Page 1 of 1

BREAKING CONCENSUS! guns dont kill people... FLAGS DO!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 pm
by bentech
you gotta see this 1:10 minute update of the song "dixie"

By Mark Fiore
Mark Fiore's latest animation includes a catchy tune about how "guns don't kill people, flags do," in response to South Carolina's incredibly belated decision to take the Confederate flag down from its Statehouse in response to the tragic Charleston church shooting last week.

Watch Fiore's video, and read the animator's comments below.

http://www.truthdig.com/cartoon/item/bl ... g_20150625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and while your page load, some somewhat ironic illistrating
for your viewing pleasure...

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:01 pm
by MadMoonMan
"Feel breath filling every cell in your body.
This is our ritual
We master our breath,
we master our mind.
Pulling the trigger will become an unconscious effort.
You will be aware of it,
but not directing it.
And as you exhale,
find your natural respiratory pause...

.. and the space between heartbeats."

Marine gunnery in American Sniper

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:31 pm
by Dick Cheese
The confederate flag is a historical part of what the US stands for (not what it is now, but it's founding basic ideals).
Without the South vs. North, would the US be even a shadow of what it is today ?

For what? 150 years +/- the Confederate flag has been no problem.
Now in some random shooting of blacks by a white guy this flag symbolizes hate and violence.

Hmm, I don't see a swastika on it ?

Maybe all those Civil War reenactment shows that have been staged nation wide in nearly every county are based on hate ?
I've never heard of a single person complaining about one of those ???
Yet the Confederate flag is flown at each of these shows ???

Perhaps the media should look a little harder to find a venting arena for their politically correct angst.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:36 pm
by bentech
you simply reveal that your NOT consuming any media SAVE that which is CAPTURES by the interests who benefit from racisms whole hearted continuation JUST under and out of sight.

the confederate flag has been a HUGE DEAL for the last hundred years
its simple a revelation of what racist powers still get to call the game
and shuffle and deal the cards

btw,

did you know the swastika was a UNIVERSAL symbol of peace and love for thousands of years before the brownshirts seized german in democratic elections?

indeed it was for years and years afterwords. that time period where america supported german anyway it could INCLUDING selling them oil 2 years into their invasion of western europe and their bombardment of london

this was the period where americans were doing everything possible to facilitate german in destroying the soviet union and western millionaires were licking their lips at the thought of
soon being allowed to treat their employees the way hitler was allowing industrial german to
get away with. in those years you were an pariah if you said anything bad about hitler and the nazi's

and their 'reforms'
swastika happy.jpg
after we went to war with german and road the soviet unions coattails into berlin instead of repenting for what scum we had actual been before and during the war we simply told the good american who knew better AT THE TIME that they were "prematurely anti-facist"

and

you used to be able to hear an old 30's radio spot talking about this very fact and soliciting you to send in for your beautiful FREE sandalwood swastika you can wear and display with pride!

all you had to do was send in one boxtop from a recent purchase of
majestic vacuum tubes

three guesses WHOMS radio empires kept that add in heavy rotation
http://www.otr.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 pm
by bentech
Swastika charm offered as gift in 1930's radio broadcast

Posted by Piper Williams on February 27, 2010 at 2:21am in Interact

"I was listening to some OTR as I do each night and MAJESTIC, MASTER OF MYSTERY came on the air. It was not a show I was real familiar with so I was eager and curious.. Within a few minutes of the show starting the announcer mentioned purchasing a Majestic radio (* the radio show having been started as a ploy to boost radio sales) and receiving a free Sandalwood Swastika. I realize that it wasn't stigmatized until its use in Nazi Germany, but seen rather as a symbol of good luck and personal well being.. It's incredible to think that a symbol once worn/ displayed for peace and good fortune.. is now one of hate. . ."

Has anyone else come across pre-WW2 mentions/uses of the swastika or associated iconography?

http://www.dieselpunks.org/forum/topics ... -as-gift-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 pm
by bentech
from
http://phiwumbda.org/~jesse/geek/FreeSwastika.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Get yer Free Swastika!
Majestic catalog from 1940

Majestic Master of Mystery was an adventure and mystery show sponsored by Majestic Radio back in 1933-34. It featured a single actor breathlessly playing every role (with some sound effects). I have only heard one fifteen minute episode and I don't much care for it. It's rather overly dramatic for my taste.

But at the end of the show, there was a strange little offer: send in two box tops for a free sandalwood swastika, our gift to you! The hammy Master of Mystery explains how he came by the handmade swastika in exotic India and I imagine that, in 1933, most Americans still did not associate the swastika with Nazi Germany (although it had been the symbol of nationalist Germans since the late 1800's according to this site). A 1932 Majestic radio

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swasti ... istory.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But even if we ignore the Nazi connotations, this offer is plumb weird. Listen to it and see if you agree.

http://phiwumbda.org/~jesse/geek/FreeSwastika.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
swastica majesticmodel290-circa1932.gif
swastica majesticmodel290-circa1932.gif (27.64 KiB) Viewed 2935 times

Get all of the seven remaining episodes (in their entirety) here.

http://www.radiolovers.com/pages/majest ... ystery.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
swastica - 1940_Majestic_Catalog.JPG
swastica - 1940_Majestic_Catalog.JPG (34.47 KiB) Viewed 2935 times

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:51 pm
by Dick Cheese
You have stated that you're a white boy.

Come take a ride with me to Compton Calif, or Long Beach Cali, or South Chicago, Little Rock Ar, West Phoenix, Atlanta.....and let me drop you off with no money, no phone, no transportation other than a pair of shoes.

If you can honestly envision that you will find that yes, YOU are a racist in less than 10 minutes.

It doesn't matter who confronts you (you WILL be confronted) they could be black, brown, yellow, white.....but you will learn to hate a ignorant person very quickly.
And what is another word for ignorant ?

If you cannot envision the above you have led a very sheltered life.

The world is hard and cold....there is no love for you in those places.

Until you've been in a situation like that you have no footing to stand on, no box to preach from, only words unfounded.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm
by bentech
your obvious some type of shut in
living vicariously on your prefered media's loving strains

ive taken two beatings from such as you say in my life

one as a 12 year old working alongside my pop in one of those neighborhoods were we had stayed to late into the afternoon. i took two blows from thrown cinderblocks and its quite the miricle pop wasnt killed. that was in watts

you could see the tower from the jobsite and a month or two later a japanese family on vacation drove there thinking it was safe to see the famous artwork and got themselves murdered

the second was at a taco stand in el monte in my 20's

once again, someplace i had no business being that late in the day
after the sucker punch he took the worest of it. funny, the incident as a kid started as
my pop surrounded by a good 20 gangmembers and the fight started with him taking a blindside

there were so many guys on top of him half of the gang couldnt get a blow in
not for lack of trying

we were buiding a new home on a lot that had been bulldozed just weeks before
a federal agency was popping up these cookie cutter new homes all over during this particular
era of heavy repossessions

i never hated about it

and when i learned the real dynamics later in life and though to wonder whos grandma was
forced out of her home to start that job; and wonder how many of those gangmembers knew
her story...

i realized that WE deserved it more than likely

only a fool idiot HATES the dangerous animal he has cornered AFTER stealing its dinner AFTER killing its child

lots of scheming fucks deciding what the masses of fool idiots should be saturated with media wise SO that they will know what to think

i got lucky i guess

not being a wed to the fool idiocies i was trained up to run with

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 pm
by Dick Cheese
Son, I am disappoint.

You're so bent on the ideal you're trying so hard to push that you cannot see the light flashing in your face.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:42 pm
by bentech
huh...
well then i guess i just dont get WHATEVER it is youd like me to
your description SURE doesnt sound appealing
like anything id every want
and it certain will cost alot more than id care to speculate with present
not that ive got it

so no
your right
im not doing any GAMBLING on "tips" overheard at the water cooler any time soon

like hedges said in his "myth of human progress

"I do not know if we can build a better society. I do not even know if we will survive as a species. But I know these corporate forces have us by the throat. And they have my children by the throat. I do not fight fascists because I will win. I fight fascists because they are fascists. And this is a fight which in the face of the overwhelming forces against us requires us to embrace this sublime madness, to find in acts of rebellion the embers of life, an intrinsic meaning that lies outside of certain success. It is to at once grasp reality and then refuse to allow this reality to paralyze us."

i dont have the kids or the wife
which means i can REALLY fight
nothing to hold me back

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am
by Dick Cheese
You've shown that.....

You're so heavy Democrat leaning that you're a racist against Republicans (not quite understanding that ALL politicians are corrupt, otherwise they would not BE politicians).

You're racist against Southerners not understanding that they make up a goodly portion of this country and only want to preserve their heritage (there is very little racism in the south, if you had ever LIVED there you'd know this, visiting does not count).

You watch and read way too much alternative news.
It's just a bunch of idiots trying to force their views on you......make your own damn view instead of copy/pasting the ones you're pulling from those sites.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:54 am
by Dick Cheese
Oh BTW....

If you ever expect me to be politically correct .....don't.

I'm not a politician and have no use of their ways.

So, fuck the crackers, the niggers, the heebs, the beaners, the chinks, the gooks, the limeys, the commies, and the aliens too (anyone I left out I am truly sorry for not fucking you too).

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 pm
by bentech
i posted a thread about how sickening civil war reinactments and the actors spectators who participate in them are back in 2012. cant find it so heres the original source material

Anderson Scott is a photographer based in Atlanta who has spent a lot of time around Confederate Civil War Reenactments, and a book of his images, Whistling Dixie ($60, University of Chicago Press), has just been published.

While others have previously captured this unusual pastime, we've never seen such a series on this theme quite so surreal, poignant and often sharply satirical while never losing an affectionate eye for his morally complicated subject.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 64468.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:44 pm
by bentech
Dick Cheese wrote:Oh BTW....

If you ever expect me to be politically correct .....don't.

I'm not a politician and have no use of their ways.

So, fuck the crackers, the niggers, the heebs, the beaners, the chinks, the gooks, the limeys, the commies, and the aliens too (anyone I left out I am truly sorry for not fucking you too).
resistance to what one conciders "political correctness" is simply adherence to "support of racism by any other name for it"

dog whistle politics the republican party has employed since 68 when it reached out to scoop up and sooth the hurts of tall the overt racists the DNC chased out with civil rights

you know, the couthern strategy?
reagan announcing his candidacy in the city which murdered the voting right activists?

you need to hear it in his own words: the man who ran reagans election campaign, lee atwater

theres a great film "boogieman: the lee atwater story"
the man speaks for himself

"you cant say nigger nigger nigger anymore, so heres how we get the support of all them who still do or at least think it"

why hulu has it up for free right now!

your so ignorant you dont realize the difference between prejudice and racism. racism is the excercise of power over. blacks can hardly ever, and effectively NEVER do that to whites.

watch; learn something
leave YOUR chains behind

the way you been french kissing them is downright embarassing

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 2255,d.b2w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:52 pm
by Dick Cheese
resistance to what one conciders "political correctness" is simply adherence to "support of racism by any other name for it"
Spelling aside, your lack of comprehension of the things you post is staggering.

When is the last time you removed your lips from O'bummers ass ?
You know that he is the greatest racist of our time.....right ?

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:43 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Dick Cheese wrote: (there is very little racism in the south, if you had ever LIVED there you'd know this, visiting does not count).
:facepalm: There's plenty of racism everywhere. The South is no exception.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:45 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Ben, an Obamabot? :roflmao: You've never read the shit he posts have you? Obama should be charged for war crimes and ignoring the Bill of Rights right alongside Bush and Cheney.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:18 pm
by bentech
and i posted that obama has signated his allegence with whitey when he addressed the nation in 06' as a squeeky fresh SUPPOSEDLY liberal senator who MADE SURE to tell WALL STREET that he wasnt going to interfer with their looting of the nation and treasury

your last comments dick make it sound as if your in the camp of those who believe that the enaction of civil rights reforms in the 60's was the induction blacks back into "slavery" and that the best thing we could do for them as a whole today would be to finish the dismantle of civil rights NOW that voter suppression of minorities is legal again thanks to the supreme court a couple years ago

common cheese!

lay out what your talking about
surely you can get three paragraphs to work together and actually move beyond slander and bumperstickers to the substance your sure is behind them???

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:36 pm
by bentech
Jesús Malverde wrote:Ben, an Obamabot? :roflmao: You've never read the shit he posts have you?
to rich eh?

heh

its a the symptomatic behavior of a person who is ideological to the point that he prejudices information and data FIRSTLY by the terms used to describe its concise aspects

they cant get two sentences into an article without noticing if the author used a dimunitive phrase to describe something they like or a supportive term to describe what they dont.

after that, the rest of the article is seen in a light of grave suspicion and in fact mostly outright rejection; facts be damned

hence cheese cant percieve that nobody is holding obama's feet closer to the fire than me. cheese cant percieve the grave distinction between holding obama accountable because you want him to do what he alludes to supports as opposed to wanting his arch antagonist who despise the things he alludes to

these are the people who revel in news of obama's base rejecting him AS IF it means these leftists are aligning with him opinions of what should be the remedy

talk about one dimensional ass licking

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:16 pm
by Dick Cheese
politically correct

adj. Abbr. PC
Conforming to a particular sociopolitical ideology or point of view, especially to a liberal point of view concerned with promoting tolerance and avoiding offense in matters of race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
I underlined the points you should pay attention to.

I also challenge you to demonstrate the difference in politically correct.....and fascism.
(have a really fun time with that)

Now, if you're dumb, what difference in calling you intellectually challenged and dumb is there ?
they mean the same thing, no ?
Why are people so offended when you call them gay instead of a practitioner of sexual alternatives ?
Do they not mean the EXACT same thing ?

I'd rather be called an asshole than someone who demonstrates opinions that differ from *insert whomever*.

I mean spit out what you mean, don't mealy mouth around and play games.....like a politician.

Oh wait....politician-politically correct ??????
Wow, who knew that politically correct stemmed from POLITICIANS ????

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:20 pm
by Roots
UB?

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:23 pm
by Dick Cheese
Jesús Malverde wrote:
Dick Cheese wrote: (there is very little racism in the south, if you had ever LIVED there you'd know this, visiting does not count).
:facepalm: There's plenty of racism everywhere. The South is no exception.
There is more racism in Los Angeles and New York than there is in the south....not because there is more people, but it's certainly much more prevalent in the bigger cities (in a per capita manner).

Go to Chicago or Detroit and try to get away from racism, you will not be able to.
Go to Des Moines, Tulsa, Boise, Billings, Piedmont....and try to find it, you will have a very hard time because it's just not easily found.

I've been all over this country and I will be damned if I ever live in a big city again.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:20 pm
by Intrinsic
@roots : lolz.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm
by Intrinsic
Wots up nigger?
¿Que onda mayate?

The poor maligned confederate flag, been co-opted by the haters, jes as the American flag by the republican party. How’s about a more modern icon for the haters of today? Suptn’ we murdering fools can all rally behind.
fox_news_channel.jpg
fox_news_channel.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 1532 times

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:45 pm
by bentech
liberal points view you say?

like EQUAL ACCESS to JUSTICE and the protection under the law it provides???

like EQUAL ACCESS to LAWS ENFORCEMENT which brings to justice employers and manufactures who defraud their workers and clients???

like EQUAL ACCESS to products and services available to the public when some employee or owner knows that while offering these he or she is prevented from excercising undue and descriminator power over the purchaser???

like EQUAL ACCESS to the POLLS which was prevented to large degree till just a few decades ago

and has now been significanted rolled back the the trawling twerks of those who despise political correctness...

fuck dickie boy,
we really done dragged a stank ass fish out of you today...

you must really hate the fact that women can vote, own property and divorce their husbands
you must really hate the fact that for 60 years workers got overtime pay, had weekends off if they wanted and couldnt be fire for not working off the clock

ALL progress in a path a piece of shit country has made in moving towards the words they wrote about themselves and their purpose and away from the underhanded cheap ass murdering rapist free for all that was actually practiced for its first 120 years

you state pretty clearly you no idea why STATESMEN who represent their constituents in government would enact such policies

[ they did it because such a lions share OF their voters demanded it that the politicians could no longer honor their agreements with the private overlords who ruled that public and didnt want them getting a stitch more than was just barely necessary for them to keep working and shut up

political correctness differs entirely from facism AS its driven by the wishes of the staggering majority who believe that all men and women are created equal and its high time our practices as a nation reflect this

facism is driven by a staggering minority who excercise undue power over the masses and demand that the government only protect their interest and honor their wishes

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:50 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Roots wrote:UB?
The resemblence is rather striking isn't it? :grin:

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:21 pm
by Dick Cheese
You 'intellectually challenged' guys are great :)

I point out the phrase politically correct stems from politicians and you find all sorts of things I'm going to allegedly say next.

I point out that the Confederate flag is an important historical part of what makes the US the US and suddenly I'm a racist.

I wonder what you'll come up with if I say I don't like boiled peas ?

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 pm
by Intrinsic
sho now!
the pea bigotry is starting up early eh?

fwiw thanks fer the compliment :bong4: , but i was calling haysus a nigger.

it's ok to use now, no shit. the prez said it 2 shakes ago.
i aint heard nigger from a prez since LBJ. niggero was his best.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 pm
by Dick Cheese
Obummer can say nigger all he wants, because he is one (ignorant person is the definition....remember ?).

dont get yer definition allusion??

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm
by Intrinsic
Nup. He is not.

The prez is not a nigger, he is not black or colored or African American.
His ancestors were not even american slaves.

He is not a nigger as LBJ used the term.

He is a hybrid, a mulatto at best, but not a nigger; and if only the coloreds can use nigger then obama cannot. QED.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:25 pm
by Dick Cheese
Once again, you saw what you wanted to see and did not read.

I said he is an ignorant person...............................................................................................go back up and read my unedited post.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 pm
by Lrus007
OMG he said nigger.....
granny has told you to only call them nigra's
so anyway carry on
Lrus007

The old strawman fallacy eh.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:56 pm
by Intrinsic
Dick Cheese wrote:Once again, you saw what you wanted to see and did not read.

I said he is an ignorant person...............................................................................................go back up and read my unedited post.
I noted I did not git yer allusion the changing definition, (which is a nonsensical redefining) , go back and read the title in my previous post … nigger.

Do you often redefine words to suit yerself, to avoid understanding what you read.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:07 pm
by Dick Cheese
nigger 

nigga, niggah etc. al.(noun)1.describes an ignorant, uneducated, foolish individual regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
Not exactly my redefinition.

Educate yourself, you will find it useful at some point......maybe

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 pm
by Intrinsic
Oh well, if you found it on the internet then it must be valid. :facepalm:

Such as this one too:
Top Definition
nigger
A fully grown niglet
Theres one of them nigger
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:laugh:

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 pm
by bentech
would be curious what dick cheese thinks of the micheal dunn conviction in florida
he got life plus 90 years for murdering jordan davis at a gas station. after which he speed off and spent a night drinking with his gf at a motel never calling the police to report what he though was a righteous act. the jail hes in records all prisoners phone calls and they become public record. in them you see him convinced hes done the right thing but having to figure out how to massage his story about the even in light of what hes learning in prison. he was never granted bail.

he dropped the term "thug music" in description of the offensive sounds which triggered his attack of a car full of exemplary student and family boys

the other case is that of joe horn. a bitter old man gun owner who seeing his neighbors home being burglarized calls 911 that walks out of his house around and over onto his neighbors property and murders the burglar coming out unarmed with his hands full. claimed self defense

you know these cases im sure dick
what was your thought on each?

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 pm
by bentech
One vital piece of evidence were segments of Mr. Horn’s 911 calls which could have possibly incriminated Mr. Horn or shown his innocence. The most scrutinized segment is presented below:

Joe Horn: “I’ve got a shotgun; do you want me to stop them?”

The Pasadena emergency operator responded: “Nope. Don’t do that. Ain’t no property worth shooting somebody over, O.K.?”

Mr. Horn said: “But hurry up, man. Catch these guys will you? Cause, I ain’t going to let them go.”

Mr. Horn then said he would get his shotgun.

The operator said, “No, no.” But Mr. Horn said: “I can’t take a chance of getting killed over this, O.K.? I’m going to shoot.”

The operator told him not to go out with a gun because officers would be arriving.

“O.K.,” Mr. Horn said. “But I have a right to protect myself too, sir,” adding, “The laws have been changed in this country since September the Eleventh, and you know it.”

The operator said, “You’re going to get yourself shot.” But Mr. Horn replied, “You wanna bet?”

Moments later he said, “Well here it goes, buddy. You hear the shotgun clicking and I’m going.”

Then he said: “Move, you’re dead.”

There were two quick gunshots, then a third.

“I had no choice,” Mr. Horn said when he got back on the line with the dispatcher. “They came in the front yard with me, man.”

The 911 call ended about 80 seconds after the shots were fired, when officers arrived on the scene.

this murder was exonerated

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:51 pm
by bentech
here are the letters dunn wrote while locked up
his gf turned against him at trial

http://targetingcops.blogspot.com/2014/ ... calls.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwmQh21hqY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:20 pm
by Dick Cheese
bentech wrote: im sure dick
Why yes, I'm sure you're dick too.

As for the rest ?????

Grammar.
Punctuation.
Basic communication skills.
Nope, teh failz.
tl:dr

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:55 pm
by bentech
so your an elitist eh?

the grammar police got old 20 years ago sonny
youd have been one of those scumbag american settlers who never led the native americans into court to argue their case of the US and its citizens violating all the contracts and treaties they had signed with them

simply because they wernt dressed properly

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:33 am
by Lrus007
so we get a new flag ?
Lrus007

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:24 am
by Roots
Now if I can put my face on it it will be my facebook profile pic.

