Page 1 of 1

and you thought trump wouldnt flood the streets with scum...

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:59 pm
by bentech
White nationalists march in Virginia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN7vm9mIPBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/watc ... s-virginia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drone view

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/8965 ... 02/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and you thought trump wouldnt flood the streets with scu

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:07 am
by Lrus007
so you blame trump.
i blame the scum on both sides.
like any tribe there are the, let's say fringe ones.
quit taking down statues might have avoided this all together.
get people to talk about things. they would agree on a lot of things.
not all but a lot. but no gov wants that.. rather keep them pumped up.
so the gov can do shit while we are fighting over hot button topic's.
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 am
by Sconeofark
This is just a great big super big gulp of irony.

To the whiteys rights crowd, You Idiots Made Yourselves A Minority!

This is what being in the minority is like.

You think its bad now, wait till all this fucking law n order trump keeps signing off on gets handed over to 'the reaction' to 4 years of trump.

Every paranoid conspiracy you ever dreamed up will come true.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 am
by bentech
Trump's Charlottesville disgrace: White supremacists aren't just another 'side'

To elevate Trump’s deplorable, evil fringe as equal to the rest of us united was extraordinary for a U.S. president — and nothing short of vile.

President Trump is not known for holding back his rage and venom when he’s angered or feels threatened, or for struggling to “counter punch.” Typically, the easily triggered leader of the free world, his finger seemingly perpetually poised in hover position over the nuclear button, uses a cannon when a BB gun will do. But, curiously, he seems to lose his voice and his nerve when it comes to taking on Russian President Vladmir Putin for intervening in U.S. elections, or the white nationalists and Nazis — domestic terrorists — who marched with torches in Charlottesville, Va.

Notice whom Trump tiptoes around to understand to whom he feels beholden.

His tepid, tardy response to the shameful group of Americans (and it hurts to call them Americans) was stunning, coming on the heels of his knee-jerk “fire and fury” threat to North Korea’s Kim Jong Un after yet another missile test — and his equally reckless, violent follow-up threats about military action.

The gentler, vaguer “diplomatic” language used by Trump on alt-right white nationalists proudly using the Nazi salute and sporting swastikas is chilling. He didn’t name them or even blame them, in fact said “hatred, bigotry and violence” had been going on “for a long, long time” and came from “many sides.”

It was reminiscent of candidate Trump in Feburary 2016 finding it difficult to denounce former KKK leader David Duke for telling his followers it would be “treason to your heritage” to vote for anyone but Trump. He told CNN’s Jake Tapper he simply didn’t know enough about Duke and the KKK to condemn them.

In Charlottesville, Duke said on camera that the white supremacists were marching on behalf of President Trump, and that they viewed this as fulfilling the promises of Trump’s candidacy.

Trump gave him legitimacy by placing the KKK, Nazis and other white supremacists on par with, well, everyone else.

He’s “normalizing” them.

Top Trump aides Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller are widely associated with white nationalism or the “alt right.” Duke praised Bannon’s appointment to a senior White House position, telling CNN "You have an individual, Mr. Bannon, who's basically creating the ideological aspects of where we're going," and “ideology ultimately is the most important aspect of any government." Peter Brimelow, who runs the white nationalist site VDARE, said Bannon connects Trump to the alt-right movement online, adding: “I think it’s amazing.”

Miller, a hero of the alt-right, was influential in shaping Trump’s Muslim travel ban and his extreme immigration proposals. He’s now a top name Trump is considering as his latest communications director.

The escalation of blatant racial hatred by the white supremacists with their torches and Nazi salutes should have been addressed with at least the same “fire and fury” as Trump’s ill-advised cheap bravado on North Korea. Instead, after nearly a full day of silence, the president inexplicably claimed there was fault on “many” sides.

There are not “many” sides. We are Americans living our lives. We are Americans of all stripes, creeds, colors and ethnicity. To elevate Trump’s deplorable, evil fringe as a “side” equal to the rest of us united was extraordinary for a U.S. president — and nothing short of vile.

Donald Trump carefully, purposefully, and strategically established moral equivalency between the Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville, and those protesting them. Can you imagine Winston Churchill or Franklin D. Roosevelt bestowing similar moral equivalency on Hitler’s Nazi Germany and the millions of allied troops fighting and dying to rid the planet of such evil?

Charlottesville, tragically, will now serve as a mecca for white supremacists who firmly believe that with Trump, their day has finally, at long last, arrived.

Cheri Jacobus is a Republican consultant and commentator. She is president of Capitol Strategies PR. Follow her on twitter @CheriJacobus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 562740001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm
by bentech
drone view

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/8965 ... 02/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 pm
by bentech
David Duke: Charlottesville Rally Part of Effort to 'Take Country Back'

says the
ey are there to fullfil donald trumpsobjective to take the country back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fULPlGwjJMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 pm
by bentech
Neo-Nazi Site Daily Stormer Praises Trump’s Charlottesville Reaction: ‘He Loves Us All’

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/neo ... 2472750701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 pm
by Lrus007
We have completely forgotten Obama's silence relative to Antifa
and blm rioting during the elections. We have also forgotten the fact
that his DOJ halted the FBI from investigating the violence.
the news tonight showed cuckold RINOs one after another saying that Trump needs to "strongly condemn these 'white supremacists'." Nevermind the fact that the "white supremacists" had a permit to protest the removal of the Lee statue. The busloads of BLM and Antifa Commies didn't, and they showed up wearing balaclavas to cover their faces from identification, brought bags of urine and feces to throw, pepper spray, mace, etc. So who should be getting condemned? Certainly not those who were supposed to be there, like them or not.

Lrus007

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 pm
by bentech
Oh, WHITE PEOPLE.

Let’s be real (and clear), when a bunch of black groups plan peaceful protests, the national guard shows up. People get arrested. Somehow, in a white-ass city like Charlottesville, Va., where a planned rally included SEVERAL white nationalist, racist groups, the entire fucking police force slept in or decided that, “Oh, it’s just racists, they’re cool.” OF COURSE there were going to be counter-protests, and of course folks were going to clash. Because of course all of it was going to happen. But white folks whitefolkin’ is okay.

White nationalists rally = no police presence.

Black peaceful protest = National guard and arrests.

How bad do you have to be at your job to not be prepared at all for this? Pretty bad, fam. Pretty bad. Unless of course a bunch of white nationalists aren’t considered a threat to civil society.

Except they kind of fucking are.

http://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/tho ... 1797781413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 am
by Butcher Bob
You can't be a proponent of free speech, and then condemn hate speech.

The media has pushed this story too far...
They have connected 3 deaths to this event, but two were by their own volition...state troopers that crashed their chopper nowhere near the protests. In comparison, 3 men were gunned down pointblank at a drag racing event in Wisconsin this same weekend.

The police did their job...
They arrested the man responsible for the only death, as well as aboot another dozen protesters. They did a good job preventing this from becoming a mass shootout, as there were numerous folks on both sides armed with firearms.

Calling anyone in this situation a "terrorist" is irresponsible...
These are folks with vastly differing opinions, passionately proclaiming their opinion.

I'm not a fan of racists....but I am a fan of their right to voice their opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:39 pm
by bentech
the police DID NOT do their job!

they spent the first hours observing and retreating as the white supremicists attacked under cover of their assault rifled armed members

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:19 pm
by Lrus007
you are right ben, the police did not do there job.
could have went a lot smoother than it did.
Lrus007
racist.jpg

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 pm
by MadMoonMan
I waited to reply weighing the insanity. I see evil and racism on both sides.

Wasn't sure what was true? Why the insanity?

but it don't matter. It's the world we live in. So.

They both are wrong and seeking confrontation.

Over names on statues. MYself I hate statues. That politician voted for that bridge and road named after him? I paid the taxes.

Name it after me MR and MRS TAXPAYERS.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am
by Butcher Bob
bentech wrote:the police DID NOT do their job!
I do not see it that way.

I see the whole situation much the same as MMM...
MadMoonMan wrote:I see evil and racism on both sides.
They both are wrong and seeking confrontation.
A monument to history is slated for removal.
Some groups oppose this and plan a rally to voice their objection. They make their plans widely known in the hope for confrontation...because confrontation is free publicity.
And groups from the opposite side respond, many anticipating and prepared for confrontation...because confrontation is free publicity.
First set of groups proceed with planned rally activity...second set of groups then physically blockade the first set from their legal rally...confrontation ensues

Now some would say the police should have arrested all the counter protesters at this point for violating the civil rights of the first groups...others would say the police should have arrested the initial protesters for forcing their way through...but instead the police simply monitored the situation, without taking sides.

Someone drives a vehicle into a crowd of protesters...police arrest him.
Some protesters on both sides go too far with their violence...police arrest them.
Police could have been all jack booted and beat everyone....but would that have been better?

“It’s easy to criticize, but I can tell you this, 80 percent of the people here had semiautomatic weapons,” McAuliffe said Saturday...
The governor stressed that “not a shot was fired” and there was “zero property damage.”

With so many guns present, no one fired a shot.
With so much volatility, no property damage occurred.

Regardless of anyone's viewpoint of the police actions (or inaction), one thing can not be ignored...the overall outcome was aboot as good as anyone could hope for.

Or do you think police should have escalated the volatility of the situation. which would likely increase the violence and caused collateral property damage?

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 pm
by Lrus007
no bob, i just think they could have done a better job
of keeping the two apart. not jack booted just better planning maybe.
i agree except the jerk in the car.. it did go pretty smoothly.
wonder in a way if all the guns kept it from becoming a riot.
i do not like the statues being removed. they are part of our history.
guess it's yanks 1 rebels 0 with about of 100 years of halftime.
only time will tell
Lrus007

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am
by bentech
now how can you say that statue is "part of our history" when it wasnt installed until 1948???

lee is part of our history
and he isnt going anywhere

that statue was errected to rub the nose of every black person in that town in the dirt and remind them that jim crow was still in full effect
nothing more

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:46 am
by Butcher Bob
Lrus007 wrote:no bob, i just think they could have done a better job
of keeping the two apart.
I don't view it to be the police's responsibility to babysit grown adults. Placing themselves in the middle just antagonizes both sides.
bentech wrote:now how can you say that statue is "part of our history" when it wasnt installed until 1948???
Memorials are put up after the fact.

Personally, I think all confederate references should be done away with...not because of a color issue, but because they fukkin lost. But that's just my opinion. And I certainly understand other folks have a much different opinion. So I'd be willing to concede that confederate symbols/memorials be allowed at civil war sites...sites specifically involved with and dedicated to the civil war...but not at institutional sites like government buildings, schools, or parks in the center of towns.

However the deed has already been done, so care should be taken not to offend either side as we strive to correct the situation. Perhaps the "confederates" should be more helpful in locating a more suitable location for these statues and such.

All this media hoopla of "us vs them" just polarizes folks into choosing sides, instead of coming together.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 pm
by bentech
Leloudis notes that there were two main flurries of Civil War monuments being erected across the South. North Carolina, which has 90 such monuments, is tied with Georgia for the second most Civil War monuments. Virginia has the most.

The first wave came in the 1870s and 1880s and those monuments were typically placed in graveyards as symbols of mourning. The next wave came in the 1910s and ’20s and were aimed at public squares.

They were forward-looking monuments rather than backward-looking ones, especially at a time in which black Americans were beginning to make progress, Leloudis said, noting that a block away from the Durham monument Black Wall Street was thriving in 1924.

“The monuments that went up in the ’teens and 20s had a far more overtly political purpose,” he said. “If you look at the dedication addresses, speaker after speaker is very clear that those monuments are aimed at the rising generation of young North Carolinians who were coming of age, and who were born after the white supremacy struggles at the end of the 19th century.

“The funders and backers of these monuments are very explicit that they are requiring a political education and a legitimacy for the Jim Crow era and the right of white men to rule.”

‘Anglo Saxon race’

In 1913, at the dedication of the Silent Sam statue on the UNC campus, Julian Carr, a wealthy tobacco and textiles manufacturer from Durham, praised Confederate soldiers for preserving white hierarchy.

“The present generation ... scarcely takes note of what the Confederate soldier meant to the welfare of the Anglo Saxon race during the four years immediately succeeding the war, when the facts are, that their courage and steadfastness saved the very life of the Anglo Saxon race in the South,” Carr said at the time.

Carr, who died 11 days before the erection of the Durham monument, was given a “touching tribute” before the unveiling of Durham’s Confederate statue.

http://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/cou ... 19947.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 am
by bentech
The Confederate statues defended by Trump were not innocent manifestations of civic pride, but intentional assertions of white supremacy. As historians and journalists have amply documented, the first wave of statues and monuments were erected decades after North had won the Civil War. As the South in the 1890s and 1900s began to codify segregationist Jim Crow laws and deployed mob and state-sanctioned violence to keep African-Americans subjugated, states erected dozens of public tributes to the cause of the Confederacy. Confederate statues and monuments served as cultural expressions of white supremacy, painful reminders that the nation’s racial hierarchy survived the emancipation of African-Americans from slavery.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/confederate- ... 13450.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:45 am
by bentech
A second wave of monument construction coincided with massive white resistance to the nonviolent civil rights movement. From 1955 to 1965, Southern (and some non-Southern) states put up dozens of Confederate-glorifying monuments. In reality, then, the Civil Rights Act (1964), the Voting Rights Act (1965) and affirmative action, among other policies aimed at fostering racial equality, never adequately addressed the stubborn persistence of racism in the society and the subtle appeals to white supremacy in the political culture, long after the civil rights revolution had run its course.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:47 pm
by bentech
vice news long term imbed interview after charlottesville

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IrcB1sAN8I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am
by Butcher Bob
Kudos to that young lady :) ....a daunting task she was given.

Some good might actually come of this ordeal.
After a year of indecision, Baltimore city council quickly makes a unanimous decision...
Baltimore Quietly Removed All 4 Of Its Confederate Statues Overnight
Unfortunately, the pendulum will swing too far, as evidenced by the last sentence of the article...
"The Hollywood Forever Cemetery, one of the oldest cemeteries in Los Angeles, removed its monument honoring Confederate veterans on Wednesday, The Los Angeles Times reported."
To me, a cemetery sounds like an appropriate place for these memorials.

And then what do you do aboot a place like this?...
The U.S. Capitol Is Basically A Confederate Statue Bazaar
On the one hand I agree with Nancy...remove the loser's shit.
But on the other hand, these were men that shaped our country, even if by traitorous means.

Tina Fey puts it very well :grin: ...

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:04 am
by bentech
Trump touched a third rail in American politics with his defense of Nazis and got zapped. He was probably reminded by that experience that the politically correct right-wing way to express racist sentiments in America today is to slag immigrants and Muslims and let people sublimate their loathing for blacks and Jews within those categories. Everybody gets the message, and you don’t have to overtly side with Nazis and the KKK.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politi ... te-history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 pm
by Peace Pipe
Two hate groups fighting each other. And the disgusting part is that the media is taking the sides of one of these hate groups.

I think we should put all neo-nazis and alt-left antifa members into a Hunger Games style arena where they fight to the death. The winner gets to inhabit the dome forever and they can never escape into polite society again.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:11 pm
by bentech
Peace Pipe wrote: the disgusting part is that the media is taking the sides of one of these hate groups.

because both their hates are equalbly deplorable???

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:18 pm
by Butcher Bob
Yes, like the lesser of two evils thing...still hate.

Black pride... :tup:
Latino pride... :tup:
Gay pride... :tup:
White pride...You fucking racist! :tdn:

Wait, what? :confused:
Why am I s'posed to be ashamed of my skin color?

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 pm
by Peace Pipe
Yes. Antifa are no better than the real white supremacists they claim to hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhGYo9TExU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm
by bentech
what utter horseshit you guys!

It’s hard arguing against the removal of Confederacy statues. In their Declaration of Causes, secessionist states said the following:

“We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.”

“That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding States.”

http://www.globalresearch.ca/racism-and ... te/5606059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 am
by Peace Pipe
^

You do realize that when you greenlight violence against your foes, that same violence can be used against YOU and your free speech. Right?

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:54 am
by Butcher Bob
bentech wrote:what utter horseshit you guys!

It’s hard arguing against the removal of Confederacy statues.
Horseshit? :stinkeye:

Bitch, my lineage has been traced back 300+ years and we've yet to find any slave owners...plenty of Billy Yanks though. Yet you think I should take ownership of what some racist fuks said over 150 years ago? Kiss my hairy white ass. :arse:

Who's arguing against the removal? I'm certainly not. It's the method that's the problem. Because when you're not civil and considerate of opposing views, then you get some asshole that thinks this is OK...
Painted statues, broken glass left after vandals target the Sit-Downers Memorial Park in Flint

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:09 am
by bentech
you guys should take ownership of the fact that your doing everything you can to stop the process of confronting systemic racism alive and well today, which opposition to these statues is

your greenlighting the violence your ok with

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:23 am
by bentech
Violent confrontations with antifascists gave the Nazis a chance to paint themselves as the victims of a pugnacious, lawless left. They seized it.

It worked. We know now that many Germans supported the fascists because they were terrified of leftist violence in the streets. Germans opened their morning newspapers and saw reports of clashes like the one in Wedding [a Berlin neighborhood]. It looked like a bloody tide of civil war was rising in their cities. Voters and opposition politicians alike came to believe the government needed special police powers to stop violent leftists. Dictatorship grew attractive. The fact that the Nazis themselves were fomenting the violence didn’t seem to matter.

One of Hitler’s biggest steps to dictatorial power was to gain emergency police powers, which he claimed he needed to suppress leftist violence.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/antif ... alt-right/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am
by Butcher Bob
bentech wrote:you guys should take ownership of the fact that your doing everything you can to stop the process of confronting systemic racism alive and well today, which opposition to these statues is

your greenlighting the violence your ok with
Why do you do this?

Instead of forming a well thought out rebuttal for your viewpoint...
...you make wild accusations, talking complete shit.

Tell me, what exactly am I doing to retain these monuments?
Because I'm certain if that were my intent, I could be doing a fuk ton more than nothing.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:56 am
by bentech
your being used to insulate from sight
the benefitactactors of todays power structure

who will be all fine and good these statues getting taken down
just as long as the extraction profits systemic racism ensures continue to flow the same direction

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:02 am
by bentech
its just disgusting to see you guys agreeing with the "set" which at the same time this past week has been gloating about how the poor are getting what they deserve down in texas this week...

particularly glad that certain katrina survivors are getting a second helping

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:29 pm
by Butcher Bob
Right....me, the advocate of socialized medicine and education...me, the preacher of "death to the .1%ers"...I'm the problem?
:roflmao:
My recommendation that both sides come to a civil decision aboot these monuments is exactly what them wealthy pricks DON'T want. They'd rather have folks pick a side, yelling "You assholes" to the folks on the other side...which is what you are doing...so that they can fuk us ALL over, without being noticed.

It's smoke and mirrors...
Obama, the 'black president', tried real hard to arrange & sign a trade agreement with two countries that still advocate slave and child labor. Yet Trump, the racist, threw that agreement out the window very quickly after taking office. Imagine that, the 'president of the people' tried to screw us all, and the racist prick did us a square.
Smoke and mirrors motherfukker, learn to see through 'em. :winky:

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:14 pm
by Lrus007
ben has white guilt for some reason.
would rather bring white people down
vs bringing everyone up.
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -94451007/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
statue.jpg
Lrus007

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 am
by bentech
babby steps...

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 am
by bentech
AntiFa’s Moral Superiority and the Potential for Left-Wing Unity
by YOAV LITVIN

Following the tragedy at Charlottesville, Virginia, in which Heather Heyer was murdered by a White nationalist terrorist, President Donald Trump revealed his true self.

In his words:

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides. On many sides. It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time… What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives…”

“Many sides”, “not Donald Trump”, “law and order.”

False moral equivalency, no accountability, neofascism.

Coming from the leader of any country, not to mention the only global super power, these words are a recipe for disaster.

Many Sides

Donald Trump’s condemnation of violence on “many sides” is the quintessential false moral equivalency. It is a fallacy that is used to polarize groups and endorse the violence that is likely to follow.

