Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Variety Jones in the news.

Post by smokebreaks »

OMG.

Reading along and all the sudden.

https://news.vice.com/article/accused-s ... vicenewsfb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prosecutors, however, introduced a tor-chat log from December 2011 between a user they say was Ulbricht and one who went by Variety Jones, or vj. Journals seized from Ulbricht's laptop upon his arrest portray Variety Jones as a "mentor" who allegedly urged Ulbricht along, giving the then earnest libertarian sea legs to take on ownership of a site that prosecutors are alleging handled some $1.2 billion in Bitcoin transactions.

In the December chat, Variety Jones asks the user alleged to be Ulbricht who knew he was connected to the site.

"Two people," the user responds, possibly referring to a one-time girlfriend of Ulbricht's named Julia, who was mentioned in journals found in the laptop, as well as Bates, who also testified Julia knew of the site. "They think I sold the site and got out a month ago."

A month later, on January 15, 2012, Variety Jones advised taking up a new moniker.

"You need to change your name from Admin, to Dread Pirate Roberts," he wrote.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

BAMF
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BAMF »

We are farmers Bum Buh Dum Duh Dum Bum Bump :popcorn:

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

wired has published pages and pages of the journal they purportedly found on the kid

from 2011

"I was still working with SYG, so utah was set to work on rewriting the site. Around this time, Variety Jones showed up. This was the biggest and strongest willed character I had met through the site thus far. He quickly proved to me that he had value by pointing out a major security hole in the site I was unaware of. It was an attack on bitcoind. We quickly began discussing every aspect of the site as well as future ideas. He convinced me of a server configuration paradigm that gave me the confidence to be the sole server administrator and not work with someone else at all. He has advised me on many technical aspect of what we are doing, helped me speed up the site and squeeze more out of my current servers. He also has helped me better interact with the community around Silk Road, delivering proclamations, handling troublesome characters, running a sale, changing my name, devising rules, and on and on. He also helped me get my head straight regarding legal protection, cover stories, devising a will, finding a successor, and so on. He’s been a real mentor. "

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/heres-secr ... -ulbricht/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

ninjacloakd
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: ~Trolling for Truth~

Post by ninjacloakd »

Thomas Clarke is another one who ended up in legal Hell after being 'mentored' by VJ. :toker1:

..... Hey Smokes, you aren't still involved with VJ are ya???? :whistle:

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Never was. Glad to see Breeder Steve is still alive and kicking.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

Deja vu all over again.

again.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

bump
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Nice find. Are we surprised? Well yes, but *how* surprised? Funny how VJ's anonymity is being honored here. Makes you think huh?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

From the logs-
Later, Variety Jones changed his identity to cimon. "Variety Jones is dead," he wrote in a chat to DPR. "Poor fella. No more seed biz for him."
Seed biz huh? I'm shocked, shocked I am.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

"Read the Transcript of Silk Road’s Boss Ordering 5 Assassinations"

Those messages capture what seem to be a grisly nadir for the Silk Road’s pseudonymous administrator known as the Dread Pirate Roberts. Over the course of just a few days, his scheme spirals from merely tracking down a blackmailer to intimidate him, to hiring Hell’s Angels to kill that blackmailer, to paying those same hitmen a total of $650,000 to kill four more people.

Ulbricht, who the prosecutors have sought to prove is that Dread Pirate Roberts, hasn’t been charged with murder-for-hire in his Southern District of New York case, though he faces charges that include conspiracies to sell narcotics, launder money and more. (He does, however, face murder-for-hire charges in a separate case in Baltimore.) In fact, the prosecution admitted in court that the purported victims of the Silk Road killings were never found, and that Canadian police couldn’t even locate records for anyone with their names. (Ulbricht’s defense attorneys declined WIRED’s request for comment on the message log, saying they’ll respond on the trial’s closing arguments.)

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-trans ... sinations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com