A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
StillBorn
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by StillBorn »

he got one thing right, "its a real circus" "nobody knows" :laugh:

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

At 1:31:38 he says "Mongoose isn't that guy (Variety Jones)"
As I said before: It is not 100% proven, that PoM was Variety Jones. When I asked him about the "murder for hire" incident, he made a similar statement.
What do they really have against him?
The strongest evidence might be the passport which was found on Russ' computer, but afaik there was a passport scan of Roger available on the internet. Everyone could have send it as a proof of identity.
What else? You think Variety Jones' statement to Ross "Google Plural of Mongoose" is enough to lock Roger for life?

I don't think so and I bet they don't even have ips of Silk Road logins that lead to Roger. Practically they have nothing to prove the connection. Can't wait for the trial to begin. :lurk:

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 509 times
Received Karma : 992 times

Post by Munchy »

Yes.... I've been keeping it to myself for years, and probably still should continue, but figured plural has been covering for the real VJ, by not denying it was him, because that's the kind of stand-up guy he is. :innocent:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Post by Irwin the Troll »

One may wonder.... did Diamond purposely flush the little guy out with whole, "I'm gonna kill his wife and kids, and maybe you" schpeil? If the LEOS only had his chat id and nothing else, which I don't think they did, considering this is how Diamond contacted POM. Just saying....

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Post by Irwin the Troll »

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

life is writing the best novels

i could give a shit for the trail, but none the less im curious as most of you what did happen behind the scenes ...
who is who, who is who not etc ...
awoken the right way

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/ ... 6893457934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to a scan of the recent American Kingpin book.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 185 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Well the passport photo from Ulbricht's computer is in the book. And it's old AF.

That image must have been from back in the 80's
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

AGD
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Appeals court upholds Ross Ulbricht’s life sentence for creating Silk Road

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... silk-road/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/i ... /1/hilite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If PoM can't prove, that he is not Variety Jones, he will be facing the same shit.

A pretty remarkable part is this:
Finally, the appeals court said Forrest was right to take into account Ulbricht's interactions with fake hitmen at sentencing. The relevant point is that "he wanted the murders to be committed, he paid for them, and he believed that they had been carried out," Lynch wrote in a footnote. "The fact that his hired assassin may have defrauded him does not reflect positively on Ulbricht's character."
The same will be valid for VJ's actions. If all this really happened, he seems like a pretty evil bastard who deserves a long long sentence. I still hope it turns out, that PoM is NOT the guy.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

AGD wrote:At 1:31:38 he says "Mongoose isn't that guy (Variety Jones)"
As I said before: It is not 100% proven, that PoM was Variety Jones. When I asked him about the "murder for hire" incident, he made a similar statement.
What do they really have against him?
The strongest evidence might be the passport which was found on Russ' computer, but afaik there was a passport scan of Roger available on the internet. Everyone could have send it as a proof of identity.
What else? You think Variety Jones' statement to Ross "Google Plural of Mongoose" is enough to lock Roger for life?

I don't think so and I bet they don't even have ips of Silk Road logins that lead to Roger. Practically they have nothing to prove the connection. Can't wait for the trial to begin. :lurk:
There was not, to the best of my knowledge ever a scan of Clark's passport uploaded to the internet. And I'm pretty damn sure of this as even though he "outed" himself as "Thomas Clark*" during his drama involving Gypsy and Seed Boutique, he never revealed his actual name--Roger Thomas Clark--and in fact freaked out a bit when one anonymous poster once referred to him publicly on PG as "Roger". The source of confusion arose instead, I'm sure, from a time Clark once uploaded a photo of five passports in his possession, two UK, two US, and one Canadian, to the PG servers positioned in front of a computer screen with the PG site prominately displayed on it. He also separately posted a photo of a Thai passport in his possession, I think all this was to bolster his stories that he was some sort of a formidably dangerous secret agent of some sort with "43 taps (hits)" to his name.

I'd post the actual photos uploaded by Roger to PG, but it would just result in a lot of pointless nagging from the usual pointless naggers.

*Thomas Clark being such a generic name that it gives approximately nothing away.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow