Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 427 times
Received Karma : 522 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

Anyone grown out DP seeds over the years? If so, what did you think? I'm just wondering about the quality of some of their knocks-offs - especially the Blueberry and Blue Velvet
Licensed to Krill

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by nobodyknew »

I grew out their blueberry - I also grew out D.J.Short's blueberry - they weren't even in the same class - the DP was pretty rubbish and the DJ was superb - that's all I've ever done with DP. I still have 5 DJ True Blueberry seeds but was way less impressed with them than the original - shit those seeds are old now....
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

Cheers mate - that's just what I wanted to read. Was thinking about getting back in the game and was looking at some of the old blue strains, tossing up whether to spruik for some "new" Old World Genetics (DJ) or order the DP versions, seeing as theirs should date back to the mid-90s. Also got lots of Chimera blueberry-based seeds in the bank - Mental Floss, C4, Ultimix, Schnazzleberry 2 etc - as well as some original DJ Short Blue Heaven crosses that are getting on a bit and probably need to be germed soon. Just need to get settled and find the right place to start growing again. Gawd I miss it.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

I'm a nut for their blueberry. From the first time I tasted it many moons ago in learning to grow bagseed. Currently I believe its "essence" is in Kosher Kush
All things change over time.

I'm testing some choc thai i traded and its thai stick but

I prefer Burmese Kush or Kosher Kush especially over all my test subjects.

Kosher is overwhelming blueberry but needs tender care.

Burmese grows robustly

only competitor would be White Russian.

another plant needs babying

Its complicated kinda but then if it was easy everyone would be doing it.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

I'm saying I think the blueberry is in the Kosher Kush

Jew Gold

if you can grow it.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Dutch Passion strains

Post by Prawn Connery »

Blueberry strains are OK, but I've never found them to be all that potent or long-lasting. However, they do tend to have an agreeable high and the odd plant will have good anti-anxiety/muscle-relaxing properties, so I'm mainly interested in them from a medicinal point of view for my wife (who's not really a recreational smoker). From a smoking point of view, I'm very much a haze man myself.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Dutch Passion strains

Post by deran »

my input is from "the other" side of things ...

namely that some of DJ`s work got diluted and that you can find more potent versions within the genpool of DP <- blueberry

afoaf had a few bb`s from DP and i was very satisfied with the endproduct, especially that euphoria feeling that is coming up from your belly was very strong and intense, without having the indica sleep factor .. yes there was a component of indica, but mostly felt as body relax, actually i got overridden as i wasnt expecting something special, but it proved the opposite, was better than anything else he grew

maybe a secret .. take a look at nirvanas version of BB, as they were breeding from DPs genpool, so there is good chance that some aspects got improved

its all about selection with BB - and its hard to be wise, as you can have a bullseye with any breeder, as well as the opposite ... id try to get some approved clones, maybe even from austrias clone shops like floweryfields ... as they tend to work close with their customers ... an email might give you more infos
awoken the right way

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

Prawn Connery wrote:Blueberry strains are OK, but I've never found them to be all that potent or long-lasting. However, they do tend to have an agreeable high and the odd plant will have good anti-anxiety/muscle-relaxing properties, so I'm mainly interested in them from a medicinal point of view for my wife (who's not really a recreational smoker). From a smoking point of view, I'm very much a haze man myself.
I enjoyed Sweet tooth #4? Had the "berry" in it but was always anxious to try as many new strains as possible and it got lost in the Haze. Lol

Ive looked at some of the writings about where my favorite strain Blockhead originated and I think theres some of the blueberry in there.

Of course its just the terpene. Myrcene?

Ive been wanting to try Grandaddy Purple. Haven't been able to get it always out of stock.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

Oh and my newest preference only thing I'm growing ... Jew Gold.

I smell a hint of a berry in there and find it far above Burmese Kush my second favorite. Which has no detectable berry undertone.

Smoke a Kosher Kush though and savor the smoke wafting your nose.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Dutch Passion strains

Post by MadMoonMan »

Things have come a long way baby. I remember hiding film cases of bagseeds in my closet walls.

Ed Rosenthal wrote his first book.

Nothing about 12 12 grow cycle or separating the males.

That all came later.

You had to go to a grow shop to buy the book. Which were always getting busted for bongs.. Or your pulled over leaving.

Only place you could get a high times or pin head comic book.

Talk about paranoia.