Equating the long history of right-wing terrorism in the United States with the comparatively negligible violence carried out by some “black bloc” anti-fascists (AntiFa), i.e. shoving, property damage and the occasional punching of neo-Nazis is absurd and dangerous.

It is false to qualitatively compare an organization that explicitly seeks to exterminate certain ethnic groups with another whose goals are to protect those very people and their rights. Further, though AntiFa are stigmatized as activists whose sole purpose is violence, they are in reality engaged in a multitude of other tactics that are aimed at combatting fascism. Finally, a simple quantitative comparison of the violence perpetuated by these groups, their targets and results, proves the complete moral bankruptcy of drawing such an equivalency.

Let us examine Charlottesville as a case study. There, neo-Nazis marched with torches across the University of Virginia campus chanting “blood and soil” (a Nazi slogan), “Jews will not replace us” and “white lives matter”, paraded alongside militiamen in full combat gear and assault rifles, fired at counter protesters unimpeded by police, threatened clergymen and women, and finally drove a car into a crowd, killing Heather Heyer and injuring many others. What’s more, a recent article has shown that some of the fascists at Charlottesville were planning for murderous violence in advance.

In contrast, counter protesters were predominantly nonviolent and used defensive, not offensive tactics other than publicly shaming members of the other side. Cornel West went so far as to say that AntiFa activists saved his life as well as the lives of other clergymen and women trapped in a church.

A Response to Chris Hedges

Earlier this week, Chris Hedges chimed in with an extremely unfavorable analysis of AntiFa in a piece titled “How Antifa Mirrors the “Alt–Right” published by Truthdig. This is not new ground for Hedges, who has previously villainized anarchists as “the cancer of the Occupy movement”.

Straight off the bat, Hedges’ title conveys the gist of the piece – precisely reiterating Trump’s false moral equivalency. He then spells it out:

“Behind the rhetoric of the “alt-right” about white nativism and protecting American traditions, history and Christian values is the lust for violence. Behind the rhetoric of antifa, the Black Bloc and the so-called “alt-left” about capitalism, racism, state repression and corporate power is the same lust for violence.”

On to the crux of his argument:

“The two opposing groups, largely made up of people who have been cast aside by the cruelty of corporate capitalism, have embraced holy war.”

And later in the piece he writes:

“The white racists and neo-Nazis may be unsavory, but they too are victims. They too lost jobs and often live in poverty in deindustrialized wastelands. They too often are plagued by debt, foreclosures, bank repossessions and inability to repay student loans. They too often suffer from evictions, opioid addictions, domestic violence and despair. They too sometimes face bankruptcy because of medical bills. They too have seen social services gutted, public education degraded and privatized and the infrastructure around them decay. They too often suffer from police abuse and mass incarceration. They too are often in despair and suffer from hopelessness. And they too have the right to free speech, however repugnant their views.”

Here, Hedges relies and promotes a proven falsehood, one that implies that Trump won the presidency due to a disillusioned, poor/working-class base, which gravitated towards his “anti-free trade”, “anti-imperialist” and overall “anti-establishment” policies. Notably, this myth has been debunked again, again and again, showing that Trump’s support came predominantly from affluent white Americans.

Additionally, the “alt-right”, who took on a major part of the events at Charlottesville, is composed largely of educated millennials, not disparaged members of the working class.

Hedges relies on these myths because they support the horseshoe theory that validates the equivalency he promotes between the tactics of AntiFa and extreme right-wing violence, the very same immoral equivalency promoted by Donald Trump.

Hedges goes on to describe AntiFa activists thus:

“The protests by the radical left now sweeping America, as Aviva Chomsky points out, are too often little more than self-advertisements for moral purity. They are products of a social media culture in which each of us is the star of his or her own life movie.”

In contrast to Hedges’ claims here, black bloc tactics are about a collective not an individual, AntiFa and anarchist activists are often anonymous (wearing masks) not self-aggrandizing, and AntiFa’s history dates back to the early 19th century, well before our current self-obsessed culture of social media.

Accountability and Uniting the Left

The tragedy of Hedges’ arguments is that they fracture the left and whitewash those who are truly responsible for the hate and violence – fascists, the state and their representatives in the police force.

Instead of supporting members of AntiFa and their courageous efforts against the violence and racism of the right, Hedges feeds into the false and immoral equivalency between right- and left-wing violence and promotes myths regarding Trump’s populist appeal and working class base.

Now is the time for public intellectuals like Hedges to work at uniting the left, by applying pressure on police to do their jobs, not on activists to cease protecting communities against fascists.

The left is faced with the predicament of a looming fascism and oppression that requires a reassessment of strategy, which embraces all forms of resistance, defensive aggression included.

Activists in the streets need guidance and encouragement from intellectuals like Hedges, not beratement and villainization. Their energy should be harnessed alongside, not in contrast to, traditional movement building efforts on the left with the underlying goals of thwarting fascism and promoting a future of justice and equality in America.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08/30 ... ing-unity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 am
by Lrus007
antifia is a hate group ben.
even wiki says so. even tho the listing there gets changed a few times a day now.
also when people go to a protest wearing masks, bringing bags of piss and shit.
carrying shields and weapons. they are not looking for a peaceful protest. there out for blood..
this is also partly the "*ofsa obama's free shit army.." he stirred up a bee's nest but like herding
cat's lost control. even the dem's are stepping back. there is blame on both sides.
protest but don't riot. hold signs, yell, argue.. but don't break burn and trash the protest.
Lrus007

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 am
by bentech
you cant be pro-trump without being pro violence lrus...

