times of my youth.
Lrus007

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 pm
by ripper5
Damn. That's a lot of shrooms. Ive been wondering what the downtime minimum is? I read where a week and even 2 weeks was necessary but that doesn't jive with my experiences with acid back in the day. Like you say only 2 or 3 days was all that it took (You could also just double the hitz) Smoke is a must. Music too.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 pm
by Lrus007
ok we after taking every day we found that we would not get as high.
so we found 2 days min but 3 days apart would fry hard.
Lrus007

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm
by bentech
part of the deal was sitting through some "counciling" locally...
heh

eventually when your neutral the councilers will start talking their own story and I heard about a child that was an accomplished professional who was pursuing micro-dosing and was keeping the parents at arms length as to avoid 'evil'

I didn't ask...

but as It was quickly apparent theyd never even looked the term up I fill them in as to how encouraged it was at places the employers were after their workers best work

personally I guess I might be interested but still and for now for me its heavy hits
speaking of going long

everyones farmiliar with Kilindi Iyi???

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 pm
by Lrus007
yes we all had nice sound systems.
and nice turntables also.
i still have my sansui 9090 hooked to four speakerlab super 7's.
dark side of the moon still sounds great lol
Lrus007

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote: Ive been wondering what the downtime minimum is? I read where a week and even 2 weeks was necessary but that doesn't jive with my experiences with acid back in the day. Like you say only 2 or 3 days was all that it took
In my personal experience, 1 day seemed like a 50% drop in potency...3 days, 25%...1 week, 10%..2 weeks, back to full. But I think there are a lot of factors that could alter that one way or the other. And those figures are very generalized.

Something we've done on the last two trips that seemed to have a positive effect, was to, at the point you crest the peak and notice you're on the downward slope, take another 50% of what you took initially...a bump so to speak. Instead of a long steady decline, the road became a bit more bumpy...like a roller coaster. :grin:

Looks like we're good to go for Thanksgiving...a B+ finished up...
Bplus1.jpg
Bplus2.jpg
Bplus3.jpg
:woohoo:

Is 44 gm wet in an acceptable range for one cake? :dunno:
I don't have the slightest clue what to expect for yields.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 am
by bentech
lots less literature on that line of the subject but I think its because the legal consequences have been so extreme
the kid in the video I mentioned put a number on the increase you get moving from jars to bags

from what ive gather its a crap shoot for a good while and anyone whos got it down doesn't talk much...

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:45 am
by Butcher Bob
bentech wrote:from what ive gather its a crap shoot for a good while and anyone whos got it down doesn't talk much...
Yeah I kind of gathered that the variance from cake to cake could be a wide range.

This shit ain't making it out of the family....'cause we're a bunch of greedy little fuks. :grin:
Bro and I both want to explore some medical applications, both at the micro and god dose level.
Plus we want to test the various strains....have a lot of fun along the way.
And other family members coming along for rides.
I sometimes wonder if we'll be able to keep up with our own consumption. :dunno:

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 am
by Jesús Malverde
Share what you find out, it's interesting.

And I still don't get how fungi that naturally grow in dung-filled pasture are so sensitive to "contamination". You'd think nothing would survive in the wild and its contamination *everywhere*.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 am
by Oldjoints
Jesús Malverde wrote:Share what you find out, it's interesting.

And I still don't get how fungi that naturally grow in dung-filled pasture are so sensitive to "contamination". You'd think nothing would survive in the wild and its contamination *everywhere*.
When I was growing mushies I asked the same question. What I was told was that what you are sterilizing against is mainly bacteria, and to not think of sterilization like in an operating room but as a medium free of bacteria that will attack the mycelium.
I was told that most dung is actually fairly free of bad bacteria due to the process of digestion and the acids in that process.
Whether this is true or not I don’t know but at least made sense to me at the time.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:41 am
by ripper5
I'd say you have a good yield there Bob. That one cake should be about 4.5 grams dry. About a gram shy of a Hero's Dose, or 2 mild/average doses.
Seems that during inoculation is really the only time that the mycelium is extra sensitive to contaminates. Once it's fully colonized, it can withstand more. My contaminated jars all spoiled before full consolidation.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:16 pm
by Butcher Bob
I would agree with both those posts^^^
...and add that some molds aren't removed because they are a danger to the mushrooms, they are removed because they are dangerous to work around.

I thought it looked like a pretty good bloom...just wasn't sure aboot the weight. Now I'm wondering if we'll have enough. Bro and I for sure...trying to convince sis-in-law to join us...nephew is already begging... and niece's BF could get included as well....plus there's an old family friend that bro needs to make up to, where the gift of trip may just be what the doctor ordered.:p

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:32 pm
by Oldjoints
So you will go from doing a hero’s dose to actually being one.... :gadday:

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:15 pm
by Butcher Bob
When I had those 6 gm, I wanted so bad to do them all in a hero dose. It was very hard to make the decision to share them with my bro instead. It really was Ripper's thread that tipped the scale...gave me hope that I could grow more on my own.:) Now things have worked out better than I could have ever expected. So I can't help but to want to spread the joy.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Joy is meaningless if you can't share it.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:06 pm
by Butcher Bob
Bro gathered the other two cakes last night.
One of the Teachers tipped the cake over...:p...
Teacher.jpg
I think he said that one alone was 22 gm wet. :)

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 pm
by smokebreaks
I’m coming to your place for thanksgiving Bob

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:00 am
by Lrus007
no better way to speak to god.
bible.jpg
i could use a night of giggles
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:05 pm
by Butcher Bob
We inoculated 18 jars at the same time. Because they were finishing up at different rates, we put them to bloom in three different batches, one week from batch to batch. The first batch we dunked all 6 cakes in one tub...and three ended up becoming contaminated in bloom. In the next batches we dunked each cake in it's own zip-lock, and we've not had any further contamination.

In the second batch, a Golden Teacher had a couple pins almost immediately that quickly grew massive, tipping the cake over like in the first batch...
Update1.jpg
After the 2nd dunk for the first batch, pinning is going pretty good...
Update2.jpg
The last batch was dunked & rolled this weekend. One of the cakes got a little impatient...
Update3.jpg
Update3.jpg (62.84 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
Things seem to be going pretty well. :)

We are doing a little experimenting with the blooming. The first two batches are being done in tubs with air pumps, and the 3rd batch is being done in a shotgun tub. I initially leaned toward the shotgun style, bro leaned toward the air pumps...so we decided to test how they compare.

Bro was also toying with the idea of doing a bed grow for the next crop. But I think he has settled on reducing the scale to meatloaf sized pan beds in the traditional bloom chamber.

I'm headed over after Thanksgiving to check in on everything...and then we're going to the lake house to do some testing. :tup:

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 pm
by bentech
about those ziplocks
did you flush them with something to sterilize before using to dunk as you did?

Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:46 am
by Butcher Bob
I am not sure...I will ask next time I talk to bro. I do know he was cleaning them after the dunk because he was complaining aboot bag failure due to the manipulation of the bag in trying to clean it.

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:16 pm
by bentech
had stamet running in the background and hes said you should boil all your cubensis for a couple minutes before consuming?!?!!?

hadn't heard that before...

28 minute mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-pVUwruw68" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:50 pm
by ripper5
Interested to learn your results Bob. Tried making tea for the 1st time the other day. Chopped up 2.5 gms (roughly) simmered in water for 15 minutes.
Added a tea bag for the last 5 minutes. Couldn't taste the schroomry.
Happy Turkey Day!

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:15 pm
by ripper5
Purple micro dot.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 pm
by Butcher Bob
What a lovely holiday. :)

Got a look at the set up...bro got a dehydrator.:p

Seems the 1st batch is performing the best, and the 3rd the worst. So we are assuming vigor relates to output.

Bro is having a difficult time maintaining humidity in the shotgun chamber. The air pump chambers pretty much stay around 95%, whereas the shotgun chamber is around 80%. He's started moving cakes from the 3rd batch out of the shotgun and into the 1st chamber.

The ziplocs were used straight from the box. Reasoning...they better be fukking sterile seeing as they are sold to put food in.

I'd heard him mention boiling to remove toxins before...referring to specific strains. Seems like you would be removing some of what you're trying to preserve though. :dunno:

No trip to the lake house, but we did some testing anyways. Tried the Golden Teacher. Aboot average for what I expect from decent 'shrooms, and very comfortable feeling.:)

Ripper, you freeze them?...or store in a pantry environment?

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 am
by ripper5
So far, I've jarred them with some silica, and kept em in the fridge. I dry them by placing them in front of a regular old box fan, usually for a couple of days.
Going to read up on freezing and/or long term storage.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:02 am
by ripper5
I notice with the shotgun chamber, you have to occasionally pour water into the perlite in order to keep it hydrated enough. It's such a nice little simple effective setup. If it's working correctly, it's constantly breathing moisture out through all the above perlite drilled holes. Misting and fanning isn't absolutely necessary, it seems to supercharge the system though.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:28 am
by bentech
i read that your fruiting volume really picks up as your system gets to and remains at 90% humidity

you fellas aint got around to automating that yet?

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:I notice with the shotgun chamber, you have to occasionally pour water into the perlite in order to keep it hydrated enough.
Yeah, I was under the impression that a little water in the perlite would maintain the humidity, but bro says that the holes need to be in the bottom as well to promote airflow and that water should not be left in the perlite as it's a breeding ground for contaminants. I have not seen anything indicating that before. :dunno:

bentech wrote:...90% humidity
I thought ideal level is 95%...
...anyways, the air pump set up is pretty good at maintaining a proper level.

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm
by bentech
got a link to an 'air pump chamber' design?
ive been meaning to mess around with edibles for a long time so im gonna go bigger than the shotgun setup and automated it

id figured there were more dedicated products for this

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:24 pm
by Butcher Bob
Another contaminated cake goes bad after the 3rd dunk...
BAD.jpg

bentech wrote:got a link to an 'air pump chamber' design?
Air pump is on a 15 minute on/off cycle. Pumps air to bottom of Mason jar...bubbles up through the water in the ceramic pellets, through the fiber section, and out a second tube on top, to the tub. Tubing goes in one side of the tub...air exhausts out holes in the opposite side of the tub. Provides air exchange and humidity.
AirPump.jpg

Bro's abandoned the shotgun tub completely now, and the cakes have started taking off since they've been moved to the air pump chambers.

The first batch of cakes are on their 4th dunk now. Two of the three appear to have enough pins to be worthwhile.

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:02 am
by bentech
now that ive seen!
some guys drop an aquarium heater in the water to massage their systems temperature

its easy to start watching videos of guys growing edibles in garage and up sized spaces full of racks of bags of grain with mushrooms coming out holes they cut in them

are they really cutting those bags off and then soaking those blocks for second and third flushes??!??

ive yet to see any fruiting mass over the jar size thats not still in a bag...