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:55 am
by bentech
Dick Cheese wrote:You 'intellectually challenged' guys are great :)

I point out the phrase politically correct stems from politicians and you find all sorts of things I'm going to allegedly say next.

I point out that the Confederate flag is an important historical part of what makes the US the US and suddenly I'm a racist.

just cuz you can mabe spell "intellectually" doesnt mean you can own its opperative implimentation...
Dick Cheese wrote:I wonder what you'll come up with if I say I don't like boiled peas ?

funny youd ask...

A Farmworkers Bill of Rights in New York May Finally End "Abhorrent" Treatment
Friday, 26 June 2015 11:06 By Elizabeth Grossman, In These Times | Report

font size decrease font size increase font size Print

Email

The New York State workers whose benefits most often make headlines are the Wall Streeters who took home an average bonus of $172,860 in 2014. That's almost ten times what many of New York's estimated 60,000 to 100,000 farmworkers earn annually. What's more, farmworkers in New York are not currently guaranteed a full 24-hour day off each week. They also lack the right to overtime pay, to unemployment and workers compensation insurance and are without collective bargaining rights - in an industry that's worth some $5.7 billion annually.

Legislation now being considered by the New York State Senate and Assembly aims to change this status quo. What's being called the Farmworkers Bill of Rights or Farmworkers Fair Labor Practices Act (S. 1291 and A. 4762) would effectively eliminate some key exemptions the federal Fair Labor Standards Act grants to agricultural employers. The legislation would also require employers to report workers' injuries and whether housing provided for farm or food processing workers' labor camps meet legal health and safety requirements, no matter how many people those facilities house.

"Farmworkers labor under hard conditions for hours to feed all of us, yet they lack basic protections and rights afforded to just about every single employee in our state. The treatment of farmworkers is abhorrent and unacceptable," said New York State Senator Adriano Espaillat (D-Manhattan/Bronx), the legislation's lead sponsor, via email.

"It really is bewildering and shameful that in our country this exists, that we have a class of people that have no rights and are almost treated as workers would be in the 1800s or early 1900s," said Hispanic Federation president Jose Calderon.

To understand how this situation can exist in a state that is now the United States' third largest dairy producer - an industry now worth about $3 billion annually, thanks in part to the booming demand for Greek yogurt - and that ranks second nationally in apple production, and third in wine and grapes, one has to go back 77 years. When the Fair Labor Standards Act was passed in 1938, the country was in the depths of the Great Depression. To enable passage of certain New Deal reforms, compromises were struck. Among these were to exempt farm and domestic workers from some federal wage requirements. The National Labor Relations Act, passed in 1935, excluded agricultural workers from its protections, including the right to organize and bargain collectively. Yet another law - passed in 1947 - made it legal for employers not to pay employees for time traveling to and from distant job sites, as is often required of agricultural workers.

Many of the workers who bore the brunt of these policies when they were first enacted were African-American, explains Calderon. According to a recent US Department of Labor's National Agricultural Workers Survey, 78 percent of all US crop workers were born outside the US, nearly all in Mexico or Central America. The legacy of our national labor policies, says Worker Justice Center of New York legal rights advocate Carly Fox, is that "we have Jim Crow alive and well in New York state in 2015."

The New York Farm Bureau takes a different view of the situation, as does the Northeast Dairy Foods Association. The NY Farm Bureau says farms in New York pay an average agricultural wage rate of $12.15 per hour - NY Department of Labor statistics put the industry's annual entry level earnings at $17,110, which works out to substantially less. In a statement, the NYFB also says it is "supportive of employees taking a voluntary day-of-rest each week." And Northeast Dairy Foods Association executive vice president Bruce Krupke says his organization believes "employees are protected already."

Overtime "beyond an eight-hour day in a 40-hour work week, collective bargaining rights and other mandates in the proposed omnibus farm worker legislation are not reasonable work rules on a farm," the NY Farm Bureau's statement says. "Everyone who chooses to work in agriculture understands the hard work and time involved."

The proposed legislation "would simply be bad for business, bad for agriculture and ultimately bad for employees," the statement continues. Further, says Krupke, "We're not seeing mass protests. Not seeing farm workers walk off the farm. There's a big demand for farm workers. There's a shortage, so those who are working there must be being treated fairly. We think this would throw the whole thing into chaos."

Calderon disagrees. "This is not going to affect agricultural business in any significant way," he says, explaining that there are small farm exemptions in the legislation. "Almost every other employee in the state is protected, guaranteed a day off [and] overtime wage standards, but farm workers are cut out of all these benefits, including workers comp," says Jake Potent, Sen. Espaillat's director of communications.

And there's more than just pay at stake, says Fox. Agricultural labor issues, she explains, are strongly tied to immigration issues, given the background of New York's farmworkers. Many of these workers are afraid to speak up for their rights, she says. "The collective bargaining piece is the most fundamental," she says. "For me nothing else matters if they don't have ability to negotiate collectively and be protected on that."

So what are the prospects for passage of this legislation? It's been introduced for five years running now, garnering support in committees but ultimately blocked from coming to a vote. Part of the problem, says Calderon, "is that farmworkers have no political clout and are a very vulnerable population. They're out of sight, out of mind in terms of New York's power base."

The Senate bill has 28 cosponsors and is now with the Finance committee. "It needs 32 votes to pass," says Potent. Whether this will happen before the 2015 New York legislative session ends on June 17 remains unclear. Neither Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan (2nd Senate District) nor Governor Andrew Cuomo's offices responded to requests for their position on the bill by press time.

But the bill's supporters, which include New York State AFL-CIO, don't plan to give up their fight. "The struggle will not end and in fact it will intensify," says Calderon. "It's our number one priority statewide and will continue to bring our allies to the fore."

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3160 ... -treatment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

funny how when truely "big money" is threatened by its servants perchance to carry whips and lollygag around pretending their back in the day and minutes away from their hook up with that light skinned skullary girl whos moms sick and needing a dime...

all your "heritage and tradition" gets kicked to the curb faster than your wife and kids do ever time your baby needs a new engine part or set of tires

eh mr clippers former owners stirling???

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:00 am
by Intrinsic
Dick Cheese you give up too easy, I threw ya a soft ball and you didn’t even swing.
Consider:
Intrinsic wrote:
Dick Cheese wrote:Once again, you saw what you wanted to see and did not read.

I noted I did not git yer allusion the changing definition, (which is a nonsensical redefining) , go back and read the title in my previous post … nigger.

Do you often redefine words to suit yerself, to avoid understanding what you read.
I used nigger in the very context I was disparaging ya with. Ya Could’ve used that to drive yer point to the basket. A slam dunk.

(and don’t forget the mix sport metaphors)

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:21 am
by bentech
the family explains it this way

they south isnt racist

"day juss got ah REAL nigga pra-bum"

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am
by Dick Cheese
It seems like Uranus and Pluto, times change definitions.
Google has not updated this, but Merriam-Webster does not show this on their page any longer....
Nigger | Definition of nigger by Merriam-Webster

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merriam‑Webster

Define nigger: a black person—usage, synonyms, more. ... The original definition, is an uneducated person. not black people. Reply · Like. · 19 · April 26, 2011 at ...
It's really amazing how far the reach of media and politicians go.
Also....