There is a sober history here. When the fascists made themselves known in Germany in the early 1920s, the German Communist Party created a front of Red Fighters (Roter Frontkämpferbund) in 1924 to confront these fascists on the streets. It was these working-class activists who used their muscle to clear the streets in the early years. Four years into their existence, the Red Fighters included close to 70,000 members – most of them unaffiliated to the Communist Party. But the Nazis and the liberals colluded to complain about the ‘violence’ of the Red Fighters, making sure to ban them in 1932. Hitler came to power in 1933. The first people to be arrested by the new regime were the Red Fighters, many of whom went to concentration camps to be executed. Among them was their leader Ernst Thälmann, the head of the Communist Party and the Red Front, who was arrested in 1933, sent to solitary confinement for eleven years and then shot on Hitler’s orders in Buchenwald in 1944.

Small bands of antifa protesters have formed around anarchist ideas in the United States for decades, being integral part of the anti-globalization protests of the 1990s. They are not controlled by any party and few of the small groups are in organizational contact with others. It is a sign of the weakness of the left and the absence of something like the Red Fighters that the antifa of today in the United States exists. To make outlandish and outsize comments about its tactics is to misidentify antifa. It is not a movement or a party. It is a symptom of the growth of fascism and the lack of a working-class alternative. Without that mass alternative to fascism, antifa plays a crucial role. To call for the disbanding of antifa is ridiculous because it is not going to do so – it exists in a space that demands its presence.

The leadership of American trade unions seems uncomfortable with the present. They have been willing to meet with Trump and – until recently – sit at the table of his manufacturing council. This collusion bewilders the rank and file.

Theissen and those who attack antifa do not recognize that below the AFL-CIO leadership there are unions that replicate in all measure the view of antifa and its belligerence. On August 17, in anticipation of the violence in Berkeley, Local 10 of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union passed a ‘Motion to Stop the Fascists in San Francisco.’ The members voted to condemn Donald Trump’s ‘whitewashing’ of the ‘deadly fascist and racist attack’ in Charlottesville, when he said that both sides were to blame.’ They found it disgraceful that the president attacks ‘anti-racists for opposing Confederate statues that honor slavery.’ This, they argued, ‘adds fuel to the racist violence.’ The dockworkers accused the neo-Nazis and the Patriot Prayer group of incitement to violence. ‘Far from a matter of free speech,’ the racist and fascist provocations are a deadly menace, as shown in Portland on May 26 when a Nazi murdered two men and almost killed a third for defending two young African-American women he was menacing.’ This is powerful language. And it is not only from one of the most radical unions in the United States.

The day before the dockworkers put out their statement, Waylon Hedegaard, the head of the North Dakota AFL-CIO reflected on a protest he attended against the Nazis in Leith. ‘Our union sisters and brothers need to remember that Organized Labor was the first item on Hitler’s enemies list,’ Hedegaard said. ‘Though working people certainly have legitimate issues, white supremacy, Fascism and Nazism have never had the answers,’ he pointed out. In search of the unities of socialism, Hedegaard noted, ‘The source of working people’s issues are not people of a different color, gender, religion or belief. This has never been true and remains a lie today. Working people’s problems come from an unfair economic system that increasingly takes money and power from them to benefit the wealthy and powerful.’

http://www.alternet.org/activism/why-it ... -stop-them" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 pm
by Lrus007
you cant be pro-trump without being pro violence lrus...
really ben... i know your smarter than this.
here you are putting people in a group.
i am sure there are many non violent people on both sides.
is just bread and circus to keep the people fighting with each other.
the real rift is between city and country people. they view things
different from each other. so the gov. uses this to keep us under control.
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:27 pm
by bentech
this is a really good article

Charlottesville, Bacon’s Rebellion and the Miasma of Whiteness

The source of pride for white Americans can’t be in whiteness itself since there simply isn’t anything there to be proud of. There is no such thing as a white culture in the literal sense of something that cultures us, helps us to grow. Whiteness was invented as a negative category that derived its value solely from the oppression of people outside the category. While there is no positive way of being proud of whiteness, white people are not just white, and we need to find or create new sources of pride that can replace whiteness.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/01 ... whiteness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am
by Lrus007
i read it.
jest of it is, you can be proud of anything except white..
sadly a lot of us are still slaves. black and white.
Lrus007

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 am
by DD Ramone
I have read the Koran and all of its hadiths and have come to the conclusion that Nazism is alive and well within Islamic societies who have a totalitarian plan to either kill, rob, rape, tax and enslave anyone who is not islamic, and with getting on for 2 Billion muslims on the face of the earth, I think that most (non-muslim) people just do not realize how dangerous the situation is, and its only getting worse.

Go to this link: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you wish to be educated about it.

*btw SJW's Islam is an ideology , not a race, so don't start pulling the racist race card when anyone speaks out against islam.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm
by Lrus007
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -94476047/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lrus007

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:41 pm
by bentech
heres a good breakdown of how to evaluate violence...

“Sure, the cancer was aggressive. But the chemotherapy was also very aggressive. There was aggression on both sides.” —Elan Gale

There’s a long history of right-wingers and centrists falsely equating racist violence with freedom movements. Andray Domise notes that “after the election of 1832, New Hampshire governor and Jacksonian Democrat Isaac Hill labeled abolitionists as ‘troublemakers’ who were driving a wedge between the North and the South, and that their ‘pathetic appeals’ were sapping the foundation of democracy.”

Recently, Twitter helped resurface a newspaper article from 1956 in which Gov. Earl Long of Louisiana disingenuously labeled both violent segregationists and Martin Luther King, Jr. “extremists.”

Since the events of Charlottesville, there’s been a concerted effort by the right, modeled by Donald Trump, to make political violence a problem of the left, as if Heather Heyer had not been killed by a white nationalist linked to the oldest and most thriving terror organization in this country.

A complicit media and moderate Democrats have followed suit, but the whole idea is ludicrous. Here are five examples of false equivalencies between far-right terrorists and antifa.

1. Right-wing extremists commit nearly all political violence in America.

A recent study from the Anti-Defamation League finds nearly all political violence in the United States over the last decade has been carried out by right-wing terrorists. Between 2007 and 2016, there were at least 372 politically motivated murders, 74 percent of which were committed by right-wing extremists. Islamic extremists committed 24 percent of those murders, while left-wing militants were responsible for 2 percent. Every murder is a tragedy, but as the numbers show, it’s ridiculous to pretend that left-wing violence and right-wing violence deserve equal concern. Going back to a 2015 law enforcement study, we’ve known that right-wing terrorists pose a far greater threat to this country than any other political group.

“We find that the right groups and the jihadi groups are more violent than the left,” Gary LaFree, head of the University of Maryland National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism and co-author of a recent study on political violence across the spectrum, told the New York Times.

The far right—an umbrella term that includes white nationalists, neo-fascists, the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, alt-right adherents, anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant groups, anti-government militias, and anti-abortion fanatics like clinic bombers—are the heirs apparent of violent right-wing terror groups dating to the earliest eras of American history. It’s therefore not terribly surprising that based on every statistical measure, as Mother Jones notes, they have “held a near-monopoly on political violence since the 1980s.”

That’s echoed by Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project leader Heidi Beirich, who told the Nation, “if you go back to the 1960s, you see all kinds of left-wing terrorism, but since then it’s been exceedingly rare.” Right-wing terror has proliferated since that era, “going back to groups like the Order, which assassinated [liberal talk-radio host] Alan Berg [in 1984] right through to today.”

2. Violence is central to far-right ideology.

What do conservatives want to conserve? Mostly, “traditional America,” the version of the country they think is so great. Their vision of the U.S. is homogeneously white and Christian, free of immigrants who don’t speak English and LGBT people forming non-heterosexual unions. On a scale that goes from Proud Boys to neo-Nazis, from Western chauvinists to hardline racists, there’s an underlying philosophy of rejection of a human other. As sociologist and criminologist Stanislav Vysotsky has written, “When even the most moderate position the alt-right or fascist movement can take is racial separation or nationalism through forcible repatriation and strict border control, including forced deportations and racialized exclusions, that movement is inherently violent.”

Matthew Rozsa, writing at Salon, notes:

Report Advertisement
Indeed, far-right violence is embedded in the very iconography embraced by that movement. As historian David Blight has pointed out, Civil War symbols like the Confederate memorials being taken down in Charlottesville (which was what prompted members of the far right to assemble there) were created in large part to reinforce a code of white supremacy throughout the United States. The event such memorials commemorated, it must be remembered, was also one rooted in violence — a collection of states using anti-government rhetoric to protect a white supremacist society through violent rebellion against the federal government.

From the Black Panthers to contemporary antifa, far-left groups that have embraced violence have done so with a sense of finality and self-protection, recognizing that violence is the only language their opposition understands.

“Antifascists are focused on a singular goal as described by their movement name: opposing fascism,” Vysotsky continues. “It would be a mischaracterization to claim that antifa oppose nonviolence. Instead, it is more accurate to say that antifa often justifiably view nonviolence as ineffective against a movement that is violent at its core, and participants who seem to lack any semblance of a conscience. This is the essence of antifascist use of violence.”

3. Right-wing terrorists attack people, while left-wing groups mostly target property.

The University of Maryland study co-authored by LaFree found “far-right individuals were more likely to commit violence against people, while those on the far left were more likely to commit property damage.”

SPLC’s Beirich told the Nation “eco- and animal-rights extremists caused extensive property damage in the 1990s, but didn’t target people.”

There’s a debate to be had about whether property damage is an effective statement of political protest or tool of social change. There is not a valid discussion to be had on whether hurting property is the same as hurting people.

4. Antifa is not backed by mainstream progressives, while Republicans have embraced the far right.

There are no highly visible progressives, prominent liberals or Democratic stars who have risked their own public image to defend antifa. In fact, they’re far more likely to parrot the bothsideism of the right, ridiculously and illogically equating fascists and anti-fascists.