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:06 pm
by ripper5
Used my weed grinder to devastating effect of potent tea!

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:11 pm
by Butcher Bob
Okay, that leads to some questions.

When I dose, I just take the mushrooms like a wad of chew...cram them all between my cheek and gum. Occasionally giving it a chew and moving it around the jaw and under the tongue...trying to let it absorb like a tincture. Eventually swallowing what remains after aboot 30 minutes. All the while drinking a pint of OJ.

What are other folks' opinions of 'chewin' vs eating?

I've heard of the tea, but have never known anyone to take it that way. My understanding of traditional tea making is that the tea is steeped for a period of time, the mushrooms are then strained out and tossed, and you drink the tea.

Is that correct?

And now you're grinding it to boot.

Are you just mixing it with the water and drinking it?...or are you tea-bagging it?

My brother is interested in micro-dosing. Initially he is thinking grinding to a powder and putting .1-.2 gm per caplet...maybe add a half tablet of vitamin C ground to powder and mixed in.

What are folks' thoughts aboot that?

Only been 10 days and I'm ready to go again.:p We still have 3 strains to test, and we're trying to keep the environment as similar as possible each time. With all the holiday shit going on, it might not be until X-mas for the next test. I'm hoping one is a front runner in potency, 'cause I want a hero dose that scares me. :grin:

For anyone that's done a hero's dose, how much did you do?...and what environment did you do it in?

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:16 am
by bentech
'chewing' sounds worse than just eating them
which I really didn't think was distasteful

I was given an ounce and decided to take half so I dumped em all out lined em up shape and sizewise and divided them in half like I would a bag of weed

the environment was alone and housesitting a property whos guesthouse I was living in while the kitchen got some new cabinets and tile

alone is good

best to have the place cleaned up
projects out of site

anything that reminds you of something you've been meaning to do sees to irritate

oh and take a shower right before and empty the garbage cans

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 am
by Lrus007
bob
just eat no need to chew like a cud.. just chew and swallow.
tea is simmered then strained. yes you throw away what you made tea from.
is a ok way to do them. you get plenty high.
i do not remember what hero dose was but a lot.
best place is a happy not busy place to enjoy the high.
hope this helps.
Lrus007

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:09 am
by deran
ripper5 wrote:Used my weed grinder to devastating effect of potent tea!
best grinder that you can find, and i had em all, even the stainless steel ones

yeah :tup:

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:57 am
by Oldjoints
Butcher Bob wrote:Okay, that leads to some questions.

When I dose, I just take the mushrooms like a wad of chew...cram them all between my cheek and gum. Occasionally giving it a chew and moving it around the jaw and under the tongue...trying to let it absorb like a tincture. Eventually swallowing what remains after aboot 30 minutes. All the while drinking a pint of OJ.

What are other folks' opinions of 'chewin' vs eating?

I've heard of the tea, but have never known anyone to take it that way. My understanding of traditional tea making is that the tea is steeped for a period of time, the mushrooms are then strained out and tossed, and you drink the tea.

Is that correct?

And now you're grinding it to boot.

Are you just mixing it with the water and drinking it?...or are you tea-bagging it?

My brother is interested in micro-dosing. Initially he is thinking grinding to a powder and putting .1-.2 gm per caplet...maybe add a half tablet of vitamin C ground to powder and mixed in.

What are folks' thoughts aboot that?

Only been 10 days and I'm ready to go again.:p We still have 3 strains to test, and we're trying to keep the environment as similar as possible each time. With all the holiday shit going on, it might not be until X-mas for the next test. I'm hoping one is a front runner in potency, 'cause I want a hero dose that scares me. :grin:

For anyone that's done a hero's dose, how much did you do?...and what environment did you do it in?
I’m not sure what is considered a hero’s dose. I have done 5 grams at a time after going years of not dosing. I don’t suggest it for anyone as all I wanted was the effects to stop. I have done 3.5 grams several times and that is about my limit. Or should I say WAS my limit. After doing the 5 grams I never dosed again.....

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:56 am
by ripper5
I just started doing the tea recently before that I would eat them by chewing and swallowing once its chewed. They taste horrible imo so I like to have lemon slices as it completely masks the wretched flavor. Yep I put whatever dose I want in 3 cups of simmering water for at least 15 minutes stirring frequently. I add a family size tea bag of regular black tea during the last 5 minutes. Then I strain the shrooms out and drink it from a glass. Mostly tastes like plain old tea.

I have to agree on all that everyone has said here. Tripped nice last night. I guess it was about 2.5 to 3gms. Grinding it fine seems to help the psylisibin to be absorbed into the water.

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:58 pm
by Butcher Bob
I love this thread. :)

I like the taste of regular mushrooms, so the cubes seem fine to me. The only reason I hold them in my mouth is for faster delivery...but I've been beginning to wonder if it's even worth the effort. I like the chocolate milkshake idea....bro was thinking smoothie.

Two things we do to maximize effect...
- We try not to eat anything for aboot three hours prior to taking them...so as to allow the gut to focus on absorbing the psilocin, rather than digestion of food.
- We drink the OJ for the vitamin C...which I understand helps your body connect with the psilocin. I don't remember the technical jargon explaining the process, I just remember reading it several places.:p

If you're throwing the mushrooms out after steeping, aren't you losing some of the goodness you're looking for?...or is it too small an amount to be significant?