Code: Select all

When did the "dictionary" remove the TRUE definition that follows:[edit]

A person of dull, ignorant, dim-witted and lazy in spirit who's activities are most noted by taking credit for other people's work. It is not exclusive of or determined by race. It is not an ethnic or racial slur in its true definition.
Do you not think that perhaps this definition was intentionally created as a deflection from the words original roots? Allowing supremacists to deny racism by saying, "It just means ignorant." This definition is fairly pervasive. I have even heard black people say it. I would say it was most likely created for this reason.It makes no difference who invented the incorrect definition. It’s not the meaning, so nobody is interested in it. It’s nonsense. —Stephen (Talk) 05:46, 7 March 2015 (UTC)Sounds like you made it up. It was never "removed". Equinox ◑ 01:13, 12 September 2014 (UTC)actualy its not made up when i was a kid thats what i read in a webster dictionary so yes it has been removed and we as representatives of the people want to know whyUnlikely. Find the exact dictionary and prove it. Equinox ◑ 17:49, 8 January 2015 (UTC)What comes to mind is... prove it. If you're so sure of yourself, it should be no trouble at all. Renard Migrant (talk) 17:52, 8 January 2015 (UTC)Funny because this is the EXACT Definition i was raised with, Nigger was defined as any person (PERSON) Showing ignorance or a lack of education. That was out of my Merriam Websters Dictionary, (removed moronic and irrelevant ranting) and yes, the original definition was removed... in the 2010 draft of the new revised edition, look at the unabridged version and you will find it Why don't you find it for us? —CodeCat 23:16, 4 February 2015 (UTC)You are correct^^^^^^ In my dictionary that I grew up using Merriam Websters Dictionary, it clearly was defined as "An ignorant person" this unsigned comment by User:32.209.76.148 21:25, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
from: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Talk:nigger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(using code tag to try and save original format (hope it works)).

If any of you has a pre 2000 dictionary laying about....take a look see for yourselves.

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:18 pm
by bentech
HONEST "traditions and heritage" worth respect by good americans
shows it face today!!!

meet brie newsome
brie newsome.jpg
climbed the capital fasade and took THAT flag down

She was halfway up the 30-foot-pole when she was ordered to come down by State Capitol police. She obliged only after she removed the flag. While she stayed bravely on the pole she declared, “You come against me with hatred and oppression and violence. I come against you in the name of God. This flag comes down today.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-mt1P94cQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"i dont need to wait for the legislature or governor

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:22 pm
by bentech
they way the allowed her to eggress from the flagpoles enclosure was grossly negligent!

almost a freddie gray moment...

she should have slashed it a few times before handing it over to the "loving hands"

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:51 pm
by MadMoonMan
The reason I wore an American Flag sewn onto the back of my blue jean jacket in high school was to protest rules against wearing the American Flag proudly on the back of your coat too as winter comes.

The Rebel Flag was allowed not because everyone was racist. Its was nothing. It lost the war to free the slaves millions of white and black died shedding their blood for.

It was and is a sign of RED NECK REBELLION

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:53 pm
by MadMoonMan
buncha bull-shight mascaraiding as "I got yo all folks backs. Trust me."

Designed to divide

segregate

focus on

deligitmize

them

What is it called when you dig up a deligitimized flag and wave it as new piracy?

So excruse me the next time I see someone taking another crap at the end of my driveway right next to my mailbox. I'm gonna blow his ass away.

Least he could do is take his roll of toilet paper away with him and not strew it all over the landscape.

YOU SEE NOW WARRIORS!

YOU SEE NOW WHO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH!

THE ORPHANS!

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:19 pm
by MadMoonMan
Let's kick their ass and take their whore since we ain't got one!

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:44 pm
by MadMoonMan
WARNING! SPOILERS! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.

"OY! Mate I got your big stick here. We don't need no stenking whores. You will do."

Group unison "OY!"

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:50 pm
by MadMoonMan
I'm going to turn you into a popsickle on a stick."

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 pm
by MadMoonMan
All we ever really wanted was our own gang whore. A good one is kinda hard to find.

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm
by MadMoonMan
"Remember boys. One at a time and keep the sand away from the hooty."

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 pm
by MadMoonMan
Racks rifle "Hold up! There ain't gonna be no gang rapin' on my watch. I don't care if she does want it."

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:46 pm
by bentech
The Casual, Idiotic Racism of Modern American Conservatis

Many exhibit a worldview that is (whether consciously or not), white supremacist to the core.

By Tim Wise

Sometimes racism isn’t about vicious bigotry and hatred towards those with different skin color than your own, let alone a willingness to walk into a church and massacre nine of those others because you think they’re “taking over your country.” Sometimes, racism is manifested in the subtle way a person can dismiss the lived experiences of those racial others as if they were nothing, utterly erasing those experiences, consigning them to the ashbin of history like so much irrelevant refuse.

In the last few days, since Dylann Roof’s terrorist rampage in Charleston, we’ve seen some of that on the part of those who steadfastly defend the confederate flag, which Roof dearly loved, from its critics. As the flag has come down in Alabama and is poised for removal from the statehouse grounds in South Carolina, its supporters have insisted that the flag is not a sign of racism, even if the government whose Army deployed it made clear that its only purposes at the time were the protection of slavery and white supremacy.

Those who defend the flag consider the black experience irrelevant, a trifle, hardly worthy of their concern. Who cares if the flag represented a government that sought to consign them to permanent servitude? Who cares if segregationists used that flag as a blatant symbol of racist defiance during the civil rights movement? Remembering the courageous heroics of one’s great-great-great-grandpappy Cooter by waving that flag or seeing it on public property is more important than black people’s lived experience of it. That such dismissiveness is intrinsically racist should be obvious. But what of less blatant examples?

For instance, what are we to make of certain comments by Congressman Louis Gohmert, Senator Ted Cruz and conservative media personality Sean Hannity in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision legalizing marriage equality nationwide? While those comments were not about race per se, it is hard to deny that their implicit subtext demonstrates a worldview entirely shaped by a white racial frame, viewed through a white racial lens, and one that takes as it starting point a profound disregard for the lives of persons of color: in short, a worldview that is (whether consciously or not), white supremacist to the core.

Start first with Gohmert. Given to hyperbole, one is loath to pay too much attention to the likes of Louis, and yet, his comments in the wake of the marriage equality decision represent far more than his solitary views, so similar are they to the kinds of things heard from many an evangelical white Christian whenever their moral sensibilities are offended. According to the Texas Congressman, because of the ruling, “God’s hand of protection will be withdrawn” from America. In other words, God so loves the world (but hates the gays) that he will either smite us directly, or at the very least no longer offer his thus far really impressive protection from things like economic recession, killer tornadoes, scorching heat waves, disastrous blizzards, a crumbling national infrastructure, and for that matter, racist young men who walk into churches and slaughter nine of his followers in cold blood. Got it? No more “protection” from those things!

At first glance, perhaps this comment seems to have nothing to do with race at all; but think about it. For Gohmert to claim that now God’s protection will be withdrawn is to suggest that prior to this time we were the active recipients of that protection, that to this point God had shined his light upon America, blessing us with all good things, happy at the sight of our superior morality. And yet, for that to be true, one would have to believe that God saw nothing wrong with the enslavement of African peoples for over two hundred years, the slaughter and forced removal of indigenous peoples from their land, the invasion and theft of half of Mexico, the abuse of Chinese labor on railroads, the internment of Japanese Americans—nothing wrong with lynching or segregation. You would have to accept that God is more offended by marriage equality than any of those things, that God was essentially sanguine about formal white supremacy, and willing to extend his protective blanket over us even in the face of that, but somehow so-called “gay marriage” is a bridge too far.

Aside from the loony-tunes nature of such a belief as this, on its face, is it not obvious that the position amounts to an erasure of the lived experiences of people of color? That it diminishes the horrors with which they lived and suggests that those horrors were not horrors after all, at least not in any moral sense that the presumed Creator might recognize? And if so, how can such a belief not be called racist? If I deny your experience, relegate it to the category of the irrelevant, or suggest that the denial of your rights as people of color was morally less problematic than the extension of rights to others, how can I possibly claim exculpation from the charge of holding an implicitly white supremacist worldview? Is one such as Gohmert not clearly implying here that the experiences of people of color do not matter? Or at least not that much? Is he not suggesting that whatever terrors they experienced were basically no biggie so far as the Lord was concerned, and as such, should certainly prove no great distraction for the likes of mortal men and women like ourselves?

Indeed, to believe that God protected America all through those periods of formal and overt white racial fascism is to believe that those days weren’t so bad after all—a fundamentally racist worldview that disrespects people of color by definition—or that God is a white supremacist, which view not only disrespects people of color but would likely displease any Creator should he exist and actively intervene in the affairs of man. In which case, Louis Gohmert might want to chew his food especially well from this point forward.

Then there’s Ted Cruz. In the wake of the Supreme Court ruling, Cruz took to Sean Hannity’s radio program, where he proclaimed that the previous twenty-four hour period (in which the court not only legalized marriage equality but also saved affordable health care for between 6-8 million Americans) had been “among the darkest 24-hours” in the history of the nation itself. It was a claim to which Hannity responded that he could not have said it “more eloquently” himself.

Really? A 24-hour period during which the court extended rights to millions of people and guaranteed that upwards of eight million wouldn’t lose their health insurance was among the worst 24-hour periods in history?

As bad or worse than any 24-hour period under slavery, under segregation, or during which day-long progression multiple black bodies may well have been strung up from tree limbs?

Worse than the 24-hour period in which the same court issued its decision in Dred Scott, holding therein that blacks had no rights the white man was bound to respect?

Worse than the 24-hour period in which whites bombed and burned the Greenwood district of Tulsa, Oklahoma or slaughtered dozens of African Americans in East St. Louis, Illinois in orgies of racial terrorism?

Worse than any 24-hour period in which multiple slaving ships pulled into port in cities like Charleston or New Orleans and offloaded their human cargo for sale at market?

Worse than any 24-hour period in which Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw and Muscogee Indians were forcibly marched westward during the Trail of Tears, or any 24-hour period in which Lakota and Dakota peoples were being hunted in the Black Hills, or the 24-hour period during which Colonel John Chivington led his forces in a sadistic massacre of Cheyenne families at Sand Creek?

Fascinating.

It would seem axiomatic to rational people that any day under enslavement or Jim Crow segregation, or debt peonage or the Black Codes, or the virtual re-enslavement of African Americans that existed even well into the twentieth century in many parts of the South, would have been worse than the 24-hour period about which Cruz and Hannity are so exorcised. But then again, that would only be true for black people, and as such, would not count to the likes of men such as they. And that’s the point: to disregard the racialized horror that defined the black experience every single day for centuries, or to consider it somehow less horrible than a 24-hour span in which LGBT folks were treated as full and equal citizens and eight million people were kept from being thrown off of health care rolls, is to possess a worldview that is not only stupendous in its thoroughgoing mendacity, but also embarrassingly white and implicitly racist. Only someone who didn’t care about the history of America as regards people of color could say such a thing; and one who doesn’t care about said history is engaged in a form of racism by default—guilty of committing racial memoricide by way of their dismissiveness.

And yet this kind of historical mis-remembering is virtually a requirement for being a modern conservative in the United States. It’s why Donald Trump can say, with no sense of misgiving (and Bill O’Reilly heartily agree) that thanks to defective black culture and bad parenting, black children are “in worse shape today” than at any other time in American history, including, one presumes, that time during which they were being forced to pick cotton from dawn to dusk, beaten or mutilated for learning to read, raped by depraved owners, sold away from their families, or relegated to deliberately inferior separate and unequal schools (or in some cases denied education altogether).

Despite the ongoing chasms that exist between white folks and black folks in every area of well-being, the fact remains that despite the supposedly corrosive influences of hip-hop and saggin’ pants, black youth are more likely to graduate from high school, more likely to enroll in college, less likely to live in poverty, less likely to suffer from hunger and less likely to die in infancy than at any point in the nation’s history. All of this, thanks to the legacy of the civil rights struggle, in which neither Trump nor O’Reilly nor any prominent conservative played a part. Though people of color still face persistent obstacles to full equality of opportunity, and ongoing racial discrimination (as many, myself included have long documented), suggesting that they are worse off than ever before is not only asininity on stilts, but so too an act of supreme disrespect for the lived experience of black and brown peoples. It minimizes their pain in a way that only someone who never lived it could, and wipes clean their history in a way that only a person who didn’t care about those whom that history injured, possibly would countenance.

By their statements, the modern American right shows itself not only dismissive of racism’s continuing presence in the contemporary period, but even its central role in the nation’s history. They demonstrate their ignorance, and more, their nonchalance at the pain and suffering inflicted upon black and brown peoples so as to make possible this country they love so much. Indebted though they are to those peoples of color, without whose forced labor and stolen land they would still be among Europe’s most spectacular failures, white conservatives continue to believe, against all evidence to the contrary, that with this week’s Supreme Court rulings they are among the nation’s greatest historical victims.

The delusion would be laughable were its consequences not so dangerous.

Tim Wise is antiracism educator and author of seven books on race, racism and inequality in America. He blogs at http://www.timwise.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and tweets @timjacobwise

http://www.alternet.org/casual-idiotic- ... nservatism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:48 pm
by Dick Cheese
Simple minded drivel anyone can copy and paste.

Use your own words and try to make an eloquent argument.

Like....

Millions of Americans died in the Civil war, on both sides.
The United States of America, and the Confederate States of America.

Now 1 nigger in the white house that isn't even an American wants to abolish a flag that stands as one of the very few reminders of those MILLIONS of American lives lost.

Fuck that ignorant prick.
Fuck you too, until you can speak for yourself and make a true effort instead of copy/pasting all the off beat shit you can find.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 pm
by bentech
aint hardly anyone here with more opinions IN his own words here than me dc,
any nobody who will reword and rephrase and restate them as many times as i will in
dialogue with the slow or contentious either

your arguing with shadow your hand makes on the wall when you refer to me as you do...

youve refused to address ANY of the multitude of "in my own words" pieces ive posted here and elsewhere
i even answered the question you though UNanswerable

that being "isnt PC the same as facism???"

you though it was inarguable; i slapped it silly and you never responded.

tim wise is amazing, really puts it well. INARGUABLY well
which is why your left with nothing but that tiny bitter racist core your clutching like youd evaporate into thin air without it

heres all you got you poor sad thing
just because you dont believe 2+2=4 doesnt mean the fact is argueable

White Whine: Reflections on the Brain-Rotting Properties of Privilege

http://www.timwise.org/2004/04/white-wh ... privilege/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your nothing but politically correct
when it comes to serving the banks and the wealthy and all the bad actors fleecing the middle class
you wouldnt know politically incorrect if it bit you in the ass

why, here is some now!

JUNE 30, 2015

Why the South's Defeat was a Victory for Human Progress

The Confederacy was the Islamic State of Its Time

by JOHN WIGHT
If ever a cause was unworthy, that cause was the US Confederacy. If ever a cause was righteously defeated, it was the cause of the US Confederacy. And if ever a flag was and is an insult to human decency and dignity, it is the US Confederate flag.

The mere fact this is still being debated in the United States, the fact there are those who continue to accord a nobility, valor, and romanticism to the Confederacy – regarded wistfully as the ‘Lost Cause’ by its adherhents – this is evidence of the deep polarization that divides a society yet to fully come to terms with its legacy of slavery, racial oppression, and barbarism.

When white racist fanatic, Dylann Roof, slaughtered nine people at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, he unwittingly exposed the truth that the US Civil War remains the defining event in the nation’s history, which still today informs a cultural divide between North and South.

The reason for this lies not so much in the legitimacy of the Confederate/southern cause – indeed, how could a cause defined by the right to keep human beings as slaves ever be considered legitimate? – but in the weakness of progressive forces in succumbing to the mythology that has been ascribed to the Confederacy and to those who fought and died for it. Indeed if ever a society was crying out for the aggressive assertion of human rights, racial equality, and justice, it is the United States.

Racial oppression, whether delivered from the gun of a mass murderer in a South Carolinian church, or the gun of a police officer, has yet to be expunged in the land of the free, even though 150 years have passed since the Confederacy was defeated in battle.

There are historical reasons why this is so, but one in particular: namely the decision of the 19th President of the United States, Rutherford B Hayes, to end Reconstruction as a condition of his entry into the White House with the support of southern Democrats, a tawdry political deal known to history as the Compromise of 1877. It marked the end of a decade in which so-called Radical Republicans (referred to pejoratively as Black Republicans), in control of the US Congress, had driven forward a federal program to promote and uphold the rights of former slaves throughout the South, according them the full civil and political rights that their status as free men and women demanded. This was absolutely necessary immediately upon war’s end, when local politicians assumed control of state legislatures across the South and enacted ‘black codes’ with the objective of keeping the newly freed blacks in as close to a state of slavery as was possible, refusing to grant them their rights or the vote.

The reaction of the North was to divide the former Confederate states into military districts and occupy them with federal troops to ensure the protection of blacks from white racists and to enforce their civil rights. This was accompanied by the demand that those former Confederate states support the passage of the three post-civil war amendments to the US Constitution – the 13th, 14th, and 15th – outlawing slavery and granting rights of citizenship and the vote to every person born in the United States regardless of race or color, and in every state.

The end of Reconstruction in 1877, and the withdrawal of federal troops from states such as South Carolina, resulted in the plight of blacks in said states suffering a sharp reverse. The Klu Klux Klan’s influence and power as America’s first terrorist organization instantly made its presence felt, measured in the rise and entrenchment of white supremacy as a state and culture of segregation returned across the South. Blacks were lynched, murdered, and tortured with impunity from then on, and their status as second-class citizens entrenched.

This mindset remains a fact of life not just across the South but also across the United States, carried in the hearts and minds of right wing Republicans and a reactionary media that on a daily and nightly basis whips up divisions and spews prejudice and racial stereotypes with blithe disregard for common decency.

By far the most compelling evidence of this culture of racial prejudice, however, has been the treatment of the nation’s first black president, Barack Obama, since he entered the White House in 2009. Never has a US President been subjected to such a sustained campaign of demonization and hate as he has.

In the face of this campaign, his dignity has never wavered, nor his understanding of the racism that scars the country to this day. His eulogy at the funeral service of South Carolina senator and pastor Clementa Pinckney, one of the nine victims of the recent slaughter, culminated in an inspiring rendition of Amazing Grace, reminding us of what might have been if he’d been president of a truly post-racial America.

At the start of the Civil War in 1861 four million men, women, and children were being kept as chattel across the Confederacy. They were sold, raped, beaten, tortured and murdered upon the whim of their owners, men and women whose barbarity finds its modern day equivalence in the barbarity of the followers and members of the Islamic State.

There was nothing noble or romantic about the Confederacy, and its defeat marked a victory for human progress. But the waging of total war that ensured its defeat was not followed by the waging of total peace to ensure that the culture which gave rise to it was likewise consigned to history.

The plight of blacks and other minorities across the US today is a daily reminder of that failure, a measure of the weakness of generations of US progressives in their attempt to foment unity when they should have been fomenting justice.

The most passionate Radical Republican of them all, Thaddeus Stevens, put it best: “There can be no fanatics in the cause of genuine liberty.”

John Wight is the author of a politically incorrect and irreverent Hollywood memoir – Dreams That Die – published by Zero Books.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/06/30/ ... -its-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:18 pm
by bentech
Dick Cheese wrote: When did the "dictionary" remove the TRUE definition that follows
well you see dick,
once we noticed that the words true definition was a far better description of the priveleged white person using it dispariagingly against the poor and defenseless they was ah robbin

the charade ended

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:38 am
by Dick Cheese
Dick Cheese wrote:Simple minded drivel anyone can copy and paste.

Use your own words and try to make an eloquent argument.
I thought I remembered typing that.

So, you copy/paste a response in words not your own ?

What a well thought out argument.

Wait, you didn't think, didn't type, didn't convey a single thought of your own.....

Anything that is a copy/paste gets the same consideration, which is....
tl;dr

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 am
by bentech
heh

man, i aint had such a good laugh at a fools expense than that time i saw those two bikers in the heat of "i know you are but what am i?" debate

it isnt necessarily that you cant read
more like
you the sad kid of some psyco god fearing types

snatching books out of your hands
"dont read that! its BAD!!!!!! kill it!!!"

well,
i supposed if your aches pains and pounding head comfort you i guess you could say that about asprin...

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:31 am
by bentech
from dicks link

AARP: Social Security Should Not Be Part Of Deficit Discussion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/3 ... 93746.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:51 am
by bentech
that got your number boy!

Charleston Massacre Forces White Nationalists Out of the Shadows

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3160 ... he-shadows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:13 am
by Dick Cheese
Here's a pic for Ben....

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 pm
by Dick Cheese
Should I TRY to educate Ben on some of the more salient points of slavery ?
Is it possible to beat some sense into the poor lad ?

Let's have a go, shall we ?
In a fascinating essay reviewing this controversy, R. Halliburton shows that free black people have owned slaves "in each of the thirteen original states and later in every state that countenanced slavery," at least since Anthony Johnson and his wife Mary went to court in Virginia in 1654 to obtain the services of their indentured servant, a black man, John Castor, for life.

And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well. Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves. One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Halliburton wrote.
There, I even bold and underlined the points for you to consider.