Republicans, on the other hand, have nearly fallen over themselves to let right-wing extremists know they approve of their ideas and welcome them to the party. Lots of Republican lawmakers, including Rand Paul, applauded Cliven Bundy’s armed standoff with the federal government. House Minority Leader John Boehner bashed a 2009 Department of Homeland Security report on rising right-wing threats including hate groups. In the weeks after Dylann Roof’s killing rampage, there were GOP voices still proudly defending the Confederate flag.

The current administration has been transparently supportive of the alt-right. Steve Bannon boasted about turning Breitbart into the "platform of the alt-right." The White House has given press passes to alt-right trolls Mike Cernovich and Jack Posobiec. And Donald Trump has been vocal in expressing his sympathy for neo-Nazis since Charlottesville. As the Daily Beast’s Dean Obeidallah succinctly notes, “antifa is not part of the Democratic Party, while white supremacists are part of the GOP.”

5. Community service is part of the mission of antifa.

The Panthers served free breakfast to schoolchildren, along with 60 other community programs including health care clinics and free legal aid. Antifa groups like the Redneck Revolution run “food programs, community gardens, clothing programs, and needle exchanges in addition to their armed self-defense programs.”

Black Lives Matter and antifa groups were both on the ground during Hurricane Harvey handing out food and supplies to survivors. At the Boston anti-Nazi rally, members of BLM escorted white nationalists through the crowd to ensure their safety.

It would be absurd to pretend members of antifa don’t engage in violence. But when was the last time you heard about the Klan handing out food to poor people or the alt-right setting up education programs for at-risk kids? You haven’t, ever, and if you decide to wait for such an event to take place, you should probably get your affairs in order first.

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/5-ab ... ing-groups" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 pm
by MadMoonMan
So your still trying to argue I have no right to kill on sight beaners violating our borders? Or any NEGROS clearly crossing over a NO NEGROS ALLOWED sign?

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 pm
by MadMoonMan
What is this Nazi LAND?

eAT shit and die .

snowflakes are made for raping up the ass

they want it.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 pm
by MadMoonMan
saves them the price of a fake rubbery vibrator.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:16 pm
by Intrinsic
“law enforcement officials and politicians have started debating”

“Law enforcement experts say ..”
….
Lurs, that latimes article, it gives views/opinion of law enforcement, and I find their agenda is solely the propagating the police state. My policy is never ever listen to cop, a bunch of ignorant lying pigs.

fwiw

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 pm
by bentech
famous anti-facist!

Danuta Danielsson

the Polish-Swedish daughter of a Holocaust survivor who famously swatted her handbag at a gang of neo-Nazi skinheads strutting through a square in Vaxjo, Sweden in 1985.

I challenge the smear merchants to impugn Danielsson and desecrate the memory of the anguish her family endured at the homicidal hands of Nazis by describing her and, in particular, her remembrance-fuelled, spontaneous act, as the personification of fascism.

Comparisons between citizens fighting against fascism and tiki-torch wielding anti-Semites are absurd - and dangerous.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinio ... 53365.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:38 pm
by bentech
So how can anyone in good conscience list responses to white supremacy by Black, Native or any people of color as "hate" alongside white supremacists? This isn't just an irresponsible mishap, this is a manifestation of white supremacy itself.

Hatred will certainly thrive if those who deem themselves experts on its inner workings can't muster a minimal understanding of power dynamics and history. One of the latest examples of this centrist-style false equivalency is the ADL's initial call for police to investigate Antifa (anti-fascist) protesters. While liberal pundits, media outlets and politicians joined white supremacists in condemning Antifa as "violent," the ADL recommended that the police infiltrate Antifa. The group then retracted this call; however, its website still states: "Antifa, who have many anti-police anarchists in their ranks, can also target law enforcement with both verbal and physical assaults because they believe the police are providing cover for white supremacists. They will sometimes chant against fascism and against law enforcement in the same breath." Furthermore, the ADL is not just a liberal police apologist group; it's actively aligned with the police while claiming the right to define hatred. As it states on its website, "ADL is the nation's top non-governmental law enforcement training organization."

Policing in the US was founded upon white supremacy and still is infiltrated by white supremacists, but instead of acknowledging this, accommodationist politics are more concerned with maintaining the status quo cloaked in an imagined relative peace. This is a concession to the right under the guise that all those who oppose their dominant, often state-sponsored, forms of violence supposedly have just as much work to do to end oppression. Addressing this topic, Zoe Samudzi wrote: "The clearly defined liberal preference for order over justice will facilitate fascistic governance and punish the 'violent' left, thus necessarily strengthening existing punishments of non-white communities, and maintain a tenuous peace for state-mediated hegemonic whiteness."

Much like the ACLU, which repeatedly insists on defending white supremacists, "anti-hate" groups like the ADL and SPLC are undermining the very causes they purport to help. With the millions of dollars they amass and which should be helping the most affected, they produce messages that mislead people in the name of freedom. If these groups want to live up to their potential, they must first acknowledge that not all "hate" is created equal.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/4 ... difference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;