Was thinking you could fashion a "teabag" from a coffee filter Ripper. That way you could more easily squeeze out every last drop when you remove them...but maybe they wouldn't steep as well...hmm, not sure on that one...just a thought.

Hero's dose is 5+ gms Oldjoints...so you've been there. I'm pretty comfortable doing 2-3 gms recreationally. I'm beginning to think I'm going to need at least 7 to attain my goal. I don't want it to be just a strong party trip...I want to go down the fukking rabbit hole.

The other aspect I haven't decided on yet is sense stimulation. Comfortable place and setting, noted. But what aboot visuals?...I'm not sure they'd even be needed. Or how aboot audio?...could be music, or shaman singing like is used in the ayahuasca ceremonies. Or should I just go the sensory deprivation route?...minimizing sensory input.

No thoughts on the micro-dosing? :dunno:

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:09 pm
by deran
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Psilocy ... _lemon_tek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=25347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments ... ilohuasca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:loony: :twisted:

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:51 pm
by Oldjoints
Butcher Bob wrote: The other aspect I haven't decided on yet is sense stimulation. Comfortable place and setting, noted. But what aboot visuals?...I'm not sure they'd even be needed. Or how aboot audio?...could be music, or shaman singing like is used in the ayahuasca ceremonies. Or should I just go the sensory deprivation route?...minimizing sensory input.

No thoughts on the micro-dosing? :dunno:
As far as audio and visual stimulation: Some find soothing waterfall or rain sounds or surf breaking on a beach a great relaxing thing while tripping. Music for some is a little much, everyone is different. Some people prefer to close themselves in while others like to be free and explore.
Mood has a lot to do with things also, I only use to trip if I was in a happy playful state. Tripping for me never worked well if I was depressed or in a bad state of mind.

As far as micro- dosing, I don’t think it’s the vitamin C but the acidity in citrus that helps the effect.....

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:56 pm
by Butcher Bob
deran wrote: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Psilocy ... _lemon_tek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oldjoints wrote:...I don’t think it’s the vitamin C but the acidity in citrus that helps the effect.....
Yeah, I'm aware of the tek to help convert the psilocybin to psilocin, but that's not what I'm referring to. What I recall was something aboot how vitamin C helps the psilocin attach to whatever it attaches to, to cause the effects. I think I saw it in a Paul Stamets lecture. I will have to look and see if I can find it again.

deran wrote: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=25347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments ... ilohuasca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I knew there was something aboot MAOIs affecting the intensity. I am not yet familiar enough with it, so it is on the table for future study. However I was not aware of throwing DMT into the mix as well. This is all going to be very interesting to study up on.:)

Oldjoints wrote:...everyone is different.
Boy you are not kidding there.:p Gave bro a list of 20 movies I thought would be hilarious to watch...he didn't think any would be good. Gave him a list of 50 tunes I thought were appropriate...he only liked 2 of them. We have however agreed that 9/10 Moody Blues tunes are great for tripping.

The hero dose is going to be more of an introspective experience...I'm not looking to explore anything outside my mind too much...I do not intend to be very active.

Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:45 pm
by Oldjoints
I only grew mushies for a couple years and what I learned was I was much better at growing bacteria than I was mycelium. So if you need help making green jars I’m your man.....

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 am
by bentech
so heres the plan
and im probably gonna have to grow em myself

my next trips going to an ounce plus

probably safer in the warmer months
you can get fucked up lingering outside winters here and who knows

going to have at least another ounce on me

no history of getting sick eating them but i aint going to let it get in between me and the next intent use

wonder what different opinions I will have...

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 am
by Butcher Bob
From my understanding, less than 5% of the populous is prone to puking...and if it's going to happen, it will happen shortly after ingesting.
You do a Z and I wanna know how that goes.:p

Bro's started an experiment...
He mixed up:
- 1 part vermiculite
- 1 part worm castings
- 1 part spent cake material
Then spread it out in a meatloaf sized pan, sealed the top with tin foil, and put it in the tub.
He's going to let 'em sit for a week, then remove the foil and see if they will pin.

The cake grow is completed now.
A couple cakes didn't produce shit on the 3rd dunk...
...one cake went 5 dunks...
...most were worthwhile for 3 dunks.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:20 pm
by bentech
you guys loading your own syringes now?

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm
by ripper5
Hello all!
Ben I might be working on that. I have a weak print on foil that's a month old now.
Bob that sounds like a plan. :tup: Hope it works out. I might try the small tubs.
It's tea time. :emp: With the tea you can do anything. You can guzzle it and achieve the hero's level, or drink half and then sip occasionally for what some of us would consider a more enjoyable as well as a bit longer lasting ride. :toker1:
Ive got to find my seeds as I have no grows going. Lucky enough, a friend helped out with a little Bubba Kush stash & some "grassroots, Pelirroja" ... :woohoo:

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:04 pm
by Butcher Bob
ripper5 wrote:Bob that sounds like a plan. :tup: Hope it works out. I might try the small tubs.
Talked to bro last night. He pulled the foil off the pans Friday...said there were a couple spindly mushrooms already trying to grow. Figure we should know within a week if they are going to produce anything or not.