BTW, was that quote from a white supremacist site ?
Why no, it was from a black supremacist site :)
http://www.africanamerica.org/topic/did ... laves?nc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wrap your lips around that one, schooled boy.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:26 pm
by bentech
are you saying that this report means blacks are inferior and subsequently deserved what was done to them???

are you implying that these blacks owning black slaves were party to and invented the AMERICAN regime of vslavery who practices put all former forms of slavery to shame for being kind and benovelantly administered UNTIL the europeans and westerners got in on the racket?

are you saying that this couldnt be a case of free blacks sheltering black slaves from the horrors they were subject to when "white niggers" held the whip over their head?

your post lacks ANY contect
and certainly excludes mention of brittians selling the irish to the sugar plantations for use in WORSE PRACTICES of human depredation than what the africans were subjected to at the time

guess you probably dont know that the irish were the first slaves to be spoken of and administered as 'breeders'

ah, but that was long before the irish attained the elusive ranks of WHITE-NESS...

yes,
all races at one time or another have ENslaved their enemies; those they conquered
its was the practice of inducting the vanquished into citizenship
aclimatizing them to a NEW society where they would quickly earn citizenship and a new life

rather than as practiced by the americans
where their job was to have babies for the chopping block
and die quickly just as soon as the working conditions
and sexual exploitation maimed them

you know the story about the 'father' of dynocology???

he LOVED practicing surgery on black slaves without anesthisa

and donold rumsfeld loved the history so much he bought and restored the torture chambers that had survived

nice work
for those PROUD of their traditions and heritage

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:40 pm
by Dick Cheese
As always you refuse to even see what I highlit for your lack of....uhh.....open minded sight.

It has been proven that blacks owned white slaves IN THE SOUTHERN US.

It's a two way street bubba.

Go live your life with blinders on, hand held and guided by mainstream media.

I'm done with your gullibility.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 pm
by bentech
contextless once again?
what your highlight has such meaning its beyond inumeration?

we see your lawyers bars came out of the chrackerjacks treat barrel

probably got mom to spit up a little with that try
you did you did

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43 am
by Intrinsic
Ben yanno DC is trying to use the straw-man argument on you, it also seems he is unaware this a common well known logical fallacy; thinking it is yer closed mind for ignoring such obvious fallacious arguments.

- ------------------ -

There was these guys (The Yes Men) that gave paid lectures trying to spoof and embarrass the cooperate elite in the guise of representing the WTO.

One of the lectures was that (black) slavery was inevitable to end without a civil war anyway.
Argument was it cost more to feed, house, cloth and police slaves (cheap labor) that are here in country then to have slaves (cheap labor) in foreign countries to produce your goods.

In-country slavery is just not as profitable as outsourcing, so slavery here was destine to end, it cuts into the profits.

Mind you this was a spoof to shock the audience. they expected to be arrested or at least thrown out.
Instead they got an ovation. :facepalm:

Cheese puff ought to see the "good sense" in their logic.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 pm
by bentech
whats so apalling about dc's contribution here
is that so far it doesnt even pass to muster of having READ what he would wish up believe hes contrasting

but just like jingal keeping the stupid in the GOP party
we aint had a good whabbit around in some time

few realize the costs "employers" saved by migrating away from owning their forced laborers
to one where forced social conditions transfered those cost TO the slave in trade for him living a bit longer
on the job and assurance that he would never rise up against injustice again

but this is america after all
and hard work has rarely been respected

just as the GOP illitrates this week in opposing legislation that would compel JUST conpensation for it...

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 pm
by MadMoonMan
Pride and fighting over flags and I want your land weaklings.

Tribes

Man has to be governed.

Men can govern themselves

Or chaos rules

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:00 pm
by MadMoonMan
I got here first bitch its my gas mine ... go away.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:32 pm
by bentech
have you noticed all the white women on tv lately
forgiving the black thugs who raped their daughters???

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:33 pm
by Lrus007
a few photo's
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:51 am
by bentech
just goes to prove that all a negro needs to do
to get away with murder

is where a white hat all the time

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:44 am
by Lrus007
that was OJ for murder btw....

ok ben there is no difference between a white hood and
a hoodie or a bandanna or color's of some sort.
it's the people that hate.... not what they wear.
so fucking look at both sides of things.
Lrus007

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:00 am
by bentech
looking at BOTH sides of things is quite clear that white boys in the hood have a power base behind them that subsidizes their interests and safety and gives them far more options while their banging and a FAR easier path to exit that life in rehabilitation

no policemen are getting trained to beath their moms down for jaywalking nor do lawyers refuse to see them when the walk in with their cases

my focus is simply a matter of triage
like a fireman
you put out greatest threat first
the biggest danger

anyone trying to tell you that it happens on both sides is SIMPLY insisting that the consequences of both
the matter of degree
the matter of what powers are subsidizing and INVESTING in them

ISNT allowed into the discussion
isnt a factor when harm reduction measures are planned

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:19 am
by Dick Cheese
white boys have a power base in the hood ?
are you fucking kidding me ?

you're in socal....and you are white , right ?

go stroll thru long beach down 7th street
howzabout down imperial thru south gate
atlantic thru Compton

where's your fucking power base now bitch ?
too busy dodging bbc butt darts ?

it's obvious you don't have a clue about anything race related.

I'm done with your bullshit.

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:46 pm
by SonOfPierrot
Arguing with a racist about... anything is pretty futile Cheese, sorry man.

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:24 am
by bentech
he needs to learn how to read for starters sop
THEN you need to admit that dickie refused to argue at all

hes just here with empty slanders that he believes can stand simple on their mear utterance

you appear to be here just to show off your english schoolboy

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:32 am
by bentech
oh and dickey
a white "in the hood" ia simply a trustafarian

he's already got alot of "money in the bank" as compared to the associates

oh and say,
whats your one dimensionalist's takes on what would correct the nation, as you see it?

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 am
by Lrus007
oh and say,
whats your one dimensionalist's takes on what would correct the nation, as you see it?
pretty simple pull our asses out of the europe, asia and african continents.
then make north and south america our side of world. then improve it for all.
Lrus007

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:11 am
by Roots
“Nationalism of one kind or another was the cause of most of the genocide of the twentieth century. Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's minds and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead.”

― Arundhati Roy

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:29 am
by bentech
genius photo spread

KKK supports got shown their ass on the charleston capital steps by hordes of black lives matter supporters.

heh

dumbfuck whitey got so scared he plow'd into a lightpole!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... house.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what funny is even this british rag gives whitey the benefit of the editorial doubt and describes the mayhem as merely a "knocking into"

christ

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:36 pm
by bentech
outstanding news!!!

Grand Jury Indicts 15 after Birthday Party Confrontation

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. - A Douglas County jury indicted 15 members of a pro-Confederate flag group Friday after a July clash with people attending a children’s birthday party.

Douglas County District Attorney Brian Fortner announced the indictments Monday for the July 25th incident on Campbellton Street in Douglasville.

At a Monday news conference, Fortner said the 15 people associated with the group “Respect the Flag” drove around the community in vehicles displaying the Confederate flag when they stopped near a residence on Campbellton Street where some residents were having a child’s birthday party.

After media coverage of the confrontation which was captured in part on video, the Douglasville Police Department and the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office conducted an investigation into the circumstances.

On Friday, the Grand Jury indicted 15 members of “Respect the Flag” on charges they violated Georgia’s Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act and Terrorist threats.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/3237144 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 pm
by bentech
yep...