He's on to the next batch. Think he's getting another tub setup to do a bed grow in...going to inoculate two bags with Penis Envy to mix in it. And I think he's getting more B+ and another strain to do more cakes. He was still debating with himself as I was talking to him on the phone.:p

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:12 pm
by deran
bentech wrote:so heres the plan
and im probably gonna have to grow em myself

my next trips going to an ounce plus

probably safer in the warmer months
you can get fucked up lingering outside winters here and who knows

going to have at least another ounce on me

no history of getting sick eating them but i aint going to let it get in between me and the next intent use

wonder what different opinions I will have...

i found out mushies have a ceiling for me, once i reach a state of mind, eating more wont change any effects

and ive eaten one nice sunday afternoon 200 grams of cubensis, wasnt different than 5 grams, only my stomach got set up

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 pm
by Butcher Bob
200 ?!? ...really ?!?

As a drug I know it's damn near impossible to OD on the things. And seeing what else you are playing with, I do not doubt your mental capacity to ride that like the Silver Surfer travels the universe. But running the numbers makes me wonder if that is physically possible. That's a mass of 7 oz...that's going to soak up almost a half gallon of moisture like a sponge. Seems like that could turn out very uncomfortable.

Second test is done. This time we did the Amazonian. Onset was much quicker...the Golden Teacher had taken aboot 70 minutes to get started, these were kicking in at 50 minutes. They were a bit more intense...wavier, mostly noticeable at the end, popping in and out of the buzz...and slightly shorter in total duration. All things considered, very good...but the GT edges it out because they felt "funner".

Update on bro's spent cake experiment:
Bro went into the experiment with the assumption that he was forfeiting 10% of total yield on the cake grow, because of the point at which he pulled them for the experiment. I went into it with the expectation of failure/no yield. I am happy to report the experiment was a success...
Experiment.jpg
The 10% invested will end up yielding 50% more by the time it's finished. He did six pans. One got a small spot of contamination that he scooped out with a spoon...it continued to do fine after that. Aboot half way through, two others contaminated bad enough to be tossed entirely. As of today, he's still pulling from four pans...only one still has significant production. He's noted that the size of the mushrooms is a fair amount smaller, and they are a lot wetter (95% reduction, compared to 90% with the cakes)

Next grow:
He picked up four 5-grain spawn bags and six jars.
We inoculated...
- 2 bags with Penis Envy
- 1 bag and 2 jars with B+
- 1 bag and 2 jars with Burmese
- and 2 jars with Cambodian
Bro feels pretty confident that yeild with the bags will be double that of the cakes. Me?...I'm not so sure. But I guess we will find out.

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 pm
by Butcher Bob
Third test is done. This time was the B+. Onset was the same as the Amazonian, 50 minutes. Heavy body effect, lower mind effect. Was really wavy for bro, just slightly for me. Not very many laughing fits.

Correction on bro's experiment:
I misunderstood him last time. He figured he was foregoing 10 grams on the cakes, not 10%. Pans are done now...total of 27 grams. Much less than I thought, but still good.

Next grow:
All have started forming mycelium.

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:32 pm
by bentech
http://www.cielodrive.com/photo-archive ... ife-03.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all about that manson murder in old Topanga canyon
used to drive by the house it occurred in getting to work
the killers been approved for parole

this is a picture of the knife he used
its a bowie made it mexico

is that a marijuana leaf on the blade???

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:59 pm
by Butcher Bob
Butcher Bob wrote:Next grow:
He picked up four 5-grain spawn bags and six jars.
We inoculated...
- 2 bags with Penis Envy
- 1 bag and 2 jars with B+
- 1 bag and 2 jars with Burmese
- and 2 jars with Cambodian
Bro feels pretty confident that yeild with the bags will be double that of the cakes. Me?...I'm not so sure. But I guess we will find out.
Last weekend bro prepared the beds and covered them, and he put the cakes to fruit.
This time the cakes were not dunked for the first flush.

2 B+, 2 Burmese, and 2 Cambodian, just starting to pin after a week...
Grow2pic1.jpg
The Penis Envy were bedded in an entire tub, and were uncovered this weekend to start fruiting...
Grow2pic2.jpg
One pan of B+ and one pan of Burmese were also uncovered this weekend...
Grow2pic3.jpg
Can't wait to see how they'll do. :)

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:42 pm
by Butcher Bob
An update...

Bro sent me some pics yesterday.

He said not soaking for the first flush was a mistake...much lighter fruiting, greatly reduced yield.
Here they are on the 2nd flush...
Grow2pic10.jpg
The pans were starting to fruit up nicely...
Grow2pic11.jpg
Grow2pic12.jpg
But the bed was off to a slow start...
Grow2pic13.jpg
Grow2pic13.jpg (100.53 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
...with just a couple pins...
Grow2pic14.jpg

Then I got another e-mail today, titled Never do cakes again.
Evidently the pans have blown up...
Grow2pic15.jpg
Grow2pic15.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
Grow2pic16.jpg
...seems as the yield is a lot better...
Grow2pic17.jpg
:tup:

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:13 pm
by ripper5
Excellent Bob! Mucho appreciate the updates and info. I've been busy with the typical working man issues of late. I'm still holding on to a couple (2) modest doses but my cakes are long expired. Definitely going with the grains next time around.
Is your bro still going with the air pumps for the grain bags?
:volcano:

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:12 pm
by Butcher Bob
It would certainly appear the grain bags do much better, which doesn't surprise me. If you think aboot it, the cakes use less food, most of their bulk is vermiculite...whereas with the grain bags, the whole thing is food. They take longer, but if the yield is better, who cares. Still want to see the tub take off. I will contact bro today, but I'm fairly certain he is using the air-pumps for the trays...not sure aboot the tub.

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:49 pm
by bentech
how far does a syringe go doing it that way?

are you making your own now?

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm
by Butcher Bob
Okay, just got off the phone. Yes, he is using the air pump on both the trays and the bed.

Just for comparison...
The 1st round was 4 syringes in 18 jars...little over 120 gm total.
In the 2nd round, 1 syringe in 2 trays...92 gm in the 1st flush.
Each tray was 1 grain bag and 1 casings bag.

*edit* Bro hasn't felt the need to make syringes...makes too much $$, and the syringes are only $20 each.

The bed is starting to fruit...
Bad4.jpg
They are a bit different looking...
Bad5.jpg
Okay, more than a bit different looking...
Bad6.jpg
:toker1:

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:13 am
by Butcher Bob
Bro did the first pull on the bed.

It was time...
Bed01.jpg
Bed01.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
These are definitely different looking from other cubes...
Bed02.jpg
Bed03.jpg
Some big puppies for sure...
Bed04.jpg
It may be that the pans are better than the bed, yield-wise...
Bed05.jpg
We will just have to wait and see what the final dry weights are.

Bro says, from what he's been reading, the PE are supposed to be aboot twice the potency of other cube varieties. I hope so...I'm looking forward to trying them. :woohoo:

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:20 pm
by Butcher Bob
These PE are something else...
Bed06.jpg
These things get fukking huge...
Bed07.jpg
Bed08.jpg
:tup:

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 pm
by Butcher Bob
Tonight's pull, 370 wet...
Bed09.jpg
"So...I just eat one mushroom, eh."
Bed10.jpg
NOoOoOo!!! :noway:

Er, umm... :notamused: ....yeah, just one. :whistle:

:lol:

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:25 pm
by Butcher Bob
Forth test is done. This time was the Cambodian. We forgot to drink OJ with them. Onset was aboot 50 minutes. These have been the weakest so far. Mostly body effect, not much of a head buzz. Still, a pretty good feeling of well-being.

Bro is down to just the PE tub now. When he's done, I will post up yield comparisons...for both strain and method.

Brought home a bunch of the B+. Aboot a 1/4 oz. for me to hero dose in a couple weeks, and aboot a 1/2 oz to give my buddy who provided the 'shrooms that got us started down this road. Sharing those with my brother has turned out way better than I could have ever envisioned.:)

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:51 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Ghetto dehydrating seems to work fine in my experience, not a fussy business. A cheap dehydrator is fine. The dehydrated shrooms last a year easy in sealed dry, dark storage I'm guessing they'd last even longer although some deterioration seems eventually inevitable. Tea works great, once the powdered dried shrooms have steeped it seems to me like all the psychoactive stuff is in the tea, you can toss the solids.

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:10 am
by Butcher Bob
Second wave in the tub is less and smaller, but still...
Bed11.jpg

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:46 pm
by Butcher Bob
The medium in the pans has shrunk so much that the mushrooms were starting to come out the sides. So bro just took them out of the pans and set them on the perlite. In the full bed the plastic lining is shrinking with the medium. The B+ are not as big as the PE, but the biggest of any of the other strains...
Bed12.jpg

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 am
by bentech
was looking at some of the larger kits and noticed they include a quart of lava rocks

what would you use them for???

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 pm
by Butcher Bob
Hmm, not sure.
Only thing like that in my bro's set-up were the terracotta pellets used in that mason jar air "filter". It's just to keep the fiber material out of the water. Maybe for that function?

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 am
by Butcher Bob
So I was a bit tentative aboot it...7 grams seemed like a lot. :notamused:

Ten minutes, eh...twenty, was that a tingle?...thirty, whoa, here we gooooo! :fly:

For the first hour I tried to maintain a semblance of reality, then I let go.

It's best if you close your eyes.

The visuals are spectacular...fantastical...vibrant. They don't stop, constantly changing, like a ride through the fun-house at the amusement park. Only this is no ordinary fun-house. THIS fun-house is completely animated, the very best CGI. I'm sitting on the ride, but I can interact with the visions, simply by looking at them and thinking. I can change the theme and style of the ride at will. I never realized my mind was so much fun. Now a pirate, I see him...it's the Mushroom man! My sloop pursues, but his brig is faster. I load myself into the cannon...lead the shot...FIRE!! I'm gaining on him, as I fly through the air. It's disorienting when I hit the water. Keep swimming. Which way is up? Keep swimming. The bubbles clear. I see the hull of his ship slicing through the water above me. Keep swimming. It's going to be close... NOOOO! The brig slips by, just out of reach. I envision the Mushroom man's smile, like the Cheshire cat's grin, and he projects a whispered thought to me...

Not enough. :grin:

Yes, it is definitely best with your eyes closed. :)

I will try again...maybe double that. :winky:

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:25 pm
by Butcher Bob
Test #5 is done. This time we tried the Penis Envy. Mostly a head buzz. Started kicking in aboot 60 minutes in...a steady upward climb for the next 90 minutes. The strongest so far, bro rated it 1.5x the buzz of any of the others. I don't know that it was that much more, but it was definitely more than the other four we've tested. No waves with this one.

Since the Mushroom man mocked me with the 7g hero dose, I brought home 14g of the PE to try again. Hopefully doubling the dose with a stronger variety will get me there.:p

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pm
by Jesús Malverde
I don't think I've ever done more than maybe 2g. No microdosers here!

Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:37 am
by Butcher Bob
At 28 hours in, I'm still feeling a bit fuzzy. I shall do my best to recollect...

It all starts at 10pm...took me 7 minutes to chew up the 14g of PE. Puff, puff, puff on the bowl I had previously loaded. By 30 minutes in, shit starts bubbling and melting. I am no longer in this world, but I have not gone anywhere. It is intense. I close my eyes, but the visuals are not there. I'm watching a gamer stream, and listening to music. I see everything, but I feel detached. I get up to get a beverage out of the fridge. I feel a bit floaty as I make the trip, and everything is outlined with a neon orange chain of hexagrams. I keep trying to close my eyes and go into visual mode, but it's not working. I'm feeling a bit disappointed, like I've crested the peak and have started the descent, without even a sighting of the Mushroom man. I was wrong, the trip was just starting.

I keep the stream and music playing to act as an attachment to reality...a safety line so to speak. To help boost things, I'm puffing on the bowl again. Hit after hit after hit, it seems to go on for a long time...nothing but me on a rigid rectangular throne, focusing on the bowl, the smoke, and how it was enveloping me inside and out. The cold grape energy drink I had grabbed tastes great, so refreshing to go along with this cigarette I seem to have been smoking for the last hour...it seems to be lasting forever. I am so comfortable, watching a stream I'm not paying any attention to, slipping in and out of consciousness. Then it happens...the music stops, the stream freezes, I hear myself scream "NOOO!!!" The computer mouse is right there...I could rectify this...but I can't move. No longer having the tie to reality, I get sucked into a black hole.

I'm in another dimension, and I am not the only one there. We are chanting...not a language, but rather a guttural, vibrating, breathing chant. It is the same pattern over and over. My physical body is making these noises, but I am not in control of making them. In my head, my thoughts are in my normal voice. My body is my normal body, but that is not the way that it appears...it is a smoky, ethereal shape like a flower bud that has not opened yet. There are several of us in some type of forest. Everything is a dusty green/gray. We are all doing parts of the chant, like instruments in an orchestra. This goes on for quite some time, and I am struggling to pull myself out. Eventually there are two of us. I am a being inside of another being, who is inside of yet another being. I hear mine say to the other, "Do you think they know?...should we tell them?"

Now I am in another place, and the Mushroom man is there with me. It is a plane I am unfamiliar with. Everything is a tan/brown color scale, same as the Mushroom man. I am moving, but I am not moving...I am the center, and everything else moves around me in accordance. Nothing is solid. I am either part of, or riding, a being from this place. Beings are shapes of smoke-like form moving around very quickly. A battle of some type is going on. I don't have any visual cues that this is what's happening...I just feel the ominous sense of war. Eventually the action subsides and I am on the battleground in the aftermath. Sadness runs deep. I get the feeling the side I have been experiencing has won for now, but paid a huge price. The Mushroom man and I exchange no words...I understand he is just showing me things.

It was starting to get light out...I had crested the peak. I was exhausted, breathing heavy, to put it simply, whooped. I got another steamer going on the computer, so I could try to get some sleep. The first couple times the streamer ended an hour or two after I pulled them up, which woke me immediately when the sound stopped. At 12 hours in, the neon orange hexagons are fading, the grape drink still tastes great, and this cigarette is seeming to burn forever. On and off napping all day. The hangover is subsiding...maybe tomorrow will be better.

The trip was not fun...but neither was it bad. It was just sort of matter of fact...it just was. Interesting to say the least. I am in no hurry to go back. Eventually I probably will, just not any time soon.
:toker1:

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:58 am
by danielplayer
:bonghitter: :bonghitter: are you kidding

Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:13 pm
by bentech
as I recall it took quite some time to recover from my hero incident
do yourself a favor
DONT look in the mirror...

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:14 pm
by Butcher Bob
Kidding?....not nearly as much as your choice of music. :winky:

Couple days for me Ben. Bro always talks aboot a hangover effect...I never really felt that, until now. Even with the 7g I felt fine the next day, maybe a little more uplifted than normal, but basically fine. This time I felt the "hangover" for two days. Not unpleasant like an alcohol hangover, just very fuzzy feeling. The worst part was immediately afterwards...the dryness in the back of my throat and nasal cavity from the 'chanting'. I wish I would have taped myself...would be interesting to see what I was doing and listen to the 'chanting' part sober. I was hoping to feel some kind of "reset" from the experience, but no such luck. No revelations either. Maybe that's because I try to work myself into a blankness mindset beforehand. Perhaps I should have some questions on my mind next time.

If anyone else does the hero, please try to capture your experience in writing soon after...I would luv to hear how it goes for other folks.:)

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:08 am
by bentech
im actually talking about hours
the 6 hours and past
I looked in the mirrors and id never seen my eyes so dialated

plus I was sweating rather profusely
its wasn't skin crawling

it was skins senses just enhanced
like your vision hearing and nose are duriong

always take a good shower before you dose
well
id suggest it
but noticing I smelled was an interesting part of a couple of my times

mabe extend weeks of microdozing
followed by big events?

then mabe your not really hero'ing it?

theres that kinda creepy black guy who likes to wear robes
hes got a regiment and following
and their doing 20 30 grams at a time
and probably more

curious

how would you describe this reset your anticipating?

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:20 am
by Butcher Bob
The way I understand it, trauma to the brain, whether mental (PTSD) or from concussive force (accidents, fighting, etc.), can cause the neural connections in the brain to change by remapping pathways, which can impede it's functionality. Currently psychedelics are being studied as a method of resetting that change back to the normal pathways. One of the main symptoms that a change has occurred is that the individual becomes overly cynical and is often angry. I had always thought it was the fuk'd up nature of society that made me that way, but at 18 I did have an accident where I tried to bite my steering wheel (knocking out 3 teeth) and head butted the windshield. So I have considered the possibility that my attitude may have been caused by a remapping event. That is the main reason I am exploring the hero dose...to see if I notice any improvement in functionality. Just a shot in the dark really.:dunno:

Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:59 pm
by Butcher Bob
Oh boy, me and the mushroom man got into it last night. :slappy:

Since the 14g dose, I've needed 3-5g for recreational adventures...a 1g dose no longer does much for me. Last night I wanted to trip hard, but not quite to hero dose levels. So I did a little experiment...I mixed strains. Previously I had done a 3g dose of Penis Envy, and then bumped it with 2g of Hawaiian two and a half hours later, which had some great visual effects after the bump. So this time I did the same ratio, but all at once. I got dinner ready...ate the 'shrooms, washing them down with OJ...took a multi-vitamin...and proceeded to eat dinner. I was unable to complete the meal, because at 20 minutes in, I was already starting to trip my balls off.

I'm not sure what it is aboot big doses, but they make me very congested. My eyes start watering like I'm bawling...my nasal cavity gets plugged up...and my lungs feel like they're full of fluid. IRL I'm dealing with this shit...wiping my eyes, blowing my nose, coughing shit up. But at the same time I am also in another realm...my eyes are shut and I am having extreme difficulty breathing. The Mushroom man is projecting the thought...everything is fine, relax. Being in two different realms at the same time is difficult enough to comprehend, now add to that, that in one of them I am seeing things from different perspectives at the same time. As I am struggling to breath, my eyes pop open...I see this from both the perspective of being the entity opening their eyes, and also from the perspective of looking at the being opening their eyes. What I see is the Mushroom man trying to drown/smother/suffocate me. 'Me' was having no part of that, as I witness me leave me. This part I am experiencing from three perspectives...a third person view...me, the being getting smothered...and me, the being that left my body.

Now the Mushroom man is slow with deliberate movements, but he can 'blink' from place to place. The 'me' that left my body is a black gaseous/solid form that moves very quickly. That form popped out of my body, looked at the Mushroom man trying to smother me, and attacked him with a ferociousness and viciousness that is almost incomprehensible. No matter how hard the Mushroom man tried to evade 'me' by blinking away, 'me' was on him like stink on shit. After thrashing him for a bit, 'me' stopped going after the Mushroom man. Things then became better.

At first I thought the Mushroom man was trying to kill me, but upon reflection I don't think that is the case. My experiences with psychedelics is that they reveal things to you. So I think the Mushroom man was simply trying to show me something. I get the impression that we are beings that we can not comprehend...that they are extremely powerful...and that they hate these meat puppets (bodies) that they are confined by. True or not, it makes for a very interesting trip...and a good story. :)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:01 pm
by social_misfit
Butcher Bob wrote:
At first I thought the Mushroom man was trying to kill me, :)
Glad he did not :)

nice to see you Bob

peace and be safe

Dequilo

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 pm
by Butcher Bob
Hey Dequilo :)
Hpoe all is well.

Six weeks of abstention....3 grams...eh.
Considering maybe 10 New Years eve....if that don't yank my chain, an extended lengthy seperation will be in order.

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 pm
by dequelo
Butcher Bob wrote:Hey Dequilo :)
Hpoe all is well.

Six weeks of abstention....3 grams...eh.
Considering maybe 10 New Years eve....if that don't yank my chain, an extended lengthy seperation will be in order.

I remembered my Dequelo password

stoner moment for sure

growing the weed

it is all good a member reminded me of here

so I thought I would say hello

UB?

all the best

Dequilo

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:17 pm
by Butcher Bob
Hey Ripper, have you done a second go round yet?
...or are you still working on consuming the first? :toker1:

Bro finally finished his second...after a bitch of a time trying. :p
First batch didn't inoculate. Initially we thought maybe the spores or grain mix got too hot at some point in delivery...because it was the end of summer and quite hot out. Second batch, what little inoculated, failed to fully inoculate. At this point we were suspect of the grain mix. Third batch finally saw some production, but it was still aboot 30% less than expected...and then there were personal issues that caused an early shut down. But, in the end, he managed to pull a half pound. Tons of Burmese...some Golden Teacher, B+, and Penis Envy...and some PKTek (?), which is a new one for us. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:38 am
by ripper5
Haven't gotten started on a second yet. Still hope to soon though. I wanna try the bags you did. As well probably a few jars. Waiting on funds atm.

Enjoyed re-reading the discussion just prior here. What I did a couple years ago was enough to trip once a week from end of August thru New Years. Never did a 7 gram dose let alone a 14 gram. :laugh: most of the time I would just do a handful not sure the dosage. Some things I learned along the way 1) shroom trips are shorter, and come down quicker, than acid. 2) Shrooms seem more attuned to nature and aura experiences. Glowing. Acid on the other hand I would describe as more neon psychedelic melting trails.

Since then, I was fortunate enough to be gifted a small dose once. I didn't think it was going to be enough to feel anything but, it turned out to be a nice ride. Mild but definitely enjoyable. Popped in the Doors DVD and had a blast.